Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,600 members, 7,840,424 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

What Advice Would You Give A 32 Year Old Jobless Graduate? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Advice Would You Give A 32 Year Old Jobless Graduate? (658 Views)

What Marriage Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self? / Marry A 32 Year Old Good Girl Or Look For A Younger Good Girl? / 32-year-old Ghanaian Virgin Seeks Divorce Over Husband’s Huge Manhood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Advice Would You Give A 32 Year Old Jobless Graduate? by Lakebib: 3:38pm On Feb 19
I've been broke for the greater part of my over 3 decades of existence on earth and its not for lack of trying. After serving my Oga for years without settlement, I tried out many businesses that failed due to lack for sufficient capital. As I aged swiftly, I decided to foray into education and managed to see myself through university since everything that I tried then didn't work out.

I finally managed to graduate at 30 with a statistics/computer science second class lower degree. It's been almost two years after graduation but I've been stagnant till now. No jobs have been forthcoming because I've been unable to collect my statement of result and exemption letter due to my inability to do my clearance because of paucity of funds.

I've been doing a remote job of posting on a website for 40k, I practically live from hand to mouth because the money barely lasts a week. I've dabbled into programming but fell off along the line due to a bad laptop without battery and inability to afford data. I used to write before the introduction of AI made getting jobs difficult. I design websites too with WordPress but gigs are scarce and far in-between. All attempts at freelancing with upwork and other freelancing platforms have proved abortive due to my inability to get clients, I ultimately had to abandon them after exhausting my free connects.

I'm aging rapidly and I am confused on what next to do at this point. I have some business ideas but getting capital has been a herculean task for me. I barely sleep every day as I keep thinking of ways to improve my condition. For a man of my age I still live in an apartment only befitting of an IDP, with only a slacked mattress to my name. Paying for the rent has been a constant struggle.

After exhausting all options on my table, I've decided to run to the intelligent folks here to please come to my aid, I need advice and ideas on how I can navigate through this troubled times. Please what advice can you give me?

5 Likes

Re: What Advice Would You Give A 32 Year Old Jobless Graduate? by Dcass(f): 3:51pm On Feb 19
hmmm it shall be well
Re: What Advice Would You Give A 32 Year Old Jobless Graduate? by Ance4Liverpool: 3:53pm On Feb 19
Go and learn a hand work there are some hands work you will learn withing the space of 1 or 2 years do it fast bcs i was once confused like u to the extent of regreting why i went to the university.

2 Likes

Re: What Advice Would You Give A 32 Year Old Jobless Graduate? by Blacklion3: 4:02pm On Feb 19
It's never too late to learn something.
Even if it's plumbing or aluminum
Re: What Advice Would You Give A 32 Year Old Jobless Graduate? by blackpanthar: 4:09pm On Feb 19
Lakebib:
I've been broke for the greater part of my over 3 decades of existence on earth and its not for lack of trying. After serving my Oga for years without settlement, I tried out many businesses that failed due to lack for sufficient capital. As I aged swiftly, I decided to foray into education and managed to see myself through university since everything that I tried then didn't work out.

I finally managed to graduate at 30 with a statistics/computer science second class lower degree. It's been almost two years after graduation but I've been stagnant till now. No jobs have been forthcoming because I've been unable to collect my statement of result and exemption letter due to my inability to do my clearance because of paucity of funds.

I've been doing a remote job of posting on a website for 40k, I practically live from hand to mouth because the money barely lasts a week. I've dabbled into programming but fell off along the line due to a bad laptop without battery and inability to afford data. I used to write before the introduction of AI made getting jobs difficult. I design websites too with WordPress but gigs are scarce and far in-between. All attempts at freelancing with upwork and other freelancing platforms have proved abortive due to my inability to get clients, I ultimately had to abandon them after exhausting my free connects.

I'm aging rapidly and I am confused on what next to do at this point. I have some business ideas but getting capital has been a herculean task for me. I barely sleep every day as I keep thinking of ways to improve my condition. For a man of my age I still live in an apartment only befitting of an IDP, with only a slacked mattress to my name. Paying for the rent has been a constant struggle.

After exhausting all options on my table, I've decided to run to the intelligent folks here to please come to my aid, I need advice and ideas on how I can navigate through this troubled times. Please what advice can you give me?

first, I want to commend you for NO GIVING UP and for believing you can still make it.

NEXT, I would like to ask... ARE YOU SPIRITUAL? or PRAYERFUL? have you made spiritual enquiries into your matter?

BECAUSE... you have skill, you have hand work, you have served... BUT NOTHING WORKS FOR YOU. EVERYTHING IS HARD OR ENDS IN DISSAPOINTMENT.

This is not normal, it may be generational and you don't know.

pls find a seer or someone spiritual to LOOK INTO IT.

next...............

GET A MENTOR... someone needs to HOLD YOUR HAND AND SHOW YOU THE WAY AND STAY WITH YOU TILL YOU MAKE IT. but first, clear yourself spiritually... because these may be the reasons for the strange dreams you have had and forgetting to even dream and the unstableness even in your relationships. let me not say much.

Pls consider all I have said o
I wish you well.

1 Like

Re: What Advice Would You Give A 32 Year Old Jobless Graduate? by Emmanuel30a: 4:16pm On Feb 19
Get a gun or look for machine guns...
Re: What Advice Would You Give A 32 Year Old Jobless Graduate? by Lakebib: 4:43pm On Feb 19
Ance4Liverpool:
Go and learn a hand work there are some hands work you will learn withing the space of 1 or 2 years do it fast bcs i was once confused like u to the extent of regreting why i went to the university.
Nice idea but there things involved, one they don't teach for free, two I have to feed and TP during the leading stage so it requires investment one way or the other.
Re: What Advice Would You Give A 32 Year Old Jobless Graduate? by being(m): 10:19pm On Feb 19
Trust God
Pay tithes as income comes in.
MAKE SURE you find a way of learning programming or graphics design or UIUX-- I mean u did CSC.. Find someone to give u old but working laptop. If it so bad u can't get around u, I'm sure if u beg for an old working laptop here on nairaland, someone will give u.
U also did Stats, u should be able to teach maths. Do home lessons to keep body and soul together while u learn a tech skill.

