Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,942 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? (38967 Views)

My Tenant Was Burnt To Death / What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning / My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by DSS1335: 2:47pm On Feb 20
A very good young woman whom her husband abandoned last year lost her 1 year old child this morning. They jovial baby was very healthy on Sunday, by Monday morning, the baby was suffering from diarrhea and vomiting. According to the mum, she was prescribed pediatric antibiotic Amoxicillin along with antimalarial (Lonart susp), paracetamol syrup and Rophegan. I was alarmed on why she gave her child Rophegan 5ml, normally this antiemetic drug is not recommended for children under 2 years of age. Unfortunately this early morning the child was gasping for breath while crying loudly and died few hours later.

The issue now is that she is from far away east. She doesn't want to travel home. I have a very large space in my compound, and want to bury the child there. I consulted my kins, they objected it that I should never allow such to happen that it's against our tradition. That a child should be buried in his father's home or public cemetery. This tenant have already made up her mind to Park out few months after her rent expires due to the scandals of separating from her husband. Should I go ahead and allow her or alternatively raise funds for her to travel to the east to bury the child there. Though she isn't forthcoming with my alternative.

N/B
I am of Rivers state, Ikwerre to be precise, the lady from Umuahia

Update:
The mother of the lady came late in the afternoon from Abia state and pleaded I should allow them bury the baby in my compound. After considering some notable advice from here coupled with the warning from my kinsmen, I declined. The lady's mother contacted their branch pastor and they made arrangements to bury her in a place provided by their church. Later this evening the woman came back insulting my family that we are very wicked for not allowing their baby to be buried in my compound.
If not for the sympathy I had for the mother mourning her loss, I would have lost my cool.
This was the same woman responsible for the breakdown of her daughter's marriage. After marriage, she came to live with the new couple who parked into my apartment newly. Instigating her daughter against her husband. Using her daughter as a proxy to siphon off her husband's wealth, a Dubai-based businessman. Controlling the man forcefully, preventing him from socializing with others because of her insecurity complexes. The last straw that broke the marriage was when the lady and her mother teamed up to lock the husband indoors for 4 days and transferred all his money to the wife's account. That whenever he needs his own money, he should tell the wife. In short, the marriage broke down irreconcilably and the husband relocated to another state and never came back, he was neither interested in the child that was born 3 months after nor care to inquire about their wellbeing

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Wawelexy(m): 2:49pm On Feb 20
Raise funds for her please... Burying that child in your compound might have consequences that may not favour you...

271 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Frigga13: 3:06pm On Feb 20
Please raise funds for her... she can do that in open cemetery

Don’t bury for your compound.. you sef .. you nor get reasoning?

Abi you Dey Nyash her?

363 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by henrimoto(m): 3:17pm On Feb 20
...Umuahia is not far away east from ikwerre, ph.

Sorry about the loss of your neighbors/tenant's baby. No custom/tradition mandates the woman to go bury her late baby in her village.

She can make use of the public cemetery.

135 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Chully01(f): 3:24pm On Feb 20
Don't try it.
You will give birth to that child if you do

54 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by LilMissFavvy(f): 3:27pm On Feb 20
Don't allow her bury the child in your house. The cemetery is a better option.

89 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by eddynaira125: 3:34pm On Feb 20
Felt pity

Raise fund for her, direct the lady to a close cemetery

This is painful

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by TheWinterBird(f): 3:36pm On Feb 20
She couldn't take the child to the hospital to get her proper treatment and now she doesn't want to take her to a public cemetary or her father's home to bury her properly? She must be a very useless somebody with her nonchalantness. She has no business burying the child in your compound, so of course you shouldn't allow it.

Her family (parents, siblings, etc), the child's father or the father's family (his parents, siblings, etc), none of them can help her with taking the body to the appropriate burial site? Are they even aware that the child is deceased? If they come looking for the child, you would have some explaining to do on why you allowed her to bury the child in your compound. You don't bury someone in secret, so better ask her to involve these people now and then let them sort it out by taking the body to the appropriate burial location, but allowing her to bury the child in your compound should be a no-no. That she had the audacity to ask that and that you yourself are considering it is baffling.

115 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Atk1nson(m): 3:48pm On Feb 20
Nigeria is in a mess, how can a child die in at home, with the parent self-medicating. What happen to the hospitals in the country?

In a normal country, this should lead to national self-reflection with an inquiry as to why the baby was not taken to the hospital.

I really feel sorry for the lady having to lose a baby under circumstances that are likely avoidable.

Hopefully, nigerians will one day realise their enemy is not the person of other tribe or religion but the politicians who are eating away their destiny and even their chidrens destiny.

We had a president who for 8 years got treatment in the UK, whilst doctors were often on strike and relocating enmass. Now the country has another one who gets treatment in france, while the population is left with subpar hospital facilities that are sarce and unaffordable for many

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by illicit(m): 3:55pm On Feb 20
She can try cremation

5 Likes

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by mariahAngel(f): 3:57pm On Feb 20
Unfortunately this early morning the child was gasping for breath while crying loudly and died few hours later.

