Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,031 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Effects Of Undescended Testes - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Effects Of Undescended Testes (3303 Views)

Help Which Std Causes Hotness In The Testes Ang Groin Area / Facts About The Testes. Must Read For Guys. / Is It Normal For Someones Testes To Be Strong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Effects Of Undescended Testes by mannet(m): 12:51am On Nov 13, 2011
Hi guys I'm glad to be a member of this great family and I've never seized to appreciate the great people that make up this forum.

Quickly without taking ur time i will like to direct my queries concerning my health to the medical professionals in the house with knowledge on the subject matter, I was born with an undescended testes and was operated upon to bring down the testes but after sometimes the testes went back,at age 12/13 i did another surgery and the testes seem to be coming down again but unfortunately it didn't.
i and my parents were scared whether i was going to be fertile or be able to impregnate a woman but three years ago i impregnated my ex GF,also my sexual performance have not been stable sometimes I'm very active and strong,the next moment am completely down without an erection no matter how i try.
Right now am 27 yrs old and still the testes is inside/below my abdomen but i can't feel it anymore though i do feel pains below my abdomen and great pains on my other testes outside.
I had always wanted to go for the surgery myself but due to financial constraint I'm handicapped,am planning to go for the surgery before the middle of next year when i will be able to finance the operation myself.Am also planning to get married in the next 1 or 2 years and want this issue solved once and for all to prevent any issue in my marriage.
Here comes the question;
1.Please kindly advise if its not too late for me to do the surgery?
2.The reasons for the pains i feel both in my abdomen and testes?
3.Any side effect of the surgery?
4.Any side effect of alcohol base on my health condition?
Re: Effects Of Undescended Testes by TSpayne: 10:41am On Nov 14, 2011
Intresting.
Undescended testicles is an abnormality that begins in the womb before birth ie the testes of a male foetus should have already descended before birth.
CAUSE
The cause is related to an exposure of the male foetus to an insufficient amount of maternal testosterone. This is what causes testicles in a male child to develop during pregnancy, as opposed ovaries in the female. Further testosterone is needed for the testes to 'drop' from the abdomen into the scrotal sac. Obviously, your mother testosterone at the time of your gestation wasn't enough for that.
RISK AND COMPLICATIONS

1. INFERTILITY -HEAT inside your abdomen is at a higher temprature than it is in your scrotum.
This heat could damage your testicles seminiferous tubules causing this.

2. FEMINIZATION
if the testes remain too long in the adbdomen they could not only loose their ability to produce sperm thy could DIE.
If that happened you will lose most manly physical attributes and functions like facial hair, erections and muscle strength.

3. MALIGNANCY
Testes that remain in the abdomen for too long could become cancerous.

TREATMENT
Surgery. Your previous operation was badly done. Not only must the testicles be brought down, they must also be fixed to scrotum to prevent their return. Called an ORCHIDOPEXY.

Seek urgent surgical intervention from a surgeon who knows what he's doing. Do it fast !

(1) (Reply)

.... / A New World Class Hospital In Nigeria ( Photos) / Drinking Fanta Or Sprite With Vitamin C Is Potentially Poisonous

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.