Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

How My Son Transformed From Left Hand To Ambidextrous - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How My Son Transformed From Left Hand To Ambidextrous (743 Views)

Lady Shares How She Transformed A Girl She Adopted After Just Two Months (pics) / Pretty Nigerian Lady Shares Photos Of How Pregnancy Transformed Her Face (Video) / Re: How I Used My Hand To Bury Myself. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Son Transformed From Left Hand To Ambidextrous by Hakeem66: 1:11pm On Mar 05
My 11-year-old son correctly uses both of his hands.
When he was born, we discovered his preference for using his left hand for tasks like picking up and holding items. If you ask him to greet you, he will extend his left arm. As he grew, we also noticed that he kicks the ball with his left foot. The fact that he is left-footed is not a concern, but his left-handedness, which my wife dislikes, especially during eating and when taking something from us or elders. But I didn't mind because I admire lefties
The biggest problem for us was when he started school; we didn't realize that his teacher was correcting him for writing with his left hand. This affected his performance as he found it difficult to write and was slower. For example, when he wanted to write the number 7, he would face it in the opposite direction, as with alphabets like B,C, D etc. Due to this, he performed poorly during those years as he tried to adjust.
To make a long story short, my son now writes with both hands quickly and with good handwriting. He said he can start writing with his left hand and finish with his right. He performs tasks with both hands correctly, but we still notice that he prefers his left hand, especially when doing something that requires more energy.
He even eats eba with both hands, depending on his sitting position or how he feels. We were amazed about the transformation but still surprised how he can be using both effectively.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Son Transformed From Left Hand To Ambidextrous by Xammie001(m): 1:15pm On Mar 05
the teacher that tried that with your son should be arrested immediately because he's trying to make the brain malfunction and it's not easy, use those that change the driving sides of cars and see the aftermath, but i'm happy he's using both hands now.
He's a super brilliant child, so take care of him specially sir

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How My Son Transformed From Left Hand To Ambidextrous by Jerk1: 1:18pm On Mar 05
Such a blessed and gifted child., I wish I can use both hands correctly. I know about left footed but never seen that for hand. The only people that can do that may be due to accident that affected the main hand which later healed. The person may be using the other hand during those period and will eventually get used to that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Son Transformed From Left Hand To Ambidextrous by Hakeem66: 1:30pm On Mar 05
Xammie001:
the teacher that tried that with your son should be arrested immediately because he's trying to make the brain malfunction and it's not easy, use those that change the driving sides of cars and see the aftermath, but i'm happy he's using both hands now.
I told my wife to warned his teacher or report to the school authority, you know women, she even supported the teacher because she hates lefties. Am not always at home so whenever I brought the issue of his poor performance, she said he will later cope. If I asked my son he will explain everything to me that his mum also reprimanded him at home for using left.
Re: How My Son Transformed From Left Hand To Ambidextrous by Xammie001(m): 1:36pm On Mar 05
All in all we thank God he adapted to both hands that means he's super intelligent sir, he's a genius just nuture him well sir

Hakeem66:
I told my wife to warned his teacher or report to the school authority, you know women, she even supported the teacher because she hates lefties. Am not always at home so whenever I brought the issue of his poor performance, she said he will later cope. If I asked my son he will explain everything to me that his mum also reprimanded him at home for using left.
Re: How My Son Transformed From Left Hand To Ambidextrous by Jewessgratitud3: 1:40pm On Mar 05
When I was still doing home lessons that year, there was this 3yr old boy I was taking and he uses left but it was affecting his performance in school because he curves letters C, S and P anti-clockwise and does the same to the curved numbers. It made his work always rough and disorganized. So I began to exercise his right hand pencil grip and under one month he could write and curve firmly with his right hand. He was also able to use his kicks correctly on letters K and a..

