Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

I Visited The Morgue Unprepared - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Visited The Morgue Unprepared (36405 Views)

63-year-old Woman’s Corpse Disappears From Ondo Morgue / COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) / What You Should Do If You Have Not Visited The Toilet In A While (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by lendahand(m): 5:09pm On Mar 12
Rexymania:
Walai this topic is the most solemn topic on Nairaland
moment of sober reflection sha. Jesus will heal our hearts though.

3 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by lendahand(m): 5:11pm On Mar 12
Chasito:
Nothing dey this life o, "Na him somebody go just open mouth tell another person,"do you know who I am?" cheesy
grin e get one man like that once you tell him that he will fire back at you with "dust and ashes, that's who you are" you sef go weak.

1 Like

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Banbanna(m): 5:25pm On Mar 12
So true. The physical body is just a container holding our true self, the soul. Sometimes, while before the mirror, I intentionally massage my face just to feel my skull's structure. I will then say to myself, that I'm nothing more than just some bag of bones.
2pep:
Men that lust after flesh (female bodies) never been to the morgue or witness deadly accident that shattered human flesh, you will know that our bodies are just carton housing our inward man.
All na vanity sha.

2 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by onadana: 5:28pm On Mar 12
tabaralph:

It’s well with you bro…

Thank you.
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Obierika(m): 5:31pm On Mar 12
Love800:
Hello.
Do u know how one can get employment to work in a mortuary?

No I have no contacts whatsoever in a mortuary!
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by NFBI: 5:36pm On Mar 12
kenny160:
just like me too, in fact on crossover night of new year I dnt know why I always sad coz is the time foe me to think and remember how I have been spending the years back. Same night I will add one year to my year and remember I am minus one make God forgive our sins
Same with me i hate cross over night because i know another +1 will be added to my birthday
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by sweetgala(m): 5:48pm On Mar 12
Elzazzi:

Notwithstanding why didn’t you guys report the case. Since he was killed unjustly

I'm only responding to the post about the cessation of sars
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Essence20(m): 5:50pm On Mar 12
A visit to the morgue is really important for people to have a proper view of life.

I will never forget the first day I went in there. It was a mixture of emotions and stark reality of life. Looking at my mom's body lying still and completely motionless with many others, just like unusual quite quietness in a crowded room, dead silence. Can't remember what was going on in my mind, but I was completely devastated.
I've continued to use that experience to readjust my living.

My lessons...
Love other people, treat them with respect, be humble, we are all headed in one direction...your possessions cannot and will not save you from that ultimate destiny.
May God help us

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Banbanna(m): 5:58pm On Mar 12
You made a very good point here. The way we run the place we keep our departed ones is truly revolting and that makes it kinda scary to people. The authorities should really bring in some sanity to that aspect of our lives.
Calitoscassius:
It is only in Naigeeria or africa people are afraid of motuary, dead body or coffin, when i was working at the NHS hospital as a security we must go into the morgues to check if body is missing, count them and make sure all are intact even at nights, i always looked to see if i can find ghosts i didn't see any. At first i was apprehensive, after about 6 months, sometimes i have to go alone to check on the "deadies" as we called them, unlike how the Op described the one he went to these morgues were very clean, sprayed with airfresner and they are very well preserved, we also had forensics investigators come in to pick up and return. Cleaners came in to clean the whole place. .

Death is inevitable for everyone.. better to embrace it rather than afraid of it.

3 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Calitoscassius(m): 6:24pm On Mar 12
Banbanna:
You made a very good point here. The way we run the place we keep our departed ones is truly revolting and that makes it kinda scary to people. The authorities should really bring in some sanity to that aspect of our lives.
Absolutely! There is nothing to be afraid of about dead people, afterall, they don't bite. cheesy

The envronment and conditions they are kept should be even more clean than where the living lives. Not in filty conditions that would make them seem scary and bizzare

These people were our friends or families before they died, why suddenly we are afraid of them when they die even though they are harmless.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by 2pep(m): 6:26pm On Mar 12
Banbanna:
So true. The physical body is just a container holding our true self, the soul. Sometimes, while before the mirror, I intentionally massage my face just to feel my skull's structure. I will then say to myself, that I'm nothing more than just some bag of bones.
Man who is born of a woman is of few days and full of trouble (Job 14:1).
We tend to give so much attention to our physical body and care less to our inward man that will potentially face judgement on the last day.

