Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,849 members, 7,813,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine (30681 Views)

Woman Rejects Christmas Car Gift From Her 200 Level Undergraduate Son (photos) / Mum Rejects Car Gift From Son, Questions His Source Of Wealth (Pix, Video) / Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Savedday2: 5:31pm On Mar 06
Kindly dump that girl immediately.

Ugly people are the most terrible set of human being. Avoid them!

The girl have mumu this one till e want to disobey all reasonable advice and marry her. After you marry her, then her true colors will be out. Is she not a 9ja girl?

1 Like

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Holluwhakemmy(f): 5:32pm On Mar 06
enemyofprogress:
oro na dun, o fe ke tongue tongue tongue
ko sekun loro mi, I'm full of divine joy my sorrow will come to an end one day
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by laluski(m): 5:35pm On Mar 06
sammymax:
I seriously need advice as I really don't know what the right or best thing to do at this time. Please elders in the house be kind enough to suggest what I could do.

I did not think something like this can still happen in this era but this is what I have to deal with. So my mum flat out told me she does not like the girl I took home because she is not fine. About 3years ago when we went home together she told me this but I just disregarded it like when I'm ready she won't have a choice but to accept her as she is. To be honest she is not fine at all but she gives me peace of mind which I feel is the ultimate.

She was involved in an accident with my dad last year and we lost my dad in the process. During the burial I went home with my babe again and my mum still made her displeasure with the girl show.

The thing now is that I went home again to see how she is doing and she called to speak me again after stating that I had disobeyed her by not breaking up with the girl she said is still not having her and if I insist she is the one I should count her out of the marriage. She can never come visiting or even call her. She will not attend the wedding. Now I am 32 and she is 30

How do I navigate this situation. I plead for good advice. Have you been in a similar situation how did you handle it.

You're either from the East or South South... That's where parents come up with nonsense talks like this...

1 Like

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by enemyofprogress: 5:37pm On Mar 06
Holluwhakemmy:
ko sekun loro mi, I'm full of divine joy my sorrow will come to an end one day
eyaaaaaaaaa! Pele Kemi grin
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Holluwhakemmy(f): 5:38pm On Mar 06
enemyofprogress:
eyaaaaaaaaa! Pele Kemi grin
don't Pele me nothing wrong with me
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Coolboy009: 5:40pm On Mar 06
Jewessgratitud3:

Abeg leave matter. Na every body get bad character. No body Holy pass. It is how you handle a person that will either bring out the angel or monster in him or her.

Be good yourself if you want to attract good.
Be peaceful if you want peace.
Be caring if you want to receive care and love.

Only a mad woman will bark at her man when he gives her what she likes. Every human being has got a good and bad side. You determine which one you get by your approach and attitude to them.
you still dey learn, if you never marry, pray make God give u ur soulmate o. if the wrong woman catch u, you learn in a very very hard way.
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by vannessa7(f): 5:43pm On Mar 06
Danger alert!!! Under no circumstances should you leave that woman, since you couldn't leave her until she turned 30, leaving her now can destroy your life because she will not pray for you, even if she is gentle her head will still fight you, many lives have been destroyed by toying with people's destiny like that, jilting them at the last minute.

Pray that God should change the mind of your mum, no matter how a woman looks if you love her and treat her like a queen you are set for life because she will be your good luck charm everywhere you go, and she is at that age when men enjoys women most because she is matured and can only see marriage in her future she will submit and relax in the marriage. Do everything to marry her unless God says otherwise, mothers can be wrong too but pacify her don't push her aside, get elders to talk to her, make her know she is very important to you but ask her if she will be happy if your life is destroyed because of the consequences of jilting that lady, which is sure to follow, because as she will cry in agony and heart break the universe will fight against you unless you never slept with her or promise her anything.
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by abobote: 5:49pm On Mar 06
A girl of 30yrs for a 32yrs old guy.
That's a bad choice

2 Likes

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by colp2015: 5:49pm On Mar 06
Double0h7:
Trigger warning ⚠️ unpopular opinion ‼️

Have you thought about your children and how they will look? If you’re not attractive then you’re setting your children up for future rejection. People have always looked for good genes to pass along to their offspring. Your mother definitely means well for you.

If you are very attractive then you could offset her lack but if you’re not then you are setting your children up for bullying and rejection of their own.

Another thing, it makes sense that she is peaceful because imagine if she was unattractive inside and out.

...so if the poster is not good looking, are you saying it would be proper for him to look for a 'fine girl' to accommodate his unattractiveness?

Would you consider an unattractive guy for a relationship?

