Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,897 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech (16066 Views)

Aerial View Of LAGOS-CALABAR COASTAL HIGHWAY: From Victoria Island, Landmark Bea / Lagos Removes Shanties On Coastal Road Alignment (Photos) / Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by DeLaRue: 9:52am On Feb 27
teebillz:
Why HiTech though?

Why not HiTec?
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by aribisala0(m): 9:55am On Feb 27
Kukutenla:

Those countries have very solid bureaucracy and well oiled institutional framework that supports the political head. This is unlike the case in Nigeria where we have weak institutions.
That said, even Fashola a lawyer used to do theatrics when he inspects projects.
The fact is that Umahi is the one pushing cement as an alternative. You might not like it but it's workable. It's not I too know since he actually knows.
We. Operated a parliamentary system at independence and built the First Niger bridge
We had our best period of infrastructure development then and under the military
There is no evidence that a Minister should be an Engineer
Fashion delivered the Second Niger bridge
Wike would be a good works Minister, another lawyer
The skill set required is even more legal and business
Imagine the ridiculous price Umahi agreed for cement with Dangote.You
What should have happened is to give contractors the power to import cement if they can get it cheaper and reduce cost to taxpayers.
That would make Dangote sit up when he sees government is determined
That is not an Engineers skill and that is why he failed in that negotiation
Companies like Julius Berger have the capacity to import cement without intimidation

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:56am On Feb 27
I may be wrong, but I thought there's already a contract awarded for a rail line from Lagos to Calabar... Is is the same contract incorporated into the road or is this a separate project?

Someone up there stated that the company will be building new roads in the forest, all the way from Lagos to Calabar... Abeg, how is that a good thing? I feel the best is to work with already existing roads, expand where necessary and reconstruct bad parts, as was done to the Ore road

Personally, I don't think it should be an issue that HITECH is owned by the president (or he has a stake in it), so far they do the work, let's go there

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by teebillz: 9:56am On Feb 27
DeLaRue:

Why not HiTec?

They have spent over 12 years on the Lekki-Epe Expressway with minimal achievement. Their performance is abysmal.
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by GMIS: 9:56am On Feb 27
FreeStuffsNG:

https://nairametrics.com/2024/02/26/fec-approves-construction-of-lagos-calabar-coastal-highway-to-hitech/

One of Tinubu's many vested interest Companies HITECH the infrastructure is highly needed in Africa's most populous country. The Corruption is officially & Loud

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by cedricksly: 9:58am On Feb 27
So they appointed such a major highway to tinubu Hi tech company? Wow, I give that road 7years after completion

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Zagee: 9:58am On Feb 27
Tentatively One of the few "iconic" engineering construction in the country. Let's see project report by 2027 lipsrsealed
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by emonis88: 10:00am On Feb 27
HITECH n Tinubu partnering since from Lagos, if u know what I mean. If u don't gerrit ,forrget aborut iit.

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by donwily(m): 10:00am On Feb 27
Tinubu is the owner of Hitech but they claim it's owned by a Lebanese.

They will still abandon the project as they abandoned Agbara/Atan Road after the mass demolition of people's investments, businesses and properties.

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by aribisala0(m): 10:02am On Feb 27
Kukutenla:

Have you travelled to PH by road before? Because this your own route is funny eh
Don't refer me to a map. You claimed it's in the news, kindly highlight it.
My route is funny?
Tell us the route please
I am not here to meet your needs of do research for you

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by tuoyoojo(m): 10:03am On Feb 27
Finally!!! Some good news
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Kukutenla: 10:03am On Feb 27
aribisala0:

We. Operated a parliamentary system at independence and built the First Niger bridge
We had our best period of infrastructure development then and under the military
There is no evidence that a Minister should be an Engineer
Fashion delivered the Second Niger bridge
Wike would be a good works Minister, another lawyer
The skill set required is even more legal and business
Imagine the ridiculous price Umahi agreed for cement with Dangote.You
What should have happened is to give contractors the power to import cement if they can get it cheaper and reduce cost to taxpayers.
That would make Dangote sit up when he sees government is determined
That is not an Engineers skill and that is why he failed in that negotiation
Companies like Julius Berger have the capacity to import cement without intimidation
That is the business side and why you need strong institutions backing up the head of a ministry.
The initial idea still came from him and won't come from a Wike or Fashola etc. It is not by mistake that Nigeria has the highest cost per km in public works in the whole of Africa.

