Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,306 members, 7,829,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Why Don't Nigerian Fashion Labels Mass Produce? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Why Don't Nigerian Fashion Labels Mass Produce? (1112 Views)

#NigeriaAt55: Evolution Of Nigerian Fashion Since 1960(photos) / 14-Year-Old Nigerian Fashion Designer Debuts In London & Florida / What Are The Current Nigerian Fashion Trends? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Don't Nigerian Fashion Labels Mass Produce? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 18, 2007
I've been crazy about fashion since I was a kid growing up and always dreamed of having my own label. The problem is I've never seen any Nigerian based label in our markets. I know there are hordes of them but why don't they mass produce? Foreign designers usually mass produce in Asia and a lot of them are of good quality. And these are the ones you see in our boutiques with ridiculous price tags while the are quite affordable in their home countries. Why can't we do the same? We all know how expensive Nigerian labels are. Most of the time they target the "high classed" in the society. And the products are not always of premium quality. We still depend on fabrics produced abroad (especially from Asia). We really need a revolution in the Nigerian Fashion Industry. What do you think?

(1) (Reply)

Where Can One Get Designer Jeans In Lagos / Does Anyone Know Where I Can Learn To Sew Naija Clothes In London? / o

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.