Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Help! A Friend’s Life Is Threatened!!! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help! A Friend’s Life Is Threatened!!! (1098 Views)

Help! My Life Is Threatened By Occultic Groups / A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! / Female Corper Threatened To Pay N150,000 Or Have Her Nudes Leaked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! A Friend’s Life Is Threatened!!! by tianshie(m): 11:47pm On Mar 10
My friend recently returned from Bangui, CAR, last week, to attend his mother’s funeral (she was struck by lightning), only to be told he had to make a life pact with a crocodile, just like his mother did, before he could bury his mother. According to him, when his mother was a child, a bottle of blood was drawn from her left arm, and left limb of a captured crocodile, mixed together with some ritual herbs, and ritual stones, then fed to his mother and the crocodile.
The crocodile was released back into the wild. It is a longevity ritual, according to him. The human will live as long as the crocodile.
He said in his village---he is Igbo---they believe that crocodiles in the wild live to be around 100 years. If anything happens to the crocodile, the human feels it. The human can never die unless the crocodile dies. His mother was 63, and would have been 64 this year. They think the crocodile was also struck by lightning and that’s why his mother was struck by lightning too.
He does not want to do this ritual, because he does not believe in it. Why would anyone put their life in the hands of an animal which a hunter can kill any time?
The elders say his mother cannot be buried unless he does the ritual, to continue the omenala in his family. His father is late.
Is anyone familiar with this ritual? What can he do to get out of it? He wants to fly out but does not want to leave his mum unburied. Help!!!

4 Likes

Re: Help! A Friend’s Life Is Threatened!!! by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:57pm On Mar 10
lawd have mercy....what dont you read on NL, kai!

regardless of their tradition, if this man is not down nor believe in this stuff, then he certainly should not do any of this stuff. let this mambo jambo stop with you.

5 Likes

Re: Help! A Friend’s Life Is Threatened!!! by poshestmina(f): 12:04am On Mar 11
Never heard of such tradition all my life !
If the covenant or whatever the mother did with the crocodile was supposed to be for longevity ,why did she die young?

I won't do it if I were in your shoes ,na to go hold God strong !.

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Friend’s Life Is Threatened!!! by shortgun(m): 1:16am On Mar 11
I am very knowledgeable on the cultures and traditions in every part of Igboland and I can tell you that your friend has not told you the full story or real reason why he must perform that ritual. Nobody in any part of igboland will force anyone to take part in traditions or rituals he/she doesn't want to . Traditions are very much practiced but it's optional these days as you can choose to partake or not to.

4 Likes

Re: Help! A Friend’s Life Is Threatened!!! by Chibuzoripob: 1:25am On Mar 11
grin lighting strike 🐊 and this affected his mother too? grin.Abeg,allow the poor man Bury him mama and go back to his base. Why dem nor say make he sl3ep with that beast to appease the gods?

Nonsense tradition angry

3 Likes

Re: Help! A Friend’s Life Is Threatened!!! by Chibuzoripob: 1:27am On Mar 11
sad useless tradition.
Spit angry sad

1 Like

Re: Help! A Friend’s Life Is Threatened!!! by gaby(m): 1:30am On Mar 11
Wow.

The human will live as long as the crocodile.
He said in his village---he is Igbo---they believe that crocodiles in the wild live to be around 100 years. If anything happens to the crocodile, the human feels it. The human can never die unless the crocodile dies. His mother was 63, and would have been 64 this year. They think the crocodile was also struck by lightning and that’s why his mother was struck by lightning too.

They were so certain that his mum will live up to 100 years, yet, couldn't be so sure what happened to the crocodile, and now they are guessing Mr Crocodile could have been struck by lightning also.

Abeg, wetin be the name of this village?

This is economic and mental terrorism. EFCC where una dey?

Savages and barbarians.

7 Likes

Re: Help! A Friend’s Life Is Threatened!!! by Pinicop(m): 4:37am On Mar 11
Bullshit

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Friend’s Life Is Threatened!!! by FinidiGeorge: 5:59am On Mar 11
tianshie:
My friend recently returned from Bangui, CAR, last week, to attend his mother’s funeral (she was struck by lightning), only to be told he had to make a life pact with a crocodile, just like his mother did, before he could bury his mother. According to him, when his mother was a child, a bottle of blood was drawn from her left arm, and left limb of a captured crocodile, mixed together with some ritual herbs, and ritual stones, then fed to his mother and the crocodile.
The crocodile was released back into the wild. It is a longevity ritual, according to him. The human will live as long as the crocodile.
He does not want to do this ritual, because he does not believe in it. Why would anyone put their life in the hands of an animal which a hunter can kill any time?
The elders say his mother cannot be buried unless he does the ritual, to continue the omenala in his family. His father is late.
Is anyone familiar with this ritual? What can he do to get out of it? He wants to fly out but does not want to leave his mum unburied. Help!!!
Na for your friend to go find one Ezenmo or Ezenwanyin to help cancel the crap! I know one beautiful Ezenwanyin wey I see one time like that for Facebook.

