Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,457 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

The Alliance - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Alliance (169 Views)

UNHOLY ALLIANCE: A Celestial Love And Sacrifice / Unholy Alliance (A Novel) / Unholy Alliance Novel Trailer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Alliance by Thestoryteller: 8:37pm On Mar 08
Hey favs! Get ready to be amazed and get swept off your feets with the incredible story of Kareem and Kareema.❤️

Kareem is a rich, handsome man in his middle thirties, he is very educated and loves sophisticated things. He is full of ego and has little to no respect for people, so because of this, he is feared by many, and that's why his two marriages didn't last.

What happens when he meets Kareema? A woman who is very smart and just wants to get married before she turns Thirty? Find out!

See you all in the comment section. 😉

Bye for now.🌹

1 Like

Re: The Alliance by Negroid001(m): 8:42pm On Mar 08
Following

1 Like

Re: The Alliance by Thestoryteller: 7:23am On Mar 10
Kareema...

Hi, I'm Kareema Aliyu, I'm a youth corper, I was posted to Abuja for my service. I came all the way from Adamawa where I lived with my mom, you should see the drama we both did before she let me come here, that's because I'm her only child and dad is late now.

And now she's at home alone, but not to worry, she's very capable and agile even with her age, she owns a small restaurant just outside our house, she also has some workers helping her out, so I'm sure she'll be fine In sha Allah.

We finished camp, and I went back home to see my mom for a few weeks, and then I returned to Abuja after the short break was over. I stayed with my friend Aisha, we met in camp, she's an average height, fair in complexion lady, in her middle twenties, while I'm in my late twenties.

She already rented a nice two bedroom flat, her father is very rich, And I also learnt that she was posted to a big company, a real estate agency here in Abuja, it was the same company I had my eyes on.

I've been trying to pave my way there and I just hope it works when I go there tomorrow.

Right now we both sat on the couch in the living room, watching TV, I was wearing my Pink pajamas and a grey scarf on my head, while she wore a casual blue gown.

"So you're starting tomorrow?" I asked her and she scoffed.

"No, tomorrow would be my fifth day working there" she replied.

"You couldn't even let me know that you went there to apply, I would have gone with you" I told her, she sighed.

"Oh come on Kareema, you and I both know that you wouldn't be able to make it here on time, and besides dad helped me to get the job" she said shrugging.

"And to think that you didn't like the place when I first mentioned it to you" I said, she rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, I didn't at first, until I looked up their page on IG and I fell in love with the place, and plus their allowance is mad" she said with exaggeration, I sighed

"And did you know they have other branches across this country? I was wowed" she added.

"I just hope I get accepted there, I don't want any other place" I said more to myself,

"I'm sure you will be accepted, they'll love you, that's If they don't accept those other corpers I met there the other day" she said.

This made me groan, as I relaxed back on the couch, I really need this.

As early as 7 am, I was at the agency, it was called SPARKS REAL ESTATE AGENCY, the place screamed perfection.

The Gate men were at their positions, the gardeners were doing their jobs and the cleaners were still working when I arrived there, the place was a bit scanty because it was still very early.

I was in my NYSC uniform, the green trousers, the crested vest, and the green jacket, it is a bit chilly since we're in January, I also wore a white sneakers.

I was seated at the reception, the lady told me that the boss wasn't here yet, so I had to wait.

Now I know why Aisha was still sleeping, well I can't blame her, she already got accepted.

After waiting for almost an hour, a man in his early forties walked in, he was wearing a dark grey kaftan and a black cap.

He looked really handsome, I am guessing he owns the place because everyone kept greeting him, and then I saw the receptionist rushed to his side.

She told him something and he turned back to look at me, I took it as my cue to stand up, and then I walked towards them, I was so nervous.

"Good morning Sir, I... "

"Good morning to you too, I  know why you are here and I'm sorry but we aren't taking more corpers for the time being" he said cutting me off.

"Please Sir, isn't there anything you can do for me? Please? I really need this, I always wanted to work here, I.." I was saying and he spoke again.

"Are you not listening to what I just said? Please madam just look for some place else" he said,  and then he started talking to the receptionist.

