Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,000 members, 7,810,786 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) (13816 Views)

Is Medical Sales Rep A Good Career Or Job? / 100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! / Nigerian Man Turns Down A 200k Job, Because He Loves His Job Of 50k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by kingsley103(m): 10:29am On Mar 04
Well, your situation is quite difficult. I was working in a law firm on the island, I took a pay cut to join a company some years ago in Ikeja, and I would say it was the best decision for me. I fell sick every other day while working on the island because of the stress of waking up early and returning late. Sometimes, it is not all about the money, but your health matters. Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by HopeAlive16(f): 10:29am On Mar 04
LoveTalk:
Hello everyone.

Please, I need your advice as I am confused at the moment.

I am to choose between the job of 130k on the mainland or job of 330k on the island. Pls note that I started the 130k few months ago and I spend 600naira daily on transport (about 13k on transport for a month). It is on the mainland and not far from my area. No traffic or whatsoever. My colleagues are amazing people, and the workplace is super convenient. I didn't apply for the job, but the CEO gave it to me when I messaged him that I needed job, so he decided to help me by giving me the job. He is a good man who cares about people. I can say that he motivates me a lot.

I am to start the 330k soon, but it is on the island, and I am to spend about 4k on transportation (about 90k). I will still have the balance of 240k left on me after removing transportation.
I am confused because I don't know how to discuss it with the CEO who assisted me. I am thinking that he will feel bad, and our relationship will be affected. Sincerely, he is a good man, and he motivates me a lot, but the pay is small compared to the new offer I got.
Both jobs are secured and safe.

Please, Advise me.
Which one should I go for and why?
Thank you.
I just read in one of your post that the job is located in Lekki phase 1. I work around the axis too. Do you plan of coming from the mainland or do you mind we get a place together close to Lekki?
Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by Lomprico2: 10:32am On Mar 04
LoveTalk:
Hello everyone.

I am to choose between the job of 130k on the mainland or job of 330k on the island. Pls note that I started the 130k few months ago and I spend 600naira daily on transport (about 13k on transport for a month). It is on the mainland and not far from my area. No traffic or whatsoever. My colleagues are amazing people, and the workplace is super convenient. I didn't apply for the job, but the CEO gave it to me when I messaged him that I needed job, so he decided to help me by giving me the job. He is a good man who cares about people. I can say that he motivates me a lot.

I am to start the 330k soon, but it is on the island, and I am to spend about 4k on transportation (about 90k). I will still have the balance of 240k left on me after removing transportation.
I am confused because I don't know how to discuss it with the CEO who assisted me. I am thinking that he will feel bad, and our relationship will be affected. Sincerely, he is a good man, and he motivates me a lot, but the pay is small compared to the new offer I got.

Please, Advise me.
Thank you.

Take the 50k job at mowe! undecided
Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by uniquetechng: 10:36am On Mar 04
Sensiblerealist:
The traffic situation is better these days. When they finish this new cycle of unending repairs on 3rd mainland bridge, it will even get better coupled with the red rail line

The traffic situation isn't any better, I frequent Lekki because of my business, I and my wife are already thinking of relocating to the Island this year because of the stress I faced each time I go to the island despite not using public transport.
Train stops at CMS, 3rd mainland bridge has never been a place of traffic if you stay or frequent the Island.
Most times to navigate Bonny camp takes hours because of heavy traffic, and yeah the Lekki Tollgate is there.

2 Likes

Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by mamawa123: 10:40am On Mar 04
LoveTalk:
Hello everyone.

Please, Advise me.
Thank you.

There’s no week that passes that you will not see at least 2 to 3 stories like this here on this forum. 

I don’t know why guys like to disturb themselves by responding to a made-up story like this one.
Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by starpower(m): 10:41am On Mar 04
LoveTalk:
Hello everyone.

Please, Advise me.
Thank you.
it depends on the experience you plan to acquire in each. What are you becoming?. Was paid lower working for my dad, got industry experience and a free mentor, earning 20 times that now, that offer i had then was worth the experience and goals i achieved. Life needs balance above immediate gratification. Know what you are becoming first and who are coming along to support.
Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by buJu234: 10:42am On Mar 04
@your age, both of them looks good.

