Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Easy Japa Idea For Street Smart And Rugged Nigerians - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Easy Japa Idea For Street Smart And Rugged Nigerians (2762 Views)

Best African Countries For Street Hustle / To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) / 5 Most Rugged States In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Easy Japa Idea For Street Smart And Rugged Nigerians by Opinedecandid(m): 8:50am On Feb 23
pansophist:

Exactly. But Nigerians just want to live with white people. I left naija as a teenager when japa was not a thing back then to the West.

But it wasn't because I want to live with white people, it was just circumstances. I didn't even made the choice of choosing the west, na my papa push me go there.

If I went to Brazil and have a good life back then, I'll also love it equally.

Funny enough, West don tire me, and I'll leave it within the next few years to some middle income country like SA or Thailand or Brasil. Life is way simpler and better there in my view.

This is eye-popping.
Why is west tiring for you?
Enjoy the safety there and the abundance of oppprtunities.

Is it the tax?
Re: Easy Japa Idea For Street Smart And Rugged Nigerians by pansophist(m): 8:53am On Feb 23
Gerrard59:

That should be fellow ECOWAS countries. The rest of the continent requires foreigners to have a residency permit as embassies will request for that before attending to your applications. Nigerians who had difficulties obtaining student visas to Germany in Nigeria experienced the same when they went to Ghana, Togo, and Gambia to apply from there. Those are ECOWAS countries, how much more are those in Southern Africa?

I won't lie, though; having just a Nigerian passport in this day and age is quite restrictive, especially if one has global ambitions (career, business, and leisure).

All the 27 countries that Nigerians don't need a visa to combined have a smaller economy than Belgium, a country Niger state is bigger than twice. Imagine that.

Nigerians have to come to realize the sad fact that they've been locked out of the world, a price to pay when a nation allows itself to rot away.

While we are busy fighting for APC tickets and renewed hope, the world is moving forward and defining the rules of the game.

Even the so-called leaders suffer from this. Dangote will all his wealth still complains of visa problems, while Yemi Alade is denied. These are elite Nigerians, who talk more of the common man.

In the 21st century, your nationality now triumphs over your ethnicity. No one cares about your race anymore, but your country of origin.

When I travel to far places like central Asia, people always assume I'm an American. They would be shocked that an African can come there. Some would guess British, or Brazil.

So many don't even associate being black with being African unless maybe you dress like Osuofia. Nationality now triumphs over ethnicity. If a Nigerian passport is the only nationality you have, then it is sad to say, life has played you unfair

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Easy Japa Idea For Street Smart And Rugged Nigerians by pansophist(m): 9:05am On Feb 23
Opinedecandid:

This is eye-popping.
Why is west tiring for you?
Enjoy the safety there and the abundance of oppprtunities.

Is it the tax?

Life is way easier elsewhere. Slowly paced, with good food, sunlight, and freedom. Less desire to be something. Where men are men and women are women. Where food tastes good and is not heavily engineered.

To feel like the default. I don't like the feeling of being the only black guy or one of the few black guys everywhere I go. I hate the feeling that if a girl refuses to go out with me, or a landlord refuses to rent me a house, I'll wonder if it's because of my race.

Where most people like me are doing dirty jobs, and where it's too individualistic. I can go the whole week without talking to someone except on the phone. The reason is plenty. I don't like such a life.

There is no freedom here. You said I'm free but if I call a trans motherforker an idiot, or criticize Israel, you call it hate speech and can lock me, but if I say Russians should die, then it's freedom of speech? Make it make sense.

Matter plenty, but I'll just stop here. The world is a huge place. I don't limit good life to. the West. You can get it anywhere. But I admit, I appreciate the opportunity it gives being a citizen. It's freedom.