I became very disappointed, I had a sad face on as I went to sit back on the chair. It's either this or I'll find myself teaching in a secondary school, God for bid!

I stared at nothing in particular, and then I felt him looking at me, I looked up and our eyes met,  he sighed.

"Madam why are you still here? Shouldn't you be looking for other places?" he asked me from where he was standing,

"And how am I sure that I'm going to get it there? When everything in this country is by who you know. I shouldn't have bothered serving in Abuja" I said the last part more to myself.

I heard him breathed out a sigh, I stood up and I was about to leave when he spoke,

"Follow me" he said to me, and I stared at him blankly as he walked away, he turned back to see me confused

"You are this close to losing your opportunity" he said to me and I immediately followed him, yes!

"What are the necessary skills an agent should have in this type of business?" he asked me, I cleared my throat.

I sat opposite him in his really huge office, the air conditioner was doing it's job well.

"Well, one needs to be an active listener, have time management skills, communication skills, negotiating skills, honesty and integrity.... The list goes on and on sir " I replied, he had a small smile.

"And what if a client doesn't want to purchase from you? How would you deal with the situation?"

"If I had tried all means to convince him and he's still adamant, I'd let him be, as my mom always say about clients or customers, 'if it didn't work out, it just wasn't meant for you' " I replied,

"Impressive, you are actually one of few that answered my questions well, it proves you really want this" he said

"I really do Sir, it's all I ever wanted" I replied.

"I love the enthusiasm, you can join us from tomorrow" he said, I became happy.

"Wow, thank you Sir, this means a lot to me, I promise I won't disappoint you" I said to him, he smiled.

"I'm sure you won't" he replied, and then I stood up. "What is your name again?" he asked me, I smiled.

"Oh, It's Kareema Sir" I replied, he became stunned. "Is everything OK sir?" I asked him, he shook his head.

"Yeah everything is fine, that's a nice name you've got " he said ,

"Thank you Sir " I replied, he smiled "I'll take my leave now, thank you so much" I said, he nodded and then I walked out of the office.

It was 5 pm when Aisha got home, I just spent the rest of my day at home reading a book. I wore my reading glasses, I put on a simple white shirt and blue geans.

"So how did it go? I wanted to call you but I forgot" She asked me while she sat down beside me, I shrugged as she started taking off her jacket.

"I got accepted" I replied, she became really surprised.

"Really? "

"Yes " I replied while looking at her, "Why are you so surprised?"

"Nothing I'm just wondering how, because a friend of mine applied there but she wasn't accepted, and her dad is a big client there" she replied, I shrugged again.

"Well I guess I just got lucky," I said and she scoffed.

"Lucky? in this Abuja? Abeg just tell me the truth" she said, I raised an eyebrow at her. "Did he ask you out? "

"Shut up! Do I look like you that agrees to everyone single guy that comes your way?" I asked, and she rolled her eyes.

"At least I'm not single, that's for sure" she retorted while standing up. Ouch! "Which reminds me, I have a date tonight, lemme go get ready" she said excitedly and then she went to her room.

"What did you cook?" she asked as she went in, I shook my head at her.

I didn't feel like reading anymore, I'm 29 now and I'm not in any serious relationship. While my friend is just 24 and she rolls with the big boys.

I'm not a bad person, and neither am I ugly, at least people tell me so, I love the idea of having a family of my own.

I believe in true love, but somehow I haven't been able to find one myself, What I'd give to find someone so perfect. I thought to myself as I covered my face with the book.

* Kareem*

"Are you for real right now?" I asked my elder brother Abdulrasheed over the phone.

"Of course I am, you are going to like her I promise" he said, I rolled my eyes as I sat on my bed,

"Can we just change the subject? And I thought we already talked about you busy looking for a wife for me, I'll find myself one, when I feel like " I said to him as a matter of fact.

"I know that, I'm only suggesting this girl, she's your spec oh, you know I know what you like" he said.

"Bros stop nau, I'll end this call I'm serious, I don't care who she is, I'm done with hausa girls, they're so local, and dull " I said in frustration.

"Well, not all of them, wait until you meet her and then repeat these words you just said... "

"Ooohhhh... " I was saying and he spoke again.

