Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,549 members, 7,823,412 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

True Life Story: Why You Should Be Careful Of Whom You Help - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / True Life Story: Why You Should Be Careful Of Whom You Help (1213 Views)

Please Parent Know This And Be Careful / How I Got Married With Just N28,900 (my True Life Testimony) / SIENA GBUDJE Exposed..ladies Be Careful.. Members Be Very Careful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

True Life Story: Why You Should Be Careful Of Whom You Help by Moneyfem: 8:26am On Mar 02
"My neighbor sent her daughter to charge her phone in my place on the 17th of this month which happens to be a Saturday around 11 am in the morning , after which my generator went off about 10 - 15 minutes later the same daughter came to take the phone and power bank away ,to go charge in there place because they are done fixing there generator only for this Neighbor of mine to come back about 3:30 pm in the evening that the sum of #150,000 has been deducted from her account ,I ask if she has reveal any of her banking details to anyone she said no ,I made her understand the need to go to the bank to know exactly what went wrong with her account ,I asked she blocked her account so no further transaction Will take place until the situation is resolved ,she thank me and left .
The following day happens to be a Sunday this woman went to the Estate community to report me ,they summoned me and husband and asked several questions
The woman told them I know her phone password , I asked how ??
She then flashed back to about 4 months ago when I just had my baby Around November 2023 my baby was just few days old then ,she came to me truly that her WhatsApp app was outdated and needs to be updated she said she don't know how to do it ,I foolishly collected her phone and update the app in the cause of trying to update the app,I discovered her phone was locked i informed her she made mentioned of her password ,while the update was on, a call came in ,I returned her phone to her and tell her once the rolling circle on playstore got to 100 percent ,you will just click on enable ,your app will be updated that was all .
She held on to that to use against me ,I told her straight to her face I know nothing about your missing money ,

My husband summoned her before the community again that let's involve the necessary Authorities so as to know the truth of the matter ,she and her husband bluntly refused stating that they are not interested in any case ,
Then how do you want to see or find your missing money ,she says because we are neighbors she doesn't want any problem ,my husband said to her face that in this kind of case you have to put emotion aside and deal with facts ,she insisted she's not interested ,after then I keep hearing different stories ,I was being Accused wrongly , people keep saying the phone was charged in my place ,and yes I understand and I'm a suspect and not yet a criminal until proven by the law .

My husband and I took the matter to police station on 26th of February 2024 , so they will intervened ,they took our statement and we left . On 27th I got a call from the police station to come over that the woman we reported is around ,we quickly dress up with my baby to obey the call ,when we got there ,the police made me to understand that I'm a suspect ,and the woman has a bold case more than mine ,what I reported was defamation of character ,what she reported was a case of stealing ,they asked the woman if she's interested in making case with me she said no , she signed that she's no longer interested in the case ,so I was put behind the canter ,and my husband was asked to bail me .
My husband can't watch his son and wife behind police canter .
He paid and we left , I was advised by the police not to make trouble with the woman
I went through stress with my 4 months old baby yet didn't get justice

How do I explain that I am innocent of the whole thing

I have learnt my lesson the hard way; there are limits to being good.

Please share this story someone might learn one or two lessons from it 🙏"

I am Afolayan-julius Oluwatosin Deborah
And this is my story 🙏

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: True Life Story: Why You Should Be Careful Of Whom You Help by amnesty7: 8:31am On Mar 02
Ok
Re: True Life Story: Why You Should Be Careful Of Whom You Help by EreluRoz: 8:33am On Mar 02
Such a sad story, you people should have insisted on tracing the money by asking her for her bank transactions and every other details.

5 Likes

Re: True Life Story: Why You Should Be Careful Of Whom You Help by thesolutions(m): 8:40am On Mar 02
EreluRoz:
Such a sad story, you people should have insisted on tracing the money by asking her for her bank transactions and every other details.
Police is your friend. Have you not heard about that before. Try to understand what that statement means.
If she is ready for case, she should go to any high court and open a case file because the police will side with a trouble maker as long as they know the victim will drop something. In my own case, a police officer was begging the DPO to hand over a case reported against me to him because he has found something to hold on to make me drop something even when it was obvious the complainant had fraudulent intentions.

