Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,932 members, 7,814,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Work From Home Wahala - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Work From Home Wahala (19407 Views)

Common Lies About Working From Home As A Nigerian / Why Working From Home As A New Mom, Is A Win-win / 5 Career Path You Can Easily Gain Valuable Experience From Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Work From Home Wahala by Dilijingsly(m): 2:02pm On Feb 27
PastorOlokonla:

I want to go out to a regular office. Working at home for the past 3 years. I am always at home.
My suits and shoes just dey there. I don't drive my car as well. It just parks there.
Even all those fine office girl, i nor see anyone play with again.

Work from home na bastard walahi!
give me link to start working from home please.
Re: Work From Home Wahala by Nfora: 2:04pm On Feb 27
blackpanthar:

Yeye dey smell
ARE YOU A PASTOR OR AN IMPOSTER... because you should visit places if you want to be SEEN

even if you are not a pastor.... THERE ARE MANY FUN THINGS TO DO

on instagram if you follow BOREDINLAGOS... you would see lots of things to do...
on instagram EVENTSINLAGOS too has lots of events to showcase...

GIGHOUSEAFRICA too is where you can connect with great minds

THERE ARE CLUBS AND BARS since you work remote like me, you should be earning enough to go there and CHILL

you don't need to be BORED, just ask the right questions

His moniker suggests he is a pastor with big gbola😁

2 Likes

Re: Work From Home Wahala by agentarcher(m): 2:11pm On Feb 27
Been working from home since 2019, and honestly, I don't see what you are complaining about. I still have a social life and do what I need to do. You are only suffering from misplaced priorities.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Work From Home Wahala by Digitalwall(f): 2:14pm On Feb 27
One man's meat, another man's poison. If you have any link kindly share with me. I will pay you the tithe.

2 Likes

Re: Work From Home Wahala by geezynoni: 2:16pm On Feb 27
Unserious bast

1 Like

Re: Work From Home Wahala by Caleycash(m): 2:19pm On Feb 27
What thousands if not millions are looking for is what you're complaining about??, you're just being ungrateful... Will social life pay your bills??, I don't think you've been in very serious need for money before!, you don't know what God has done for you, ask him for forgiveness, there are bars, restaurants, parks, gym, sport centers and social clubs everywhere, all these I mentioned requires one thing, MONEY!, my brother ask God for forgiveness!

4 Likes

Re: Work From Home Wahala by Seun4blue(m): 2:19pm On Feb 27
1 look for any ball house or beer palour in about 10mins drive away from your house to watch soccer matches at least twice a week.
2 look for one palmwine joint within 30mins drive from your house (4pm every Wednesday)
3 Church in about 15mins drive ( every Sunday 9am to 11am).
4 Club once a month. You can join social club. (If you live in Akure there are some old men football training field you can be going)
5. Find a friend to hangout with as well....... Don't forget live soccer games if a field is around, concert. most especially whenever you see children playing spend like 20mins looking at them...

please socialize
Re: Work From Home Wahala by polycarp65: 2:26pm On Feb 27
PastorOlokonla:

Its no more fun for me I swear. I cant remember when last I dressed in my good clothes or wear any of my shoes. Boredom wan kill me. I need to get an office and hire all those god-fearing ladies with short micro-miniskirts ASAP!

Normally, I work from home and I enjoy every bit of it, I have time to do my work, I make sure I go out every evening to drink my beer n smoke some weed and cool off, strees dey am, try dey time ur self, d money wey u dey find na to chop n flex, I wear my good clothes and chill out every day my guys no understand my income but I like am dt way, I make money from home enjoying myself, if light no dey I on gen...

I still buy things wey I need price no matter because I earn in dollars

2 Likes

Re: Work From Home Wahala by Raxxye(m): 2:34pm On Feb 27
PastorOlokonla:

Its no more fun for me I swear. I cant remember when last I dressed in my good clothes or wear any of my shoes. Boredom wan kill me. I need to get an office and hire all those god-fearing ladies with short micro-miniskirts ASAP!
😀😀😀
Re: Work From Home Wahala by Blaqbea: 2:38pm On Feb 27
Person wey get job the complain, u can actually create time for outing
Re: Work From Home Wahala by dheolexaone(f): 2:40pm On Feb 27
Every job has it's pros and cons.
It depends solely on how you yourself mingle and handle your social life.
I have been working from home for the past 5 years now and right now I can say it's the best for this current economic meltdown.
Just ensure to mingle with your genuine friends and family to rock and roll. Visit families and friends and work in their house too grin
Go to bars at night to just give your eyes some food to be lively and ease work stress.
Go to church on Sundays and don't stay indoors all day.
Just mingle. That is the way to come out of work from home boredom.