"And do you know the funniest thing? She's your namesake" he added, I didn't know what stopped me from hanging up on him. He started laughing probably aware of the bad mood he put me in.

"Really? So I should start dancing right? Who namesake help?"

"Anyways, when are you coming back?" he asked, after he stopped laughing.

"I don't think I will come back anytime soon, not after what you just told me"

"Oh come on, I was only pulling your leg, anyways I have to go. We that have wife, we have fulfillments to do" he said, I shook my head at him.

"It's ok, I've heard you, goodnight" I said

"Goodnight, and take the next available flight back here, you have a lot on your desk" he said

"Ok boss" I answered, while chuckling.

"Nope, you are the real boss, it's your company after all... "

"I've told you so many times not to say that, we own it together" I said to him in a serious tone.

"But you are still the founder, and the CEO, so be fast and come back home" he said and then he hung up before I could say anything else.

I shook my head at him, he's my only brother, my only family after our parent's death, he has looked after me and guided me  every step of the way.

Dad only left a little inheritance for us, he used his to send me to school and he also opened a provision store during that time.

After I graduated, I used mine to set up a real estate business, I had a passion for it, and today, the place is a huge success because of our hard work.

I just pray that he will stop thinking that way about me, he has my eternal gratitude and I look up to him, although he doesn't know this.

Just the way he doesn't know I'm in town already, I smiled at my mischievous behaviour, I turned off the lights in my hotel room, all I need is a good night rest.

😝First chapter, already loving it, I like this Kareem guy already 😎

What is wrong with this Aisha babe sef? What's her deal?🙄

And someone should please tell Kareema that everything will be fine, who marriage help? 😏
Re: The Alliance by Thestoryteller: 2:27pm On Mar 12
Two

*Kareema*

It was morning, I was prepared for work and I'm hoping Aisha is as well. I reached the living room all dressed up in my kakki, I was also on the phone with my mother.

"Please do your work well, make them want you to stay" she said in hausa, I smiled,

" Of course mom, I'll do just that my boss is really nice you know" I replied.

"That's good to know, and my regards to your friend, you know she has been nothing but kind to you so try not to upset her"

"Who? That one? She can't do anything, we both know each other... " I was saying and she cut me off.

"Just listen to me Kareema, since you are under her roof, you can never be too sure, so just be careful" she said, I shook my head at her.

"Alright mom, I will" I replied, just then Aisha spoke while heading to the kitchen,

"Is that your mom? Please send my regards to her" she said, she was all dressed up as well.

"She sends her regards " I said to my mom

"Alright my child, take care " she replied and then she hung up.

Aisha came out from the kitchen with a glass of water, I picked up my bag from the couch, I turned to see her looking at me weirdly.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing oh, this one you are glowing this morning, I hope you are not going there to impress our boss... "

"Don't you know any other thing apart from this? He's not even my spec.. " I was saying and she cut me off.

"Well I'm just saying, you are even smelling nice, okay oh... "

"Can we just go? We're getting late" I said,

"My own is, Abdulrasheed is a married man, although he doesn't have any children yet, but I know he loves his wife like crazy." she said, I rolled my eyes at her and then I walked out of the room.

"Oya sorry mana, wait for me nau" she said from behind me, but I didn't listen to her at all.

At the office, Aisha was already at her own position as the PA to the manager, she has made a lot of friends here, they all kept calling her name as we entered the office.

I was currently standing in front of the boss, he was wearing a black suit, he was busy sorting out some files like he was in a rush.

"Uhm, Kareema, since we don't have any space for you, you will be my PA, so grab these files and let's go we have a meeting right now" he said while heading outside, I immediately took the files and went outside with him.

At the meeting, everyone sat down on their respective seats, my boss didn't seat at the head of the table like every CEOs do, he sat on the chair next to it by the right.

And I sat on a chair behind him, I was busy taking the minute of the meeting. The manager was also here but Aisha wasn't with him.

They were busy talking about a huge property located in Maitamah, and then one of the client spoke.

"Come on Abdulrasheed, I didn't think we would waste time on this issue, 45 million is a huge deal" he said, my ear couldn't comprehend the amount I just heard, I heard my boss chuckled.

