Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,962 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Facebook Is Down - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Facebook Is Down (17726 Views)

Facebook Is Becoming An Authoritarian App / Facebook Is Monitoring Me / Facebook Is Using Smartphones To Listen To What People Say, Professor Suggests. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook Is Down by Sermon1: 4:35pm On Mar 05
How many of us have noticed we can't currently log in to our Facebook account?

Like many have complained of being logged out and not having access to be logged in.

Tell us your experience.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Facebook Is Down by Sermon1: 4:35pm On Mar 05
**Report: Social Media Outage Crisis**

*Date: March 5, 2024*

*Subject: Widespread Outage of Facebook and Instagram*

*Executive Summary:*
On March 5, 2024, Facebook and Instagram, two prominent social media platforms owned by Meta Platforms, Inc., experienced an unprecedented and widespread outage. Users worldwide reported difficulties accessing their accounts, encountering unexpected logouts, and being unable to log back in. This report aims to provide an overview of the outage, its impact, and the official response from Meta Platforms.

*I. Outage Overview:*
The outage affected millions of users, disrupting their daily digital interactions and connectivity. Social media, serving as a vital communication tool, became inaccessible for an undisclosed number of users, raising concerns about the reliability and resilience of major online platforms.

*II. Official Confirmation:*
Mark Zuckerberg, the CEO of Meta Platforms, released a statement confirming the outage. In his communication, he acknowledged the technical difficulties and assured users that dedicated teams were actively working to resolve the issues. The statement emphasized the company's commitment to restoring normalcy swiftly.

*III. User Experience:*
User frustration manifested across various online platforms as individuals sought alternative means to express their discontent. Memes, humor, and collective expressions of frustration filled the digital space, highlighting the significant impact that social media outages can have on the emotional and social well-being of users.

*IV. Potential Ramifications:*
Businesses and influencers heavily reliant on Facebook and Instagram for marketing and engagement faced challenges during the outage. The incident underscores the vulnerability of businesses that depend solely on a single platform for their online presence, highlighting the need for diversified digital marketing strategies.

*V. Conclusion:*
As the outage persists, users and businesses alike anxiously await the resolution of the technical issues affecting Facebook and Instagram. Mark Zuckerberg's acknowledgment and commitment to resolving the problem provide reassurance, but the incident underscores the fragility of our digital interconnectedness and the necessity of contingency planning in an era heavily dependent on online communication and social media. Further updates will be provided as the situation develops.

Gem Fash.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facebook Is Down by PrinceDoctor(m): 4:36pm On Mar 05
Really so.

Thought that my account was hacked.

Thanks to Seun for Nairaland.

Facebook can go!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facebook Is Down by Sermon1: 4:37pm On Mar 05
See evidence

2 Likes

Re: Facebook Is Down by Sermon1: 4:37pm On Mar 05
PrinceDoctor:
Really so

Can you currently log in?

1 Like

Re: Facebook Is Down by stasius: 4:37pm On Mar 05
Thank God I am seeing this here. I thought I have been hacked.

26 Likes

Re: Facebook Is Down by Negroid001(m): 4:38pm On Mar 05
General ish. Don't panic. Dem no hack your account. grin

Instagram too i guess

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facebook Is Down by Sermon1: 4:40pm On Mar 05
Here

1 Like

Re: Facebook Is Down by Sermon1: 4:45pm On Mar 05
Negroid001:
General ish. Don't panic. Dem no hack your account. grin

Instagram too i guess

Yes, Instagram too.

4 Likes

Re: Facebook Is Down by larryking78(m): 4:46pm On Mar 05
This is true.
I tried it again and again. I couldn't log in.
They are doing something on the server.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facebook Is Down by Sermon1: 4:52pm On Mar 05
larryking78:
This is true.
I tried it again and again. I couldn't log in.
They are doing something on the server.

I guess.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Is Down by minato12: 4:56pm On Mar 05
Sermon1:
How many of us have noticed we can't currently log in to our Facebook account?

Like many have complained of being logged out and not having access to be logged in.

Tell us your experience.