There is no place on earth that I can't enter, but to live here permanently? Of course not.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Easy Japa Idea For Street Smart And Rugged Nigerians by kheny12(m): 10:02am On Feb 23
pansophist:

You're the one that will do the research. I can't do it for you.
which country are you in right now.As a Nigerian which country is better to go in terms of work between Canada and Australia.
Re: Easy Japa Idea For Street Smart And Rugged Nigerians by pansophist(m): 10:09am On Feb 23
kheny12:
Nigerian which country is better to go in terms of work between Canada and Australia.

Australia. Canada is like UK. It's crashing.

2 Likes

Re: Easy Japa Idea For Street Smart And Rugged Nigerians by kheny12(m): 10:32am On Feb 23
pansophist:

Australia. Canada is like UK. It's crashing.
ok bro, thanks
Re: Easy Japa Idea For Street Smart And Rugged Nigerians by Opinedecandid(m): 1:39pm On Feb 23
pansophist:

Life is way easier elsewhere. Slowly paced, with good food, sunlight, and freedom. Less desire to be something. Where men are men and women are women. Where food tastes good and is not heavily engineered.

To feel like the default. I don't like the feeling of being the only black guy or one of the few black guys everywhere I go. I hate the feeling that if a girl refuses to go out with me, or a landlord refuses to rent me a house, I'll wonder if it's because of my race.

Where most people like me are doing dirty jobs, and where it's too individualistic. I can go the whole week without talking to someone except on the phone. The reason is plenty. I don't like such a life.

There is no freedom here. You said I'm free but if I call a trans motherforker an idiot, or criticize Israel, you call it hate speech and can lock me, but if I say Russians should die, then it's freedom of speech? Make it make sense.

Matter plenty, but I'll just stop here. The world is a huge place. I don't limit good life to. the West. You can get it anywhere. But I admit, I appreciate the opportunity it gives being a citizen. It's freedom.

There is no place on earth that I can't enter, but to live here permanently? Of course not.

Almost a mental reset for me.
Im spèechless.
Re: Easy Japa Idea For Street Smart And Rugged Nigerians by Gerrard59(m): 6:28pm On Feb 23
pansophist:

Exactly. But Nigerians just want to live with white people. I left naija as a teenager when japa was not a thing back then to the West.

But it wasn't because I want to live with white people, it was just circumstances. I didn't even made the choice of choosing the west, na my papa push me go there.

If I went to Brazil and have a good life back then, I'll also love it equally. Funny enough, West don tire me, and I'll leave it within the next few years to some middle income country like SA or Thailand or Brasil. Life is way simpler and better there in my view.

I understand your points, but my issues with such places are safety and rule of law. I adore a rule-based society where inhabitants obey the rules (legal and social), which corresponds to a safe place to reside. There aren't many such places these days, and very few exist in the West. Indian elites complain about how they cannot wear Rolexes in the streets of London. But such cannot happen in Singapore or Tokyo. However, the latter two have few black people compared to London. For that reason, I would rather live in those Asian cities over London.

But Thailand is good tho and safer compared to anywhere in SA and Brazil.

Sha, humans are different. My boring lifestyle aligns with a safe place.

4 Likes

Re: Easy Japa Idea For Street Smart And Rugged Nigerians by pansophist(m): 9:44pm On Feb 23
Gerrard59:

I understand your points, but my issues with such places are safety and rule of law. I adore a rule-based society where inhabitants obey the rules (legal and social), which corresponds to a safe place to reside. There aren't many such places these days, and very few exist in the West. Indian elites complain about how they cannot wear Rolexes in the streets of London. But such cannot happen in Singapore or Tokyo. However, the latter two have few black people compared to London. For that reason, I would rather live in those Asian cities over London.

But Thailand is good tho and safer compared to anywhere in SA and Brazil.

Sha, humans are different. My boring lifestyle aligns with a safe place.

I agree with you. Just like you, I like orderliness, structure, civility, and when the public has a sense of their civil responsibilities.

I remember far years back, I would see white people just picking up trash someone threw recklessly on the street (e.g., an empty can of beer), then dispose of it when they find a dustbin. I would wonder if they were mad.

