Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Oil Dey Your Head. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oil Dey Your Head. (223 Views)

Na Questions I No Fit Solve I Wan Dey Set: Usman Danfodio University Lecturer / No Be My Nature To Dey Brag - Success Says In New Viral Video / 10 Mind-boggling Paradoxes That Will Make Your Head Spine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil Dey Your Head. by meobizy(f): 12:37am On Feb 28
Meaning?
Re: Oil Dey Your Head. by DAramis: 5:14am On Feb 28
It means someone whose life is filled with grace, and at same time have uncanning wisdom and intelligence.
Re: Oil Dey Your Head. by meobizy(f): 5:24am On Feb 28
DAramis:
It means someone whose life is filled with grace, and at same time have uncanning wisdom and intelligence.
It’s too ghetto of a saying for all of that. A phrase like “hot/steaming head/brain” would make more sense.
Re: Oil Dey Your Head. by DAramis: 6:23am On Feb 28
meobizy:
It’s too ghetto of a saying for all of that. A phrase like “hot/steaming head/brain” would make more sense.

That is why it is in pidgin English. The meaning and its swag lies there.

Abeg, leave am for us dat way👌

Not to digress, a particular unknown son of a man was called from where he was tending sheep for him to be anointed with oil, and make king over his older brothers (Biblical passage story narration). So, it is similar to that incident when guys makes that quote

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Satoshibot.org Reviews: My Positive Journey With Satoshi Bot / Only 20% Of 2024 UTME Students Will Be Admitted – FG (see Why) / Ten Universities That Accept Candidate That Failed JAMB (2024)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.