Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

What's Wrong Cooking With White Maggi(Ajinomoto Or Vedan)? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What's Wrong Cooking With White Maggi(Ajinomoto Or Vedan)? (750 Views)

MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval / Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show / Why You Need To Start Cooking With Okazi Leaves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Wrong Cooking With White Maggi(Ajinomoto Or Vedan)? by Truvelisback(m): 7:32pm On Mar 02
Good day, fellas. Why do some or most Nigerians forbid using white maggi? I'm yet to know why. Infact, if you are caught using it, you are seen as a sinner or as someone who has commited an abomination. This has caused some folks to hide to use it.
Re: What's Wrong Cooking With White Maggi(Ajinomoto Or Vedan)? by advanceDNA: 7:49pm On Mar 02
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. Why do some or most Nigerians forbid using white maggi? I'm yet to know why. Infact, if you are caught using it, you are seen as a sinner or as someone who has commited an abomination. This has caused some folks to hide to use it.

Ajinomoto na family of Monosodium glutamate naaaa.... Read up man...enuf research on its negative effect

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/agricultural-and-biological-sciences/monosodium-glutamate#:~:text=The%20adverse%20effects%20of%20MSG,in%20both%20females%20and%20males.

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong Cooking With White Maggi(Ajinomoto Or Vedan)? by Truvelisback(m): 7:59pm On Mar 02
advanceDNA:

Ajinomoto na family Monosodium glutamate naaaa.... Read up man...enuf research on its negative effect

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/agricultural-and-biological-sciences/monosodium-glutamate#:~:text=The%20adverse%20effects%20of%20MSG,in%20both%20females%20and%20males.

Aproko Doctor said there is nothing wrong about using White maggi. He said that it has advantages than the ones people like.
Re: What's Wrong Cooking With White Maggi(Ajinomoto Or Vedan)? by advanceDNA: 8:00pm On Mar 02
Truvelisback:
Aproko Doctor said there is nothing wrong about using White maggi. He said that it has advantages than the ones people like.

Advice na like biscuit....na take it or leave it....

No Maggi is good for ur health on the long run

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong Cooking With White Maggi(Ajinomoto Or Vedan)? by fobell06: 8:11pm On Mar 02
It's used for washing white dirty clothes.

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong Cooking With White Maggi(Ajinomoto Or Vedan)? by mariahAngel(f): 8:14pm On Mar 02
It can make one addicted to food it is cooked with, if eaten frequently.
That is why many people are hooked on noodles.
It also causes water retention, making one look bloated.

Try as much as possible to cook the meals you can with natural ingredients.

2 Likes

Re: What's Wrong Cooking With White Maggi(Ajinomoto Or Vedan)? by michlins(m): 8:50pm On Mar 02
advanceDNA:

Ajinomoto na family of Monosodium glutamate naaaa.... Read up man...enuf research on its negative effect

it's actually better than nacl because of lack of sodium which increases risk of cardiovascular diseases.

Aproko doctor did an expose on it recently
Re: What's Wrong Cooking With White Maggi(Ajinomoto Or Vedan)? by advanceDNA: 8:55pm On Mar 02
michlins:
it's actually better than nacl because of lack of sodium which increases risk of cardiovascular diseases.

Aproko doctor did an expose on it recently
U mean C5H8NNaO4 lacks sodium(Na)... Lol

Let's just follow ur aproko doc for a second ....so because it doesnt cause cardiovascular risk as u claim....does that mean it doesnt cause another thing ??

There are countless research on MSG....please read....
Re: What's Wrong Cooking With White Maggi(Ajinomoto Or Vedan)? by adamusuleiman1: 10:04pm On Mar 02
Msg is bad. Same stuff in noodles.

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong Cooking With White Maggi(Ajinomoto Or Vedan)? by HeatSeeker(m): 3:33am On Mar 03
Truvelisback:

He is right. There really is nothing wrong with the use, but there is everything wrong with its abuse. The real issue is that modern food manufacturers are abusing its usage. Adding it into food in different forms and different levels of purity. Too much of it can affect brain function in the long term, and it has been implicated as part of what can lead to Alzheimers disease.
Re: What's Wrong Cooking With White Maggi(Ajinomoto Or Vedan)? by HeatSeeker(m): 3:37am On Mar 03
advanceDNA:

U mean C5H8NNaO4 lacks sodium(Na)... Lol

Let's just follow ur aproko doc for a second ....so because it doesnt cause cardiovascular risk as u claim....does that mean it doesnt cause another thing ??

There are countless research on MSG....please read....

Bros calm down. I have also done some research on it. Right from the manufacturing to consumption, and I can tell you that there is no conclusive research that shows that it is harmful to health when consumed in the right quantities. The Asians actually invented it as a replacement for salt, and preferentially I would rather have it in my food than NaCl.

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong Cooking With White Maggi(Ajinomoto Or Vedan)? by HeatSeeker(m): 3:39am On Mar 03
mariahAngel:
It can make one addicted to food it is cooked with, if eaten frequently.
That is why many people are hooked on noodles.
It also causes water retention, making one look bloated.

Try as much as possible to cook the meals you can with natural ingredients.

Glutamate is a natural occurring compound. Trying to say msg is different from glutamate is just being funny. In their ionic forms, glutamate and msg are the very same.

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong Cooking With White Maggi(Ajinomoto Or Vedan)? by advanceDNA: 6:35am On Mar 03
HeatSeeker:

Bros calm down. I have also done some research on it. Right from the manufacturing to consumption, and I can tell you that there is no conclusive research that shows that it is harmful to health when consumed in the right quantities. The Asians actually invented it as a replacement for salt, and preferentially I would rather have it in my food than NaCl.
I dont get ....I should calm down?? How did we arrive at u telling me to calm down...we dey fight before?