The poster's mother is shallow if her rejection of the girl is based on atrractiveness.
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Yamleg: 5:52pm On Mar 06
CountinBlessins:
Grow up and stop bringing your problems to social media it shows you are a weakling and not fit to be called an adult!! Handle your issues in privacy. Weakling
Will you shutup ur trap, bro?
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by darediamond(m): 5:58pm On Mar 06
LilMissFavvy:
I thought life should humble your mother if she's alive while her husband died in same car accident.? She is supposed to know that life is vanity [b]and character is more important than beauty. [/b]Unfortunately your mom is still canal minded.

You have 3 options

1. Do a registry marriage with your woman, then upon your mother's death in future, you will then do a proper marriage.
2. Get a female distant relative to stand in place of your mother and go ahead with a wedding.
3. Cohabit with your woman without marriage.
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by jaxxy(m): 6:10pm On Mar 06
sammymax:
I seriously need advice as I really don't know what the right or best thing to do at this time. Please elders in the house be kind enough to suggest what I could do.

I did not think something like this can still happen in this era but this is what I have to deal with. So my mum flat out told me she does not like the girl I took home because she is not fine. About 3years ago when we went home together she told me this but I just disregarded it like when I'm ready she won't have a choice but to accept her as she is. To be honest she is not fine at all but she gives me peace of mind which I feel is the ultimate.

She was involved in an accident with my dad last year and we lost my dad in the process. During the burial I went home with my babe again and my mum still made her displeasure with the girl show.

The thing now is that I went home again to see how she is doing and she called to speak me again after stating that I had disobeyed her by not breaking up with the girl she said is still not having her and if I insist she is the one I should count her out of the marriage. She can never come visiting or even call her. She will not attend the wedding. Now I am 32 and she is 30

How do I navigate this situation. I plead for good advice. Have you been in a similar situation how did you handle it.

u need to define this peace of mind she gives u and the probably explain it to ur mum.

but I was tell u while peace of mind is very important it is not the only thing a girl should bring to the table. Whatelse does she bring to the table or ur life?

I don't care so much about beauty cos many physically beautiful people are shallow minded, problematic or confused.

Also there are not so fine people who once they start talking they are very beautiful and fine people who once they start talking become ugly. Personality and how u carry urself matters.

If she's that good for u ur mum will definitely understand.
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by lekonso: 6:12pm On Mar 06
Try to package her well nah. Buy her good clothes, good skin products to make her skin fresh. Give her a fine hairstyle. There is no woman wey no fine, if you package her well. May be she didn't dress well when you took her home. Tell your mum you have heard her. Engage in serious prayers and package her well next time you are traveling home, you mum's reaction will change.

1 Like

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by lekonso: 6:22pm On Mar 06
dauntless15:
Did I say all good looking people are bad? I am good looking, and I'm one of the most decent people I know, I'm merely saying the chances of getting a pretty girl who'd be decent is hard cuz people who look like that have so many guys chasing them and they tend to be promiscuous.
Talking from experience?
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Goldenfinger5(m): 6:30pm On Mar 06
Are you saying she is ugly facially or other areas follow?. All in all is in the eye of the beholder. Stand your grounds and be a man
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by donbenie(m): 6:39pm On Mar 06
Jewessgratitud3:

Abeg leave matter. Na every body get bad character. No body Holy pass. It is how you handle a person that will either bring out the angel or monster in him or her.

Only a mad woman will bark at her man when he gives her what she likes. Every human being has got a good and bad side. You determine which one you get by your approach and attitude to them.
You dey polish your CV for Motivational Speech?
There are people that are bad, because that's the way they are wired..
The earlier you realise that,the better for you..

1 Like

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by dauntless15(m): 6:40pm On Mar 06
lekonso:

Talking from experience?
kinda
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Akinpresident: 6:41pm On Mar 06
I support your mum.

If you're saying this girl gives you peace of mind because she gives you something you think no one else is giving you, have a rethink.

I don't know how they do it, but most ugly people tend to have an ugly heart in the long run.

And when the ages starts counting, the ugliness will be so obvious and you'll be forced to start cheating.
Avoid that and marry a beautiful girl you can always look at and rejoice in your youth.

1 Like

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Sleekfingers: 6:45pm On Mar 06
You are an adult. Do what makes you happy. If you truly love her. Marry her, your mum will have no choice.
But if she insist go ahead and marry her. Your happiness is paramount to you. And this is your life and future.
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by elmagnifico411(m): 6:46pm On Mar 06
Op, wetin u sef dey do with woman wey no fine? Is it that you're afraid of being with a beautiful lady so other men wouldn't be looking at her? I think your mind is the problem here.

1 Like

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by addictiv(m): 6:50pm On Mar 06
To be honest, some parents no get sense. If you doubt, I want you to take a look at every young person you know including all the jonzing guys, hookup babes, NFAs etc. They will all be parents someday and would have opinions on who their kids get married to. If you think your parents are well informed about marriage follow them. If you believe your way is better, follow it. Both roads have both blessings and lessons. The elder people no sabi anything wey the young ones no know, if they did, this country won't be the way it is currently.