But I find myself doing the same thing. That's civil responsibility. Everyone plays their part in making society a clean and healthy place for all.

Where the police are your friend, the lawyer, doctor, and civil servants, are honest, do their job well, and have a sense of integrity. A society where their character is everything, and they do everything to protect it.

Where instead of lying, they would be silent. Where they recognize your need for respect, dignity, and autonomy, and do everything to preserve it.

The idea that it is someone else who has to do the right thing but not you is a dead-end. The problem with that thinking is that everyone also thinks the same. That you can be corrupt, but expect others to be upright. Such a society will crumble.

Even if I move to a place like Brazil, for example, I will probably live in the village. I know peace. I love peace. Peace is boring if one does not have a good relationship with himself.

To enjoy these kinds of societies, one has to evolve healthily, then life will be good.

6 Likes

Re: Easy Japa Idea For Street Smart And Rugged Nigerians by peleson1: 8:11am On Feb 24
Irupetepete:
pls give me list of good African countries I can migrate to... I get like 2 lucrative handwork
Going with your option 2
Kindly share ur handwork so we can properly advice n also learn from u
Re: Easy Japa Idea For Street Smart And Rugged Nigerians by Irupetepete: 12:10pm On Feb 24
peleson1:

Kindly share ur handwork so we can properly advice n also learn from u
I am a fabricator, a barber and I have culinary skills
Re: Easy Japa Idea For Street Smart And Rugged Nigerians by Yomkris(m): 2:14pm On Feb 24
austino677:
Hi, nice suggestion on Namibia.. I don't think it's a bad idea to move to the west at age 37/38yrs although everyone have different views of life.. I want to ask which African countries can you suggest one to move based on quality of life and basic infrastructures like 24/7 power and good roads.. Merci

have you ever considered Cote D'Ivoire in your research.
I'm presently there and you must have heard alot from the reporters that covers the just concluded Afcon. check my signature for more info

1 Like

Re: Easy Japa Idea For Street Smart And Rugged Nigerians by austino677(m): 3:15pm On Feb 24
Yomkris:

have you ever considered Cote D'Ivoire in your research.
I'm presently there and you must have heard alot from the reporters that covers the just concluded Afcon. check my signature for more info
yeah côté d'ivoire is progressing..
Re: Easy Japa Idea For Street Smart And Rugged Nigerians by peleson1: 3:52pm On Feb 24
Irupetepete:
I am a fabricator, a barber and I have culinary skills

U are a welder?
Can u weld a pipe ?
Re: Easy Japa Idea For Street Smart And Rugged Nigerians by Irupetepete: 5:38pm On Feb 24
peleson1:

U are a welder?
Can u weld a pipe ?
well, there is a diff between a fabricator and a Welder...
I can weld pipes, underwater welding, tig welding, mig welding smaw welding arc welding...
A fabricator can do all the works of a Welder but a Welder can't do most of what a fabricator can do...
A fabricator integrates technology into his stuffs

1 Like

Re: Easy Japa Idea For Street Smart And Rugged Nigerians by peleson1: 11:17pm On Feb 24
Irupetepete:
well, there is a diff between a fabricator and a Welder...
I can weld pipes, underwater welding, tig welding, mig welding smaw welding arc welding...
A fabricator can do all the works of a Welder but a Welder can't do most of what a fabricator can do...
A fabricator integrates technology into his stuffs

Ok,that means u can be an instructor .

How many years experience do u v?
Where did u learn all these ?

I can only weld ISO 111

Smaw which I think is same as stick weld.
Can weld pipes too but with stick.

I'm ok with fillet,butt and pipe but stick weld
Re: Easy Japa Idea For Street Smart And Rugged Nigerians by Opinedecandid(m): 5:19am On Mar 06
pansophist:

I understand you.
Different strokes for different folks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Direction From Abeokuta To Akure Needed / How Is Life In Argentina, Peru And Ecuador. / Take A Look At Famous International Borders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.