3 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by delishpot: 6:37pm On Mar 12
kenny160:
just like me too, in fact on crossover night of new year I dnt know why I always sad coz is the time foe me to think and remember how I have been spending the years back. Same night I will add one year to my year and remember I am minus one make God forgive our sins

Amen bro. This life na wisdom we need first before anything else. May God bless this year for us
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Verbtips(m): 6:48pm On Mar 12
you know today
you no know 2moro
we dey this life base on the time wey we borrow.
tiger battery wey then no use go spoil las las
the one wey them use go comot water and become useless las las
but na the time wey e happen nayin differ but the end na death.life too short live it good and well appreciated life so if hell exsist you excape it and if it don't na jara
gringringringrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Verbtips(m): 6:51pm On Mar 12
NFBI:
Same with me i hate cross over night because i know another +1 will be added to my birthday
simple way to stop such.
the remedy is u should get one bottle of sinp_er and enjoy infact from that very moment the it will take effect and such wont happen again
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by NFBI: 6:57pm On Mar 12
Verbtips:
simple way to stop such.
the remedy is u should get one bottle of sinp_er and enjoy infact from that very moment the it will take effect and such wont happen again
Bipolar disorder

1 Like

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Edipet(m): 7:03pm On Mar 12
Focusmind:
Morgue is even extreme - just pay a visit to teaching hospital or federal or state medical centers - you will see how people are dying per hour and been wrapped in white clothes. I was in Isolo General hospital in the accidents and emergency wards, you will continue to hear people wailing and crying and shouting. I had to go outside to the car stand shed to sit down. The sight was just too traumatic for me.
omor general hospital emergency/ accident ward is scary. Like 15 people go die in a day

3 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Verbtips(m): 7:09pm On Mar 12
NFBI:
Bipolar disorder
e never reach dat level
gringringrin
SINCE DEATH IS INEVICTABLE TRY ENJOY TODAY LIKE SAY 2MORO NO DEY
AND LIVE A DECENT LIFE
SO YOU DIE WITHOUT REGRET
I MEAN THAT 10K YOU GET 4 ACCT TAKE AM GO MARKET BUY BETTER MEAT,FISH,PORMO,EGG.RICE E.T.C
AND ENJOY
gringrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Love800(m): 7:11pm On Mar 12
Okay
Obierika:

No I have no contacts whatsoever in a mortuary!
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by OniyideAmplify(m): 7:29pm On Mar 12
reciprokal:
from your language, it's obvious you're a lost low breed. Then from your choice of words, you're a fool A baseleslly ignorant and arrogan idiot

"you allowed him to lead"

Are you in a position to do otherwise? You wan first the mortuary attendant enter before?

Then you described the stench of the corpse including that of your friend? That's so disrespectful.

Just because you're gunning for attention here and want us to see how you're pretending to write like one unfortunate ghetto drugged up African American illiterate.

disrespectful attention-seeking, wannabe ghetto twerp.

Lost fool
You're so unfortunate bro, I mean nothing good can never come out of people like you because you are too bitter to experience sweetness.

After all, that guy no even follow you talk. Idiot

1 Like

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Justnation: 7:30pm On Mar 12
dexmond:
What happens after death? Will the people be judged for all the things they did while alive? If no judgement, won't it be useless and vanity for one to care about the good?

The obvious truth is that everyone will face judgment after death. We shall all answer for our deeds while on earth

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by jojothaiv(m): 7:32pm On Mar 12
Negroid001:

Had a similar experience. Didn't go to the morgue. We had to bury a friend ourselves, bath for him, buy casket, ropes and even dug the grave. Yo! That's the day i became a man.

My perspective about life took a different direction that day.
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Stawner16(m): 7:39pm On Mar 12
zed7:
Horrible experience. You will repent immediately, you will become humble, until after a while, the human nature comes back and you forget all that you learned.

My first experience, I was traumatised. It's funny how the morgue attendants see corpses as just ordinary.

They deal with that everyday so they’ve be become desensitized to it
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by reciprokal: 7:44pm On Mar 12
OniyideAmplify:
You're so unfortunate bro, I mean nothing good can never come out of people like you because you are too bitter to experience sweetness.

