Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,858 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. (57378 Views)

Jpmorgan Will Let Consumers Pay With Their Face Or Palm Instead Of A Card (pic) / Free Energy Charger System No Need For Nepa Or Solar / Using Solar Panel As Ups Main Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Kingray10: 7:58am On Feb 18
Gadafii:
In Nigeria we provide our own light, security, jobs, sometimes fixed our own roads cos govt had abandoned it for years, I want to ask…. What exactly are we benefiting from govt as Nigerians ?
Absolutely nothing more than a useless currency like a user tissue paper.

4 Likes

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Kcxee(m): 8:57am On Feb 18
GerogeI:

This your claim get as I be.
Most times a 300 watt rated panel will give you 50 to 100w effective power. So your 10 panels will give you 500W to 1Kw instant power. That's 1 pass my neighbour generator at best. More often your effective power is about 700W. AC is at least 1 hp, solar chest freezer is 100w, inverter fridge is 200w. Plus lighting ,TV, fan etc. There is no way 10 solar panels can power everything in your house. You are either supplementing from grid or running your home appliances one at a time.

Do not give peeps false expectation. Your effective power will be 10 to 20% of your installed capacity.

Kindly understand OPs post, this are all devices made for inverters not the regular devices.

Meaning that when you buy according to OP specifications plan to change your appliances.

7 Likes

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by matify83: 9:37am On Feb 18
GerogeI:

This your claim get as I be.
Most times a 300 watt rated panel will give you 50 to 100w effective power. So your 10 panels will give you 500W to 1Kw instant power. That's 1 pass my neighbour generator at best. More often your effective power is about 700W. AC is at least 1 hp, solar chest freezer is 100w, inverter fridge is 200w. Plus lighting ,TV, fan etc. There is no way 10 solar panels can power everything in your house. You are either supplementing from grid or running your home appliances one at a time.

Do not give peeps false expectation. Your effective power will be 10 to 20% of your installed capacity.

I may not be an expert in the field of renewable energy and will not suddenly claim one.

I think you assertion of basing my utilizable energy on my input set-up is flawed. You didn't consider my stored energy pool in arriving at your hypothesis.

I pass my neighbour generator can never power a Phillips 1000w pressing iron but my array can conveniently carry it even when every other home appliance is running.

Experts in the field should help out in this matter.

11 Likes

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by matify83: 9:54am On Feb 18
Pedrocross4568:

You are missing the fact. The solar panels are used to power the batteries. The actual output is coming from the inverter. so the inverter is 3.5 kVA. all those home appliances you listed are powered by the the 3.5 kVA inverter.

What you should be worrying about is how long the power supply last, due to the fact he doesn't have enough solar panels to power the batteries and than again there is every possible that he still use grid to change the battery.

If I had seen you contribution, I wouldn't have bothered replying him.

To your worry. The truth is that I get a full charge (Float charge) even before 3pm on most days with the number of solar panels I have.

Between 11am and 2pm, my generated wattage is like 900 averagely with current as high as 55 to 59A.

My inverter can get so hot up to 45 degrees that I worry at times.

All these I can pick on the epever screen monitor.

But hey, it has been so for close to 6 years now and I have not burnt anything yet.

I am totally off grid 100%

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Curious346: 9:59am On Feb 18
You live in a rented apartment?
matify83:

To your worry. The truth is that I get a full charge even before 3pm from the amount of solar panels I have.

Between 11am and 2pm, my generated wattage is like 900 averagely with current as high as 55 to 59A.

But hey, it has been so for close to 6 years now and I have not burnt anything yet.

1 Like

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Truvelisback(m): 10:01am On Feb 18
duduade:

If you are in Lagos I can hook you up with my link
I'm in Lagos. Is Mtn Solar advisable to use?
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by matify83: 10:02am On Feb 18
Curious346:

Nope!

Moved into my home 6 years ago.

I vowed not to touch NEPA when I have my own house.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Emmanuel909090: 10:09am On Feb 18
Educative trend.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by matify83: 10:20am On Feb 18
For the doubting Thomas's

18 Likes

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by matify83: 10:23am On Feb 18
STAY TUNED

1 Like

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by matify83: 10:24am On Feb 18
For the doubting Thomas's.

The time on the inverter is 10:21am.

Input panel voltage is at 14 already (remember: it's a 12v system)

Input current from the panels is hovering around 41.95A and above.

6 Likes

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Truvelisback(m): 10:46am On Feb 18
matify83:

Nope!
Moved into my home 6 years ago.
I vowed not to touch NEPA when I have my own house.
Nice one.

11 Likes

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Ovii123(m): 11:10am On Feb 18
Suicideboy:
I use bike dynamo and bio gas digester
Please expanciate more on this sir?
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Pedrocross4568(m): 11:52am On Feb 18
matify83:

To your worry. The truth is that I get a full charge (Float charge) even before 3pm on most days with the number of solar panels I have.

Totally understood bro. Nice one.