Egbon Mark!! Ki lon se le, E ti ti??

2 Likes

Re: Facebook Is Down by Fr33born(m): 5:17pm On Mar 05
No wonder

2 Likes

Re: Facebook Is Down by Opiosko: 5:18pm On Mar 05
Didn't know that.
It's been down for years as far as I'm concerned.

15 Likes

Re: Facebook Is Down by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 5:18pm On Mar 05
angry

2 Likes

Re: Facebook Is Down by eddynaira125: 5:18pm On Mar 05
Omo I feel say somebody don sell my account for lazy 5000

3 Likes

Re: Facebook Is Down by finallybusy: 5:18pm On Mar 05
It happens. Every major website has downtimes. It's funny how Facebook has had very few compared to a mushroom collective like Nairaland. Reddit also suffers the same.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facebook Is Down by INTEGRITYA1(m): 5:18pm On Mar 05
I purposely come on Nairaland to check if there will be any information about Facebook palarva.

I couldn't logging to Facebook and I even reset my password over and over again.

I was like what happened to my Facebook account or hackers have hijacked it but I was calmed while keep trying to logging.

Meanwhile I activated step two verification on my account before now and I begin to wonder if it can still be hacked despite the security measures.

But now, I can see it's general issues.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facebook Is Down by Nordic202: 5:18pm On Mar 05
Lola Fadulu
By Lola Fadulu
March 5, 2024, 10:57 a.m. ET
Facebook, Facebook Messenger and Instagram went down starting around 10 a.m. Eastern on Tuesday, according to Down Detector, a website that tracks user reports of telecommunication and internet disruptions.

More than 3,200 users reported that they were having issues with Facebook shortly after 10 a.m., compared to a base line of 17 such reports on an average day. By around 10:20 a.m., there were more than 350,000 reports of trouble with the website.

More than 53,000 people reported issues with Instagram around 10:30 a.m. and more than 8,800 users reported issues with Facebook Messenger around that time, according to Down Detector.

Meta, the parent company of those sites, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Some users flocked to X to see if others were also experiencing trouble with those sites. One user told people not to panic if they were having trouble logging in.
Re: Facebook Is Down by Enskynelson(m): 5:18pm On Mar 05
Same here
Re: Facebook Is Down by donestk(m): 5:18pm On Mar 05
Gosh

Seun deserves a national award for creating nairaland

7 Likes

Re: Facebook Is Down by Nairalander248: 5:18pm On Mar 05
Facebook and Instagram are down, don't know why Whatsapp is not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facebook Is Down by Henk009: 5:18pm On Mar 05
cheesy
Re: Facebook Is Down by Omawumi17(f): 5:19pm On Mar 05
I thought I am the only one experiencing this

1 Like

Re: Facebook Is Down by AllahOfBlood: 5:19pm On Mar 05
grin

You need to see how I battle to recover my Facebook account thinking my account has been hacked.

I used my Android phone e no work I rushed to my laptop e no still working. I rushed to my friend that's when I was told it's a general stuff

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facebook Is Down by jackpot(f): 5:19pm On Mar 05
Just imagine how it seems that we are all dependent on Facebook.

It got me thinking... what if there's no Facebook?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Facebook Is Down by 175(m): 5:19pm On Mar 05
Babylon

1 Like

Re: Facebook Is Down by inoki247: 5:19pm On Mar 05
Lol people still dey go that side....

2 Likes

Re: Facebook Is Down by MicroSweet(m): 5:19pm On Mar 05
Omo, I thought I've been hacked.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Is Down by CalabarPikin: 5:19pm On Mar 05
Eri Muzz don buy am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facebook Is Down by HEBEI: 5:19pm On Mar 05
Sorry Facebook shocked

Get well soon wink

1 Like

Re: Facebook Is Down by STEWpid(f): 5:19pm On Mar 05
Chai..

Facebook children will suffer o,,

But anyway, it's only for a while,,

It should be active again in few seconds!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Etisalat Night And Weekend Internet Bundle / Android Q – See The New Features Google Plans On Releasing / Fero Phones Questions , Complains & Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.