"I know that Eric, we have been doing business for years, but this Maitama project is one of a kind, with what you plan on building there, you will recover this amount in no time. "

"So with that assurance, I wasn't expecting you to waste time on this issue either, you should make your decision fast because you aren't the only ones who have eyes on that property... " he was saying and Eric's partner cut him off.

"We are aware of that, and that's why we immediately requested for this meeting, but 70 million is too much, I think we should... "

"I'm so sorry..." I interrupted with my hand up, everyone's attention turned to me, and I immediately regretted interfering. I cleared my throat,

"I hope I speak the mind of my boss here, when I say that this is a high profiled agency, and we deal with only the best. And my boss here has outdone himself by letting you to have this deal, but the way you all are embracing his efforts it's as if he made the wrong decision" I said, I could hear some some of our staffs murmurings.

"So what is your point exactly?" That Eric guy asked.

"Well I honestly believe it's a good deal, and as he said earlier, the property is in a good location, you will make your money back in no time, and we are offering you 80% assurance" I added,

My boss turned back to look at me with a smile, he looked impressed. The clients whispered to each other, and after few seconds they turned to us again, The Eric guy spoke.

"Alright, Uhm Miss... " he was saying, and I completed,

"It's Kareema Sir" I answered.

"Oh Kareema, like the boss's name, nice" he said looking at his partner, this made me frown, and then he turned to me again.

"First of all I think you are really smart, and we'll take your word for it. I trust this agency and  that's why we always come back" he said with a smile.

"And we are honoured" my boss said with a smile.

"And so are we my friend " Eric replied, and then he sighed. "And with that being said, we'll take it" he said, this brought a smile on everyone's face.

They all shook hands on it after signing all the necessary paperwork, and then the meeting came to an end.

Everyone stood up, the clients walked out of the room, my boss went after them, I picked up the files from the table and then a lady around her early thirties walked up to me.

She wore a yellow knee-length dress and black heels, her long, blonde hair fell at her back.

"That's some guts you've got being that you're just a corper, not even a staff" she said, I saw her friends standing further away in the room.

"Excuse me? " I asked.

"You are excused," she said as she looked at me from head to toe. "You are new here so I'm going to let this slide, the corpers here are not allowed to interfere in matters like this, stay within your limits" she said to me, I was speechless.

And then she left the room with her friends. I shook all bad energy away, I was about to leave when someone spoke again.

"Don't let Zara get to you, that's just her way of welcoming the corpers around here " he said with a cute smile, I smiled back.

It was a man probably around my age, he walked up to me.

"I'll keep that in mind" I replied

"You should, she's the supervisor, so be warned! " he said playfully and we both laughed. "I'm Najib by the way"

"Kareema" I replied,

"Woah the boss has a namesake, that's new" he said chuckling, I noticed that he was wearing kakki trousers and white shirt.

"But I thought the boss's name was Rasheed" I said he shook his head.

"No, that's his elder brother, he's the COO, Kareem is the CEO and he's also my cousin " he said with pride.

"Nice, but how comes I haven't seen him around?" I asked.

"Oh he went on a business trip, but I'm sure he'll be back soon" he replied, I nodded.

"So I'm guessing the supervisor didn't welcome you rudely when you started, since you are family... "

"Who told you that? She didn't care about that oh, she gave me gbas gbos! " he said making me laugh.

And with that, we both walked out of the office, he's really friendly and I guess being handsome runs in the family.

"You don't sound like you stayed in the North" I said to him, he chuckled. We were taking a walk at the hallway,

"Yeah I stayed in Lagos for a long time with my parents and then I decided to serve some place else... "

"Just be honest here, you already have the job waiting for you as soon as you're done" I said cutting him off.

"You make it sound like it's a horrible thing" he said, I shrugged.

"Don't mind me, I'm just jealous I guess, this country is so bleeped up I swear " I said and he laughed.

"Don't worry about getting a job, I've got you" he said, I smiled.

"I'll hold on to that" I replied with a smile, we just stared at each other.

And then his phone started ringing, he took it from his pocket.

