Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

I Visited The Morgue Unprepared - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Visited The Morgue Unprepared (36402 Views)

63-year-old Woman’s Corpse Disappears From Ondo Morgue / COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) / What You Should Do If You Have Not Visited The Toilet In A While (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Love800(m): 2:32pm On Mar 12
Alright
Adewale1603:
no. I don't know. And I don't want to know
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by themanderon: 2:34pm On Mar 12
zed7:
Horrible experience. You will repent immediately, you will become humble, until after a while, the human nature comes back and you forget all that you learned.

My first experience, I was traumatised. It's funny how the morgue attendants see corpses as just ordinary.

So true. That wicked human nature makes you forget the experience but truth is every living soul should visit the morgue especially our thieving politicians and those wicked Nigeriams that love making the lives of their fellow men miserable.
I took my mum there last year for my very first experience as I loved her so much that I would visit anywhere for her sake.
I saw the rich, poor, able, handicapped, fair, dark, large, small, aged,young, educated, illiterate. Etc all lying naked next to one another. These where people like us who once had life in them, eating, sleeping and doing just about the things we do on a daily basis without a care in the world but look at them lying stone cold frozen dead.
Truly life is vanity just like king Solomon told us in Ecclesiastes vanity and vexation of spirit is all this world is about. Love God and obey his commandments for this is the whole duty of man. Every other thing is vanity.

3 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Oluwaseun2020(m): 2:39pm On Mar 12
JuanXXx:
Somehow, I know spirit are real and the African voodoo and shi. So i'm planning to go there again but this time around be prepared and all that.

While I'd love any suggestions on how to overcome the stench. I want to spend more time there, I have got some question to ask her. Might go there with a camera maybe I'd capture anything unusual.

So medical practitioners, how does it feels when your patient self delete of any cause.

you sha wan see big yansh and small yansh with different breast...okay
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Tombrown3(m): 2:40pm On Mar 12
airsaylongcome:
The way we embalm with formalin in this country is very horrible. I've seen some really gross embalment done by half assed mortuary attendants (obviously not trained morticians).

Very horrible, I get upset seeing the corpses from our local morgue.

Can't we use the "Oyibo" system?

What's the solution to this?

5 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Theevilone(m): 2:40pm On Mar 12
Wow. I have had two experiences like this.
One happened in 2011. There is this my mum’s uncle suffering from prostrate illness so that very morning around 12 noon I was hearing a bass like voice from the other compound I thought maybe some people visited the sick man, the bass like voice lasted for a while so cross to their compound to peep, behold the man was struggling with life, I quickly rush out and informed people we all gathered there in the parlor he was laying and right before us he gave up to the ghost.

They tried to brought him to the floor I refused to join cus is was scared. He was buried that very night and it was so terrifying.

Second experience was just this 24 Xmas, a family member died in teaching hospital Lagos.

They brought her back to a morgue in Anambra here, I and some extended family members went to morgue to receive her remains, she finally arrived in bodybag, it was my first time in the morgue and what I saw lived with me for some days.

Behind the main morgue building there are abandoned corpses, some dried whitish ones are stacked dried like stock fishes, some are still fresh littered on the floor untouched, some naked .

Meanwhile we have also another family member in that morgue to be buried in January, so one of our sister visiting her often in the mortuary show us where is laying the Son who is one of the richest in our village couldn’t looking his loving mother twice, his mood changed.

I was sober for some days.

Pardon my errors pls .

2 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by ScarletBrace(m): 2:49pm On Mar 12
reciprokal:
from your language, it's obvious you're a lost low breed. Then from your choice of words, you're a fool A baseleslly ignorant and arrogan idiot

"you allowed him to lead"

Are you in a position to do otherwise? You wan first the mortuary attendant enter before?

Then you described the stench of the corpse including that if your friend? That's so disrespectful.

Just because you're gunning for attention here and what to see how you're pretending to write like one unfortunate ghetto drugged up African American illiterate.

disrespectful attention-seeking, wannabe ghetto twerp.

Lost fool

Abeg na who be this?
Them use bitter leaf swear for you?
Why this bitterness?
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by airsaylongcome: 3:03pm On Mar 12
Tombrown3:

Very horrible, I get upset seeing the corpses from our local morgue.

Can't we use the "Oyibo" system?

What's the solution to this?

I wish I knew! Old embalming techniques possibly. The fluids used with the newer techniques are also more expensive
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Tombrown3(m): 3:07pm On Mar 12
airsaylongcome:

I wish I knew! Old embalming techniques possibly. The fluids used with the newer techniques are also more expensive
Then let them use it and charge more.

I see no reason why a dead body should be kept in a local morgue for 1 or 2 months.

At the end, you'll end up buring a skeleton.
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Focusmind: 3:08pm On Mar 12
Whobedatte:

The hospital dry nah
Are you sure it's Isolo general hosp

Yes, normally dry but not that day I went there - two people died, one after the other
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by kenchop: 3:08pm On Mar 12
NOT ME COS ILL BE RAPTURED

illuminutty:
100 years from NOW, everyone on this platform would have died, processed in a morgue and buried.