But go for the one with future career prospects.
Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by remzytimer: 10:43am On Mar 04
Approach your boss and appreciate him for Believing in you and giving you a job when you are seriously in need of one, let him know that you are indebted to him that you will never forget his kind gesture towards you and then tell him that you have secure another job that you have to move on, if possible you have your appointment letter with you, you can show it to him and the choice will now be his, wether to increase your salary and ask you to stay or allow you to go...best of luck
Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by Tradepunter2: 10:44am On Mar 04
thesicilian:
No matter how good your boss or your co-workers are, they're not your family.

You're concerned your current boss will feel bad if you tell him you're leaving? There's no sentiments when it comes to survival my friend.
Take the better paying job and resign properly from your current place. It's that simple.

If you miss this opportunity, you'll hate yourself for it, and gradually that will begin to affect your job performance and motivation, and you might still end up getting sacked.

Stop giving yeye advice...... Won't he save for rent on the island? How much is fking rent? You think rent is cheap Sometimes you guys just talk without been analytical in your brains.... Let him come Island and go through shege.... Island where majority of biznes are plug and Play

1 Like

Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by aylagos(m): 10:44am On Mar 04
Island ooooo
Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by youngrichnigga: 10:46am On Mar 04
For financial rewards which is the reason we work, the job on the island is your better bet in this situation however; considering the circumstances surrounding your current job and how you got it,
I would advice you discuss with the CEO and explain to him your situation as well as your reason for planning to leave (he might increase the salary of you're important to his operations).
Whatever you do, be honest with yourself and also don't leave the good man in the lurch cool cool cool cool
Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by deavicky(m): 10:47am On Mar 04
WhiteWood:

My suggestion is that if you're happy and comfortable in your current job, it may be wise for you to stay. Sometimes, life is not all about money-- factors like relationships, peace of mind etc, are things that money cannot buy -- As the saying goes, it's sometimes better to stick with the familiar than to venture into the unknown.
leaving a peacfull place of work is not an easy task i must confess. I have reject many works with higher pay then what i earn. And if tell u my salary u will laff. As i speak now, i have an oppurtunity to take a job of 1m right now and i believe the offer is till open but i can't just take it because where i work presently i have a strong relationship with the MD. Some time is not all about the money, we still consider relationship. But mind u people who do not really give Bleep about relation tends to break forth faster in our present Nigeria.
Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by Tradepunter2: 10:52am On Mar 04
HopeAlive16:

I just read in one of your post that the job is located in Lekki phase 1. I work around the axis too. Do you plan of coming from the mainland or do you mind we get a place together close to Lekki?

Lekki that have no water in some areas Sometimes I wonder how you guys make your decision..... Most likely out of desperation.

I say this authorizatively because I own and run my own company now..... After wasted years of been seeking jobs detrimental to mental health.

2 Likes

Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by deavicky(m): 10:55am On Mar 04
LoveTalk:

9am
as a man who have same expirence i will always advice u to take the higher pay. There is this new mentality that money will come with.
Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by OfficialNoblela: 10:55am On Mar 04
Please go to the one on the Island. Pretty please 🥺 And kindly recommend me for the one at mainland. Tell the boss you have someone to relieve you/take your place so he wouldn't feel too bad. I promise you I'm an articulate hard/smart working lady who is highly detailed, dedicated, efficient and effective with a passion for optimizing work flows with positive results and attitude. A graduate of Business Administration and Management. Done with service too. Thank you in anticipation. You can contact me through oparanmesoma23@gmail.com. Eshe gan 🙏🏽

3 Likes

Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by Draslo(m): 10:55am On Mar 04
LoveTalk:

Thank you for this.
The new job is very close to the view hotel, lekki phase 1 while I will be leaving from somewhere around Idi Araba, Luth side
You will make more money in the long run if you take that island job. You will meet better earning men and maybe a suitable life partner. Don't dull it. I'm advising you as I would advise my blood sister

1 Like

Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by lekonso: 10:55am On Mar 04
You are receiving 130k with peace you are not satisfied. You think everything is money. Go and take that your 330k, then you will know the value of peace and good working environment and joy that comes with working with a lovely boss. I pray your boss on the island is as good as the present boss, if not, you will regret it.

2 Likes

Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by DJMix2025: 10:57am On Mar 04
Go for the island job and also download dj mix on www. Naijadjmixtape.com/hot-club-bangers-latest-songs
Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by ppogba: 11:11am On Mar 04
Welcoming the generation that cannot think by itself.

