Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network - Nairaland / General (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network (53471 Views)

Poll: Nairaland Charity Org

YES: 91% (150 votes)
NO: 8% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Global Helpers Alliance / Charity Policy: We Will Donate Though We Cannot Promote / The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (25) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 7:21pm On Dec 07, 2011
Odunnu:

2007 ke? and you included me before? 2007 is a long time, 2009 should be ok

We can make exception, if he/she is well known like you  cool or like coogar said, if there are 2 or 3 well known Nairaladers that can recommend his/her nomination.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 7:22pm On Dec 07, 2011
Odunnu:

Are we on 2007 or 2009, lets decide on one please.No, its not included. You guys are professionals and have a lot of people partnering with you already. We are not supporting any NGO also.

between 2007 and 2009 basically

I am sure we can get 3 people on here that has been a member since 2007
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Odunnu: 7:22pm On Dec 07, 2011
r231:

because we know where to find you if you run grin grin grin

we can make some exception but for now we have to be careful
You go fear o! ayam a true Nigerian, if I run to the hills of Jos, or to the desert sands of Sokoto,I bet you wont find me
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 7:25pm On Dec 07, 2011
toluxa1:

You can contact me if you need me. I just finished from school and I am kinda free to embark on this noble assignment. Count me in. . . [size=3pt]as long as I don't have to go on investigations on Christmas day, lol [/size]

noted! we shall let u know if you are finally considered.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 07, 2011
@ Odunnu,
If we have 3 field team members,  one in Lagos another in PH and the third in Kano, how will they meet physically? If the one in Lagos is not available, who will assist? If Ify and OlowoT had not been Lagos-based, the Obuh project may not have been that successful.

The actual reality is, almost half of the cases we will hear about will be in Lagos. This doesn't mean mean only Lagos cases will be entertained, but all we need do to handle a case outside Lagos is co-opt a Nairalander in that place on adhoc basis and work with him/her.

This is just my opinion though, the Lagos-rule can be expunged.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by toluxa1(m): 7:29pm On Dec 07, 2011
OAM4J:

noted! we shall let u know if you are finally considered.

No problem. The LORD bless the works of your (everyone who is/will be involved in this) hands. The Innovative power dey trip me die. Brilliant idea indeed.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Odunnu: 7:30pm On Dec 07, 2011
Jarus:

@ Odunnu,
If we have 3 field team members, one in Lagos another in PH and the third in Kano, how will they meet physically? If the one in Lagos is not available, who will assist? If Ify and OlowoT had not been Lagos-based, the Obuh project may not have been that successful.

The actual reality is, almost half of the cases we will hear about will be in Lagos. This doesn't mean mean only Lagos cases will be entertained, but all we need do to handle a case outside Lagos is co-opt a Nairalander in that place on adhoc basis and work with him/her.

This is just my opinion though, the Lagos-rule can be expunged.
Ok. No wahala. As an aside, i've been wondering, under that bridge where the Obuh's just left, isnt there another family we can help out?
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Afam4eva(m): 7:33pm On Dec 07, 2011
I actually think the lagos rule should be expunged. Every state should get equall treatment. We can have representatives in dfferent zones. We should consider people that have been NL members since 2006 2008.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by obowunmi(m): 7:33pm On Dec 07, 2011
If the organizers of this organisation can guarantee my anonymity ,  I'm willing to donate large sums of money to the next cause/project but I do not want my name or anything related to me on any thread or front page news. That's the only thing that sincerely keeps me from donating, 

All is well.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 7:34pm On Dec 07, 2011
Guys,

We have 3 positions left

the criteria for these positions are -

Notes:
- 5, 6 and 7 must be Nigeria-based
- Not to be sexiest but must be at least 2 females and a guy
- Must be able to donate some of their precious time to go out and investigate cases
- To physically confirm and lead projects; must be in Nigeria, ready to devote time for the exercises
- Must be a regular poster on Nairaland NOT once a week poster
- Member since at least 2007 as there will be a lot money involved
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by toluxa1(m): 7:35pm On Dec 07, 2011
Jarus:

The actual reality is, almost half of the cases we will hear about will be in Lagos.

Is this really true? Because the larger percentage of Nairaland users are in Lagos? Well, I don't know sha. Does anyone here listen to Lean on Me, on Kapital FM, with Tony Amole, Monday nights? You will be shocked at what some people go through EVEN IN ABUJA. Sometimes I am moved to tears at some people's stories to the point that even if it's N500, I have, I can donate to help them.

I understand your point though

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Odunnu: 7:40pm On Dec 07, 2011
obowunmi:

If the organizers of this organisation can guarantee my anonymity ,  I'm willing to donate large sums of money to the next cause/project but I do not want my name or anything related to me on any thread or front page news. That's the only thing that sincerely keeps me from donating, 

All is well.

I promise you, your request will be respected and granted. You will notice in the just concluded project, a number of people were tagged with initials, anonymous etal.On behalf of Jarus and r231, i promise your name wont get out.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by toluxa1(m): 7:45pm On Dec 07, 2011
That's the genuine giving spirit! smiley
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 7:57pm On Dec 07, 2011
obowunmi:

All is well.