1 Like

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by hansomb: 3:13pm On Mar 12
Geovanni412:

The morgue and the hospital

Ecclesiastes 7:2-3 King James Version (KJV)
It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that is the end of all men; and the living will lay it to his heart. Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better.

They don't preach this verse in most Churches but this is the bitter reality

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by hansomb: 3:13pm On Mar 12
Acidosis:

It is one of the reasons I see birthdays differently from how many see it. It's always a sober moment for me. Each birthday you celebrate, you are actually closer to your death. Is the whole funfair necessary? Maybe, but do it with sense and reflection.
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by bomsilaga(m): 3:15pm On Mar 12
My humbling moment was when I was in the vehicle taking my late mom to the morgue on a beautiful Sunday morning.
I saw people along the way, laughing, shaking hands, well dressed and all manner of people. No one cared about my grief as it didn't concern them.
One day it would be thier turn and I wouldn't even be bothered.
There's no need to tear eachother down as we are all plagued with the same mystery.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by loganx: 3:17pm On Mar 12
Political office holders and judges should be made to have a routine visit to the morgue every quarter of the year.

Let them be reminded that they can't gain anything from being corrupt with endless stealing of public funds other than leaving behind a good name by serving the people.
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by onadana: 3:18pm On Mar 12
tabaralph:

One of our companies driver was knocked down by a danfo driver along bolade oshodi driving against the traffic 15years ago, the body was taken to ayinke house for embalming, the day we took his corpse to ekpoma was the first and the last day I was a the mortuary ,as the admin manager I had to lead the corpse to his town for burial, on getting to the hospital for collection, my self and two of my staff were asked to come for final identification before closing the coffin,then on our way along the corridor I saw where a mortician opened up the skull of a dead man like opening a calabash in half and he was literally fumbling with the whitish brain 🧠 looking for God know what, I almost fainted, since that day mortuaries are no no for me.

It's a reality we must live with.I buried my mum in 2010,buried my dad in 2017,buried my wife in 2019.I had my fair share of death and also visiting the mortuary on other occasions.My late wife and I had a son,I taught him what to expect in death because it must surely come.He was young but he accompanied me to the mortuary on all occasions,little wonder he even managed his mum's death better than I.I made him understand life also comes with pains,the pains of death.

6 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by airsaylongcome: 3:22pm On Mar 12
Tombrown3:

Then let them use it and charge more.

I see no reason why a dead body should be kept in a local morgue for 1 or 2 months.

At the end, you'll end up buring a skeleton.

Well it's a case of market forces (demand vs supply). Nigerians are very price sensitive and will almost always go for a cheaper option if they have a choice. Consider that it is often cheaper to store a corpse for a few months in the rainy season (when the roads are bad) than to embark on a long journey during the rains, transporting the corpse home. So there is a tendency to "over preserve" the body by using excess (cheap) formalin

3 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by deltaF0SS: 3:26pm On Mar 12
reciprokal:
from your language, it's obvious you're a lost low breed. Then from your choice of words, you're a fool A baseleslly ignorant and arrogant idiot

JuanXXx:

I was leading the way and he told me to wait outside while he enter first and signal for me to come later.
I sha allow him to lead and wait at the reception with my friend (baba dey fear give excuse).

same with the bravado

message received tho

1 Like

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by reciprokal: 3:33pm On Mar 12
ZACHIE:

Eeyah. See fresh and sweet smelling body.
Acute mind dwelling among the departeds and stil running advocacy among the living.

It is an interesting world out there among you guys. But, please, choose a permanent address.

You can't be shuffling between both worlds ,undisturbed and still be so vile and abusive.

It is wrong , my guy.

let me pick you apart.

*1 you don't have a fix address. As you yourself admitted You're sleeping in at your friend's place often close to the morgue.

*2 you were struggling to lead the mortician inside the mortuary. That shows you're one step behind the dead.

*3 you described your friend's corpse as stinking and told the unconcerned world you couldn't stay 2 minutes. What low breed idiot you are.

*3 you're trying to speak like ghetto African American when you're a Nigerian using pit latrine sharing Igbo laces with the spittle of your fellow homeless skanks.

* You're the op using a different moniker for damage control and liking your own post because you're dead in the real world and like your friend , Nairaland is your morgue where we the subscribers give you the attendance your real life denied you.

Son of the damned!
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by SPAMBOX7: 3:35pm On Mar 12
JuanXXx:
So someone close to me died and her body was deposited at the morgue and luckily for me, the place is just a few step from my friends place ( I often sleep there).

Got there, I meet the attendant and it was only one guy on duty. I was sho, only you dey manage all dead body here, na boss you be oo.

I was leading the way and he told me to wait outside while he enter first and signal for me to come later.
I sha allow him to lead and wait at the reception with my friend( baba dey fear give excuse).