One day the Mom met me at home and was like did you change my son's hand to righty, I said yes and she was not happy saying she liked the left hand because she has a doctor colleague that writes with left and she always admires the guy a lot. That I should have let him continue using the left. In my mind I was like, who una wan stress? Somebody that will be writing letter P like number 9 and stressing me in the process of trying to make him curve clockwise because his brain is controlling his movement to the left. I said Ma'am, I didn't know you preferred the left. I'm sorry for any inconveniences. Na person wey una go injure Una dey find. All my back will be in pains because I'm trying to redirect a childs hand.
I change the thing one time grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Son Transformed From Left Hand To Ambidextrous by Goodnewsforlife: 3:06pm On Mar 05
Hakeem66:
personally left to me I don’t like it when people use left hand go eat, if u use cutlery I don’t mind but using left hand to eat swallow is a no no for me

My personal opinion
Re: How My Son Transformed From Left Hand To Ambidextrous by NarnieSnyper(m): 4:26pm On Mar 05
I'm also ambidextrous. Started at a very young age using left, but my parents reprimanded me and it affected me badly in school because I was always carrying the load of the class every end of term.

I had to adjust. I use my left for virtually everything, asides writing and eating. I tried learning the bass and acoustic guitar for free but my tutor didn't have any for left-handed folks. I had to quit.

I'm quite grateful to my parents though but if any of my child is a southpaw, I'd make sure I nurture that rare gift forever.
I remember when I had to fill a form and I needed my father to fill his part but he travelled. I just used my left hand to fill the form, sign and then submitted.
Proud Hybrid Southpaw smiley

3 Likes

Re: How My Son Transformed From Left Hand To Ambidextrous by Calibrator: 4:33pm On Mar 05
I faced the same issues as your son growing up and now, I eat and write with my right hand to fit in to societal cultural norms and everything else is handled by my left hand.

Watch your son very closely, he might be a academical genius (we usually are) but his perception and grasp of correlation between spoken sounds and written words will be a little off or wide of accepted standards depending on a lot of factors but it will inevitably be affected.....

When you tamper with nature, it has its way of fighting back cheesy

1 Like

Re: How My Son Transformed From Left Hand To Ambidextrous by brain54(m): 5:20pm On Mar 05
Most ambidextrous people...

Like your son... Learned to use both hands.

About 11% of people are left handers while only 1% of people are ambidextrous.

They usually do well in areas related to art and creativity like music.

I am charmed and I have always admired lefties- At a point I used to practice using my left for activities like playing football or writing. Ambidextrous on the other hand are just special.

My younger brother is also ambidextrous!

1 Like

Re: How My Son Transformed From Left Hand To Ambidextrous by Nemesis0147(m): 6:24pm On Mar 05
My kid bro is like that two…though he still prefers his left hand.
Re: How My Son Transformed From Left Hand To Ambidextrous by We4all: 7:23pm On Mar 05
I don't consider it much of a big deal because I can also use both hands but settled for my right hand.

Nevertheless, I find it gross for someone to eat with both hands. It is either you stick to your left or right hand and don't interchange.

Society frowns at people using their left hands to eat because it is the hand we use to clean up after using the toilet. We also pick up dirt and mess using our left hand (even if we use gloves). The only time I admire people using their left hands is when they are writing.

1 Like

Re: How My Son Transformed From Left Hand To Ambidextrous by wunmi590(m): 7:52pm On Mar 05

I'm from a left hand family, I was using left, before it was corrected to right hand, but I still use it to count money..

My siblings are using left hand, so when I gave birth, I thought my first child would start using left, but she was using the right hand, so I didn't even bother or force her to use it...

So my second born that is 4month old, if he uses left, so be it and If he doesn't, they should be enjoying their lives...

1 Like

Re: How My Son Transformed From Left Hand To Ambidextrous by Kingrshd3: 12:02am On Mar 06
I had a.friend.then around 2002 back then in during holiday lesson ..

He usually use both hands to write then if I instruct him to change he will and the result will still be same handwriting 🤔

Some some Sha
Re: How My Son Transformed From Left Hand To Ambidextrous by Uyi168: 1:34am On Mar 06
What was the yeye over Sabi stipid teacher trying to prove??