Ready to call the help desk just to open a lunch box.
Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by HopeAlive16(f): 11:20am On Mar 04
Tradepunter2:

Lekki that have no water in some areas Sometimes I wonder how you guys make your decision..... Most likely out of desperation.

I say this authorizatively because I own and run my own company now..... After wasted years of been seeking jobs detrimental to mental health.
She has a choice to make at the end of the day, nobody's opinion will change that. And I see nothing wrong in looking for an apartment close to where you work because of traffic and the mental stress that follows.
Not everybody is/will be self employed and that's not a crime or something to be ashamed of. So what's your point exactly?
Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by OvertheTop(m): 11:21am On Mar 04
LoveTalk:
Hello everyone.

Please, Advise me.
Thank you.

330k and Relocate to the island
Try to move with Appreciation....
Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by Kaiser20: 11:23am On Mar 04
[quote author=mamawa123 post=128766218]

There’s no week that passes that you will not see at least 2 to 3 stories like this here on this forum. 

I don’t know why guys like to disturb themselves by responding to a made-up story like this one.
At least, this question is manageable.
Try this usual nairaland question shall I quit my #1.m per month for for Canada
Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by Morepips2her(f): 11:32am On Mar 04
deavicky:
leaving a peacfull place of work is not an easy task i must confess. I have reject many works with higher pay then what i earn. And if tell u my salary u will laff. As i speak now, i have an oppurtunity to take a job of 1m right now and i believe the offer is till open but i can't just take it because where i work presently i have a strong relationship with the MD. Some time is not all about the money, we still consider relationship. But mind u people who do not really give Bleep about relation tends to break forth faster in our present Nigeria.

Please I need to get in
touch with you bwizzy4real1@gmail.com
Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by JayPeeOham: 11:41am On Mar 04
Hmmm
Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by ebonyface2(m): 11:48am On Mar 04
The country is hard, yes!! But sometimes the devil u know is better than the angel u don't know, yet the only tin u need do here is to seek the face of God. U need only God's direction. I left zenith one time to join Intercontinental bank for a triple pay rise, only for intercontinental bank to fold up after 8months, till date I regret that decision. Be wise, only God knows tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by NaijaCover(m): 11:53am On Mar 04
330,000naira Is Still Small, Honestly Speaking.

It Can't Pay For Website Hosting For Bloggers
Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by linearity: 12:10pm On Mar 04
Good people always appreciate good things irrespective of who it happens to.

Approach him and tell him of your dilemma and he will even chastise you for even deliberating the obvious. He will be the one to encourage you to take the other job.

But don’t tamper with the relationship, there are things you would learn in the Island job that you can use to benefit him and his company.

My only problem is, you did not give him enough notice seeing how good he was to you, not even two weeks.
Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by sircrabo: 12:12pm On Mar 04
Island. The margin is wide enough to grab the offer

1 Like

Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by MrReeseG(m): 12:22pm On Mar 04
No matter what, pick the job of 330k
Highest you move to somewhere in ajah or Orchid Road or the inner parts of lekki.

It's an upgrade to what you're currently doing. Unless you're okay with being stagnant.
Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:39pm On Mar 04
thesicilian:
No matter how good your boss or your co-workers are, they're not your family.

You're concerned your current boss will feel bad if you tell him you're leaving? There's no sentiments when it comes to survival my friend.
Take the better paying job and resign properly from your current place. It's that simple.

If you miss this opportunity, you'll hate yourself for it, and gradually that will begin to affect your job performance and motivation, and you might still end up getting sacked.
Best advice
Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by obaidan: 1:00pm On Mar 04
330k surely but you have to be really really diplomatic in telling your 130k boss. He should understand. U now have to start supporting his endeavor, buy or market whatever he sells, refer customers to him at no cost, send him anything u come across that will help his business. You have to be a blessing to him while u expect nothing in return.
Re: Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) by Iykenuwa(m): 1:23pm On Mar 04
uniquetechng:
My boy jumped on a well paying job on the Island few years ago but almost got depressed because of the stress involved in going to the Island from mainland daily especially having to wake up as early as 4am daily and returned home around 12am most days because of traffic.
Think it through before approaching your current boss.

That doesn't really apply here. once she gets to Ojuelegba from the Island, Idiaraba is a piece of cake.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career / #FOREXCrisis: Food And Beverage Sector To Sack 3m Workers / While Nigeria’s Minimum Wage Stands At $60, South Africa Introduces $260 Minimum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.