Few minute, he told me to come and I obliged. Omo corps was littered everywhere. Normal local morgue oo. Formalin was used to persevere all of them and they are all of different size and shape. I knew I was going there to see some cadavers, but when I got there, a different reality was dawn on me. If is should count they should be more than 400. He showed me her body and I told him okay let's go. I spent less than 2 minutes, not because I was afraid but the stench be killing me.
After that incidence, I see life from different perspectives. Like, at the end of the day we all equal. Omo, there is no class or status there. Everyone is equal, naked and laying next each other...

Just try to enjoy life while you are alive, try all your possible best to be happy with/without drug. Spread the happiness, if na joint share am and food or update.

@Emboldened.
You get mind o cheesy
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Gabkosh: 3:42pm On Mar 12
Chasito:
Nothing dey this life o, "Na him somebody go just open mouth tell another person,"do you know who I am?" cheesy
Or I am not in your class.

What class abeg?

1 Like

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by winner37(m): 3:42pm On Mar 12
I had the experience 3 years ago.. The burial of my granny it happened I was among the people who will accompanied the sons and daughters to the morgue when we got there I Saw like three casket outside waiting to be taken when it was our turn my granny was well dressed and placed in the casket so the morgue attendant asked us to open the casket and check before we take it inside the ambulance no one could open the casket even my elder brother didn't even get closer to the casket there i walked in open the casket my granny was inside i even to touch her body because i loved her so much ...
Life is nothing, once someone is dead he or she has automatically turn to something else ..

10 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Gabkosh: 3:43pm On Mar 12
illuminutty:
100 years from NOW, everyone on this platform would have died, processed in a morgue and buried.
You are very correct.

1 Like

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by diogo23: 3:53pm On Mar 12
Rexymania:
Walai this topic is the most solemn topic on Nairaland
Only going through it give me reason to see live in different angle

1 Like

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Kyn4life: 4:12pm On Mar 12
illuminutty:

PSALMS 90: 10 States: The span of our life is 70 years, Or 80 if one is especially strong. But they are filled with trouble and sorrow; They quickly pass by, and away we fly.

Do you think 100years is even possible especially now?
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by tabaralph: 4:17pm On Mar 12
onadana:

It's a reality we must live with.I buried my mum in 2010,buried my dad in 2017,buried my wife in 2019.I had my fair share of death and also visiting the mortuary on other occasions.My late wife and I had a son,I taught him what to expect in death because it must surely come.He was young but he accompanied me to the mortuary on all occasions,little wonder he even managed his mum's death better than me.I made him understand life also comes with pains,the pains of death.
It’s well with you bro…

5 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Dbarrzx: 4:23pm On Mar 12
Every new year should be seen as a one step closer to the beyond ..take it as a point for sober reflection and not getting overjoyed.
We are just a passenger, we all donna drop at various bus stop and some at same bus stop...like Wigwe.... Life!!!!

2 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Babaibeji2020(m): 4:30pm On Mar 12
illuminutty:
Though it sounds cringing 😬
Some of us might not even have a corpse to be buried......Wighe's bodies were burnt out......

4 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by sweetgala(m): 4:36pm On Mar 12
Elzazzi:

A Sars officer electrocuted your cousin and even killed him just like that ? I thought Sars has been dissolved. But didn't you guys take any legal action?

Sars only got desolved circa October/November 2020
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Dshocker(m): 4:38pm On Mar 12
nifemi25:
Early 2023 a cousin of mine was electrocuted by a sars officer at Ibadan. He was accused of been a yahoo boy... He was later dumped at one general hospital at Ibadan, where we later went to retrieve his dead body for proper burial. When we got to the mogue, lots of human dead body were litered around. About 400 corpes and they have all dried .. no matter how your heart is strong once you entered the mogue. You will surely have second thoughts for life

How did you people know it was Sars that killed him?
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Elzazzi: 4:46pm On Mar 12
sweetgala:

Sars only got desolved circa October/November 2020

Notwithstanding why didn’t you guys report the case. Since he was killed unjustly
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by lendahand(m): 5:06pm On Mar 12
nifemi25:
Early 2023 a cousin of mine was electrocuted by a sars officer at Ibadan. He was accused of been a yahoo boy... He was later dumped at one general hospital at Ibadan, where we later went to retrieve his dead body for proper burial. When we got to the mogue, lots of human dead body were litered around. About 400 corpes and they have all dried .. no matter how your heart is strong once you entered the mogue. You will surely have second thoughts for life
Sars still dey exist?
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by kenny160: 5:09pm On Mar 12
delishpot:

I started feeling that way 20 something years ago and I am a follower of Christ' teaching not a muslim. Many christians don't celebrate birthdays as per religious rule.
I also don't see new year as a time to celebrate but rather a time to reflect on my past and ask God for grace in the new year.
just like me too, in fact on crossover night of new year I dnt know why I always sad coz is the time foe me to think and remember how I have been spending the years back. Same night I will add one year to my year and remember I am minus one make God forgive our sins

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Snakes Invade Communities In Plateau State, Attacks Many / 3 Major Ingredients Of Energy Drinks And Their Adverse Effects / Monkey Pox Outbreak: Important Things You Should Know About Monkeypox

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.