You can count on that. We only identify givers with the NL monikers or initials or simply put as anonymous. We will only put a name on the thread if the donor want it so.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by coogar: 8:05pm On Dec 07, 2011
obowunmi:

All is well.

as long as you are not into money-laundering!
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by toluxa1(m): 8:08pm On Dec 07, 2011
I am not sure whether or not this has been discussed in previous pages of this thread but has legal registration of this Organisation (NCO) been considered?
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 07, 2011
This is brilliant. Good list of trusted members you've put together too.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by marocguy(m): 8:11pm On Dec 07, 2011
i present a possibility of partnership with the new nairaland charity organisation to achieve a cloth one million almajiris project in katsina state initiated by a new change N.G.O, Beacons nigeria.  It is a cash free but rather new/fairly used clothing materials donations project with anchors all round the country for now.
Check www.beacons-ng.org for more details.
i am an anchor for the south eastern region and over a couple of days of start up,we have achieved a lot. Our target is to give good clothing to 1 million of these almajiris as our own way of effecting change in our society. I believe we can join hands and make this work. We have other projects coming up too. Thanks as i anticipate forming a working partnership to achieve with philantropist ladies and gents on NL
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Odunnu: 8:12pm On Dec 07, 2011
We dont have the intentions of registering it, atleast not yet. Its just an assembly of volunteers who may be random partners to help alleviate suffering in a targeted individual/persons.
toluxa1:

I am not sure whether or not this has been discussed in previous pages of this thread but has legal registration of this Organisation (NCO) been considered?
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 8:14pm On Dec 07, 2011
marocguy:

i present a possibility of partnership with the new nairaland charity organisation to achieve a cloth one million almajiris project in katsina state initiated by a new change N.G.O, Beacons nigeria.  It is a cash free but rather new/fairly used clothing materials donations project with anchors all round the country for now.
Check www.beacons-ng.org for more details.
i am an anchor for the south eastern region and over a couple of days of start up,we have achieved a lot. Our target is to give good clothing to 1 million of these almajiris as our own way of effecting change in our society. I believe we can join hands and make this work. We have other projects coming up too. Thanks as i anticipate forming a working partnership to achieve with philantropist ladies and gents on NL

please send us an email nairalandcharity@gmail.com

at the moment we are still trying to get the team together
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Fhemmmy: 8:15pm On Dec 07, 2011
I read somewhere that money from Obuh's project was carried over to this Charitable organization . . . . I would suggest that the money be given to the Obuhs and draw a deadline to which people could donate to the Obuhs and not use the money from them on this.

Let donation from this be fresh.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by BlackRevo: 8:22pm On Dec 07, 2011
Please the name should not have anything to do with nairaland especially for unseen future strategies and events.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 8:22pm On Dec 07, 2011
Fhemmmy:

I read somewhere that money from Obuh's project was carried over to this Charitable organization . . . .  I would suggest that the money be given to the Obuhs and draw a deadline to which people could donate to the Obuhs and not use the money from them on this.

The Oburs are set for now and we are monitoring them for the next 3 months. Its not advisable to hand money over to them thats why we are waiting to see what happens in the next couple of months.

As our duty, we are suppose to let you guys know what we have left from the project and if any other need arise because this will be a continuation of our charity project so its just like money in the bank.

Black_Revo:

Please the name should not have anything to do with nairaland especially for unseen future strategies and events.

we are open to suggestions
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by OAM4J: 8:31pm On Dec 07, 2011
Fhemmmy:

I read somewhere that money from Obuh's project was carried over to this Charitable organization . . . . I would suggest that the money be given to the Obuhs and draw a deadline to which people could donate to the Obuhs and not use the money from them on this.

Giving the remaining balance to the Obuhs at this time will be very unwise. I will rather suggest that you all trust us to hold the balance in your trust. Even though we will be considering other projects, we will still keep our eyes on the Obuhs and give them more as the need to arises.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by toluxa1(m): 8:34pm On Dec 07, 2011
K. I have to go now. Good job guys.

@r231. Don't forget to consider my interest. Stay blessed.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by r231(m): 8:35pm On Dec 07, 2011
^^^^^sure

Guys,

We have 3 positions left

the criteria for these positions are -

Notes:
- 5, 6 and 7 must be Nigeria-based
- Not to be sexiest but must be at least 2 females and a guy
- Must be able to donate some of their precious time to go out and investigate cases
- To physically confirm and lead projects; must be in Nigeria, ready to devote time for the exercises
- Must be a regular poster on Nairaland NOT once a week poster
- Member since at least 2007 as there will be a lot money involved
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Fhemmmy: 8:39pm On Dec 07, 2011
OAM4J:

Giving the remaining balance to the Obuhs at this time will be very unwise. I will rather suggest that you all trust us to hold the balance in your trust. Even though we will be considering other projects, we will still keep our eyes on the Obuhs and give them more as the need to arises.

That is fair
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by obowunmi(m): 8:56pm On Dec 07, 2011
coogar:

as long as you are not into money-laundering!
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

How will someone launder money into charity ? Don't people steal for themselves,
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by semid4lyfe(m): 9:11pm On Dec 07, 2011
^^Peeps into the thread and leaves quietly. . . .
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by chibaby5(f): 9:17pm On Dec 07, 2011
Wooww beautiful thread. I like it that some Nigerians still have a conscience.
Proof dat we are not all bad eggs. Hopefully this doesnt turn out to be a good work gone bad smiley
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by maki(f): 9:40pm On Dec 07, 2011
Ok really don't ve the patience to read through the pages, but for whatever it's for, am game.
Would have loved to be in d committee but am an office person.
Re: Nairaland Charity Organisation- E-Helpers Network by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 07, 2011
I personally feel the name Nairaland shouldn't be used here.

No one knows how big this Charity will grow in future, and what other Foundations may become involved. We as members of Nairaland know what Nairaland refers to, Nairaland may have a completely different meaning to others. We know how the rest of the world perceives Nigeria. Having a name that simply refers to currency could send the wrong message, and so I feel the name is inappropriate for any Charity.

This is however my personal opinion, others may feel different.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (25)

Electric Shock Kills Fulani Man's Cow In Delta(photos) / Meet President Jonathan's Look Alike. Smashing Resemblance / Lagos Children Beat Father Christmas That Showed Up Without Gifts (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.