Why wasn't the child rushed to a hospital? At least to try to save the baby's life.
The poor baby died due to carelessness, and drug overdose. 😩😩

28 Likes

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Mcreloaded(m): 4:17pm On Feb 20
Customs I know allows burying in the Bush.
Tell her to go and burry the cchild in the bush.

If you must know, it is allowed and normal to burry any adult in the Bush if he or she does not have a child.

Don't be surprised later she or neighbours or even the husband will claim you and the lady murdered the child.

Burry the baby in the Bush and that's final.
It's what's obtainable in my place where I come from.
Haha na child you want transport go another state, OP I come dey reason your matter sha. Hope you are not having something to do with the woman or death of the child , this one you have anal the drugs as if you are a pharmacist

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Divystores: 4:19pm On Feb 20
This is so sad . . .
Firstly, what was the mother thinking, for her to be so careless but at the same time, I don't want to blame her....

She's going through emotional issues.
But then again, excuses shouldn't be made for her.... Being responsible is a must at all cost

Please, raise funds for her ooo.

3 Likes

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Capernum: 5:09pm On Feb 20
Ha
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Wizdom0091: 5:09pm On Feb 20
While I feel sympathetic on the plight of the mom but on you Op I would have expected a better reasoning from you, should that Child be buried on your compound that will be the beginning of your woes.

I'm not sure you built the house she occupy as tenant neither do I believe you bought the land with your own money because there is not way you will buy the land and have a reasoning for the mother to Bury her death in the compound

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Purvan(m): 5:19pm On Feb 20
Bury that child

Nothing will happen

You peeps watch way too much Nollywood

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Erums(m): 5:22pm On Feb 20
What kind of reasoning is this ...OP...be careful

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by We4all: 6:22pm On Feb 20
I don't want to believe that you're even considering something like that. Unless you're the biological father of that child, I don't see why you should even be concerned about the baby's place of burial.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Maks27: 6:59pm On Feb 20
Seun
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by jmoore(m): 7:17pm On Feb 20
You are considering to mine the skull after burial.

7 Likes

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by APOPTOSIS: 7:39pm On Feb 20
DSS1335:
A very good young woman whom her husband abandoned last year lost her 1 year old child this morning. They jovial baby was very healthy on Sunday, by Monday morning, the baby was suffering from diarrhea and vomiting. According to the mum, she was prescribed pediatric antibiotic Amoxicillin along with antimalarial (Lonart susp), paracetamol syrup and Rophegan. I was alarmed on why she gave her child Rophegan 5ml, normally this antiemetic drug is not recommended for children under 2 years of age. Unfortunately this early morning the child was gasping for breath while crying loudly and died few hours later.

The issue now is that she is from far away east. She doesn't want to travel home. I have a very large space in my compound, and want to bury the child there. I consulted my kins, they objected it that I should never allow such to happen that it's against our tradition. That a child should be buried in his father's home or public cemetery. This tenant have already made up her mind to Park out few months after her rent expires due to the scandals of separating from her husband. Should I go ahead and allow her or alternatively raise funds for her to travel to the east to bury the child there. Though she is isn't forthcoming with my alternative.

N/B
I am of Rivers state, Ikwerre to be precise, the lady from Umuahia
This your Topic can't hold water because it requires immediate decision and decisive action.
It's highly unfortunate, but swiftly ask her to take her baby to wherever she would want to bury her.
The POLICE CASE that stuff will create in your community is still doing rehearsals.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by kekakuz(m): 7:50pm On Feb 20
If not that I don't know you, I would give you a dirty slap,why are u saying like that?
Land don finish for cemetery ? When the father comeback and claim ritual, what will you do? You should be smarter than this

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by JulianBond007: 7:52pm On Feb 20
Allow her bury the child in your compound. She's just a child for crying out loud. I lost a child years back and he was buried in the house of the doctor who certified him dead. This was about 13yrs ago.
Please allow her bury her child. cry cry
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Mom007(f): 8:56pm On Feb 20
Let her go and report it at the police station first o, or you fo if you don't want trouble...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by safarifarms(m): 8:58pm On Feb 20
I'm not sure what implications may arise but the idea sounds so odd. I would suggest she uses the cemetery if she doesn't want to travel.

1 Like

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Chummynoni(m): 9:39pm On Feb 20
Really? How is it possible to allow a tenant bury a child at your house? Do you want to turn your house to cementary? If that your tenant wants to leave your house in future, will she exhume the corpse?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:07pm On Feb 20
No,
Thats not done!

Na wa for some kind question for dis side o.....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by oluseyiforjesus(m): 10:10pm On Feb 20
No
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Reelmii: 10:10pm On Feb 20
No..even though i did not read the story....i cant read such

But from the topic..the answer is NO

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by flokii: 10:10pm On Feb 20
No please.. let them get a space at a burial ground.
They are tenants, not your blood relatives. Don't ever allow such.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos / Cost Of Rent Around Abuja|Co-tenant / 3-Storey Building Collapses In Kakawa Street, Lagos Island (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.