Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,687 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Hardship-tips-how To Avoid The Rising High Cost Of Sachet Water(pure Water)pix - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Hardship-tips-how To Avoid The Rising High Cost Of Sachet Water(pure Water)pix (731 Views)

106 Male Parents Fled Home In Gombe Over High Cost Of Living In 2023 - NHRC / Enugu Father Christmas Shares Pure Water (Photos) / Pure Water Seller Arrested Over Sex With Top Businessman’s Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hardship-tips-how To Avoid The Rising High Cost Of Sachet Water(pure Water)pix by noobody(m): 9:43am On Feb 29
Good day everyone,
I am here to share a simple tip on how to avoid the prevailing high rise in the cost of pure water.
The topic of discussion this week going to and fro in most public places amidst other increasing costs,mostly pertained to the increasing cost of sachet water,the hawkers are claiming they are buying at a high cost,also the middle men are claiming the producers have increased the price,also a topic hit the front page on how producers predicted that we maybe soon start buying at 100 naira per one sachet water.

Now this made me wonder,I have never brought sachet water for the past 2 years,and I really did not know the prices have surged,it now retails for 50 naira per Sachet or 3 sachets for 100naira.
And those who buy per bag also buy at the increased rate also.
Also bottled water(which I buy occasionally when I am out of the house)now retails for 200 naira per bottle with plans to increase to 300 naira soon,which obviously I won't be able to afford any more.

Now back to the reason for the topic,here is how I have avoided buying pure water for close to 2 years.
We use a filter system fitted to the taps in the kitchen,so all the water that comes directly from the tank is filtered in the system before it comes out of the tap,which makes it 1000% safe for drinking.

Also if you own the house you stay in or better still,tenants can come together to install the water filter system also to the main tank,to make it so that the water that comes from the well or borehole is filtered before it's goes directly into the taps.
This method is very cost effective and maintenance is very cheap,all you need Donis replace filters every 6 months or 1 year depends on how dirty your tank is or how deep your well or borehole is(low depth brings unclean water,which gives the filter a lot to process).
Also most of these pure water factories use the same process,after all we can all confirm some pure water we buy comes with bad after taste and particles in them,that is to tell you most of them don't even operate to NAFDAC standards.

Imagine a family of 4 or more with kids that depends on sachet water daily,and we know how kids can get with water,they can open close to 10 sachets in just 3 hours if unmonitored.

Also if you need to go out and avoid buying while on the move,get a water bottle,store water in it and freeze overnight,you can take it along with you on the go.

It is also important to note that washing of overhead tanks regularly is also important,to ensure that it stores clean water.

I hope you guys find these tips useful.

Attached below is the simple filter system we use at home

Kindly note:there are different models,there there types you can connect to the tap mouth directly doesn't require any form of expertise installation.

NB:I understand not everyone has access to running water in there homes.so these tips are for those who have access to running water directly in there homes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship-tips-how To Avoid The Rising High Cost Of Sachet Water(pure Water)pix by Kingrshd3: 12:42am On Mar 01
Poverty
Re: Hardship-tips-how To Avoid The Rising High Cost Of Sachet Water(pure Water)pix by noobody(m): 8:00am On Mar 01
Good tips

1 Like

Re: Hardship-tips-how To Avoid The Rising High Cost Of Sachet Water(pure Water)pix by Yashita: 2:11am On Mar 02
noobody:
Good day everyone,
I am here to share a simple tip on how to avoid the prevailing high rise in the cost of pure water.
The topic of discussion this week going to and fro in most public places amidst other increasing costs,mostly pertained to the increasing cost of sachet water,the hawkers are claiming they are buying at a high cost,also the middle men are claiming the producers have increased the price,also a topic hit the front page on how producers predicted that we maybe soon start buying at 100 naira per one sachet water.

Now this made me wonder,I have never brought sachet water for the past 2 years,and I really did not know the prices have surged,it now retails for 50 naira per Sachet or 3 sachets for 100naira.
And those who buy per bag also buy at the increased rate also.
Also bottled water(which I buy occasionally when I am out of the house)now retails for 200 naira per bottle with plans to increase to 300 naira soon,which obviously I won't be able to afford any more.