3 Likes

Re: True Life Story: Why You Should Be Careful Of Whom You Help by MumEmdy(f): 8:51am On Mar 02
Moneyfem:
"My neighbor sent her daughter to charge her phone in my place on the 17th of this month which happens to be a Saturday around 11 am in the morning , after which my generator went off about 10 - 15 minutes later the same daughter came to take the phone and power bank away ,to go charge in there place because they are done fixing there generator only for this Neighbor of mine to come back about 3:30 pm in the evening that the sum of #150,000 has been deducted from her account ,I ask if she has reveal any of her banking details to anyone she said no ,I made her understand the need to go to the bank to know exactly what went wrong with her account ,I asked she blocked her account so no further transaction Will take place until the situation is resolved ,she thank me and left .
The following day happens to be a Sunday this woman went to the Estate community to report me ,they summoned me and husband and asked several questions
The woman told them I know her phone password , I asked how ??
She then flashed back to about 4 months ago when I just had my baby Around November 2023 my baby was just few days old then ,she came to me truly that her WhatsApp app was outdated and needs to be updated she said she don't know how to do it ,I foolishly collected her phone and update the app in the cause of trying to update the app,I discovered her phone was locked i informed her she made mentioned of her password ,while the update was on, a call came in ,I returned her phone to her and tell her once the rolling circle on playstore got to 100 percent ,you will just click on enable ,your app will be updated that was all .
She held on to that to use against me ,I told her straight to her face I know nothing about your missing money ,

My husband summoned her before the community again that let's involve the necessary Authorities so as to know the truth of the matter ,she and her husband bluntly refused stating that they are not interested in any case ,
Then how do you want to see or find your missing money ,she says because we are neighbors she doesn't want any problem ,my husband said to her face that in this kind of case you have to put emotion aside and deal with facts ,she insisted she's not interested ,after then I keep hearing different stories ,I was being Accused wrongly , people keep saying the phone was charged in my place ,and yes I understand and I'm a suspect and not yet a criminal until proven by the law .

My husband and I took the matter to police station on 26th of February 2024 , so they will intervened ,they took our statement and we left . On 27th I got a call from the police station to come over that the woman we reported is around ,we quickly dress up with my baby to obey the call ,when we got there ,the police made me to understand that I'm a suspect ,and the woman has a bold case more than mine ,what I reported was defamation of character ,what she reported was a case of stealing ,they asked the woman if she's interested in making case with me she said no , she signed that she's no longer interested in the case ,so I was put behind the canter ,and my husband was asked to bail me .
My husband can't watch his son and wife behind police canter .
He paid and we left , I was advised by the police not to make trouble with the woman
I went through stress with my 4 months old baby yet didn't get justice

How do I explain that I am innocent of the whole thing

I have learnt my lesson the hard way; there are limits to being good.

Please share this story someone might learn one or two lessons from it 🙏"

I am Afolayan-julius Oluwatosin Deborah
And this is my story 🙏

I know how you feel and I wish you can proof your innocences. I don't know how it's being done maybe you should seek the service of a lawyer. Sorry please!!!
Re: True Life Story: Why You Should Be Careful Of Whom You Help by Stevenbright(m): 9:01am On Mar 02
To state it more clearly, being kind or good to people in this country is something one must do with care and selectively too. This is because those helped will in most cases in the long run see the helper as weak or foolish and must therefore continue to be used. Anytime the help stops, that person is now claiming wise and must be taught a lesson.

So, never show off but always display signs of lack or need through causal complains about the country. Also, beware of unnecessary closeness to neighborhs as they are generally ungrateful.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: True Life Story: Why You Should Be Careful Of Whom You Help by illicit(m): 9:02am On Mar 02
Just forget about it

2 Likes

Re: True Life Story: Why You Should Be Careful Of Whom You Help by Jeon(f): 9:14am On Mar 02
This is why I dy live every Nigerian with their wahala.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: True Life Story: Why You Should Be Careful Of Whom You Help by godofuck231: 9:58am On Mar 02
When the devil is crying you don't go to hell to pet him , you will not return

1 Like

Re: True Life Story: Why You Should Be Careful Of Whom You Help by WantsandMore: 12:48pm On Mar 02
I just slide an extension outside for the neighbors & close my door. Charge at owners risk, if your phone has a problem take it to the technician. It's mean but saves you alot of trouble

2 Likes

Re: True Life Story: Why You Should Be Careful Of Whom You Help by Orire01(m): 1:41pm On Mar 02
#150k was stolen from an account and the owner isn't interested in following the money? ....

I'm guessing probably nah the account owner husband transferred the money or there is a loan debt of #150k on same day, which she discovered later after the community meeting nah why she no wan pursue the case and she also refused to tell the truth by keeping up with the lies just to save her face.

