Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,638 members, 7,955,323 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:45 PM

Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge - Family (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge (80992 Views)

Best Gifts For Your Family Under $150 / Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge / Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by ronkebp(f): 3:58pm On Dec 07, 2011
God is good, i was just comparing Mr Obuh of now with the Mr Obuh of then, God be praised. The God of Isaac is really our Provider.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by OAM4J: 4:23pm On Dec 07, 2011
The Final list of contributions from Paypal.

Thank you all for your contributions.

God bless you all.

Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 07, 2011
Just wonderful wonderful wonderful!! The pictures of the shop and Mr.Obuh and Ifyalways are great! I wish the Obuhs the best of luck!
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Radiant(f): 1:10am On Dec 08, 2011
Wow wow wow!!! This is a story that they'll tell generations to come. Thank you all so very much for your selfless efforts.

Funny enough I was thinking about this family. How they lived under the bridge for 2 years and people passed them by for a whole 2 years and nobody did anything to help them? Even the Govt? Quite shameful. Thanks to the media who brought this to light and more thanks to NLders who have shown this family love, love and more love.
Big thanks to r231, OAM4J, Ifyalways, OlowoTee, Jarus, Yamakuza. You all are great. Ify, you're amazingly great. Thank you so much.

On a lighter note, see as Mr Obuh deh shine o. The swagger no easy men grin So happy for them. Such a relief and new life. grin
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by DualCore1: 2:31pm On Dec 08, 2011
Well done guys.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by AjanleKoko: 3:00pm On Dec 08, 2011
Great stuff.
I think Mr Ibuh should be sponsored on some of those entrepreneurship workshops.
Now that he's on his feet, he needs to build a network of sorts. Dunno if anybody has any suggestions?
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by yamakuza: 4:20pm On Dec 08, 2011
^ he seriously needs it.

Maybe something from Fate Foundation?

Unfortunately, distance and time are not on his side, as he's the one manning the store.

Unless someone knows a weekend program near him, ikeja perhaps?
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by AjanleKoko: 5:02pm On Dec 08, 2011
yamakuza:

^ he seriously needs it.

Maybe something from Fate Foundation?

Unfortunately, distance and time are not on his side, as he's the one manning the store.

Unless someone knows a weekend program near him, ikeja perhaps?

Ikeja is kuku the home to all manner of trainings.
As this is Nairaland, I was thinking/hoping someone could volunteer him a free slot?
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by pslm23(f): 9:37pm On Dec 15, 2011
Any recent update?
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Analytical(m): 9:16am On Dec 16, 2011
I was off Nairaland for some couple of weeks and all these happened!!!!! What can I say? The project crew has been wonderful. May the Lord repay your labour of love all. Hmmm, there is hope for us, with this milk of kindness that flowed here. I am really humbled. God bless y'all.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 16, 2011
Awwwww . . . . .

You know I don't usually contribute to things like this . . . but now I'm kind of wishing I did! embarassed embarassed

Anyways, Thanks to all who did . . . may God repay you guys abundantly!
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 16, 2011
This is amazing!!! Nairaland is such a family though with different colors like that of a rainbow. Please can somemone post the naija account nos here so i can contribute as well ( the page is quite long and i dont know which page the account no might have been posted)!! There is hope for a better tomorrow,
One Love!!
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by ifyalways(f): 2:52pm On Dec 20, 2011
Its been close to 2 weeks that I neither visited nor checked on the Obuhs personally though I've had people checking on them.

I'm driving down to their shop as I type and ofcourse not empty handed.We decided to boost their sales this season by getting them whats in vogue now for sales. . .so we got them xmass hats,kiddies wristwatch,games,kiddies BB,eyeglasses,knock outs,water gun etc.15K was made avaialable yesterday by Jarus for that.

