Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,891 members, 7,821,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

How To Add Rhyme In Poetry - Learn How You Can Add Rhyme To Your Poem - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How To Add Rhyme In Poetry - Learn How You Can Add Rhyme To Your Poem (88 Views)

Rhyme Children Story Writer / 10 Reasons Storytellers Should Dabble In Poetry / Plateau Massacre In Poetry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Add Rhyme In Poetry - Learn How You Can Add Rhyme To Your Poem by healthmister01(m): 1:40am On Feb 20
In much English poetry, lines are said to rhyme with each other; this really means that the last words of lines rhyme with each other. So a four line poem could have a rhyming pattern aaaa - which means that all four lines rhyme.
Read this stanza from a famous humorous poem by Lewis Carroll, You are old, Father William. What is it's rhyming pattern?

"In my youth,' said his father, 'I took to the law,

And argued each case with my wife;

And the muscular strength, which it gave to my jaw

Has lasted the rest of my life."
[/b][i][/i][b]

Two words are said to rhyme when they end with either the same vowel sound, or >>>to continue reading 👇 👇

https://www.essiebookblog.com.ng/2024/02/how-to-add-rhyme-in-poetry-learn-how.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Did You Know? / Make More Money Online / Literature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 4
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.