Best thing is to insist on seeing her statement of account to vindicate yourself by keeping a copy of this to show the street gossipers but she won't agree to this.

One life hard lessons LEARNED!

2 Likes

Re: True Life Story: Why You Should Be Careful Of Whom You Help by Biglittlelois(f): 1:59pm On Mar 02
150k was missing and they refuse to pursue the case? They obviously know what happened to that money but keeping up with the lies to save face, at your detriment unfortunately, if only you can get her bank statement to clear your name, so sorry.

2 Likes

Re: True Life Story: Why You Should Be Careful Of Whom You Help by Stevenbright(m): 4:55pm On Mar 02
Biglittlelois:
150k was missing and they refuse to pursue the case? They obviously know what happened to that money but keeping up with the lies to save face, at your detriment unfortunately, if only you can get her bank statement to clear your name, so sorry.

No money is missing. They did the said transfer themselves reason why they avoided proper investigation. They actually bribed their way out at the police station to avoid the case being investigated.

They felt spited or humiliated that their phone and powerbank were only allowed to charge for just 10 to 15mins and hence the need to teach the neighbors a lesson that will also make them prove they are rich.

3 Likes

Re: True Life Story: Why You Should Be Careful Of Whom You Help by Kinghenry1315: 5:01pm On Mar 02
You are supposed to tell the police that you need to get to the bottom of the whole thing you want to trace the money transaction police was only interested in getting money out of the case not to vindicate you,you husband should have mentioned that he is going to involve his lawyer for the deformation of his wife character and that you shall meet in court the police would have done the needful
Re: True Life Story: Why You Should Be Careful Of Whom You Help by eniolorunfe: 5:07pm On Mar 02
Why didn’t you and your husband/ the Estate community insist on seeing the statement of account?
Re: True Life Story: Why You Should Be Careful Of Whom You Help by mysticwarrior(m): 5:09pm On Mar 02
Next time you should request for a bank statement to indicate the account the 150k was transferred to and the date and time the money was transferred would be clearly indicated in the bank statement.
Re: True Life Story: Why You Should Be Careful Of Whom You Help by Nemesis0147(m): 5:27pm On Mar 02
You and your husband no sabi case.
Arrest that woman for defamation of character and false accusations…..involve a lawyer too..
Let them print the statement of account……that’s if you have money to throw around oh.

Infact your estate community no try….what type of estate is that?
Call for estate meeting and tell them say u no gree

2 Likes

Re: True Life Story: Why You Should Be Careful Of Whom You Help by Verbtips(m): 7:43pm On Mar 02
My eye nw is filled with blood becus of humanity i help people for things that is not WORTH MENTIONING 90% HUMANS ARE COWS AM MAN WHICH HAPPEN TO BE MY NIEGHBOUR GIFTED A WOMAN A RAPA SHE USED IT AGAINST HIM MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE I PREFARE HELPING PERSON ONLINE THAT I KNOW NOT THAN MY RELATED BLOOD BUT I THANK GOD MY FATHER GAVE 5 OF US TEACHING IN A GODLY WAY THAT WHY I ALWAYS THINK OF MY SIBLINGS BUT FOR EXTENDED NO GO AREA AND SO CALL NEIGHBOUR GOOD MORNING GOOD MORNING I COME BACK LOCK MY SELF IN SIDE MY ROOM

1 Like

Re: True Life Story: Why You Should Be Careful Of Whom You Help by RaySimran: 9:24pm On Mar 02
Seems you're easily intimidated. Your neighbour knows this so well and she's milking it psychologically.

In circumstances such as this, the pursuit of innocency must be feircely applied, don't take a word from your accuser even if she repented midway.

Aggresively insist on her getting the bank statement, inform your lawyer for paper works.

In this part of the world people get-away with defamation because we think going to court are for moneybags.

1 Like

Re: True Life Story: Why You Should Be Careful Of Whom You Help by CandidAdmin(m): 10:05pm On Mar 02
Some people need help while some aren't worth it.
Re: True Life Story: Why You Should Be Careful Of Whom You Help by Jewessgratitud3: 10:20pm On Mar 02
That case is a very delicate one and with all fingers pointing at you as the suspect, you should have let it died when the told you to drop it. You trying to prove a point without evidence will only implicate you further more because truth be told even.me Im suspecting you. How come the her money never went missing until she brought it to your house and you have her pin from the past? So you see? she has a stronger case than you, so let it be.

