Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,407 members, 7,850,451 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:36 PM

UNIZIK: Let's Pool $1bn And Help People, Bussinesman Tasks Anambra Billionaires - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIZIK: Let's Pool $1bn And Help People, Bussinesman Tasks Anambra Billionaires (498 Views)

Talented Nigerian Girl Beats 49,900 Contestants From 170 Countries To Win $1bn / 16-year-old Nigerian Emerges One Of 100 Global Winners In $1bn Rise Innitiative / UNIBEN Fresh Graduate, TJ Drowns In Swimming Pool (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNIZIK: Let's Pool $1bn And Help People, Bussinesman Tasks Anambra Billionaires by TonyRazor(m): 3:14pm On Feb 21
UNIZIK: Let's pool $1bn and help people, bussinesman tasks Anambra billionaires

A philanthropist and business mogul, Ikenna Okafor, has called on billionaires in Anambra State to pool resources to build investments that will guarantee generational wealth for indigent people in the state.

Okafor, the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Keves Global Leasing Limited - an oil and gas servicing company - made the call on Wednesday at Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka, Anambra State where he was conferred with an honorary doctorate degree of Doctor of Entrepreneurial Innovation by the university.

He asked 1,000 billionaires in the state to join him in setting aside $1million each to create investments in the state that will guarantee jobs and wealth for indigenes of the state.

He called on people to shun ostentatious lifestyle at a time like this and conserve resources to help the less privilege in society.

He said, “Anambra is blessed with many billionaires; we have been using our money in places they are not felt, but there are things we will do and it will never be forgotten.

“I want to challenge 1,000 Anambra billionaires to bring $1million each to invest in things that will bring about generational wealth for our people. Let’s not waste our money in drinking champagne alone. I will champion such cause.

Earlier, the Chancellor of the university, Da Jacob Gyang Buba, the Gbong Gwom Jos, who had declared open the special convocation for the award of the honorary degree, congratulated the awardee, adding " This honour by this university of all times is a call to even do more.
" I also seize this opportunity to urge the Vice Chancellor to keep up with the admirable tempo of his administration as his tenure winds down and equally to enjoin the university community to continue to give him the commendable cooperation."

Vice Chancellor of the university, Prof Charles Esimone, stated that the choice of Ikenna Okafor for the award was because of his numerous philanthropic gestures, especially in the area of education where he had supported primary, secondary and tertiary institutions with infrastructure .

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK: Let's Pool $1bn And Help People, Bussinesman Tasks Anambra Billionaires by papyjaypaul: 6:36pm On Feb 21
This is a good effort but Nigerians must have sense. You cannot keep excusing the government and their officials from doing their jobs. You will raise this money and these guys will tax you and you will keep gofundme. Which kind of logic is that? Hold your leaders accountable. THERE can't be 2 govts in power

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK: Let's Pool $1bn And Help People, Bussinesman Tasks Anambra Billionaires by Depriest2020: 6:38pm On Feb 21
A wise son of Anambra state. I pray his brothers listen to him.

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK: Let's Pool $1bn And Help People, Bussinesman Tasks Anambra Billionaires by Benwallt(m): 7:38pm On Feb 21
You mean "pull"

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK: Let's Pool $1bn And Help People, Bussinesman Tasks Anambra Billionaires by Gadafii: 8:58pm On Feb 21
Benwallt:
You mean "pull"
pool like in pool of water, but this time around pool of money, do you get it now?
Re: UNIZIK: Let's Pool $1bn And Help People, Bussinesman Tasks Anambra Billionaires by Benwallt(m): 9:40pm On Feb 21
Gadafii:
pool like in pool of water, but this time around pool of money, do you get it now?

Yes, I do.
Very well in order
Re: UNIZIK: Let's Pool $1bn And Help People, Bussinesman Tasks Anambra Billionaires by willi926(m): 10:40pm On Feb 21
This is y I love my tribe. We dey help each other in human development

(1) (Reply)

Download Kaplan_gmat_2007.iso / Any Info On Oau Admissn List & Resumptn Date / Unibuja Newly Admitted Statistics Students, Let Us Discuss.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.