1 Like

Re: What Advice Would You Give A 32 Year Old Jobless Graduate? by northbird: 10:28pm On Feb 19
Lakebib:

Nice idea but there things involved, one they don't teach for free, two I have to feed and TP during the leading stage so it requires investment one way or the other.

Can you do what I tell you to do? If you do it,the next phase of your life will open up.
Re: What Advice Would You Give A 32 Year Old Jobless Graduate? by Skodrran(m): 11:52pm On Feb 19
👨‍💻
Re: What Advice Would You Give A 32 Year Old Jobless Graduate? by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:26am On Feb 20
Men Nigeria is one demonic hell. The country will just make you feel that you aren't trying at all cry cry

4 Likes

Re: What Advice Would You Give A 32 Year Old Jobless Graduate? by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:50am On Feb 20
blackpanthar:

first, I want to commend you for NO GIVING UP and for believing you can still make it.

NEXT, I would like to ask... ARE YOU SPIRITUAL? or PRAYERFUL? have you made spiritual enquiries into your matter?

BECAUSE... you have skill, you have hand work, you have served... BUT NOTHING WORKS FOR YOU. EVERYTHING IS HARD OR ENDS IN DISSAPOINTMENT.

next...............

GET A MENTOR... someone needs to HOLD YOUR HAND AND SHOW YOU THE WAY AND STAY WITH YOU TILL YOU MAKE IT. but first, clear yourself spiritually... because these may be the reasons for the strange dreams you have had and forgetting to even dream and the unstableness even in your relationships. let me not say much.

I wish you well.

You started well but quickly went the usual Nigerian way.

His problems are normal for every person who has a poor background and hails form/lives in a poor, 3rd world country.

There's nothing spiritual about his problems.

What he needs is a helper, not spiritual inquiries. prayers or prayer warriors, as millions of other Nigerian youths living in Nigeria are equally facing the same difficulties as he does.

Meanwhile, his only skill has been overtaken by AI and he has no handwork yet, as you wrongly quoted to support your spiritual inclination.

Take that guy to a better country now and see how he'll blossom from doing things as lowly as cleaning jobs.

You guys need to stop these spiritual nonsense stuffs

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Advice Would You Give A 32 Year Old Jobless Graduate? by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:56am On Feb 20
being:
Trust God
MAKE SURE you find a way of learning programming or graphics design or UIUX-- I mean u did CSC.. Find someone to give u old but working laptop. If it so bad u can't get around u, I'm sure if u beg for an old working laptop here on nairaland, someone will give u.
U also did Stats, u should be able to teach maths. Do home lessons to keep body and soul together while u learn a tech skill.

Someone who's been struggling to feed should pay tithes

Nawaoo!
Re: What Advice Would You Give A 32 Year Old Jobless Graduate? by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:57am On Feb 20
tensazangetsu20:
Men Nigeria is one demonic hell. The country will just make you feel that you aren't trying at all cry cry

That's just it.
Re: What Advice Would You Give A 32 Year Old Jobless Graduate? by Ance4Liverpool: 7:13am On Feb 20
Lakebib:

Look for your friends that has a reasonable hand work they will help u, it was a friend that thought me painting free
Re: What Advice Would You Give A 32 Year Old Jobless Graduate? by Nice2023(m): 7:42am On Feb 20
If u guys have a family land,go and meet ur family members to sell and give u ur share to start something.
Re: What Advice Would You Give A 32 Year Old Jobless Graduate? by sageb: 10:28am On Feb 20
being:
Trust God

@OP this is a good advice

1 Like

Re: What Advice Would You Give A 32 Year Old Jobless Graduate? by Lakebib: 1:17pm On Feb 20
being:
Trust God
I really appreciate your input, a functioning laptop would go a long way because I have a bit of time on my hands now but I don't really know who to ask.
Re: What Advice Would You Give A 32 Year Old Jobless Graduate? by Lakebib: 1:19pm On Feb 20
blackpanthar:

next...............

I wish you well.
Thanks for your contribution but my problem is not spiritual, I'm just a victim of circumstance, all I need is an opportunity or a piece of information to change my life, which is why I brought my case here, even 200k would make a great difference not a seer. Thanks once more.
Re: What Advice Would You Give A 32 Year Old Jobless Graduate? by Tobdek: 12:07pm On Feb 21
Lakebib:

I've been doing a remote job of posting on a website for 40k
Please I'll like to know more about this job. 40k/month will go a long way in my life as a broke student. cry
Re: What Advice Would You Give A 32 Year Old Jobless Graduate? by Tobdek: 12:07pm On Feb 21
Lakebib:

I've been doing a remote job of posting on a website for 40k
Please I'll like to know more about this job. 40k/month will go a long way in my life as a broke student.
Re: What Advice Would You Give A 32 Year Old Jobless Graduate? by SIXFEETUNDER: 5:40pm On Feb 21
Learn to code bobo

Re: What Advice Would You Give A 32 Year Old Jobless Graduate? by austine4real(m): 7:22pm On Feb 21
Start home lessons

Take a teaching job

Learn driving

Anything legitimate

Just do it.

You can start farming on a small scale.

Me like this I just need 50k to start my palm oil business

(1) (Reply)

House Hold Items For Sale / Parenting Tips / Sow A Seed And Be Blessed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.