Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,435 members, 7,819,581 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network - Nairaland / General (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network (53548 Views)

Poll: Nairaland Charity Org

YES: 91% (150 votes)
NO: 8% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Global Helpers Alliance / Charity Policy: We Will Donate Though We Cannot Promote / The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (25) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 10:27pm On Dec 10, 2011
Reporting. . . . . .

by the way, we have 2 emails so far from Jaybee & Jarus (2 Js grin grin)

waiting for the rest of you guys (committee) so that we can start something
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 10:34pm On Dec 10, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Before my post was rudely deleted, I have stated that my husband and I made communication with our contacts in Lagos and UK to provide some things to the couple.

We have several people on board that are going to Nigeria for the holidays and will make contributions to the family.

Delete this post and we are fighting MODERATORS! angry

Thank you. Please email us as soon as the items are ready in Nigeria for collection.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Radiant(f): 11:05pm On Dec 10, 2011
OAM4J:

I take exception to your choice of word in the in the bold. But we shall let it pass.

Thanks for all the issues you raised. They are well noted and the team is working on them.

OAM4J, you know I'm your (Organisers) biggest supporter. I believe the group who handled the Obuh's affairs. You guys are terrific and I believe every step you took to help the Obuhs. I don't doubt any aspect so far.

However, what we planned for the Obuhs should be done for them. Is it their fault that people contributed to relieve them? It's their luck. Let's complete this project and once concluded we move to the next.

I'm sorry I used the word scam. I didn't mean you're trying to scam us. I said it's beginning to look like. . .I hope you guys understand.

Great team you are wink
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 11:27pm On Dec 10, 2011
Radiant:

OAM4J, you know I'm your (Organisers) biggest supporter. I believe the group who handled the Obuh's affairs. You guys are terrific and I believe every step you took to help the Obuhs. I don't doubt any aspect so far.

However, what we planned for the Obuhs should be done for them. Is it their fault that people contributed to relieve them? It's their luck. Let's complete this project and once concluded we move to the next.

I'm sorry I used the word scam. I didn't mean you're trying to scam us. I said it's beginning to look like. . .I hope you guys understand.

Great team you are wink

Thank you for your support, we understand everything you wrote. cool
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Nobody: 12:21am On Dec 11, 2011
Maybe, for the fact that some of you DONATED to Obuh's cause, then, we truly own you an explanation on why we chose not to give all of the money realized to the OBUHs, YET. It's no gainsaying that no two humans are completely the same, hence, we may not be able to compare Menek to Monday. These are two different entities with different attributes and experiences undecided. From interactions and observation, Monday need to be "monitored" and if need be, tutored on money management because he's been in a different terrain for the past two years (under the bridge) .

We are basically concerned on the sustainability of this project, giving our best as a team to ensure that every penny spent is worth it. So, there is absolutely nothing to worry about. smiley
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by AreaFada2: 12:27am On Dec 11, 2011
r231:

Guys,

We have 3 positions left

the criteria for these positions are -

Notes:
- 5, 6 and 7 must be Nigeria-based
- Not to be sexiest but must be at least 2 females and a guy  
-  Must be able to donate some of their precious time to go out and investigate cases
- To physically confirm and lead projects; must be in Nigeria, ready to devote time for the exercises
- Must be a regular poster on Nairaland NOT once a week poster
- Member since at least 2007 as there will be a lot money involved

r123,

Great job especially regarding Mr Obuh. Kudos to Ify, Olowo and others.

But I think you should have made the positions more open. Referring to some people as fringe NL members is not helpful.
We don't want to alienate people.  I think the process of appointing people should be more democratic than someone just nominating others. Is it paddy paddy affair?

We are taliking of Nigerians + internet+ money, so many silent NL visitors will be skeptical. So true openess is crucial.

Take Gboliwe (a physically challenged accountancy graduate if my memory serves me right) for example. He expressed interest but was overlooked.
For being a member for less than 4 years? We need people like him to give us a new perspective.

Physically challenged people are disproportiately disadvantaged in our society.
I was a regular NL visitor for over 2 years before I became a member less than 2 years ago,
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by yamakuza: 12:45am On Dec 11, 2011
^ the truth is that after calling for recommendations and suggestions to no avail, you simply find yourself taking decisions on the go if you must move forward.

You've made valid points, but why are others not talking?
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 1:00am On Dec 11, 2011
We need to conclude on the name of this charity organisation if possible this weekend. Can we have suggestions please?
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by yamakuza: 1:11am On Dec 11, 2011
Something Social Network

Better Life Initiative

Big Smiles Network

Greener Pastures Outreach

Project 180

The Bridgers

Bridge Brigade
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by coogar: 1:34am On Dec 11, 2011
r231:

1) PeaceLoveHumanity
2) PeaceLovePassion
3) PeaceLoveSerenity
4) PeaceLoveInspiration
5) PeaceLoveHeal
6) PeaceLoveActivism
7) PeaceLoveUnity

chei - see names.
let's stick with nairaland. it's not like seun would wake up from his slumber and claim he owns it.
we all met here on nairaland - i see no reason why the name should be changed.

on the issue of the balance left in the bank.
it should be saved or kept with jarus as an emergency fund. the obuhs need to be monitored.
should they need any help, the balance would quickly sort whatever they need without us having to gather around again and contribute again - as we all know it can be time consuming.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 1:52am On Dec 11, 2011
Area-Fada:

r123,

Great job especially regarding Mr Obuh. Kudos to Ify, Olowo and others.

But I think you should have made the positions more open. Referring to some people as fringe NL members is not helpful.
We don't want to alienate people.  I think the process of appointing people should be more democratic than someone just nominating others. Is it paddy paddy affair?

