Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

UNILORIN Expels 14 Students For Examination Malpractices, Others - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILORIN Expels 14 Students For Examination Malpractices, Others (9474 Views)

UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma / LAUTECH expels 45 students for involvement in examination malpractices (LIST) / OSPOLY Iree Expels 14 Student Leaders For Protesting (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILORIN Expels 14 Students For Examination Malpractices, Others by jiz: 10:09am On Feb 21
Say no to exam malpractice
Re: UNILORIN Expels 14 Students For Examination Malpractices, Others by 2shure: 10:09am On Feb 21
U.i and unilorin....very strict. I have one useless neighbour who suddenly came home since April last year till now. I suspect he was expelled..or couldn't pass his exams and got withdrawn from the university... when u tell them to read and face their books.they will be doing fashion and big boy and big gal ..using expensive phones on empty stomach...hahahahaha. shame of these fools

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN Expels 14 Students For Examination Malpractices, Others by iamtardey: 10:10am On Feb 21
How?
Re: UNILORIN Expels 14 Students For Examination Malpractices, Others by nairalanda1(m): 10:12am On Feb 21
SensualMan1:
Unilorin management headed by subjects of the Caliphate expelling 14 true accomodators.

The same subjects of the Caliphate in Ilorin threatened to pelt the Indegenous worshippers grin

Honestly Cowards will continue to play second fiddle in the land they accommodated tongue

So, you want a cheat to attend to you in your day to day life.

Abeg, stop justifying evil. That's how we always end up with bad government like this one. And why the caliphate is beset by bandits and boko. Too much pity

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Expels 14 Students For Examination Malpractices, Others by filleSouriante(f): 10:21am On Feb 21
haybhi1:
God. This is gross and gloomy. That school too strict.
How this cold act will affect these young folks remains best imagined. Dear mods, Seun, Dominique, Lalasticlala, nlfpmod, nlfpmods, please move to front page. It may be that it gets the coverage to reach someone that will raise a concern, which will see them get some respite, rather than this capital penalty. 1‐2 sessions suspension is a bit soothing.

7 finalists—such a crestfallen situation.

Hello there, Unilorin has rules and regulations that she upholds dearly, some of which are dress code, exam malpractice and general misconduct like fighting etc. You as a student of the school knows this already. So it's best not to engage in any at all. Bear in mind that those final year students might have committed the offence when they were in their previous levels. Unilorin takes her time to investigate every offence, most especially if it's a serious one before they take their decisions. When I was in year 1, I know of 2 people that were expelled in their final year for an offence they committed in their 300 level. The best thing is don't engage in it at all, and if you know you engaged in it, and you were caught, just go and start processing another admission somewhere else. Also, note that a lot of investigation and summoning went down the line before they finally expelled them. I know this because I had a friend that was expelled in 300L for an examination malpractice she committed in our 100L, they were always summoning her to the panel. Like I said earlier once you are being caught, and you got your first summon, just go for another JAMB but most of them wait and pray for a miracle which in 90% of the cases doesn't happen in Unilorin when it comes to some offence.

I hope I have been able to clear the air.

4 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Expels 14 Students For Examination Malpractices, Others by yollychika(f): 11:00am On Feb 21
na person wey dem catch be thief... some people don do much more fraudulent acts but still dey climb up the ladder of success!!!! thank God the road to success no dey tied to a particular route
Re: UNILORIN Expels 14 Students For Examination Malpractices, Others by tasalanoni(m): 11:02am On Feb 21
Big thief catch small thief. I don't support any group but the lecturers that expel students for exam malpractice are mostly involved in plagiarism. That's how they become professors and earn all the nonsense titles that translate to nothing.
If not, what's the explanation behind a lecturer publishing hundreds of research articles in science but doesn't have a single test tube not to mention a lab..
Where are these research journals cooked from??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN Expels 14 Students For Examination Malpractices, Others by aywagze(m): 11:12am On Feb 21
I love this school already ...indiscipline is what brought us to where we are today in the country ..🤔

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Expels 14 Students For Examination Malpractices, Others by Sirtee19: 11:13am On Feb 21
You are right. Unilorin is noted for high discipline. I was there in early 90s. It did not start from the era of Oba, high level of discipline has been even from the era of Oyinloye. Every university has peculiar disciplinary measures, anyone who can not abide by unilorin policies is free to choose other universities that may allow their shenanigans. GREAT UNILORITE, GREAT! 😝

NaijaGoBetter2:
For those expressing concerns about the severity of the punishment, it's important to note that this policy is not recent; it predates Professor Oloyede's tenure and possibly extends back to Oba. The strict stance on academic misconduct, including cheating during exams, has been clearly outlined in the handbook provided to and signed by every student. According to the established rule, any student caught cheating faces expulsion, commonly referred to as "Face Tanke."

