Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,090 members, 7,821,768 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Five Daily Prayers In Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Five Daily Prayers In Islam (72 Views)

Muslim Boy Prayers In Front Of RCCG Church / Supplication after the five Daily Prayers / The Status Of The Five Daily Prayers In Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Five Daily Prayers In Islam by Jumuahsermon: 5:21am On Dec 15, 2023
_BISMILLAHI RAHMAN RAHEEM _
Prayer is the second pillar of Islam, and in the hadith: “On the authority of Ibn umar, may Allah be pleased with them both, he said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (SAW), say: “Islam is built on five principles: testifying that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger ofAllah , and establishing prayer, Paying zakat, fasting Ramadan, and performing Hajj to the House for those who are able to do so.
He also said: “The head of the matter is Islam, its pillar is prayer, and its peak is jihad for the sake of Allah, which is the first branch of the religion among the Shiites and prayer is obligatory for every Muslim, adult, sane, male or female,Prayer was made obligatory in Mecca before the migration of the Prophet Muhammad to Medina in the second year before the Hijra, during the Night Journey and Mira

In Islam, prayer is performed five times a day and is obligatory for every sane adult Muslim free of excuses, whether male or female. In addition to prayers performed on various occasions, such as: the Eid prayer, the funeral prayer, the rain prayer, and the eclipse prayer.

Prayer is the means of the servant communicating with his Lord, and it is a link between the servant and his Lord.

HOW THE PROPHET RECEIVE THE FIVE DAILY PRAYERS
Shortly from the journey of israi wal miraj i.e the journey of the noble prophet (SAW) to the seventh heaven - When he finished the divine meeting, he passed by Moses, peace be upon him, on his way. When he saw him, he asked him: “What am I commanding you to do?” He said to him: “Fifty prayers every day.” Then Moses, peace be upon him, said: “Your nation cannot perform fifty prayers every day.” One day, by God, I have tried people before you, so return to your Lord and ask Him to lighten it.) So the Prophet, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, returned to his Lord to ask permission to lighten it, so he omitted some prayers from him. So he returned to Moses, peace be upon him, and told him, so he motioned for him to return and ask for a shortening again, and the scene was repeated several times. times until the number reached five prayers per day and night, and the Prophet - may God bless him and grant him peace - was ashamed to ask his Lord for more than that. Then Allah (SWT) decreed these prayers and made them the reward of fifty prayers.

THE STATUS OF PRAYER
Islam gave prayer a great status, as it was the first act of worship required by Allah, and it was also the first act of worship for which a Muslim would be held accountable on the Day of Resurrection, and it was made obligatory on the night of the Ascension. Anas bin Malik said: Fifty prayers were made obligatory for the Prophet on the night of his captivity, then it was reduced until it became five, then he was called out, O Muhammad, he does not change what I say, and for this you have fifty.
Abdullah bin Qart said, on the authority of the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said: “The first thing a servant will be held accountable for on the Day of Resurrection is prayer. If it is righteous, all of his deeds will be righteous, and if it is corrupt, then all of his work will be corrupt.

Prayer has been mentioned in the Qur’an in more than one place, including what was stated in Surah Al-Mu’minun: “Indeed, the believers have succeeded, who are humble in their prayer , [Al-Mu’minun: 1-2] and also in Surat Al-Kawthar: “Pray to your Lord and sacrifice” [Al-Kawthar: 2 ] And also in Surah Al-A’la: “And he mentioned the name of his Lord and prayed” [Al-A’la: 15] And also in Surah Taha: “Indeed, I am Allah, there is no god but Me, so worship Me and establish prayer in remembrance of Me” [Taha: 14]