Now back to the reason for the topic,here is how I have avoided buying pure water for close to 2 years.
We use a filter system fitted to the taps in the kitchen,so all the water that comes directly from the tank is filtered in the system before it comes out of the tap,which makes it 1000% safe for drinking.

Also if you own the house you stay in or better still,tenants can come together to install the water filter system also to the main tank,to make it so that the water that comes from the well or borehole is filtered before it's goes directly into the taps.
This method is very cost effective and maintenance is very cheap,all you need Donis replace filters every 6 months or 1 year depends on how dirty your tank is or how deep your well or borehole is(low depth brings unclean water,which gives the filter a lot to process).
Also most of these pure water factories use the same process,after all we can all confirm some pure water we buy comes with bad after taste and particles in them,that is to tell you most of them don't even operate to NAFDAC standards.

Imagine a family of 4 or more with kids that depends on sachet water daily,and we know how kids can get with water,they can open close to 10 sachets in just 3 hours if unmonitored.

Also if you need to go out and avoid buying while on the move,get a water bottle,store water in it and freeze overnight,you can take it along with you on the go.

It is also important to note that washing of overhead tanks regularly is also important,to ensure that it stores clean water.

I hope you guys find these tips useful.

Attached below is the simple filter system we use at home

Kindly note:there are different models,there there types you can connect to the tap mouth directly doesn't require any form of expertise installation.

NB:I understand not everyone has access to running water in there homes.so these tips are for those who have access to running water directly in there homes.

You for show us how you take install this one e for your house. Pictures speak volume
Re: Hardship-tips-how To Avoid The Rising High Cost Of Sachet Water(pure Water)pix by noobody(m): 9:39am On Mar 02
Yashita:

You for show us how you take install this one e for your house. Pictures speak volume

Honestly,it's easy,

But you need a plumber at least to do the work.

I hope you found the tips useful thou.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Hardship-tips-how To Avoid The Rising High Cost Of Sachet Water(pure Water)pix by Yashita: 9:54am On Mar 02
noobody:

Honestly,it's easy,

But you need a plumber at least to do the work.

I hope you found the tips useful thou.

Cheers

It's useful but you still need to show us pictures of the one you fix at your home
Re: Hardship-tips-how To Avoid The Rising High Cost Of Sachet Water(pure Water)pix by noobody(m): 11:47am On Mar 02
Yashita:

It's useful but you still need to show us pictures of the one you fix at your home

Oh sorry I am presently not home at the moment,

But check the image attached,

One part works for the water coming from the overhead tank,it enters the filter and cleans it before supplying to the other part that leads directly to your kitchen tap.

2 Likes

Re: Hardship-tips-how To Avoid The Rising High Cost Of Sachet Water(pure Water)pix by Giftedhand47(m): 9:38am On Mar 03
Shut up

Mad man

SCAMER

Scammer

Scammer

Scammer

I get time pass you

I swear

We have started this

Scammer

Refund the money you stole

There are many scammers on nairaland
But I’ll focus on you

Scammer

Scammmer

Scammer

Nobody is a scammer
Re: Hardship-tips-how To Avoid The Rising High Cost Of Sachet Water(pure Water)pix by noobody(m): 9:39am On Mar 03
The reason why the scammer above is angry is because I exposed his scams and other Monika's he used to perpetuate scams on nairalsnd

Here is the link for the full gist

https://www.nairaland.com/8016083/beware-serial-scammerphone-number-09014566031

He is a cursed scammer and been operating on nairaland since 2020,

He should be avoided..

3 Likes

Re: Hardship-tips-how To Avoid The Rising High Cost Of Sachet Water(pure Water)pix by noobody(m): 9:49am On Mar 03
Here is evidence he deleted admitting truly he scammed 4k,
The links above showed all the evidences he scammed nairaland members in the past,
And he is still at it.