This rule has been in place consistently, and those who find the punishment too stringent have the option to choose a different universities with milder consequences for similar infractions. It's essential to acknowledge that various schools in Nigeria have different disciplinary approaches, and individuals dissatisfied with Unilorin's strict policy on cheating expulsion are free to explore alternatives that align with their preferences.

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Expels 14 Students For Examination Malpractices, Others by kbir555: 11:14am On Feb 21
very sad
Re: UNILORIN Expels 14 Students For Examination Malpractices, Others by 6ixVille: 11:37am On Feb 21
Face Tankè. Unilorin don use dia money to plant flower
Re: UNILORIN Expels 14 Students For Examination Malpractices, Others by Freestar: 11:44am On Feb 21
nairalanda1:

I guess you would let a person that is a doctor that cheated his way to pass treat you.

Or a teacher that cheated his way to pass teach your kids

Or a lawyer that cheated his way to pass to handle your important case

Ok.o.

As e reach this one now, una mouth go dey sharp.

Aren't you the same ones allowing a "president" that cheated his way to the presidency to remain on as president?

Hypocritical preeks
Re: UNILORIN Expels 14 Students For Examination Malpractices, Others by nairalanda1(m): 11:45am On Feb 21
Freestar:

Aren't you the same ones allowing a "president" that cheated his way to the presidency to remain on as president?

Hypocritical preeks

Know how we got the corrupt ones to rule us?

People like you begging that we should pity them.

Good afternoon. I did not vote for tinubu, or any of his two contenders so your comment no concern me
Re: UNILORIN Expels 14 Students For Examination Malpractices, Others by danvon(m): 11:46am On Feb 21
Reminderz:

now you're mixing two things up... exam is ent instructors or lecturers, the problem will persist because not all are good in cramming... when you're good in sos time, you would still be able to do that thing...

Exams are a sign of discipline, determination and dedication which could make you a better worker.
Re: UNILORIN Expels 14 Students For Examination Malpractices, Others by Freestar: 11:51am On Feb 21
nairalanda1:

I guess you would let a person that is a doctor that cheated his way to pass treat you.

Ok.o.

Aren't you the same ones allowing, supporting, aiding and abetting a "president" that cheated his way to the presidency to remain on as president? What is the difference between that and these cases?

Hypocritical preeks
Re: UNILORIN Expels 14 Students For Examination Malpractices, Others by nairalanda1(m): 11:53am On Feb 21
Freestar:

Aren't you the same ones allowing, supporting, aiding and abetting a "president" that cheated his way to the presidency to remain on as president? What is the difference between that and these cases?

Hypocritical preeks

Okay, continue supporting evil.

You deserve the consequences.

I no vote tinubu, lp or pdp..a pox on their houses

(Fin).
Re: UNILORIN Expels 14 Students For Examination Malpractices, Others by bellosulaiman(m): 11:57am On Feb 21
Solitechworld:

https://punchng.com/unilorin-expels-14-for-examination-malpractices-others/%3famp

No be today Unilorin don dey expel students. As a matter of fact, I was having this conversation with someone couple of days ago. 500 level student ! God dey
Re: UNILORIN Expels 14 Students For Examination Malpractices, Others by Freestar: 12:02pm On Feb 21
nairalanda1:

Know how we got the corrupt ones to rule us?

People like you begging that we should pity them.

Good afternoon. I did not vote for tinubu, or any of his two contenders so your comment no concern me

Good afternoon to you too.

I haven't begged for, nor am I going to beg for the students. They deserve whatever punishment they have coming to them.

What I Am saying is that exhibiting alacrity to call a spade one, should not only happen when it suits us. I have observed instances where you make certain arguedments that end up being tantamount to making a case for Tinubu's ascendance to the presidency or his conduct in or handling of certain situations since his ascendancy.

Just as you have been quick to write these malpractice cases off, you need also to lose the ambivalence when discussing other issues of more overriding importance.

Thank you.
Re: UNILORIN Expels 14 Students For Examination Malpractices, Others by Sorrento: 12:03pm On Feb 21
2shure:
U.i and unilorin....very strict. I have one useless neighbour who suddenly came home since April last year till now. I suspect he was expelled..or couldn't pass his exams and got withdrawn from the university... when u tell them to read and face their books.they will be doing fashion and big boy and big gal ..using expensive phones on empty stomach...hahahahaha. shame of these fools
No be everything Dem dey use mock person, life no easy for most people alaye
Re: UNILORIN Expels 14 Students For Examination Malpractices, Others by Freestar: 12:05pm On Feb 21
nairalanda1:

Okay, continue supporting evil.