Im not calling you a thief. Just saying anyone who hears this will see you as the first suspect. Just let the matter die.
Re: True Life Story: Why You Should Be Careful Of Whom You Help by Hisimperialmaje(m): 10:27pm On Mar 02
There's limit to helping people o!
Re: True Life Story: Why You Should Be Careful Of Whom You Help by KillahPriest: 10:33pm On Mar 02
Imagine both husband and wife being oppressed in such a straight forward case. I can't even believe the Nigerian Police will act in such a stupid easy, most senior officers who hear the case will ask for bank statements to be produced. It is well
Re: True Life Story: Why You Should Be Careful Of Whom You Help by Gadafii: 12:05am On Mar 03
You guys could have asked her to provide the details of the transaction, name ad account number of the beneficiary provided by her bank, that could have helped you even without reporting to the police

If Nigerian police is not fuckeddd, that’s what they should have demanded, account statements on the said date and who received the funds, but the police is dogshiit

Sorry this happened to you, but next time no gree for anybody ooo, you for don change am for her straight with red eyes and demand for her account statements to back her claim

The moment you and your husband opted to settle indicated weakness or culpability, why you go dey settle Wetin you no do
Re: True Life Story: Why You Should Be Careful Of Whom You Help by dkidd: 1:13am On Mar 03
Stevenbright:
To state it more clear, being kind or good to people in this country is something one must do with care and selectively too. This is because those helped will in most cases in the long run see the helper as weak or foolish and must therefore continue to be used. Anytime the help stops, that person is now claiming wise and must be taught a lesson.

So, never show off but always display signs of lack or need through causal complains about the country. Also, beware of unnecessary closeness to neighborhs as they are generally ungrateful.
The bold is very important if u want to avoid see finish
Re: True Life Story: Why You Should Be Careful Of Whom You Help by MONEY247: 5:07am On Mar 03
I know you don't want trouble, but me I have started liking wahala recently,
Let them go and print a bank statement, to validate the transaction, ....

We will now know who's lying....
False accusation pains alot...

I remember one time ago, we(me and my. Brothers) were told to stay with a little girl in the house... because the mother travelled, the next
Morning the woman started shouting that we raped the girl....first of at that time I don't even know where a woman virginal is, and I was grown,I was so churchy ...I don't even know about sex...

So how can sleep with the girl....I hated the woman with my life.... but time healed me...
Help is good....no doubt but I don't why people use as an advantage to accuse someone, some persons even pre-plan the scam and one can just fall victim
Re: True Life Story: Why You Should Be Careful Of Whom You Help by michlins(m): 6:24am On Mar 03
The woman knows what happened to the money. Probably the daughter withdrew the money and spent it.

She knows if investigations go further, the daughter will be implicated. Let her bring the date and time of transaction to crosscheck with the time the phone was with you
Re: True Life Story: Why You Should Be Careful Of Whom You Help by Silentgroper(m): 6:44am On Mar 03
How come nobody's thought has tilted towards the daughter ..

If anyone else knows that phone's passcode then it's their daughter ...

2. Phone passcode and bank app passcode are different .. she wouldn't have used the same passcode for both... Heck she doesn't need a passcode for the bank app, she could have used finger print or face id ...

They should be looking toward their daughter's direction after anybody else..
Re: True Life Story: Why You Should Be Careful Of Whom You Help by richiemcgold: 8:08am On Mar 03
You should have involved a lawyer before reporting at the police station
Re: True Life Story: Why You Should Be Careful Of Whom You Help by safarifarms(m): 10:27am On Mar 03
Moneyfem:
" 🙏
I suspect their daughter who brought the phone to you did this.

This is a matter that they can report to the recipients bank and get their money back instead of accusing someone without concrete evidence.

The police didn't do well at all. They are often more interested in making money out of cases than doing investigation. As the so called suspect has denied taking the money then they should get the details of the money recipient and find out who the person is. But they are more interested in putting someone behind the counter to get illegal bail money.

I think you should get a lawyer involved on this case. The lawyer should have even gone with you to the police especially when the woman was invited.

And then you shouldn't advice others not to help people. The mistake you made was collecting the password. You should avoid getting or knowing people's passwords especially passwords to sensitive devices like phones.

(1) (Reply)

The Five Factors For A Phenomenal Family / Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? / Briton, Neil Crampton, Sentenced For Murdering Nigerian Wife & Two Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.