Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,462 members, 7,861,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:01 AM

Your Phone: An Asset Or A Nuisance? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Your Phone: An Asset Or A Nuisance? (2984 Views)

Poll: Your Phone? An Asset? A Nuisance? Vote!

Asset: 80% (4 votes)
Nuisance: 0% (0 votes)
Not Sure: 0% (0 votes)
Don't Know: 0% (0 votes)
What?: 20% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Text & Call Ads By Telecom Service Providers, A Rising Norm Or A Nuisance? / MTN Numerous Meaningless Text Messages Are Becoming A Nuisance / Mtn 3gb Night Plan - A Fraud Or A Nuisance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Phone: An Asset Or A Nuisance? by OldGlory1(m): 7:55pm On Jul 03, 2006
Not a thing Bro!!!
Re: Your Phone: An Asset Or A Nuisance? by otokx(m): 8:11pm On Jul 03, 2006
my phone(s) are assets, keeping in touch by the minute is something required by my lifestyle.
Re: Your Phone: An Asset Or A Nuisance? by hotangel2(f): 8:39pm On Jul 03, 2006
Asset. Love my phone.

I mean, that thing is deffinitely and ASSET!
Re: Your Phone: An Asset Or A Nuisance? by Eurphoria(f): 11:44pm On Jul 03, 2006
Mine is a great asset i get alot of calls through mine due to the nature of my job. I dont get calls i dont get paid smiley
Re: Your Phone: An Asset Or A Nuisance? by IBBFan(m): 12:51am On Jul 04, 2006
"nuisancstically nonsensetical". that should explain why i didn't get mad when my cousin blocked my glo line and now i'm stuck on the econet (which only came back on about 2 weeks ago after a period of negligence). but damn!!! everybody was screaming at me to get at least 1 phone back on so they'd know i'm alive (f**k it!! who cares?!). i used to be a handset freak (generally all makes) but none of them'll give me quality sound like Sony Ericsson and that explains why i've been using my S700i (truthfully, i don't have money to get a higher phone for now sha) for like 10 months now. in the near future, i'm thinking of getting the M600i and then finally settling with the Motorola v66 (wetin dey make u laugh?)

cool cool cool
Re: Your Phone: An Asset Or A Nuisance? by mide2(f): 2:35am On Jul 04, 2006
My phone is a valued asset to me but more than a nuisance to my family because it never stops ringing. My Bf and i keep flashing one another if possible every minute of the day, including several calls just to say I LOVE YOU. My mom has stoped raking about it, i guess she's used to the sound now.
Re: Your Phone: An Asset Or A Nuisance? by Chuckdee(m): 6:52am On Jul 04, 2006
, My Phones are my greatest assets, at least for the moment!, What with all my contacts, my files and my programes crammed into it, no way, cant do without them. My major phone with my MAJOR line- MTN is a PDA Phone--an XDA2i. It runs a microsoft windows mobile edition software and is realy very fast-almost a pentium III cos it runs @ a speed of 520 Mhz, wifi, bluetooth, infrared. (http://www.my-xda.com/xda2i.html),

As an IT guy, all my necessary docs, files and programes are crammed into this machine and so i never lack any info no matter where i am, all my mails and txt are synched from my PC to my phone and are always updated. And what else, with my JABRA BT250v handsfree, my productivity is at the climax!!, And when i want to recline, i have full  MP4 dvd movies crammed into my 1Gig SD card plus load of Mp3s, e-books games that will make you go gaga!! cool
My second line is somewhat less usefull to me cos anywan that has the number must surely have my other line just acts as an alternate contact, an its a nokia phone with GLO installed wink
For sure, my phone is more than an asset to me.
Re: Your Phone: An Asset Or A Nuisance? by mamaput(f): 9:17pm On Jul 04, 2006
MY house phone i do not need it the kids get more calls than i do.
my cell phone i had to get one . the only one that calls me is my boss to live instructions.
Re: Your Phone: An Asset Or A Nuisance? by kbstar(m): 8:38pm On Jul 05, 2006
My phone is an asset but some folks make it look like a nuisance

I get an average of 20 calls per day and an average of 50 flashes daily
Re: Your Phone: An Asset Or A Nuisance? by vickybabe(f): 10:05pm On Jul 05, 2006
my phone is an assest ofcourse, what would i do without it just kidding

there is too much personal stuff on there.

even though i get over 20 flashes from my naija friends everyday

then my phone is a nuisance considering the bills
Re: Your Phone: An Asset Or A Nuisance? by OldGlory1(m): 10:31pm On Jul 05, 2006
Yeah Vickybabe