We are taliking of Nigerians + internet+ money, so many silent NL visitors will be skeptical. So true openess is crucial.

Take Gboliwe (a physically challenged accountancy graduate if my memory serves me right) for example. He expressed interest but was overlooked.
For being a member for less than 4 years? We need people like him to give us a new perspective.

Physically challenged people are disproportiately disadvantaged in our society.
I was a regular NL visitor for over 2 years before I became a member less than 2 years ago,

Thank you sir

We prefer somebody that will be available online (Nairaland) all the time that can report the progress of any project we are working on at a particular time.

Its not a paddy paddy affair sir, its open to everybody that meets the criteria set by the team and most of the people on the list worked with us on the last project on and off NL (Behind the scene)
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 1:54am On Dec 11, 2011
I like the "Big Smiles Network"

I think it describes our objective - putting smiles on people faces

can we modify it to Big Smiles Charity Network? Or we don't need to reflect 'charity' in the naming?
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Radiant(f): 2:05am On Dec 11, 2011
You guys on ground know better. If you think Monday [/b]and his family should be monitored then so be it. It's all for their good. I don't believe we're doing any harm to them after all.
Well done for all your efforts and patience. Great team! cool

As for the name, what about [b]Online Rescue Brigade
? Nairaland Rescue Brigade ? grin Honestly, I can't think of a name. I wish we can use the current name "Nairaland Charity Organisation" or something with Nairaland. However, the reason [b]Siena [/b]gave about the name sending the wrong message to 'non NLders' makes sense though.

More suggestions guys.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Radiant(f): 2:12am On Dec 11, 2011
OAM4J:

I like the "Big Smiles Network"

I think it describes our objective - putting smiles on people faces

can we modify it to Big Smiles Charity Network? Or we don't need to reflect 'charity' in the naming?

Or perhaps, Big Smiles Charity?
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 2:34am On Dec 11, 2011
^Yeah that looks better to me.

Any more suggestions please? or support/modification for already suggested ones?
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 2:40am On Dec 11, 2011
Big Smiles Charity - support
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Jarus(m): 7:42am On Dec 11, 2011
There is no way we can leave Nairaland out of it, but if nairaland is not appearing in the name, it should appear in the short descriptive statement that will always follow the name.

Example:
Name.                          Descriptive statement
THE e-HELPERS - A coalition of online charity volunteers on Nairaland.com, Nigeria's largest web community.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by ifyalways(f): 7:58am On Dec 11, 2011
I see alot has been discussed . . .I'm currently in Dakar,Senegal and would participate more when I get back to Lagos morow.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 11, 2011
Jarus:

There is no way we can leave Nairaland out of it, but if nairaland I'd not appearing in the name, it should appear in the short descriptive statement that will always follow the name.

Example:
Name. Descriptive statement
THE e-HELPERS - A coalition of online charity volunteers on Nairaland.com, Nigeria's largest web community.

This makes sense.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by yamakuza: 7:20pm On Dec 11, 2011
i-HELP Charity   Network   Org
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 7:36pm On Dec 11, 2011
maybe we need to vote on the name but i don;t want to take forever doing that as we need to move up and on to the next step

so for now we need to decide on these two -

Big Smiles Charity

THE e-HELPERS

by tomorrow evening, we will conclude based on number of votes grin grin
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by toluxa1(m): 7:57pm On Dec 11, 2011
Are you guys done with the committee selection?
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 8:10pm On Dec 11, 2011
toluxa1:

Are you guys done with the committee selection?

for now yes
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by marabout(m): 11:41pm On Dec 11, 2011
Big Smiles Charity Organisation (BiSCO) kind of sounds cool.

Well any plans to officially register the organisation? In UK /USA as well as in Naija?

We don't want to be breaking any laws if we don't officially have tax exemption.

I have no doubts you guys have already thought about these things.

Kudos.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Nobody: 11:59pm On Dec 11, 2011
yamakuza:

Something Social Network

Better Life Initiative

Big Smiles Network

Greener Pastures Outreach

Project 180

The Bridgers

Bridge Brigade

Project 360 - Aiding to turn lives around for the better
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by yamakuza: 12:02am On Dec 12, 2011
^ 360 faces the same direction !
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by yamakuza: 12:04am On Dec 12, 2011
marabout:

Big Smiles Charity Organisation (BiSCO) kind of sounds cool.

Well any plans to officially register the organisation? In UK /USA as well as in Naija?

We don't want to be breaking any laws if we don't officially have tax exemption.

I have no doubts you guys have already thought about these things.

Kudos.

^ might need 2 or 3 names for CAC Search if going this route?
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Nobody: 12:10am On Dec 12, 2011
yamakuza:

^ 360 faces the same direction!

My point is zero lives to become whole lives
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by yamakuza: 12:27am On Dec 12, 2011
naijababe:

My point is zero lives to become  whole lives

Hmmmn. Deep !

Zero to Hero

Makes too much sense.

+360 !
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Nobody: 12:38am On Dec 12, 2011
yamakuza:

Hmmmn. Deep!

Zero to Hero?

Makes too much sense.

+360 !

Not zero to hero, but zero to whole
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Emeka72(m): 3:03am On Dec 12, 2011
Pls lets not go off-topic o.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Freiburger(m): 10:52am On Dec 12, 2011
r231:

maybe we need to vote on the name but i don;t want to take forever doing that as we need to move up and on to the next step

so for now we need to decide on these two -

THE e-HELPERS[/b]

by tomorrow evening, we will conclude based on number of votes grin grin

The e-helpers doesn't sound bad.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (25)

Electric Shock Kills Fulani Man's Cow In Delta(photos) / Lagos Children Beat Father Christmas That Showed Up Without Gifts (Video) / Meet President Jonathan's Look Alike. Smashing Resemblance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.