Would take pictures as soon as i get there. . .possibly with me and Monday on maska and clutching our water guns.lol
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Jarus(m): 4:11pm On Dec 20, 2011
With additional 15k released to boost the Obuh's business during this xmas season, all funds spent on Obuhs now 389k.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by delpee(f): 11:26pm On Dec 20, 2011
God bless you Ify and Jarus.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Odunnu: 8:52am On Dec 21, 2011
Amen.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by ifyalways(f): 10:09am On Dec 21, 2011
Xmsss goods delivered to the obuh's yesterday but unfortunately, I wasn't able to take pictures as my camera started acting up. @ Delpee, bless you and all of us who have supported this cause in different ways. @Odunnu,I go come chop xmass food with dayo for ya house.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Odunnu: 10:40am On Dec 21, 2011
Which Dayo? Abeg o!! Dont bring Dayo to my house, i'll rather you come with Mr Cork if his 17" will let him move around.
Welldone
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 21, 2011
God Bless and oncrease you all. I have been wanting to comment here but i was waiting till i had some widows mite to contribute, i have been a little ill and broke, and i was hoping that something will come up this month but it still looks a bit dry, however instead of keeping quiet i really want to thank and appreciate you all, God bless and increase everyone of you, Ify, you remind me of my dear friend who was also a member if this forum, she was always willing to go above and beyound to assist others, Gods Joy peace and love will never depart from you and your household. As you have watered so shall you be watered. Amen
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by steroid: 11:57pm On Jan 06, 2012
Are contributions still allowed for the Obuhs, Whatz the naija account details? Or do I wait for the next project.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Lizzylois(f): 6:21pm On Jan 20, 2012
U̶̲̥̅̊ guys dnt ve to criticise d guy.am sure I wasn't d only one who read d part dats says he doesn't even noe d road bak to his village cos he was born in Lagos.pls W̶̲̥̅ε̲̣ all shld prayneva to find ourselves in situations like dis nd not to call a man lazy.do u noe if he's neva been lucky to get a job.*smh*

1 Like

Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by ifyalways(f): 9:18am On Jan 21, 2012
steroid:

Are contributions still allowed for the Obuhs, Whatz the naija account details? Or do I wait for the next project.
We would be unveiling the new project soon.Watch this space.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Enosa1(m): 12:08pm On Jan 21, 2012
Hmm From under breach to approx 400k asset. My God shall surely bless you all. I'm proud to be associated with nl.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by pslm23(f): 4:15pm On Jan 25, 2012
what is the website for NL Charity?
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by jaybee3(m): 4:19pm On Jan 25, 2012
pslm23:

We currently don't have a website as we are still kinda operating under an unstructured but highly effective mode.
We are all volunteers coming together to help alleviate needy people from poverty
Your donations/moral support to the cause will be well received
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 4:20pm On Jan 25, 2012
pslm23:

use this for now

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-802184.512.html
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by bashydemy(m): 6:36am On Jan 27, 2012
OMG where am i when all this is happening? I have really missed alot since this is the kind of help i love so much to render instead donating to one jet account but its never too late.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 6:42am On Jan 27, 2012
bashy_demy:

OMG where am i when all this is happening? I have really missed alot since this is the kind of help i love so much to render instead donating to one jet account but its never too late.

Follow this link to give your own donation.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-802184.512.html
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by bunmifx(m): 2:03pm On Jan 28, 2012
i can't see my Name but am happy the money is use wisely
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by bknight: 5:49pm On Jan 28, 2012
I can volunteer to build a website for the charity project. Who's point man for it?
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 5:53pm On Jan 28, 2012
bknight:

I can volunteer to build a website for the charity project. Who's point man for it?

email us pls nairalandcharity@gmail.com
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by ebosed: 4:41pm On Jun 11, 2012
This Nairaland Bible Church is the Church I like to attend, not because I need it help but because their thinking, I mean it members resembles that of Christ

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (Reply)

My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding / Husband Sets Estranged Wife On Fire, She Grabs Him & Both Get Burnt / When Your Wife Takes Your Place As The Husband (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.