Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,269 members, 7,849,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:11 PM

....... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / ....... (319 Views)

Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes / The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early / Difference Between Arranged Marriage And Love Marriage ( See Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

....... by viesther: 9:24am On Mar 06
Re: ....... by immortalcrown(m): 9:28am On Mar 06
Marriage is not like business where financial or professional contribution is rewarded with shares of profit.

In marriage, you contribute what you can afford to the running of the home and support your spouse financially according to his or her needs and according to your capacity, even if the capital you used to start your business did not come from your spouse. As long as you can afford to provide what is needed in the marriage, do it. It doesn't matter who empowered you.

1 Like

Re: ....... by viesther: 9:54am On Mar 06
immortalcrown:
Marriage is not like business where financial or professional contribution is rewarded with shares of profit.

In marriage, you contribute what you can afford to the running of the home and support your spouse financially according to his or her needs and according to your capacity, even if the capital you used to start your business did not come from your spouse. As long as you can afford to provide what is needed in the marriage, do it. It doesn't matter who empowered you.
yes I already have good understanding on that but should he be entitled my what I make or have a share every time am profitable in what i do. Normally even before this I contribute and supports him without him having to ask for it
Re: ....... by immortalcrown(m): 9:59am On Mar 06
viesther:
yes I already have good understanding on that but should he be entitled my what I make or have a share every time am profitable in what i do. Normally even before this I contribute and supports him without him having to ask for it
I have already answered your question. I told you that marriage is not a business in which a partner is entitled to a specific amount of money as a reward for his or her finical or professional contribution.

If your spouse is not in need of money, you are not to give him or her money, even if the spouse raised capital for your business.

If your spouse needs money and you can afford the money, give it to him or her even if your business capital was not raised by the spouse.

1 Like

Re: ....... by TheWinterBird(f): 10:06am On Mar 06
Mchew. Let me myob
Re: ....... by 4KNGOATS(m): 10:08am On Mar 06
immortalcrown:
I have already answered your question. I told you that marriage is not a business in which a partner is entitled to a specific amount of money as a reward for his or her finical or professional contribution.

If your spouse is not in need of money, you are not to give him or her money, even if the spouse raised capital for your business.

If your spouse needs money and you can afford the money, give it to him or her even if your business capital was not raised by the spouse.
All these bastardzzz Genzis . They can die for the love of money useless fkn idiots
Re: ....... by viesther: 10:21am On Mar 06
TheWinterBird:
He should not be "entitled" to the money if it's you who worked for it, but that said, you're a married couple, therefore if he's in a financial bind of some sort and could use the assistance, then as his wife you're supposed to help him out if you've the capacity to. If it's a huge amount of money that you can't help him out with, then in that case, you can't. You did say it's "a bit of cash", so you shouldn't be stressing yourself trying to help him out when you can't, not when the money needs to go towards taking care of the kids.

Anyways, according to the other thread you opened yesterday, this isn't a case of him being in any financial bind. In the thread you said you and him don't have any business or jobs (although he's doing some freelancing jobs but not earning much from it), so it seems the little amount you're now earning and using to support the family is your only means of income. If that's the case and he feels he's "entitled" to it or demanding it, then make it clear that he's not. He needs to find a job to take care of the family. He could also gamble any money you give him, as gambling is a big problem you're both engaging in (according to your other thread) in the marriage. You both have to smarten up and find legit sources of income to take care of your family, as well as make better financial decisions.

Thanks alot

1 Like

Re: ....... by viesther: 10:23am On Mar 06
4KNGOATS:

All these bastardzzz Genzis . They can die for the love of money useless fkn idiots
I don't understand what you're saying but you don't have to insult anyone. Please if you have an opinion or advice to give try to say it in a respectful way without insults please. Thanks
Re: ....... by 4KNGOATS(m): 11:21am On Mar 06
viesther:
I don't understand what you're saying but you don't have to insult anyone. Please if you have an opinion or advice to give try to say it in a respectful way without insults please. Thanks
If you feel insulted with my comments then am referring to YOU.so fuk off

(1) (Reply)

I Feel Devastated / Warning For Parents / Living In A Clean Enviroment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.