"Oh sorry I have to take this, I'll see you around" he said to me and then he walked away, was that an iPhone 13? This made me hide my scrappy tecno phone.

"This one you decided to take me out, hmm what's the reason?" I asked Aisha, as we sat down on a chair across from each other.

"Well, nothing really, I just wanted to visit one of my favourite restaurants" she said, with a huge smile on her face.

"In a hotel?" I asked, looking at her weirdly, she shrugged.

"Of course, their food is amazing here" she replied.

"Okay oh" was all I could say.

After placing our orders, I started scrolling through my phone and then she spoke again.

"I heard what you did in the meeting today, you have start showing yourself again abi?" she asked me and I rolled my eyes

"I can't believe how news flies so fast in that office " I said, she chuckled.

"Welcome to Sparks Agency, and my dear, you better don't step on Zara's toes,  she's mean" she said to me, I just stared at her blankly.

"Who is giving you all these gossips please?" I asked her, she scoffed.

"I haven't even mentioned the one that you and Najid were busy keeping each others company... "

"Did you bring me here to eat or to disturb my peace?" I asked.

"Really? To babu matsala, sorry for trying to look out for you" she said, I pretended not to listen to her. And then she spoke again,

"But just be careful, that fine boy Najib is nothing but a playboy... "

"Fine boy Najib?" I asked looking amused.

"Yes nau, that's his nickname at work" she replied, I shook my head.

"Just so you know, we were just talking about random stuffs, we're not even friends, and he also told me about the CEO which you forgot to mention to me" I said to her and she shrugged.

"It escaped my mind nau, since all he does is travel, attend to the other branches and all that, but you need to see him though, he's so handsome" she said the last part smiling like a fool.

"You better stay away from people's husbands... "

"Who told you? He's divorced... Twice for that matter" she replied.

"But how comes? Isn't that too much?" I asked

"That's just how he is, he's too proud, he likes everything perfect, he hates people and despise lazy people, trust me you don't want to meet him" she added.

"Then I guess it's a good thing he's not always around" I replied, and she nodded in agreement.

"This one the food is taking forever, I'm hungry oh" Aisha said making me chuckle.

"While we're waiting, I'm going to the bathroom, I'll be right back" I said getting up.

"Be fast about it, if the food arrives before you come I'll eat your chicken oh" she said from behind me, I shook my head at her.

After I was done, I came out of the restroom, I'm sure the food had arrived now. Out of rush, I unknowingly collided with someone, the can of coke he was holding poured on my peach gown, I gasped out of shock.

I always think twice before wearing this particular outfit, because I don't want anything to ruin it, it's one of my best dress.

"Oh my, I really don't have time for this, you know what? please give me your account number and I'll make a transfer for your troubles" the man said while pressing his iPhone.

I stared at him in disbelief, he was really handsome I must admit, but his attitude right now was ugly.

Re: The Alliance by Thestoryteller: 11:53am On Mar 15
*Kareema*

He was waiting for me to call out my account number, he saw me staring at him, and he stared back at me obliviously.

"Well aren't you such a big, egoistic jerk? How rude and manner less can you be?" I scolded, and he just stared at me in shock.

"How dare you talk to me that way? Do you even know who I am... "

"What does that have to do with anything? Should I be scared that you have money? Why do people feel like they can do as they please just because they're rich? " I asked looking disappointed, he was about to say something but I walked out on him.

He kept on yelling behind me but I was long gone, I'm sure no one has ever talked to him in that way, what a jerk.

" I still don't know what to make of the stunt you pulled yesterday oh, why would you waste my money like that nau?" Aisha asked me.

We were in my room, I was busy getting ready for work, after that encounter with that man, I went straight home without telling her.

"Why are we still talking about the issue? Besides you brought my food home and you ate it all, so how did I waste your money?"

"It still doesn't change the fact that you left me there, it's not nice nau. OK, tell me what happened yesterday?" she asked while she folded her arms.

"Please Aisha, I'm already running late, please "

"Just tell me, I want to know, who pursue you?" she asked, and I sighed

"I bumped into this guy and... " I was saying and she squeeled excitedly. "Aisha what nau?" I asked angrily.