You deserve the consequences.

I no vote tinubu, lp or pdp..a pox on their houses

(Fin).

Lol. Na you know you and who dey support evil sha o.

If person commit crime, e suppose do the time. Everywhere and everyone. Not just students or petty criminals.
Re: UNILORIN Expels 14 Students For Examination Malpractices, Others by clockwisereport: 12:22pm On Feb 21
2shure:
Same here. A neighbour has been at home since Easter last year. I asked him. he said he has graduated.
I asked how come you graduated from nursing in two years. He said you can even graduate from nursing in one year - you just write all your exams and pass. dats all.

The lie just weak me.
Re: UNILORIN Expels 14 Students For Examination Malpractices, Others by Sorrento: 12:29pm On Feb 21
clockwisereport:
Same here. A neighbour has been at home since Easter last year. I asked him. he said he has graduated.
I asked how come you graduated from nursing in two years. He said you can even graduate from nursing in one year - you just write all your exams and pass. dats all.

The lie just weak me.
Get out of here!!!!!
You're happy ur fellow man is expelled, shame on u!!!!
Re: UNILORIN Expels 14 Students For Examination Malpractices, Others by clockwisereport: 12:37pm On Feb 21
Sorrento:

Get out of here!!!!!
You're happy ur fellow man is expelled, shame on u!!!!
I am too big to play with swine. f off
Re: UNILORIN Expels 14 Students For Examination Malpractices, Others by 2shure: 12:40pm On Feb 21
Why wont i mock them.i have ppl who graj from unilorin and they told me how it goes in their school.most of them are yahoo boys or get distracted .its always about fashion.....cult..yahoo
Sorrento:

No be everything Dem dey use mock person, life no easy for most people alaye
Re: UNILORIN Expels 14 Students For Examination Malpractices, Others by chidi2003(m): 12:49pm On Feb 21
EreluRoz:
I know they'll all be men, that lady there was mislead by a man to join them.

Men and cheating ehn, cheating on their woman ooo, cheating in exams ooo and all other forms of cheating you can think of.
Remember, you have a father, and brothers; are they guilty of your statement?
Re: UNILORIN Expels 14 Students For Examination Malpractices, Others by 2shure: 12:49pm On Feb 21
They should quickly go to uniben. Go faculty of science like biz administration.. pol science.....sociology..etc and block .no time.i met one idiot about 2years back at Bodiam in ibadan.a delta guy.we stayed in the same hostel when I was doing my clearance. I just stated taking weed then.so as this guy...he dey engine....he go dey smoke weed Ugandan for room.dey camp gal.dey play ps3..living the life.omo d guy got withdrawn from uniben..when exam reach.igbo no go let am read.na to dey play ps3..sleep.nack.i shook my head when I called his name at afebabalola where he dey do distant learning.i told him to read his books.he just snubbed me.i shook my head.i said his parents are wasting money.he still dey do him big boy..dey speak him stupid phonetics.
Re: UNILORIN Expels 14 Students For Examination Malpractices, Others by Irupetepete: 12:53pm On Feb 21
Face tanke
Re: UNILORIN Expels 14 Students For Examination Malpractices, Others by NobleSeed(m): 12:57pm On Feb 21
make we hear word abeg.
In as much as I condemned their wrongs,at least 2 years is enough.
Your past and present presidents and governors are all cut on the web of cheating and they are ruling you as we speak.
So just shut up.
nairalanda1:

Ok.o.

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Expels 14 Students For Examination Malpractices, Others by nairalanda1(m): 1:22pm On Feb 21
NobleSeed:
make we hear word abeg.
In as much as I condemned their wrongs,at least 2 years is enough.
Your past and present presidents and governors are all cut on the web of cheating and they are ruling you as we speak.
So just shut up.

People like you called for pity when those past leaders were small criminals. See where they are. And you want us to support the next batch?

Plus, I am no apc or pdp supporter

So keep your evil supporting mouth shut.
Re: UNILORIN Expels 14 Students For Examination Malpractices, Others by nairalanda1(m): 1:23pm On Feb 21
Freestar:

Lol. Na you know you and who dey support evil sha o.

If person commit crime, e suppose do the time. Everywhere and everyone. Not just students or petty criminals.

Keep supporting evil then.

As for me, wrong is wrong. Corrupt leaders or cheating student

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Girl Hospitalized With Cucumber Stuck In Her Vagina / Abeokuta Grammar School, Idi- Aba Abeokuta. / Apply For The Rhodes Scholarships For Low And Middle Income Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.