I feel you, what is up with all the Flashes from Nigeria. I do not get it. I now have to keep a Phone card stand-by just in-case.
Re: Your Phone: An Asset Or A Nuisance? by nairaman18(m): 5:11pm On Jul 06, 2006
Hehe! very funny i'd say. The Phone thing has became a controversial issue here, i think we shoudnt be sceptical here, a telephone is a necesity period!
Re: Your Phone: An Asset Or A Nuisance? by disney(f): 10:19pm On Jul 06, 2006
For we ladies, our phone is very necessary, just imagine a guy wants to rape ya in the middle of no way, just dial 911. I have heard of many chicks that have been saved just because of their cell phone oooooooo.
Re: Your Phone: An Asset Or A Nuisance? by IBBFan(m): 11:42pm On Jul 06, 2006
disney, what about in a country like naija where the emergency number is 999, but still doesn't work? as a matter of fact, dem go 1st thief d fone (if e get level) before dem unleash their "crouching python" for ur "hidden beaver".
Re: Your Phone: An Asset Or A Nuisance? by Seun(m): 12:09am On Jul 07, 2006
disney, why should you be going out with a guy who'll do such a thing? Why allow him to date your friends?
Re: Your Phone: An Asset Or A Nuisance? by disney(f): 3:14am On Jul 07, 2006
Seun, you got me all wrong. Am talking of guys that rape chicks (criminals) , bla bla.
Re: Your Phone: An Asset Or A Nuisance? by ddizzle(f): 3:17am On Jul 07, 2006
my phone is an asset baby pda phones are hard to come by and i can advertise my music by adding it as my ringtone thoh it has caused me pain, cuz like one day i pretended like i was talking to someone to make my boy jealous and he called me and the shit rang lol,
Re: Your Phone: An Asset Or A Nuisance? by vickybabe(f): 10:34pm On Jul 12, 2006
@ old glory

yeah i keep at least two callin card in my wallet everyday
Re: Your Phone: An Asset Or A Nuisance? by dominobaby(f): 9:57pm On Jul 14, 2006
Ma phone is definetly an asset to me!
Re: Your Phone: An Asset Or A Nuisance? by sirmusty(m): 6:49pm On Jul 17, 2006
My Fones are assets cos i am a sucker for fones. They tend to b nuissance wen i get unwanted calls and txt msgs
Re: Your Phone: An Asset Or A Nuisance? by MissLollie(f): 11:44am On Jul 19, 2006
Chuckdee:

, My Phones are my greatest assets, at least for the moment!, What with all my contacts, my files and my programes crammed into it, no way, can't do without them. My major phone with my MAJOR line- MTN is a PDA Phone--an XDA2i. It runs a microsoft windows mobile edition software and is realy very fast-almost a pentium III because it runs @ a speed of 520 Mhz, wifi, bluetooth, infrared. (http://www.my-xda.com/xda2i.html),

As an IT guy, all my necessary docs, files and programes are crammed into this machine and so i never lack any info no matter where i am, all my mails and txt are synched from my PC to my phone and are always updated. And what else, with my JABRA BT250v handsfree, my productivity is at the climax!!, And when i want to recline, i have full MP4 dvd movies crammed into my 1Gig SD card plus load of Mp3s, e-books games that will make you go gaga!! cool
My second line is somewhat less usefull to me because anywan that has the number must surely have my other line just acts as an alternate contact, an its a nokia phone with GLO installed wink
For sure, my phone is more than an asset to me.

Ahh Chuckdee you need to upgrade to the pro, I just picked up a 2gig SD card off ebay for under £25!! I've got my 512 for music, my 1gig for my tom tom sat nav programme and other bits files and my 2 gig for dvds etc,

My phone is an extension of me. It's not a phone it's a life solution! I've converted both my bosses and my boyfriend, I'm on a mission to XDA Exec /MDA Pro the world!

Of course you have to have your other phone lines. Different numbers for different people, lol
Re: Your Phone: An Asset Or A Nuisance? by SvS(f): 12:14pm On Jul 24, 2006
its an asset for me
Re: Your Phone: An Asset Or A Nuisance? by Chuckdee(m): 9:45pm On Aug 06, 2006
@MissLollie
Hey sista! You sure know how to kick ass wit em HTC machines, keep it up. How i soo much wish i could get my hands on the pro, You know i am in Nigeria and it took my more than 2 yrs longing n wishing to lay my hands in the XDA b4 i finally got the XDA2i coutesy of a pal in UK.
What i can do to get a pro or JAsjar

How much joes the pro cost at the moment??

ChuckDee
Re: Your Phone: An Asset Or A Nuisance? by bucknor33(m): 1:36am On Aug 07, 2006
nothing compares to my fone.i gat a complete bible,games, lovely jams,quite slim motorola L7. i feel cool with it.yeah man no nuisance.
Re: Your Phone: An Asset Or A Nuisance? by Chidi4u(m): 9:08pm On Jun 22, 2008
Mine is my personal assistant internet modem my link to the world infact it is my must useful property and best pal cannot stay 30 mins without it
Re: Your Phone: An Asset Or A Nuisance? by DualCore1: 9:19pm On Jun 22, 2008
Chidi, u need Jesus. Lmao.
Re: Your Phone: An Asset Or A Nuisance? by hayprof(m): 9:59pm On Jun 22, 2008
. . .@ 9.am on a Sunday morning? grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

SIM contact Back-up On PC. How? / MTN did not Stop SME Data Share / First 2016 Smartphone Sold Out In Nigerian Markets [HOT]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.