Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,236 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Do Nigerians Drink Coffee? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Do Nigerians Drink Coffee? (3917 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? / Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? / Why Do Nigerians Cook Their Stew So Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Nigerians Drink Coffee? by lindabells(f): 1:33am On Nov 13, 2011
Hey Guys, Do nigerians drink coffee? Tell us
Also tell us your Brand and how regular you take coffee.

Thanks everyone
Re: Do Nigerians Drink Coffee? by denzel2009: 2:02am On Nov 13, 2011
See question. Dont you see hausa tea and coffee hawkers all over vi and ikoyi. Do you think they use it to tamba?
Re: Do Nigerians Drink Coffee? by lindabells(f): 2:57am On Nov 13, 2011
Hi Denzel, if you do drink coffee, tell us and tell us your brand , thanks
Re: Do Nigerians Drink Coffee? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 3:00am On Nov 13, 2011
I think coffee was made for co-operate businessmen/women and final year students in tertiary institutions. Just saying
Re: Do Nigerians Drink Coffee? by lindabells(f): 3:09am On Nov 13, 2011
@Bcuzimblack, Thanks for responding. Do you say that because of its ability to keep you awake? Does that mean you do not take coffee largely also due to its functions. What would you rather have coffee do for you?
Re: Do Nigerians Drink Coffee? by denzel2009: 3:14am On Nov 13, 2011
I now hate coffee cos i used to work with a popular coffee company, every meeting is a coffee ritual. So, i have had coffee consumption to last me till end of my life. Thanks.
Re: Do Nigerians Drink Coffee? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 3:18am On Nov 13, 2011
I take coffee during exam periods because of its ability to keep me awake, and that usually follows with fever due to stresss.
To me, coffee is my reading steroid
Re: Do Nigerians Drink Coffee? by lindabells(f): 3:31am On Nov 13, 2011
@ Denzel , really wow. From what i understand now, its largely drank worldwide, hence i wonder. What about healthy coffees, do you take these or would you take them.
Re: Do Nigerians Drink Coffee? by manny4life(m): 4:47am On Nov 13, 2011
Although me don't stay in Nigeria, but coffee is a MUST for me now that we are in Fall Season. I have to drink coffee several times a day and not because it keeps me awake (that's why we have Red Bull), but because it's coffee, grin grin grin
Re: Do Nigerians Drink Coffee? by Jenifa1: 4:52am On Nov 13, 2011
no. they eat kolanuts.

denzel2009:

See question. Dont you see hausa tea and coffee hawkers all over vi and ikoyi. Do you think they use it to tamba?

lol
Re: Do Nigerians Drink Coffee? by Dgunnerz(m): 7:22am On Nov 13, 2011
I drink Coffee(Nescafe) once in a Month!
Re: Do Nigerians Drink Coffee? by denzel2009: 11:00am On Nov 13, 2011
lindabells:

@ Denzel , really wow. From what i understand now, its largely drank worldwide, hence i wonder. What about healthy coffees, do you take these or would you take them.

When you see cafe Nero, Pret a manger and starbucks financial reports, you will understand how lucrative that business is. The only coffee I knew in Nigeria was Nescafe, its not even popular here.
Are there healthy coffees? the only good thing about them is they are now ethically sourced.
Re: Do Nigerians Drink Coffee? by lindabells(f): 5:15am On Nov 14, 2011
denzel2009:

When you see cafe Nero, Pret a manger and starbucks financial reports, you will understand how lucrative that business is. The only coffee I knew in Nigeria was Nescafe, its not even popular here.
Are there healthy coffees? the only good thing about them is they are now ethically sourced.

Healthy coffee is what i am drinking now and you can't believe what it does so i wanted to share, but i was'nt really sure if its widely consumed here. Its calming effects is second to none.From what i have gathered, you are right , coffee business is very lucrative from these coffee company's financial reports.
I can share the healthy coffee with you Denzel and everyone
Re: Do Nigerians Drink Coffee? by cedlinx: 10:06pm On Dec 30, 2013
I know this thread is old... but I couldn't help but notice that ONLY ONE respondent answered the (very simple and straight forward) question. Nigerians! By the way, I rarely take coffee but when I do, it's Nescafe (don't wanna be like most of the respondents, so..., my answer)
Re: Do Nigerians Drink Coffee? by rumenase(m): 1:02pm On Oct 06, 2017
lindabells:

lindabells:

lindabells:

pls share
Re: Do Nigerians Drink Coffee? by rumenase(m): 1:03pm On Oct 06, 2017
lindabells:

[/b][quote author=lindabells post=9551074]

pls share especially one that we have here in Nigeria
Re: Do Nigerians Drink Coffee? by Probz(m): 6:17pm On Oct 06, 2017
Hell yeah. At least if I’m someone to go by.
Re: Do Nigerians Drink Coffee? by Ladyjumong(f): 11:08am On Oct 07, 2017
kinda rare

(1) (Reply)

Worst Food Combination / What Is Your Favorite Saturday Breakfast / Help With Ogbonna Soup.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.