Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,772 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

A Place To Learn The Real Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Place To Learn The Real Islam (69 Views)

The Importance Of Choosing The Right Place To Pray / The Real Meaning Of Eid Al Adha / Al Noor Mosque In Abuja Is A Place Where Ladies Market Themselves - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Place To Learn The Real Islam by Emceecee(m): 1:57pm On Feb 29
I was talking with a brother who was trying to organize a class for sisters, and he was telling me how he was informed about sisters complaining about their husbands who are supposed to be learned men of islam(that's the circle I'm in), but yet they find weaknesses in their character. They also complained of how they tell them that this and that is haraam, and they only listen out of obedience and they don't know why they are haraam, they feel like all they hear is haraam.

So it's like there's the general places of learning like the islamiyyah and known 'malams', who are not really teaching the people, they don't warned the people about pitfalls and water down the deen. The result is ignorance and people getting into all kinds of evil & wicked actions. Then there are the supposed one who learn and practice the religion, but all people hear from them is essentially everything is haraam, and they don't understand how they can live life staying away from the prohibitions.

I was pondering over some knowledge, and I realized from it so many gems. How the reality of iman is love of Allah, and the real love is recognizing that the good things we seek, like honor, protection, all kinds of benefit, they all come from Allah. And when one realizes this, it's easy for him to obey Allah, do the commands and leave the prohibitions. But more than that, is that someone can find pleasure in worshipping Allah, or at least in the thing He has made permissible.

This is the kind of knowledge so beneficial yet many Muslims will never hear about, because ignorance has spread. People don't know the very basics; Who Allah is, why we should worship Him, what is worship, what is islam, etc.

Here's a quick example: Have you heard the those people that say they are not a slave, but they worship God? Well, slave and worship stem from the same word a-b-d. The action is usually translated as worship and the doer of the action as slave/worshipper, but people see it as different, out of ignorance.

I actually differed with the brother on how to go about starting the class, so I thought, if it's the spread the knowledge, why don't I just find people interested in learning. So I want to create an outlet for people to learn the deen, or as I'll say, to learn the why. If you have comments or are interested, I'll like to hear them.
Re: A Place To Learn The Real Islam by NeoWanZaeed(m): 2:08pm On Feb 29
Emceecee:
I was talking with a brother who was trying to organize a class for sisters, and he was telling me how he was informed about sisters complaining about their husbands who are supposed to be learned men of islam(that's the circle I'm in), but yet they find weaknesses in their character. They also complained of how they tell them that this and that is haraam, and they only listen out of obedience and they don't know why they are haraam, they feel like all they hear is haraam.

So it's like there's the general places of learning like the islamiyyah and known 'malams', who are not really teaching the people, they don't warned the people about pitfalls and water down the deen. The result is ignorance and people getting into all kinds of evil & wicked actions. Then there are the supposed one who learn and practice the religion, but all people hear from them is essentially everything is haraam, and they don't understand how they can live life staying away from the prohibitions.

I was pondering over some knowledge, and I realized from it so many gems. How the reality of iman is love of Allah, and the real love is recognizing that the good things we seek, like honor, protection, all kinds of benefit, they all come from Allah. And when one realizes this, it's easy for him to obey Allah, do the commands and leave the prohibitions. But more than that, is that someone can find pleasure in worshipping Allah, or at least in the thing He has made permissible.

This is the kind of knowledge so beneficial yet many Muslims will never hear about, because ignorance has spread. People don't know the very basics; Who Allah is, why we should worship Him, what is worship, what is islam, etc.

Here's a quick example: Have you heard the those people that say they are not a slave, but they worship God? Well, slave and worship stem from the same word a-b-d. The action is usually translated as worship and the doer of the action as slave/worshipper, but people see it as different, out of ignorance.

I actually differed with the brother on how to go about starting the class, so I thought, if it's the spread the knowledge, why don't I just find people interested in learning. So I want to create an outlet for people to learn the deen, or as I'll say, to learn the why. If you have comments or are interested, I'll like to hear them. Please reach me on: 0 eight 1, six 4 three 4 -0257
WA/Tele/nland

And perhaps from time to time, I'll be updating with some benefits

Nice.. people should know haram and halal.

I guess the group is for just male
Re: A Place To Learn The Real Islam by Shidda: 3:21pm On Feb 29
I haven't decided, people are not cautious about Freemixing so I thought it will not be the first thing but then again it matters right.

I wish I had a sister that I could delegate to the women side but currently the isn't anyone available, what do you think?

By the way this is my account for my Islamic side and I posted it with my business account because I decided to stop having separate life. so I want to merge them together and I use MCC more than shidda.
Re: A Place To Learn The Real Islam by Shidda: 3:31pm On Feb 29
When people heard that Corona took millions of lives away, people were fearful of it. The Prophets warned about shirk and idols that took away the success of billions of people generation after generation, leading them to disgrace, misery and destruction. Yet we belittle it and take no heed when we hear. So do the dwellers of the fire have anyone to blame but themselves? And Allah is the source of guidance.
Re: A Place To Learn The Real Islam by Shidda: 6:31am On Mar 01
Abü Bakr bin 'Ayyäsh said, "Once when I was a youth, a man said to me,
'Save your neck from the punishment of the Hereafter as much as you can.
The prisoner of the Hereafter will never be released. "' Abü Bakr bin 'Ayyäsh
said, "I have never forgotten his words."

But we can't save anyone, not even ourselves. All the people go through of
suffering in this wolrd is nothing compared to the hereafter. They suffer and
with time, it's gone. So don't waste time in pity, this is the unescapleble
reality of this world.

(1) (Reply)

Five Daily Prayers In Islam / Ibn-qayyim-foundation-every-evil / "Your Wives Are Like Farmland To You." [2:223].

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.