1 Like

Re: How My Son Transformed From Left Hand To Ambidextrous by FuckYeyeMods: 1:51am On Mar 06
Hakeem66:
When he was born, we discovered his preference for using his left hand for tasks like picking up and holding items. If you ask him to greet you, he will extend his left arm. As he grew, we also noticed that he kicks the ball with his left foot. The fact that he is left-footed is not a concern, but his left-handedness, which my wife dislikes, especially during eating and when taking something from us or elders. But I didn't mind because I admire lefties
The biggest problem for us was when he started school; we didn't realize that his teacher was correcting him for writing with his left hand. This affected his performance as he found it difficult to write and was slower. For example, when he wanted to write the number 7, he would face it in the opposite direction, as with alphabets like B,C, D etc. Due to this, he performed poorly during those years as he tried to adjust.
To make a long story short, my son now writes with both hands quickly and with good handwriting. He said he can start writing with his left hand and finish with his right. He performs tasks with both hands correctly, but we still notice that he prefers his left hand, especially when doing something that requires more energy.
He even eats eba with both hands, depending on his sitting position or how he feels. We were amazed about the transformation but still surprised how he can be using both effectively.
This thing you type calmly is not as funny as both you and your wife are handling it.
Growing up, my dad is no doubt a tough man. I'm a left footer but very poor with my write hand interms of writing.
I suspected that it's possible I'm a leftie but they keep pressuring to change my hand. Though I lost the power to write with my left.
Now my Son uses left hand for most things and I have warned my wife to let him be.
Eye sight and issue of lefthand need serious discussion.
Re: How My Son Transformed From Left Hand To Ambidextrous by teeshet: 5:12am On Mar 06
NarnieSnyper:
I'm also ambidextrous. Started at a very young age using left, but my parents reprimanded me and it affected me badly in school because I was always carrying the load of the class every end of term.

I had to adjust. I use my left for virtually everything, asides writing and eating. I tried learning the bass and acoustic guitar for free but my tutor didn't have any for left-handed folks. I had to quit.

I'm quite grateful to my parents though but if any of my child is a southpaw, I'd make sure I nurture that rare gift forever.
I remember when I had to fill a form and I needed my father to fill his part but he travelled. I just used my left hand to fill the form, sign and then submitted.
Proud Hybrid Southpaw smiley
You are a pathological liar. Who told you you are ambidextrous
Re: How My Son Transformed From Left Hand To Ambidextrous by finallybusy: 7:38am On Mar 06
Hakeem66:
Good. Now do giveaway.
Re: How My Son Transformed From Left Hand To Ambidextrous by NarnieSnyper(m): 3:26am On Mar 07
teeshet:
You are a pathological liar. Who told you you are ambidextrous

Wow. Just wow. Where do you know me from son?
Re: How My Son Transformed From Left Hand To Ambidextrous by 3434tunde(m): 11:44pm On Mar 11
I am a left handed and left legged. my parents and teachers tried best to stop me but failed till now. I am the only left handed in my family if not kins. you know it's TRUE only left handed people think right and right handed think left or wrong lol. Reason is the left handed are gifted especially and the brain that controls them is situated at the right lobe. you right handed have yours in the left. check out great American presidents and artists are southpaws, bill Clinton,Barack Obama, Rihanna and lots. it's a rare blessing and I am completely wired to the right as I play football with left leg too. all I know about myself is I have great retentive memory and can recognize you in the day even in the darkest night and first time in the next 10years. Please stop reducing our breed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Son Transformed From Left Hand To Ambidextrous by Anunakeeh: 8:00am On Mar 12
Righties are the best.

Most lefties doesn't perform optimally when doing activities. I have seen it several times. They can't hold things very firm.
Re: How My Son Transformed From Left Hand To Ambidextrous by 4reala(m): 10:42am On Mar 12
Xammie001:
You are wrong Sir, I believe he was able to achieve this feet because of his teacher
Re: How My Son Transformed From Left Hand To Ambidextrous by Xammie001(m): 7:49am On Mar 13
Ok

4reala:

You are wrong Sir, I believe he was able to achieve this feet because of his teacher

(1) (Reply)

Mothering Sunday Gift / www.babefishing.com: Nigerian Free Dating Site, To Find Nigerian Free Match / Do Women Feel Like It Too?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.