Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,313 members, 7,815,569 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Pls, Advise On How To Pursue This Injustice - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pls, Advise On How To Pursue This Injustice (586 Views)

Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) / Am I Too Old To Pursue My Dream Course / Injustice In Babcock University (a Must Read And A Must Share!!!!!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls, Advise On How To Pursue This Injustice by Unubi(f): 12:50pm On Nov 10, 2011
MY SISTER APPLIED FOR MEDICINE IN UNILORIN.

SHE SCORED 245 POINTS IN JAMB WHERE AS THE CUT OFF POINT IS 240.

SHE SCORED 80% IN POST JAMB SCREENING WHERE AS THE CUT OFF IS 60%.

BY THIS, SHE HAS MERITED THE ADMISSION BY DEFINED STANDARD AND YET, SHE WAS DENIED ADMISSION.

I SEEK ADVICE ON ANY EFFECTIVE WAY TO PURSUE THIS CASE.

ADVICE FROM MEMBERS OF THIS HALLOWED HOUSE WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED.
Re: Pls, Advise On How To Pursue This Injustice by timjones1(m): 1:24pm On Nov 10, 2011
Hi dear. Wat's up. Am sorry for the sad news of your sister. But I think she has a stand or case. All you need to do is this, Firstly; Pray to God about it. Very very important. Secondly; Go to the school and meet the admission officer,present your case with zero fear but in a respectful manner. Tell him about it and show him the facts, Hopefully He'll sort it out. Talk to you soon and, GUD LUCK, Tim Jones
Re: Pls, Advise On How To Pursue This Injustice by DonaldsN(m): 1:49pm On Nov 10, 2011
@poster, My dear, Tim, just said it all. I had such prob in Unizik. D cutoff mark of D dept. dat i chose was 188 but my aggregate score was 270, so i merited d admission, but wen d 1st list came out, my name wasn't dia, i visited d admission office, presented my results to them, den dey went 2ru dia files and told me dat i merited d admission but my JAMB subject combination was wrong i.e i was supposed 2write geography instead of physics in JAMB, &so JAMB rejected my name wen it was sent to dem. So i requested 4a change of course, and dey told me 2 wait 4second list, which is yet to be released. So let her go 2d school and present her results to dem, dey wil surely proffer good answers 2her
Re: Pls, Advise On How To Pursue This Injustice by Unubi(f): 2:34pm On Nov 10, 2011
Thanks tin Jones and Donald. She had been there and was told she may had been short changed somewhere and that the there is no more room for intake in her choice course. She was further promised another course when V-C LIST will be out which she is not happy with.

Its so painfull because she was in medical school in Uyo to 200level and fell critically ill and could not continue, so she lost the admission and the only thing she has ever been excited at is her medical career.

Its so worrisom but i believe the school can be compelled to consider her for her course may be by legal action or cant say,
Re: Pls, Advise On How To Pursue This Injustice by DonaldsN(m): 5:28pm On Nov 10, 2011
My dear, at this point, d school stand a glaring chance of winning wia ever u take dem. U can't force dem 2admit more dan dey are told to or revoke anyone's admission so as 2accommodate her. She can take a new course, den in 2nd yr, she can switch over 2medicine

(1) (Reply)

Pti Admission / Website Design Sydney: Boosting Your Odds Of Becoming Successful Online By Using A Professional Look / B.tech And B.sc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.