2 Likes

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Jamie1000: 6:53pm On Mar 06
CountinBlessins:
Grow up and stop bringing your problems to social media it shows you are a weakling and not fit to be called an adult!! Handle your issues in privacy. Weakling
This is wrong. Besides, it's anonymous. He needs advise on what's bordering him. Someone else can learn.

1 Like

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by lilyheaven: 6:56pm On Mar 06
Mama don’t want ugly grandkids 😃
NeoWanZaeed:

Will your mum be the one to live with her or impregnate her?
Why would you allow your mom decide your life? If you know she'll give you peace . Stay with her.

Marriage is beyond beautiful girl o
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by enemyofprogress: 6:59pm On Mar 06
Holluwhakemmy:
don't Pele me nothing wrong with me
o da na ma binu Kemi grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by finallybusy: 6:59pm On Mar 06
All marriages ultimately turn into a situation of managing whatever you have. Whether you pick Miss World or Nanny McPhee, ten years down the line, you’ll face the same problem of challenges more important than physical appearance. If I were to advice you, I’ll say you should pick the female of your choosing. Allowing your mother to select will only give you a reason to prematurely surrender. “What do I care, it was her choice to begin with” over “I picked her, let’s iron things through. I don’t want to disappoint myself.”
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by SAMBARRY: 7:00pm On Mar 06
sammymax:

if your Mama a woman says she's not fine.imagine how she will look when she's pregnant or after 1 or 2 kids

Imagine how you will feel looking at her face when fvking her lipsrsealed

I'm not saying beauty is the only standard to make a marriage work o but if you marry an unattractive woman there are chances that you might cheat on her with a more beautiful babe

Your mom sees what you can't see.i suggest you listen to her.women never finish.at least there are still good women even though the lousy Instagram baddies and disgraceful girls are the ones all over the place walking naked on and off social media
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by HugoBoss10(m): 7:05pm On Mar 06
Picture of the girl
My advice starts from there
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by theamazonguru(m): 7:08pm On Mar 06
My question.

Do you feel at peace with yourself on your decision to marry her?
Do you really feel she is your wife and would love to be with her for the rest of your life?
Do you see a future with her ?

If yes, my brother PLEASE GO AHEAD.

I absolutely believe your mum should have a say, but she is getting it wrong by basing her say on your spouse's look/appearance. So so wrong.

She is not even concerned about, if this girl is godly, peaceful, dutiful/homely, good etc, her own problem with your partner is beauty.

That was how my mum said my sister should not marry a certain guy she so loved even tho the guy is from another tribe.
She resisted my sister, telling her she would disown her if she married the guy, just because of her myopic view of the world and sheer ignorance.
The guy was a very good guy. I know him.
Yes, he had nothing then, but he was trying to make ends meet
He later made it.

But my sister got married to someone my mum thought was the best for her, same tribe, working in tech , good church boy that later became a pastor.

But guess what, he turned out to be a monster.
My sister got sick to the point of death.
This guy cared less. Never helped nor assisted in the house chores even when he was jobless. His own was to be pressing computer day and night.
While his wife was under going chemo. She would still be the one to cook and clean the house.

For lack of good care, her situation got bad and broke down.
He was told about my sister's situation that she won't make it, this stupid guy never opened up to anyone.
While we were running up and down at the hospital he was at home sleeping.
On the day she died, when he got to the hospital and my sister went to see him , she was in his car and was staring death in the face. She messed on herself, this guy cared less for her but for his car that was messed up. All he could say was, oh see the car I just washed.

Chaiiiiiii. What a useless goat.

Meanwhile he was spending my sister's money oh. Having been laid off from then intercontinental bank. He became jobless.
My sister carried his matter for head. Helping him reach out to people to help get him job.
That same day I sent 50k to his acct so they could get stuffs at the hospital.

Yet his own concern was his car being messed up.

My sister died eventually.

He re-married and relocated to Canada.
Of course life goes on.
That is the point. Life goes on.
I know he will get his reward in due time.

May you not get married to an animal in the name of a spouse.

Brother, if you feel comfortable with that lady. Please try to do your own home work well, meet with your parents family separately.
Rally them, get their buy in.

Let your mum keep living in fools paradise.

What is important is your Joy and peace.

My candid advice.

2 Likes

Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Segxydube: 7:12pm On Mar 06
Jewessgratitud3:

Oga you can treat people well and they treat you bad... Some people are naturally good and some people are naturally bad as well.
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by dmgr(m): 7:20pm On Mar 06
havilla:

Space booker, oya come and drop your own advice, the topic has made FP
Re: Mum Rejects My Babe Cos She Is Not Fine by Iyke48: 7:21pm On Mar 06
Na your fault na. Why you go carry ugly girl go show your mama? Who no like better thing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? / Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? / Husband Of Egopersonified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.