"I'm just surprised nau, but I don't understand why you met a guy and then you ran away, I thought you wanted to get married... "

"Of course I do, but this man poured his drink on my dress, so we got into an argument and I got upset, that's why I left" I said,

"Na wa oh, and you couldn't even tell me, what if he traced you to me and then they beat me up yesterday... "

"Stop exaggerating things Aisha, and why aren't you prepared for work? " I asked her, she shrugged.

"I'm not going abeg, nobody will stress me during my service year" she said.

"You do realise that office is a big place, they won't condone incompetence... "

"Madam stop speaking English and go to work," she said while walking out of the room, I chuckled.

"And remember not to get into trouble with Zara, I've said my own" she added and then she left.

I entered the office in a rush, I was so late already, I immediately joined the receptionist in the elevator before the door closes.

I tried to catch my breath, I just hope my boss doesn't get upset with me.

"Good morning Ladi" I greeted.

"Morning Kareema, looks like you overslept" she said in hausa,

"Not really, I couldn't get here on time and the traffic was mad today " I said, and she smiled.

"Yeah I can relate, just calm down I don't think he'll be angry, if it was the CEO it would have been a different story" she said in hausa, making me chuckled.

She's one of my favourite people here, I knew she also had a hand in the reason why I was accepted here. And she's from Adamawa as well.

The elevator opened and we both went our separate ways. I rushed to my boss's office, I was about to knock on the door when I heard some noises inside.

"All I'm saying is that you shouldn't have given her such liberty to do what she did, that was too much" a female voice said, I'm so sure it's Zara's.

"Please Zara we already talked about this yesterday, no need to bring it up again" My boss replied.

"Me I'm just saying my own oh, an ordinary corper cannot just come and behave like she owns the place... " she was saying and then another unfamiliar voice spoke again.

"Who is this corper that you all keep talking about?" the person asked,

"Enough of this Zara, it's obvious you're just jealous that you weren't the one who convinced the clients for the deal. This agency is meant to put heads together to achieve a goal, give credit where it's due, you won't die " my boss said,

"You know me well, that won't ever happen" Zara replied with so much bitterness. The unfamiliar voice spoke again,

"That shouldn't be the issue now, what I still don't understand is why you would do that, I feel that amount is too small.. " the unknown man said. What are they talking about?

"But I asked you and you said that whatever I decide was fine, so I felt that 70 million was okay" I heard my boss replied,

"I'm just saying, but there's no use talking about it anymore, since the deal has already been signed, it's cool" the man said.

"No, it's not and next time I want you to put a price for everything before you leave for any journey, and I'm serious about that" my boss said, it's obvious that he's upset now.

I didn't hear Zara coming close to the door, and before I knew it, she opened the door and I almost lost my balance.

I was now standing inside the office, the shame didn't allow me to look up at everyone inside.

My eyes met Zara's and she was glaring at me, she hissed and then she left the office.

"Good morning Sir" I greeted, he looked at me and then back at his desktop.

I was too ashamed to look at the other person who sat on the chair opposite my boss.

"Late comer, drop your things and let's get to work" my boss said, "Arrange those files at the table and... " he was saying and and then the other man spoke.

"Wait... I've seen this face somewhere" he said, I looked up to see him pointing at me.

I became stunned, it was that guy at the hotel, he stood up and now we were facing each other.

He looked at me from head to toe, he was in a simple black long-sleeved shirt and a pair of maroon trousers, he looked really cute, OK focus Kareema.

"What are you talking about Kareem?" the boss asked him.

Oh my God! I became nervous, I had no idea he was the boss everyone was talking about.

I'm so sure my days of working here are over, I mentally hit my forehead for all the things I said
to him that day.

But wait, why should I be worried or scared? He was clearly at fault, and how can I forget how rude he was? So I shook off the nervousness and looked at him, our eyes met.

My boss stood up, as if trying to figure out what was going on here.

"Kareem I'm talking to you" he said again, he was now standing beside us.

This made Kareem remove his gaze from me and turned to his brother.

"Oh sorry about that, I mistook her for someone else" he lied with a fake smile.