IMPORTANCE OF PRAYER
Prayer is the pillar of religion and no excuse is accepted for abandoning it as long as he is able to perform it. It is not waived for any sane adult man, while it is waived for a woman during menstruation and postpartum, and she is not ordered to make up for it after she purifies herself. One of the punishments for the one who neglects prayer is that it is a matter of disagreement among some jurists, to the point that many jurists said that the one who neglects the prayer must repent, and if he repents, it is good, but if he does not repent, then he is imprisoned until he repents and prays, as is the doctrine of the Hanafi masters. Rather, some of them said that he should be killed for punishment, not for disbelief, that is, he should kill him. The judge after asking for repentance and explaining the importance of prayer and its obligation for him

EVIDENCES FROM THE HOLY QUR’AN
There are verses in the Qur’an regarding prayer, including:
• Allah (SWT) said in His Noble Book: “Those who believe in the unseen and perform prayer and spend out of what We have provided them” - Surah Al-Baqarah.

• Allah (SWT) said in His Noble Book: “And establish prayer, and give zakat, and kneel with those who bow, 43” - Surah Al-Baqarah.

Allah (SWT) said in His Noble Book: “And seek help with patience and prayer; indeed, it is difficult, except for the humble. 45” - Surah Al-Baqarah.
• Allah (SWT) said in His Noble Book: “And when We made a covenant with the Children of Israel: ‘Worship none but Allah, and be good to parents, and to relatives, and orphans, and the needy, and say, Do good to the people, and establish prayer and pay zakat. Then you turned away, except for a few of you, and you turned away. (83) - Surah Al-Baqarah.

•Allah (SWT) said in His Noble Book: “And establish prayer and pay zakat, and whatever good you put forward for yourselves of good you will find it with Allah. Indeed, God is All-Seeing of what you do” - Surat Al-Baqarah.

EVIDENCES FROM HADITH
One of the great status of prayer in Islam is that it was imposed on the greatest journey known to humanity, which is the journey of the Night Journey and Mi’raj.
Prayer is the difference between a Muslim and an infidel

• On the authority of Anas bin Malik, may Allah be pleased with him, he said: “Fifty prayers were made obligatory for the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, on the night he was taken on the journey, then it was reduced until it became five. Then we were called, ‘O Muhammad, the word I have should not be changed, and that you have fifty for this five’” (Narrated by Al-Bukhari and Muslim).

• On the authority of Buraydah, may Allah be pleased with him, that the Prophet, may Allah’s prayers and peace be upon him, said: “The covenant between us and them is prayer, and whoever abandons it has disbelieved.

• On the authority of Anas bin Malik, may Allah be pleased with him, on the authority of the Prophet, may Allah’s prayers and peace be upon him, he said: “The first thing by which a servant is held accountable is his prayer. Allah, Blessed and Most High, says to the angels: Look at My servant’s prayer. If they find it complete, it is written for him as complete, and if they find it, something is missing from it. He said: Look. Do you find for My servant a voluntary prayer, so that his prayer is completed from his voluntary prayers, and then the deeds are taken according to that? (Narrated by Al-Darimi in his Sunan)

• On the authority of Abu Hurairah, the Prophet, may Allah’s prayers and peace be upon him, said: “The first thing a servant will be held accountable for on the Day of Resurrection will be his prayer. If it is good, he will be successful and successful, and if it is bad, then he will be disappointed and lose.” (Narrated by Al-Tirmidhi)

RULING ON ONE WHO ABANDONS PRAYER
The one who abandons prayer, if he abandons it, denying its obligation, while knowing that Allah has commanded it to be performed, then this is an infidel and apostate, according to the consensus of the nation. Whoever abandons it out of ignorance of its obligation, such as a newcomer to Islam, is not judged to be a disbeliever, but is taught and commanded to do so. Ibn Abd al-Barr said: Muslims are unanimously agreed that the one who denies the obligation of prayer is an infidel and will be killed if he who disbelieves in that does not repent, and they disagreed regarding the acknowledgment of it and its obligation if the one who intentionally neglects to perform it, while he is capable of performing it, and it was reported from the Companions that they considered him a disbeliever.

https://jumuahsermon.com/five-daily-prayers-in-islam/

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help / Ibn-qayyim-foundation-every-evil / A Place To Learn The Real Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.