Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,207 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar (24515 Views)

Nigerians Experience Relief As Prices Of Sugar, Indomie, Others Drop / Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President / Nigerian Families Struggle To Survive As Food Prices Soar - Al Jazeera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:59pm On Mar 02
Tinubu want everybody including children to start learning how to fast.

1 Like

Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by Cantonese: 2:00pm On Mar 02
Buy donuts, chicken pies, etc.
Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by Angelfrost(m): 2:00pm On Mar 02
I don't understand how y'all raised your kids to be so dependent on expensive junk meals...!
Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by Theunbothered: 2:01pm On Mar 02
Chrisrare:
everybody mustn't eat noodles
That's what they said about rice, soon even water they'll say we must not eat. undecided

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by Nteogwuija(m): 2:02pm On Mar 02
naijanaso:
I just don't understand why this junk food price will be soaring like DStv price per second.
In the first place, I don't even see Indomie as a healthy food.
If Nigerians can just forget the fast nature of cooking this wormlike food for a while, the price will drop flat by force.

People are still buying in cartons. That indomie is one food that I rarely crave.

3 Likes

Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by AfahaAbia(m): 2:02pm On Mar 02
Indians have finished this country. Dufil and Multipro owners of Indomie keep on increasing their prices of Indomie every month. This is unacceptable!! The Nigerian government should look in to this immediately

4 Likes

Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by MajorOvakporaye(f): 2:03pm On Mar 02
Watianoengineer:
No matter how hard the economy of the jungle is, a lion will never eat grass. We believe in president Tinubu's reforms and at the end of it all we shall all smile and thank God.

Illiterate

2 Likes

Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by LeeSmart: 2:03pm On Mar 02
Just this morning my olori bought 3carton of it (the medium size) at the rate of #39000. My daughter loves noodles so i just had buy.

2 Likes

Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by OgaTheTop2: 2:03pm On Mar 02
Jennyclay:
Even though naira gets to #3000 per dollar I will not suffer with Nigerians undecided

No matter how costly things are I would still afford them. I went to market today and things were very cost but I still bought all my usual ingredients without lamenting.

Thank God I voted for my baby boo Peter Obi.
Me too. Make dem do anyhow they want in naija I will never be poor. Thunder fire poverty in my life.. As for those agbado people, I just dey look them...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by ENDTIMEISNEAR: 2:04pm On Mar 02
Watianoengineer:
No matter how hard the economy of the jungle is, a lion will never eat grass. We believe in president Tinubu's reforms and at the end of it all we shall all smile and thank God.
You and who will smile Mumuu Boy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by ScamDemicEra: 2:04pm On Mar 02
Watianoengineer:

........ delusion of the highest order !, surprised to see this many street level satanists still defending glaring evil after Buhari's 8 years holocaust !

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by Massiveglory: 2:04pm On Mar 02
Watianoengineer:

I for lay curse on you, but on a second thought i see you are already a cursed being, so i pass.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by OgaTheTop2: 2:05pm On Mar 02
Watianoengineer:
Speak for yourself and leave well meaning Nigerians out of your Tinubu hopeless reform. undecided

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by harsysky(m): 2:06pm On Mar 02

May God continue to bless Tinubu with long life!

Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by Sijo01(f): 2:06pm On Mar 02
Once we exhaust the one at home now, no more 😔

2 Likes

Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by zombieHUNTER: 2:07pm On Mar 02
Watianoengineer:

what exactly is he reforming?..

The olodo is paying more subsidy now after removing subsidy without any plans for the effect .. everything has spiraled out of control and subsidy is back in full force..

Anyone who tells you to suffer now to enjoy tomorrow is lying to you..
You voted Buhari twice so WTF ..
you can't comprehend what I'm saying

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by Naturalista(f): 2:07pm On Mar 02
Seequadry:
Dem no dey tell person na....indomie 400/1

Na beans I dey eat all this while 🙄....e con be like say beans of today no dey take time to done anymore 😂😂

Lol
Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by oyoofong(m): 2:08pm On Mar 02
The price have been reduced!
Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by StraightGaay: 2:08pm On Mar 02
Jennyclay:
Even though naira gets to #3000 per dollar I will not suffer with Nigerians undecided

No matter how costly things are I would still afford them. I went to market today and things were very cost but I still bought all my usual ingredients without lamenting.

I love you

2 Likes

Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by babaRUNtinz(m): 2:09pm On Mar 02
400naira for the smallest indomitables, God forbids I buy it with my money!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by yomi531(m): 2:09pm On Mar 02
I'm redeemed to flourish in hard times

3 Likes

Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by HeatSeeker(m): 2:09pm On Mar 02
AfahaAbia:
Indians have finished this country. Dufil and Multipro owners of Indomie keep on increasing their prices of Indomie every month. This is unacceptable!! The Nigerian government should look in to this immediately

Actually, it's the Indonesians wink

Anyway...

This is the time for full import substitution. Cassava flour should exclusively be used to produce noodles in Nigeria. If they can't do so, then they should increase the Cassava component of the composite flour they use to about 50% so that least the cost of the final product will be a bit less.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by JooEeL(m): 2:12pm On Mar 02
I SAY UNA GO SUFFER TIRE. UNA GO SEE SAND FOR GROUND, UNA GO THINK SAY NA GARRI.

WE DEY SHOUT ODUDUWA AND BIAFRA, UNA DEY MOCK US FA?

1 Like

Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by Draslo(m): 2:14pm On Mar 02
Jennyclay:

The worst person to lie to is yourself

1 Like

Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by Sleekfingers: 2:15pm On Mar 02
naijanaso:
I just don't understand why this junk food price will be soaring like DStv price per second.
In the first place, I don't even see Indomie as a healthy food.
If Nigerians can just forget the fast nature of cooking this wormlike food for a while, the price will drop flat by force.

There are numerous ways to prepare noodles to make it healthy. But majority of Nigerians just prepare it like that, with boiled or fried eggs.

I eat noodles ones in a while with my kids. I prepare it with lots of vegetables( carrots, scallion, peas, runner beans, sweet corn, red/green/ yellow bell pepper etc poultry or seafood. And I don't use the seasoning in the pack.

Not the poverty noodles most Nigerians dey eat

2 Likes

Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by Bigprik: 2:16pm On Mar 02
[quote author=Jennyclay post=128739214]Even though naira gets to #3000 per dollar I will not suffer with Nigerians undecided

Thank God I voted for my baby boo Peter Obi.[maybe your customers plenty that why you are ok, keep on knacking it pays 😏]
Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by aribisala0(m): 2:17pm On Mar 02
Back to made in Nigeria
Eat cocoyam
Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by TalkingBird: 2:18pm On Mar 02
The sales ate dropping
Jobs will be cut
Many more will become jobless

Beginning of harder times.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by ObalendeCMS: 2:23pm On Mar 02
Indomie wey we dey by 15 naira (small) abi na 25 naira (big) that time.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by Panda7(m): 2:23pm On Mar 02
Those parents are not very wise if they cannot cultivate enough for crops for the year grin grin
Money isn't everything after all cheesy cheesy
Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by Ebukamatth(m): 2:23pm On Mar 02
This country is not for the weak

Only the strong can survive

I sell electrical stuff like lights and pipe
Contact on my signature

2 Likes

Re: Economic Hardship: Parents Shun Noodles As Prices Soar by Creamypie(m): 2:24pm On Mar 02
Yahoo boys girlfriends will soon be discharged, na noodles be their food, morning till evening......and their papa na one room them dey stay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is The Best Swallow For Oha Soup? / Operation: I Must Get Fat! / Why You Should Eat Avocados

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.