That said, your claim that the permanent secretary must be a technocrat falls flat with the fact that the present perm sec of the ministry of works is not an engineer. So it seems you're just being bellicose out of an abundance of ignorance
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Kukutenla: 10:05am On Feb 27
aribisala0:

My route is funny?
Tell us the route please
I am not here to meet your needs of do research for you
The route to PH from Lagos MUST pass through the Niger bridge presently. Anyone who has transported through Nigeria should know that fact.
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Paraman: 10:06am On Feb 27
SalamRushdie:
The road will not be completed be that
Why do you think I won't be completed?
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by aribisala0(m): 10:10am On Feb 27
Kukutenla:

The route to PH from Lagos MUST pass through the Niger bridge presently. Anyone who has transported through Nigeria should know that fact.
You clearly do not know what you are talking about
It has been possible to avoid the Niger Bridge FOR MORE THAN 40
years probably before you were born
I know . I was not told. I have done that journey
Hundreds repeat hundreds of times
Stop going around arguing stupidly
That reduces the journey by more than 2 hours
I have been travelling from PH to Lagos for decades
So please stop talking nonsense
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Kukutenla: 10:19am On Feb 27
aribisala0:

You clearly do not know what you are talking about
It has been possible to avoid the Niger Bridge FOR MORE THAN 40
years probably before you were born
I know . I was not told. I have done that journey
Hundreds repeat hundreds of times
Stop going around arguing stupidly
That reduces the journey by more than 2 hours
I have been travelling from PH to Lagos for decades
So please stop talking nonsense
Ok. Tell me the route then
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by aribisala0(m): 10:22am On Feb 27
Kukutenla:

Ok. Tell me the route then
I have already told you
You said it is funny
You are trolling
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Otiwaikuku: 10:25am On Feb 27
FreeStuffsNG:

https://nairametrics.com/2024/02/26/fec-approves-construction-of-lagos-calabar-coastal-highway-to-hitech/

Wow!
This is a massive project but was there due process before awarding the contract to HITECH construction company?
Was there an open bidding for the job?
What was the criteria in selecting Hitech for the job?
So Julius Berger,RCC ,Dantanta& Sowoe no reach to do this job? Or why not break it down to batches for the big construction companies we know in the country so that the job will be delivered on time.
Let the looting and nepotism continue.

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by SalamRushdie: 10:25am On Feb 27
Paraman:
Why do you think I won't be completed?

HITECH that has been building just 35km Lekki Epe road for 20 years and have not finished till now
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by aribisala0(m): 10:38am On Feb 27
Kukutenla:

That is the business side and why you need strong institutions backing up the head of a ministry.
The initial idea still came from him and won't come from a Wike or Fashola etc. It is not by mistake that Nigeria has the highest cost per km in public works in the whole of Africa.

That said, your claim that the permanent secretary must be a technocrat falls flat with the fact that the present perm sec of the ministry of works is not an engineer. So it seems you're just being bellicose out of an abundance of ignorance
The business side is not important?
Whatever argument you make about business side applies equally to technical
The Minister should be EVEN MORE concerned with the business side because that affects the cost to taxpayers.
What initial idea ? About cement
You don't know whether the initial came from him or an adviser
Why won't it come from a Wike or Fashola? That is an unintelligent thing for you to say.
I am not an Engineer and have been saying the same thing for years with respect to Housing
Governments should strike a deal.with Dangote to take minimal margins to build 1 million houses with guaranteed profit at fixed margins to create employment
Not because I am so brilliant but there is nothing new under the sun. It has been done elsewhere
Governments sit down with monopolies /oligopolies pressures them and caps their possible profit margins
That is what advance economies do
So spare me all that nonsense
You do not even need to have gone to university to me a Minister of work is
You need to be a good businessman.
Dangote has completed hundreds of Megawatts in his business
He knows how to buy expertise
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Kukutenla: 10:42am On Feb 27
aribisala0:

The business side is not important?
Whatever argument you make about business side applies equally to technical
The Minister should be EVEN MORE concerned with the business side because that affects the cost to taxpayers.
What initial idea ? About cement
You don't know whether the initial came from him or an adviser
Why won't it come from a Wike of Fashola? That is an unintelligent thing for you to say.
I am not an Engineer and have been saying the same thing for years with respect to Housing

Not because so am brilliant but there is nothing new under the sun. It has been done elsewhere
Governments sit down with monopolies /monopolies and cap their possible profit margins
That is what advance economies do
So spare me all that nonsense
You do not even need to have gone to university to me a Minister of work is
You need to be a good businessman.
Dangote has completed hundreds of Megawatts in his business
He knows how to buy expertise
Where did I say the business side is not important?
The minister should be concerned birth score the business side and the quality of work done.
The cement idea is from Umahi. He already did it in Ebonyi. Most of the roads he did was with cement.
What have you been saying about housing? Is cement not used in building houses?
The technical know how can lead to more durable roads at cheaper cost. That's the intent behind cement

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Paraman: 10:48am On Feb 27
SalamRushdie:

HITECH that has been building just 35km Lekki Epe road for 20 years and have not finished till now
Blame the state government and not HITECH. The government is funding the project not HITECH.
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by gbolagunte81693: 10:48am On Feb 27
HmmmnHmmmn...
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by emperor4love(m): 10:50am On Feb 27
Hitech way be una president construction company, una de try
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by aribisala0(m): 10:53am On Feb 27
Kukutenla:

The minister should be concerned birth score the business side and the quality of work done.
The cement idea is from Umahi. He already did it in Ebonyi. Most of the roads he did was with cement.
The technical know how can lead to more durable roads at cheaper cost. That's the intent behind cement
Where did I say you said that!? I asked a question
There is nothing special about the cement idea

He could not have done the same thing in Ebonyi
Because he cannot threaten to open th border to imports as a governor
He has no such clout
Now he was making that threat. as minister
Go back read what I said about housing clearly you did not comprehend
My point is I also had the same idea and I am not a engineer
There is nothing special or new about that idea
he cut a bad deal with prices higher that international cement prices
THAT IS A FAILURE
What is needed is somebody who understands business and contract law
We have see n him lamenting impotently when contractors do not do what they are supposed to do because they have signed contracts that do not empower the government
That is something Wike understood very well and always signed contracts that gave teeth to the government
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by aribisala0(m): 11:03am On Feb 27
Kukutenla:

Are Engineeers the only technocrats within the works ecosystem?
That is silly
Project Managers,Economists,or even lawyers are technocrats as long as they have relevant
expertise and have risen through the ranks in the Ministry.
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Kukutenla: 11:05am On Feb 27
aribisala0:
Where did I say you said that!? I asked a question
There is nothing special about the cement idea

He could not have done the same thing in Ebonyi
Because he cannot threaten to open th border to imports as a governor
He has no such clout
Now he was making that threat. as minister
Go back read what I said about housing clearly you did not comprehend
My point is I also had the same idea and I am not a engineer
There is nothing special or new about that idea
he cut a bad deal with prices higher that international cement prices
THAT IS A FAILURE
What is needed is somebody who understands business and contract law
We have see n him lamenting impotently when contractors do not do what they are supposed to do because they have signed contracts that do not empower the government
That is something Wike understood very well and always signed contracts that gave teeth to the government
You are confused. Umahi built cement roads in Ebonyi. That's my point not this price you keep haggling on.
You said nothing about housing. What do you know about housing? Cement has been in use for housing before now. It's in road constructions that it's novel.
Wike can do what he wants for the cameras. We all know most of his projects are not yet fully paid for. Yet he used to claim he has paid the contractors. That's just politics not based on reality.
You can't tell me Wike performed better in roads construction as state gov compared to Umahi. Even he couldn't make that claim.

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Kukutenla: 11:07am On Feb 27
aribisala0:

Are Engineeers the only technocrats within the works ecosystem?
That is silly
Project Managers,Economists,or even lawyers are technocrats as long as they have relevant
expertise and have risen through the ranks in the Ministry.
So what's the expertise of a lawyer as regards road construction?
You see how you're just jumping up and down ridiculing yourself? You claimed it is the perm sec that needs to be a technocrat now you've changed mouth. Na wa o
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Kay25(m): 11:10am On Feb 27
Rootcures1:
Good one

For permanet cure for weak erection, quick ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, Watery and low Sperm Count, infertility and improvement of your girth reach me on WhatsApp with the number on my signature.

If after one week you do not get your desired result you are free to report my bank account for fraud and post my details online and call me out on nairaland.

Its 100 percent herbal and 90 percent bi
U no get food cure na erection matter u dey find solution for...
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by dododawa1: 11:16am On Feb 27
WHO owns

HITECT.

Nigeria beware.
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by aribisala0(m): 11:16am On Feb 27
Kukutenla:

So what's the expertise of a lawyer as regards road construction?
You see how you're just jumping up and down ridiculing yourself? You claimed it is the perm sec that needs to be a technocrat now you've changed mouth. Na wa o

I did not advocate for lawyer
Try to read and Comprehend
I said ANYBOBY can be a Minister
Road Construction is not the Ministers JOB that is technical

his job is to provide political oversight on behalf of the people
If road construction is the issue at hand
His job is to get a team of.experts together and get the best deal.for the taxpayer
There is no special expertise that a lawyer has that another political appointee cannot get from his team
Prior experience as a lawyer might help in managing contracts but the Ministry should have lawyers for that

For me Umahi 's previous experience as governor is more relevant than being an Engineer
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by TheBillyonaire: 11:19am On Feb 27
Why Hitech.

Their quality of work is below par.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pop Ceiling And Floor Tiles / Uncompleted 2-storey Building Collapses In Ikeja, Lagos (PHOTOS) / Katsina Central Market On Fire (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.