"Really? Are you sure you're not missing someone you met during your trip in Lagos?" My boss asked while chuckling. This made Kareem roll his eyes.

"Let's not do that please " he said, his brother laughed.

"Anyway, this is Kareema... " my boss was saying and the jerk spoke

"Oh the new PA, I remember her, you mentioned her before" he said, looking at me now.

"Yeah, I did" my boss said, and then he turned to me, "Kareema please give these files to Zara in her office," he said while handing me some files kept on his desk, I took them and left the room.

Out of everyone in this world to be his brother, it had to be this man, this person that I've tried so hard not to think about anymore.

"I don't even know what to make of that girl, she's so full of herself" I heard Zara say as I stood by the door in her office.

She was talking to the manager, their attention turned to me as soon as they noticed my presence. I walked further in and stretched out the files to her.

"The boss asked me to give you this" I said to her, she reluctantly collected it.

I stood there and just stared at her, she turned to me again.

"Anything else?" she asked angrily.

"I was just wondering why you hate me so much, I mean you don't even know me... "

"Excuse you, do I look like I have your time?"

"Actually I think you do, I'm just surprised why you feel so threatened by me... " I was saying and she cut me off by scoffing.

"Threatened?" she asked while standing up, the manager just sat down and listened. "I'd be careful with my choice of words if I were you " she said, we were now facing each other.

"Then how else can you explain your hatred towards me... "

"I just don't like youuu... It's that simple, and the sooner you get that, the better, so if I were you I'd stay in my lane" she said, I shook my head and walked out of the office.

*Zara*

The nerve of that girl to talk back at me, she has no idea who she is up against. After she left I went back to my seat, the manager Mark, just stared at me.

"What?" I asked him.

"You need to be calming down oh "

"Please please Mark, don't start I'm already annoyed" I told him, he shook his head.

"Are you sure it doesn't have something to do with the boss?" he asked,

"What do you mean by that?" I asked, and he stared at me weirdly, I sighed after realising what he meant.

"Ok first of all, I'm done with that, okay? That's passed now, Kareem can go to hell" I said to him and he only nodded like he believed me.

"I don't think you can ever stop the obsession you have for him, you and I both know that" he said to me, and I ignored him.

"Anyway I'll leave you now, I need to get back to work" he said while standing up and then he walked out of my office.

Kareem and I had something few months ago, and it wasn't a secret here in the office, everyone thought we would get married.

We broke up after a while, I just couldn't keep up with his attitude, since I also have craze in my head.

I still have some feelings for him though, one that I'm not sure he returns anymore.

* Kareem*

I went back home a bit late, I hung out with some friends that's why, I parked my car in the garage, and then I went inside.

I live with my brother and his wife Shafa, in the same house, the place his a huge mansion if I must add, we just felt that it was better if we stayed together.

So I have my own part of the mansion, with two living room, and a dining table beside one of it, two bedrooms and a master bedroom.

We share a large kitchen which was fully equipped and very well maintained. We also have two house helps, a gate man and a gardener.

I entered the house and I saw my sister in law seated on the couch, in the general living room. She was watching her late night show, she smiled as soon as she saw me.

"Hi" I said to her as I sat down on the next couch.

"Welcome back... you look like you need a long rest" she said to me, I chuckled.

"I can't say the same about you, I mean, just see how you're glowing even at night" I said and she laughed hard.

"You have started again, anyway I wanted to ask, when did you get back?" she asked, I was taken aback by her question.

"What do you mean? Of course I arrived this morning... "

"Are you sure? Because a friend of mine said that she saw you at a hotel for days... " she was saying and I beckoned for her to be quiet with my finger, she chuckled.

"Lower your voice please, I don't want your husband to find out" I replied, she raised her hands up in surrender as she stood up.

"Alright, I'll keep your little secret " she said to me with a smile. I stood up as well,

"Thanks... And who's that friend of yours... "

"You don't need to know that" she answered, cutting me off. "I'm off to bed and you should too... Goodnight" she said to me and then she went upstairs, I just stared at her speechless.

"Goodnight " I said to myself.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Curb Writer's Block (cont'd)? / Spotlight Poetry: Be Bling — Ayomide Inufin D'great / Second After God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.