Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,365 members, 7,815,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Who Can Decode This Car Code For Me - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Who Can Decode This Car Code For Me (347 Views)

What's The Difference Between A Car Code Reader And A Scan Tool? / Help!! This Car Was Stolen In Onitsha This Morning (Photo) / Urgent: Need Someone Who Can Clear/fix Car Code In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Can Decode This Car Code For Me by Sirchiboy: 12:54pm On Feb 19
P1135
P0420
Re: Who Can Decode This Car Code For Me by Dcass(f): 12:59pm On Feb 19
Sirchiboy:
P1135 P0420
is there any gaps
Re: Who Can Decode This Car Code For Me by Sirchiboy: 1:01pm On Feb 19
Dcass:
is there any gaps
Different codes
Re: Who Can Decode This Car Code For Me by modskiller(m): 1:24pm On Feb 19
0420 is catalytic converters issue

1135 is Oxygen/Fuel ratio sensor I think. Not so sure though. Consult the experts.

Sirchiboy:
P1135
P0420
Re: Who Can Decode This Car Code For Me by scrabitems: 2:19pm On Feb 19
P0420

Error code P0420 indicates a problem with the efficiency of the catalytic converter in the exhaust system. This could be caused by issues such as a faulty catalytic converter, oxygen sensor, or exhaust leak.

Some potential solutions for addressing error code P0420 include:

1. Check the oxygen sensors: Inspect the upstream and downstream oxygen sensors to ensure they are functioning properly. Replace any sensors that are faulty.

2. Check for exhaust leaks: Inspect the exhaust system for leaks, particularly around the catalytic converter. Repair any leaks found.

3. Replace the catalytic converter: If the catalytic converter is determined to be faulty, it may need to be replaced. Ensure that the replacement meets the specifications for your vehicle.

4. Clear the error code: After addressing potential issues, clear the error code and observe if it returns. If the issue is resolved, the code should not reappear.

It's important to have the vehicle diagnosed by a qualified mechanic to determine the exact cause of the error code and to address any potential issues. Ignoring this issue may lead to increased emissions and poor engine performance.

P1135

The error code P1135 typically indicates a problem with the Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1). This sensor is located in the exhaust system in front of the catalytic converter. Here are a few potential causes and solutions for this error code:

1. Faulty Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor: The sensor may be malfunctioning and need replacement.

2. Wiring or Connector Issues: There could be wiring or connector problems leading to poor electrical connections. Inspect the wiring and connectors for any damage or corrosion.

3. Exhaust System Leaks: Leaks in the exhaust system can affect sensor performance. Check for any leaks and repair as necessary.

4. Vacuum Leaks: Vacuum leaks can affect sensor readings. Inspect the vacuum lines for any leaks and fix them.

5. Exhaust System Contamination: The sensor could be contaminated by oil or coolant. Inspect the sensor for contamination and clean or replace as needed.

It's important to have the vehicle inspected by a qualified mechanic to diagnose the exact cause of the error code. They can perform tests and checks to determine the specific issue and recommend the appropriate solution to resolve the P1135 error code. Ignoring this issue may lead to poor fuel economy and increased emissions.

(1) (Reply)

2010 Lexus ES350 For Sale / Get / Air Waybill And Bill Of Lading Demystified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.