3 Likes

Re: Work From Home Wahala by yinkeys(m): 2:43pm On Feb 27
PastorOlokonla:
I am sick and tired of working from home. My social life is dying. I never get to drive my car or wear my new clother. Which kain whala be this.

I don miss social life and office romance tire.
Go out on weekends
Friday night
Saturdays
Start planning a small business or supermarket or something too
Re: Work From Home Wahala by candygist: 2:43pm On Feb 27
PastorOlokonla:
I am sick and tired of working from home. My social life is dying. I never get to drive my car or wear my new clother. Which kain whala be this.

That's not an issue. You need a friend like me to be showing you around Lagos. Bills on you sha.
Re: Work From Home Wahala by emdis: 3:01pm On Feb 27
Pay for a coworking space... Go there and work sometimes
Re: Work From Home Wahala by Gazemindset: 3:07pm On Feb 27
Once upon a time, in a land filled with endless possibilities, there existed the extraordinary human mind. This mind was like a vast, uncharted territory, brimming with potential and endless discoveries waiting to be made.

In this realm of the mind, there were no limits to what could be learned, imagined, or created. It was a place where creativity knew no bounds and innovation thrived. With each new idea, the human mind ventured into uncharted territory, pushing the boundaries of what was thought possible.

As the story unfolded, the human mind revealed its remarkable adaptability. It embraced change and uncertainty, learning from its experiences and growing stronger with each challenge it faced. Like a resilient explorer, it navigated the ever-changing landscape of life, continuously evolving and adapting to new surroundings.

Through the ages, the human mind's story was one of perpetual growth and development. It sought out knowledge, gained new insights, and expanded its understanding of the world. With each chapter, it demonstrated an insatiable thirst for learning and an unwavering determination to explore the depths of its own inexhaustible potential.

And so, the tale of the human mind unfolded as a story of boundless curiosity, endless creativity, and unyielding resilience—a testament to the inexhaustible nature of the human spirit.

My name is Oluwalana Samuel Oluwatimilehin, I am a Builder, a Realtor and an Entrepreneur. Let's discuss what aspect of life can we all be of mutually benefits from one another that your mind can or has imagined?.. Comment below or send me a DM.🤝

#builder
#realestateagent
#viralreels
#businesssuccess
#entrepreneurship
Re: Work From Home Wahala by Okeatu(m): 3:10pm On Feb 27
Two months now waiting for an approval, I'm loosing it. I can't sleep nor eat. All my mind and focus is there.
Re: Work From Home Wahala by JayPeeOham: 3:11pm On Feb 27
PastorOlokonla:

Imagine the mindset of a "Pastor", typical of Nigerian Pastors though... SMH
Re: Work From Home Wahala by jojothaiv(m): 3:13pm On Feb 27
PastorOlokonla:

I want to go out to a regular office. Working at home for the past 3 years. I am always at home.
My suits and shoes just dey there. I don't drive my car as well. It just parks there.
Even all those fine office girl, i nor see anyone play with again.

Work from home na bastard walahi!
The thing called life.

While I want to retire from the busy office life and go hustle remotely.

Life again! I hail thee.
Re: Work From Home Wahala by goodman5(m): 3:25pm On Feb 27
This life no balance
Re: Work From Home Wahala by greypencils: 3:25pm On Feb 27
Been working from home for more than two years now. I swear it fukcks with your brain. The only plus is me getting to raise my kids myself and spend the most time with them. Otherwise, it's boring as hell. Evening strolls and weekend Jaye doesn't compare to working with one beautiful girl across the room. I like me some office sexual tension just like the OP. It's not like you are going to capitalise on it but let it just be there. It gives you an edge. Working from home will make you fully domesticated. Doing dishes? That's my thing now. You got too much time on your hands to not do the dishes.

3 Likes

Re: Work From Home Wahala by ffo(m): 3:30pm On Feb 27
PastorOlokonla:

resign from the job and look for a regular job and stop ranting
Re: Work From Home Wahala by exegesis: 3:32pm On Feb 27
Lol. You must be an extrovert. I've been working from home for five years now and I love it. Yeah, people call me anti-social ail but I don't care. They're not paying my bills. I make excuses whenever people want to visit or vice versa. Yep, it gets lonely sometimes but I enjoy my own company. Luckily, my husband works in another state and my kids are in boarding schools. The only time you see people in my house is if my husband is around or my gym days. We set up a gym in the house for us and our family friends for me to keep fit. I can stay a month at home without stepping out of my house. I order everything and it's brought to the house. My family friends always say I don't belong in Nigeria because I behave like white people. Lol. I actually thought there was something wrong with me because I count the days until my kids and husband will leave so I'd be alone. Took a psychological evaluation and they say I'm okay. I'm what they call a solitudinarian and I'm okay with it. To each their own, I guess.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Work From Home Wahala by smiley73(f): 3:36pm On Feb 27
Is the work that demanding? Well u just try to create time, if u really want to have a social life. Speaking about working from home, how can one get such work, I've tried and tried please u could show me how, here is my WhatsApp number 08036431894
Re: Work From Home Wahala by Evidenx(m): 3:36pm On Feb 27
PastorOlokonla:

where una dey see this work from home weh una dey do self? Make una show me way na abi na yahoo una dey do?
Re: Work From Home Wahala by segyoms: 3:38pm On Feb 27
If you are working from home please share link to people who are interested In that work space.
Re: Work From Home Wahala by PastorOlokonla: 4:08pm On Feb 27
greypencils:
Been working from home for more than two years now. I swear it fukcks with your brain. The only plus is me getting to raise my kids myself and spend the most time with them. Otherwise, it's boring as hell. Evening strolls and weekend Jaye doesn't compare to working with one beautiful girl across the room. I like me some office sexual tension just like the OP. It's not like you are going to capitalise on it but let it just be there. It gives you an edge. Working from home will make you fully domesticated. Doing dishes? That's my thing now. You got too much time on your hands to not do the dishes.

You 100% get my point. The next one year I will be done working from home and move on 100% to my own company with staff.
I am fully domesticated and wifey once asked if there is food to eat once whe she got back from work.
The kain bad eye wey I loom am enh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Work From Home Wahala by PastorOlokonla: 4:08pm On Feb 27
Evidenx:
where una dey see this work from home weh una dey do self? Make una show me way na abi na yahoo una dey do?

I worked the same company for 4 years before I opted to work from home.
Re: Work From Home Wahala by PastorOlokonla: 4:10pm On Feb 27
exegesis:
Lol. You must be an extrovert. I've been working from home for five years now and I love it. Yeah, people call me anti-social ail but I don't care. They're not paying my bills. I make excuses whenever people want to visit or vice versa. Yep, it gets lonely sometimes but I enjoy my own company. Luckily, my husband works in another state and my kids are in boarding schools. The only time you see people in my house is if my husband is around or my gym days. We set up a gym in the house for us and our family friends for me to keep fit. I can stay a month at home without stepping out of my house. I order everything and it's brought to the house. My family friends always say I don't belong in Nigeria because I behave like white people. Lol. I actually thought there was something wrong with me because I count the days until my kids and husband will leave so I'd be alone. Took a psychological evaluation and they say I'm okay. I'm what they call a solitudinarian and I'm okay with it. To each their own, I guess.

I set up a home gym as well and fully control my food intake and never weight.
Re: Work From Home Wahala by airsaylongcome: 4:10pm On Feb 27
We4all:
Attention seeker. If you are bored, then go and hire an office space except it's Yahoo you are into and wouldn't want people to know about.

E no easy laidat o. Some remote work close at 2am
Re: Work From Home Wahala by COMPAQ(m): 4:13pm On Feb 27
wisestman:
I suspect your remote job is online customer service where u wear headphones. If not, guy carry your laptop and choose any bar or lounge to work. Just buy soda or bottle water and be sipping while you work. Imagine opportunity people like me are looking for.

if you are single and you work from home permanently, you'll get tired of it. Except you want to use it as an opportunity to be faffing about, missing work and going out.

Its not healthy at all. I prefer the hybrid one I do where you do 3 days in the office and 2 at home. So I'm home from Friday to Monday.
In fact some days I aslo work from home on Thursday

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Work From Home Wahala by airsaylongcome: 4:15pm On Feb 27
greypencils:

Hehehehehe...u have said it all. I know all my neighbours movements grin

The ones wey dey carry akwuna wey go dey shout by 3am. I know.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Work From Home Wahala by airsaylongcome: 4:20pm On Feb 27
agentarcher:
Been working from home since 2019, and honestly, I don't see what you are complaining about. I still have a social life and do what I need to do. You are only suffering from misplaced priorities.

What are your work hours? I work 5pm to 2am in Winter. 4pm to 1am. I'm not complaining o, but sometimes it's bleeped up man. Day time you are mostly alone as everyone has gone to work. You go to the gym, na only you dey workout. Clubs or night events are completely out except on Saturday. But you must go church on Sunday. Again I'm not complaining but there are some challenges

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Are The Career Options For A Lawyer Migrating From Nigeria To Canada? / I Have Been Sacked But I Have N1.5m / Police Teargas Nigerdock Staff Over Protest Of Unpaid Salaries (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.