Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,618 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Borehole Water Pump Switch Keeps Tripping - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Borehole Water Pump Switch Keeps Tripping (153 Views)

Automatic Water Tank Level Controller Pump Switch ON/OFF / Electricity Always Tripping Off / Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Borehole Water Pump Switch Keeps Tripping by jmoore(m): 3:20pm On Mar 01
What could be the problem? It runs for few seconds and the overload switch trips. I bought another overload switch this morning, but the problem is still on.
Re: Borehole Water Pump Switch Keeps Tripping by kelvin1191(m): 4:00pm On Mar 01
Is power related fault. Are you using generator to pump? If yes, get a bigger gen. Also, hope you used original nigerian cable as china cable (mixed cupper and aluminiun) will carbonate causing it to trip.

Also, if the cable is not properly insulated or water enters the coil or bad bearing it will cause the overload to trip.
Re: Borehole Water Pump Switch Keeps Tripping by jmoore(m): 4:32pm On Mar 01
kelvin1191:
Is power related fault. Are you using generator to pump? If yes, get a bigger gen. Also, hope you used original nigerian cable as china cable (mixed cupper and aluminiun) will carbonate causing it to trip.

Also, if the cable is not properly insulated or water enters the coil or bad bearing it will cause the overload to trip.

The generator I am using is what I have been using for many years to pump water.

The fault started last night with NEPA. This morning, I used gen to test it and it was the circuit breaker of the gen that gets tripped once I switch it on.

I am suspecting that two wires may have fried together in the hole which may be causing short circuit.

The pump electrician I called in the morning never show.
Re: Borehole Water Pump Switch Keeps Tripping by kelvin1191(m): 10:42pm On Mar 01
It's from the cable. Is the control box inside the building, if yes check the cable that runs from the borehole head to the control box first.
Re: Borehole Water Pump Switch Keeps Tripping by jmoore(m): 7:26pm On Mar 03
The technician came late on Friday and we brought out the pump. He said the coil was damaged.

He brought it back today and said that it was a seal that was damaged which made water to enter somewhere that spoilt the coil.

The pump is working now.

(1) (Reply)

Selling! 5bedroom Fully Detached+bq @ VGC. N150m. Eunice 08029562694 / PERFECTLY DRY AND FLAT LAND IN IBEJU LEKKI.. BRICKS AND BARS ESTATE PHASE 2 / Lekki Sand Merchants - Sand And Granite Delivery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.