Re: Hardship-tips-how To Avoid The Rising High Cost Of Sachet Water(pure Water)pix by noobody(m): 9:59am On Mar 03
Scammer spamming my WhatsApp,

He is trying to beg me to hide his atrocities.

He is a criminal!

1 Like

Re: Hardship-tips-how To Avoid The Rising High Cost Of Sachet Water(pure Water)pix by noobody(m): 8:29am On Mar 04
Sharp tips.
Re: Hardship-tips-how To Avoid The Rising High Cost Of Sachet Water(pure Water)pix by Foodqueen(f): 1:54pm On Mar 04
How much is the filter
Re: Hardship-tips-how To Avoid The Rising High Cost Of Sachet Water(pure Water)pix by superintendents(m): 1:58pm On Mar 04
Foodqueen:
How much is the filter
you hear scam you still want to fall for it... OK
Re: Hardship-tips-how To Avoid The Rising High Cost Of Sachet Water(pure Water)pix by Foodqueen(f): 2:02pm On Mar 04
superintendents:

😁😁😁😁

I see am. I just wan know how much. The thing go de market now.

1 Like

Re: Hardship-tips-how To Avoid The Rising High Cost Of Sachet Water(pure Water)pix by superintendents(m): 2:05pm On Mar 04
Foodqueen:

😁😁😁😁

Alright..
Re: Hardship-tips-how To Avoid The Rising High Cost Of Sachet Water(pure Water)pix by noobody(m): 2:47pm On Mar 04
superintendents:

Don't be stoopid,
I never advertised I was selling the filter.
And the ediot who labelled scam is just bitter because I exposed him as a scammer,

I sell phones on nairaland,and it's not your likes that would conclude if I am a scam or not,

My customers I supply phones to trust me 100%

So what exactly his he falling for?

3 Likes

Re: Hardship-tips-how To Avoid The Rising High Cost Of Sachet Water(pure Water)pix by noobody(m): 2:47pm On Mar 04
Foodqueen:
How much is the filter

Go to the market and ask for your self,

I only shared tips

I never advertised I was selling filter.
Re: Hardship-tips-how To Avoid The Rising High Cost Of Sachet Water(pure Water)pix by noobody(m): 2:49pm On Mar 04
Foodqueen:

😁😁😁😁

Have you not wondered why the scammer who came here to accused me has not replied,
Because I have reported him to the mods.

So what you are seeing is false!!
Re: Hardship-tips-how To Avoid The Rising High Cost Of Sachet Water(pure Water)pix by superintendents(m): 2:51pm On Mar 04
noobody:

Don't be stoopid,
I never advertised I was selling the filter.
And the ediot who labelled scam is just bitter because I exposed him as a scammer,

I sell phones on nairaland,and it's not your likes that would conclude if I am a scam or not,

My customers I supply phones to trust me 100%

So what exactly his he falling for?

don't be offended.. Ok
Re: Hardship-tips-how To Avoid The Rising High Cost Of Sachet Water(pure Water)pix by noobody(m): 2:54pm On Mar 04
superintendents:
don't be offended.. Ok

I am not offended,just not Happy you jumped into conclusion when he did not show evidence.
He provided no tangible evidence,
He was just angry I exposed his scam antics,
He doesn't have any evidence to produce,he only intends to tarnish my good name on nairaland,
But I have plenty evidence against him which I provided.
Which was why he went on a witch-hunt on all my threads and I made sure to report him to the mods.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship-tips-how To Avoid The Rising High Cost Of Sachet Water(pure Water)pix by noobody(m): 9:32am On Mar 05
Tipss...
Re: Hardship-tips-how To Avoid The Rising High Cost Of Sachet Water(pure Water)pix by noobody(m): 8:43am On Mar 11
Simple tips
Re: Hardship-tips-how To Avoid The Rising High Cost Of Sachet Water(pure Water)pix by noobody(m): 8:08am On Mar 16
Tips..

(1) (Reply)

For Those Of You Based Abroad That Needs Legal Documentation From Nigeria / Should Ladies Retain Their Surname After Marriage? / I Need Caring Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.