Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,257 members, 7,849,933 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:42 AM

4 Things Jesus Never Said That People Believe Are True - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 4 Things Jesus Never Said That People Believe Are True (144 Views)

What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future / 10 Big Things Jesus Said That We Keep Forgetting / Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

4 Things Jesus Never Said That People Believe Are True by GospelWithEse(f): 9:26am On Mar 10
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/flEW1ci55tw

1: Follow your heart.
We often see this on social media posts. And this is definitely not biblical. Jesus never said to follow your heart.
In fact, the Bible says in Jeremiah 17:9-10, “The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it? I, the LORD, search the heart, I test the mind, Even to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his doings.”

2: Believe in yourself.
This is a very common saying we see on social media: to “believe in yourself.”
It sounds good until look at the Word of God. Jesus teaches to put our trust in Him, not in ourselves. In John 14:6, Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”

3: As long as you're happy, that's all that matters.

Jesus wants us to see things from the heavenly perspective in light of eternity.

When we choose to follow Jesus, it’s not always easy. Following Him won’t always make us happy. In Mark 8:36-37, Jesus said, “For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?”

4: Live your truth.

This quote, which Jesus never said, is very dangerous. It is so dangerous because it allows us to define our own truth.

Only God holds the truth. In John 8:31-32, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

Please subscribe -> https://www.youtube.com/@GospelWithEse
Re: 4 Things Jesus Never Said That People Believe Are True by dgitrader(m): 9:50am On Mar 10
When did people attribute this quotes to Christ?
There are thousands of cliches like this and has no claim to any religion.

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Jesus Never Said That People Believe Are True by thesicilian: 10:20am On Mar 10
"Heaven helps those who help themselves."

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

CAN Protests FIRS’ ‘jesus Debt’ Easter Message / Sultan Declares Wednesday Eid-fitri, 70,500 Security Personnel Deployed / What If Jesus Had Said That He Was The Son Of Ifa And A Yoruba Virgin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.