U made a claim that MSG doesn't have sodium.....so I showed u the formular and asked u if u ddnt see sodium (Na) in MSG as u and the aproko doctor claimed....
Abi no be u claim that not having sodium is why it's better than NaCl ??

Now u are telling me there is no conclusive research..nigga u are funny and evasive...

I don't know which research u read and ur aproko doctor is just playing around with context.....if i tell u beer dont madness does that mean it doesnt cause something else....

.prolonged use and significantly high conc of MSG has been documented to have negative effect on neuro pathways ... we don't have to agree
Re: What's Wrong Cooking With White Maggi(Ajinomoto Or Vedan)? by Jewessgratitud3: 7:31am On Mar 03
Everything is wrong with it. The taste is eeww,

I tried it some 3,years ago just to see if it'll still taste "good " like back in the day when many homes were using it mehn... I nearly puked. It tasted like chemical. I regretted using it that day.

If it's not knorr cubes, forget it.

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong Cooking With White Maggi(Ajinomoto Or Vedan)? by HeatSeeker(m): 8:06am On Mar 03
advanceDNA:

I dont get ....I should calm down?? How did we arrive at u telling me to calm down...we dey fight before?

U made a claim that MSG doesn't have sodium.....so I showed u the formular and asked u if u ddnt see sodium (Na) in MSG as u and the aproko doctor claimed....

Now u are telling me there is no conclusive research..nigga u are funny and evasive...

I don't know which research u read and ur aproko doctor is just playing around with context.....if i tell u beer dont madness does that mean it doesnt cause something else....

.prolonged use and significantly high conc of MSG has been documented to have negative effect on neuro pathways ... we don't have to agree

Like I said, calm down. You actually need to learn how to do so wink

I never made a claim that it does not contain sodium. And there really is no proof of harmful effects of consuming msg, that is why the FDA generally regards it as safe for consumption.

Eating too much sugar can cause health issues, does it mean Sugar is poisonous? Eating too much salt can cause health issues does it mean that salt is poisonous? MSG in itself is not bad when consumed in the right amounts. Of course, excessive amounts can lead to health problems, and that is the issue. At least it should be treated the same way people treat salt and sugar; it should be consumed in moderation.
Re: What's Wrong Cooking With White Maggi(Ajinomoto Or Vedan)? by HeatSeeker(m): 8:10am On Mar 03
Jewessgratitud3:

I tried it some 3,years ago just to see if it'll still taste "good " like back in the day when many homes were using it mehn... I nearly puked. It tasted like chemical. I regretted using it that day.

Know cubes also contains MSG wink

People don't know that many of these things should not really be consumed in their pure form. You can eat 1000g of sugarcane but cannot eat 1000g of pure refined sugar wink

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong Cooking With White Maggi(Ajinomoto Or Vedan)? by Jewessgratitud3: 8:43am On Mar 03
HeatSeeker:

Know cubes also contains MSG wink

People don't know that many of these things should not really be consumed in their pure form. You can eat 1000g of sugarcane but cannot eat 1000g of pure refined sugar wink
I know all seasonings contain MSG but I'm talking about the taste. That ajinomoto taste is awful.
Re: What's Wrong Cooking With White Maggi(Ajinomoto Or Vedan)? by Truvelisback(m): 9:24am On Mar 03
Jewessgratitud3:

My great aunt used it(Vedan) to cook and it tasted nice. Sometimes, once you detest something, it won't taste nice in your mouth.
Re: What's Wrong Cooking With White Maggi(Ajinomoto Or Vedan)? by Truvelisback(m): 9:27am On Mar 03
Jewessgratitud3:

I know all seasonings contain MSG but I'm talking about the taste. That ajinomoto taste is awful.
According to Aproko doctor, he said Knorr and others has it more.
Re: What's Wrong Cooking With White Maggi(Ajinomoto Or Vedan)? by Jewessgratitud3: 9:35am On Mar 03
Truvelisback:
According to Aproko doctor, he said Knorr and others has it more.

You're not getting my point. I'm not about the amount of MSG in anything but the taste, I don't like it.
Re: What's Wrong Cooking With White Maggi(Ajinomoto Or Vedan)? by advanceDNA: 10:30am On Mar 03
HeatSeeker:

Like I said, calm down. You actually need to learn how to do so wink

I never made a claim that it does not contain sodium. .
..u are condescending and it's rude...

lol..but it's normal for people like u becos rather than admit what u said...u want to deflect...

I can see that I lied against you because I want to win money from lying...... u ddnt mentioned MSG doesn't contain sodium earlier and that's it's better than sodium chloride because of this...

grin grin
Re: What's Wrong Cooking With White Maggi(Ajinomoto Or Vedan)? by HeatSeeker(m): 10:46am On Mar 03
advanceDNA:

..u are condescending and it's rude...

lol..but it's normal for people like u becos rather than admit what u said...u want to deflect...

I can see that I lied against you because I want to win money from lying...... u ddnt mentioned MSG doesn't contain sodium earlier and that's it's better than sodium chloride because of this...

grin grin

🤦🏼🤦🏼🤦🏼
Re: What's Wrong Cooking With White Maggi(Ajinomoto Or Vedan)? by Truvelisback(m): 12:52pm On Mar 03
advanceDNA:

I mean normal usage. White maggi or no white maggi, if it is excess, it would cause health issues.

(1) (Reply)

Make Quick Cash From Manure And Fertilizer Production / I Have A Bad Eating Habit - Can You Help? / Seafood Supplies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.