After all, that guy no even follow you talk. Idiot

it gives me unquantifiable joy to see my posts evoke this kind of pain. You're the OP in another costume

Nevertheless, the good in me cannot be quantified by the life sum of your existence and that of your heritage, past and future combined

I'm the seed your mother is organically inferior to birth.
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by NFBI: 8:30pm On Mar 12
Verbtips:
e never reach dat level
gringringrin
SINCE DEATH IS INEVICTABLE TRY ENJOY TODAY LIKE SAY 2MORO NO DEY
AND LIVE A DECENT LIFE
SO YOU DIE WITHOUT REGRET
I MEAN THAT 10K YOU GET 4 ACCT TAKE AM GO MARKET BUY BETTER MEAT,FISH,PORMO,EGG.RICE E.T.C
AND ENJOY
gringrin
You don't tell a man how to spend his money
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by blueAgent(m): 8:31pm On Mar 12
weslineo:
That is why it is very important to know that man is a spirit that lives forever. The body is our earth suit. These bodies you saw have exited their earth suit. We simply exit our Earth suit and our spirit goes on to live forever, either in heaven or hell based on our acceptance of Jesus Christ who died for our sins because of His so much love for us.JOHN 3VS 16 AND JOHN 3 VS 3.
It seems this generation has lost the knowledge that life continues after now. Yet these things have been clearly stated in the Bible which is available to us all. Your acceptance or rejection/denial of this does not change what has been written. Jesus is the only way, my friend.

Na lie.

Which spirit lives forever?
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by favour32(m): 8:41pm On Mar 12
Morgue na beautiful place to visit.

E go humble you, if you dey normal and get sense.

Create happy moments.

Nothing dey.

2 Likes

Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Verbtips(m): 9:18pm On Mar 12
NFBI:
You don't tell a man how to spend his money
how i take know say na 10k dey e acct
am just craking jokes
the message there is to live a good life
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Singlenhappy(f): 10:11pm On Mar 12
Inevitable end of all mortals!
Omihanifa:
When I saw Herbert wigwe's body together with his wife and son I was weak. It was inside a carton and placed on the floor. I was just thinking this life is just somehow.
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by tete7000(m): 10:18pm On Mar 12
Calitoscassius:
yea right! grin judgement by who? And where? And why? How?

No one knows what comes after death! Unless you have met anyone who died that can confirm they faced judgements. Otherwise all are just imaginations. Jesus, eternity, Lord, saviour and God are all imaginations.

‭‭Luke 16:27-31 NIV‬‬
[27] “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, [28] for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’ [29] “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’ [30] “ ‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’ [31] “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’ ”

https://luke.bible/luke-16-27

You are there in verse 31, not even someone risen from death can convince you.
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by Calitoscassius(m): 10:55pm On Mar 12
tete7000:

‭‭Luke 16:27-31 NIV‬‬
[27] “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, [28] for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’ [29] “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’ [30] “ ‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’ [31] “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’ ”

https://luke.bible/luke-16-27

You are there in verse 31, not even someone risen from death can convince you.
More fairytale imaginations, you don't need to convince me, show me proofs!, there is a different between convincing and proving, go and learn the difference.

Moses all that shit never happened. It is just fairytale. grin you have being brainwashed badly.
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by 7upnigeria: 11:33pm On Mar 12
Rexymania:
Walai this topic is the most solemn topic on Nairaland

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: I Visited The Morgue Unprepared by JuanXXx: 12:42am On Mar 13
reciprokal:
from your language, it's obvious you're a lost low breed. Then from your choice of words, you're a fool A baseleslly ignorant and arrogan idiot

"you allowed him to lead"

Are you in a position to do otherwise? You wan first the mortuary attendant enter before?

Then you described the stench of the corpse including that of your friend? That's so disrespectful.

Just because you're gunning for attention here and want us to see how you're pretending to write like one unfortunate ghetto drugged up African American illiterate.

disrespectful attention-seeking, wannabe ghetto twerp.

Lost fool

Lol, just found out that I made a lot of mistakes while writing this and I was unable to cross check for error(s). ( guess I was too engrossed on this clout chasing thing, but trust me that's not the case).

Anyways, I'm sorry if my experience and write infuriated you, that wasn't the intention. The point is not to ridicule or disrespect the dead.

Once again, I'm sorry. I tried to delete or modify the post but seems one can't edit article on front page already.

Here are few things to note though:

1. The Local morgue in Nigeria filled with unpleasant smells.

2. You don't have any reason to abuse me.

3. The whole point of this is to show how equal we all at the end of the day.

4. Unfortunately, the thread couldn't deliver the purpose it was intended for (no thanks to my disjointed and grammatical riddle article)

This having being said, have a nice day.

Nb: i had to drink before going there, as that's part of what gave me morale to and wrote this thread some minutes after the experience....

It seems someone close to you died recently or something..... I can feel your pain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

3 Major Ingredients Of Energy Drinks And Their Adverse Effects / Monkey Pox Outbreak: Important Things You Should Know About Monkeypox / This sudden Stuttering Problem is making me depressed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.