Many people don't have a well detailed information about solar system.

Six years counting. This shows you are managing your equipment very well.

Cool Man.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Pedrocross4568(m): 11:56am On Feb 18
Curious346:

I wonder at your question.

Living in a rented apartment shouldn't be an issue with you having a solar system.

Why do so many people keep having this wrong assumption that, you can't have solar system while living in a rented house?

9 Likes

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by duduade: 12:29pm On Feb 18
Truvelisback:
I'm in Lagos. Is Mtn Solar advisable to use?

Yes...
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by epainos: 12:33pm On Feb 18
Most technicians do not configure solar systems well for users because they know that if they tell them the truth, they will run away. Most systems out there are overloaded and within 3 months, the inverter or battery is down. And people say that it is not worth it. Of course, illiteracy is what killed the user and dishonesty on the part of the installer is bad.

Try to do research and configure it yourself. If not, you will not enjoy it.

Good luck to everyone.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Greenfaces: 12:34pm On Feb 18
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. Considering the hike in Fuel and Nepa bill coupled with epileptic power supply in Naija. Now, guys using Solar energy instead of Nepa or Gen. How do you guys do it? What type do you use? How do you manage it? I'm thinking of using solar but i would like you to share your experience.
Anyways... I sell dc generators and locally made inverters. For electricians who want to know how to design this inverter. Send me a dm
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Cunnilingus(m): 12:34pm On Feb 18
matify83:
It's splendid!

I use a 3.5kva 12v kartel inverter and 4 220AH tubular batteries I connected in parallel to make 880AH.

I power virtually every thing in the house including an lg inverter AC for most of the afternoons , an lg inverter fridge/freezer and a bona solar chest freezer.

I've been fully off grid for going to 6 years by May and I don't have any regrets at all.

How many watts of Panel?
The installation was done DIY with little touch by my electrician.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by chelseamann(m): 12:36pm On Feb 18
Absolutely the best option..
Using mine ( no panels yet) so I depends on Nepa to charge my batteries and I must say it's worth every penny..

Been saving a lot of money on fuel

12 Likes

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Greenscientist: 12:38pm On Feb 18
The one we installed lasted only 8month.before the battery kpai.

Lack of expertise and mismanagement were a thing and i can also say the way we used it, we would have spent more if we want ti use Gen like that.

3 Likes

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by ogawisdom(m): 12:38pm On Feb 18
cool
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Rahkman: 12:38pm On Feb 18
Geovanni412:

You are still thinking

Whilst you are thinking, ask about the budget and put the money in dollars

Then conclude your investigation and continue

Anyway, if you are in the South East, I can link you up with the guy that installed our own

It is a heavy investment, for 3-bedroom apartment, you may need minimum of 3 million to run it

Duplex, you should be talking close to 10 million.
you mean install it
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by MyExpression(m): 12:40pm On Feb 18
Hugomatt
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Greenfaces: 12:40pm On Feb 18
If youre an electricians and want to learn how to build this inverter, send me a dm

1 Like

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Yxxx: 12:41pm On Feb 18
Goodmorning all,
Please I need a job. (Remote, hybrid, on site )
I have experience in administration, operations and sales.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by cletz991(m): 12:41pm On Feb 18
How much for your economy package
BRIGHTSOLAR:
Contact

Bright Energy
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Harddiskng(m): 12:42pm On Feb 18
Curious346:

Even if OP lived in a rented apartment does that mean he shouldn’t do an installation that would make him and his family live in comfort?

All the apartments I have rented, if it doesn’t come with 24/7 electricity, I must install atleast 1.5kva inverter.

Just dey play

10 Likes

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by westlius(m): 12:42pm On Feb 18
Pedrocross4568:

I wonder at your question.

Living in a rented apartment shouldn't be an issue with you having a solar system.

Why do so many people keep having this wrong assumption that, you can't have solar system while living in a rented house?
Most landlords would not allow u put 10 to 12 solar panels on there roof.
Others will increase there rent 120%

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by lanre316: 12:42pm On Feb 18
Gadafii:
In Nigeria we provide our own light, security, jobs, sometimes fixed our own roads cos govt had abandoned it for years, I want to ask…. What exactly are we benefiting from govt as Nigerians ?

Nothing, actually.

2 Likes

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by safarifarms(m): 12:42pm On Feb 18
The experience has been wonderful so far (since July or August last year) but I fear that the coming rainy season may not allow me to enjoy as much anymore unless I upgrade.

Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. Considering the hike in Fuel and Nepa bill coupled with epileptic power supply in Naija. Now, guys using Solar energy instead of Nepa or Gen. How do you guys do it? What type do you use? How do you manage it? I'm thinking of using solar but i would like you to share your experience.

3 Likes

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:43pm On Feb 18
Mine is tested and trusted

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed / Rare Mutant Two-Headed Rattlesnake Found In Arizona, US (Photos) / Meet The Southern Titan! Huge Dinosaur The Same Length As Basketball Court (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.