1 Like

Re: Help! A Friend’s Life Is Threatened!!! by Unseen(m): 6:57am On Mar 11
tianshie:

Which part of Igbo land?
At least mention the LGA.... 🤷

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Friend’s Life Is Threatened!!! by DeepThroater: 7:22am On Mar 11
Heathen savages

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Friend’s Life Is Threatened!!! by marsup: 9:58am On Mar 11
The Japanese do something similar with Tortoise. (Older generation).
At the end, it boils down to one's beliefs.

1 Like

Re: Help! A Friend’s Life Is Threatened!!! by Mom007(f): 10:58am On Mar 11
Your friend need Jesus

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Friend’s Life Is Threatened!!! by tianshie(m): 11:13am On Mar 11
FinidiGeorge:

Na for your friend to go find one Ezenmo or Ezenwanyin to help cancel the crap! I know one beautiful Ezenwanyin wey I see one time like that for Facebook.

Give me the Ezenwanyi contact please.

1 Like

Re: Help! A Friend’s Life Is Threatened!!! by tianshie(m): 11:14am On Mar 11
Unseen:

Which part of Igbo land?
At least mention the LGA.... 🤷

To what end? How would this help him? I'd like to protect his privacy as far as I can.

1 Like

Re: Help! A Friend’s Life Is Threatened!!! by tianshie(m): 11:15am On Mar 11
DeepThroater:
Heathen savages

He's not a savage.
Re: Help! A Friend’s Life Is Threatened!!! by tianshie(m): 11:16am On Mar 11
marsup:
The Japanese do something similar with Tortoise. (Older generation).
At the end, it boils down to one's beliefs.

Didn't know this. Can you describe the Japanese process please? Do they draw blood?
Re: Help! A Friend’s Life Is Threatened!!! by tianshie(m): 11:17am On Mar 11
shortgun:
I am very knowledgeable on the cultures and traditions in every part of Igboland and I can tell you that your friend has not told you the full story or real reason why he must perform that ritual. Nobody in any part of igboland will force anyone to take part in traditions or rituals he/she doesn't want to . Traditions are very much practiced but it's optional these days as you can choose to partake or not to.

I don't think he is holding back.
Re: Help! A Friend’s Life Is Threatened!!! by Unseen(m): 11:33am On Mar 11
tianshie:

To what end? How would this help him? I'd like to protect his privacy as far as I can.

That's why I said mention LGA not the town...

Leaving out the town will protect his privacy while mentioning the LGA will let the Igbos here know if this is another tribal attack or the truth
Re: Help! A Friend’s Life Is Threatened!!! by marsup: 11:38am On Mar 11
tianshie:

Didn't know this. Can you describe the Japanese process please? Do they draw blood?
Please I don't know the process, I wasn't interested so I didn't ask further questions. I do know that, the Japanese are very traditional and voodoo inclined.
Re: Help! A Friend’s Life Is Threatened!!! by Chibuzoripob: 12:29pm On Mar 11
Backward pipu tradition sad sad grin
Re: Help! A Friend’s Life Is Threatened!!! by BigYash: 1:18pm On Mar 11
Mom007:
Your friend need Jesus
Exactly,the elders will even change their mind.. The heart of the king is in His hands o.. Abi no be so?

1 Like

Re: Help! A Friend’s Life Is Threatened!!! by Hakeem66: 1:35pm On Mar 11
Chibuzoripob:
Backward pipu tradition sad sad grin
grow up, there's time for everything.

@Op, if the ritual is something that will not endanger yourlife or bind you too to the oracle, do it and wash your hands off it.
BTW what did they say would happen if your mother is buried without the ritual being done. Ask them the question first before taking decision.
Re: Help! A Friend’s Life Is Threatened!!! by FinidiGeorge: 2:06pm On Mar 11
tianshie:

Give me the Ezenwanyi contact please.
Send me a DM here.
Re: Help! A Friend’s Life Is Threatened!!! by Chibuzoripob: 2:22pm On Mar 11
Hakeem66:
grow up, there's time for everything.

@Op, if the ritual is something that will not endanger yourlife or bind you too to the oracle, do it and wash your hands off it.
BTW what did they say would happen if your mother is buried without the ritual being done. Ask them the question first before taking decision.
how old are u? Tell ur papa at home to grow up
Re: Help! A Friend’s Life Is Threatened!!! by Malikdking: 3:22pm On Mar 11
Chibuzoripob:
how old are u? Tell ur papa at home to grow up
Why are you people like this?
Promoting tribal wars in every topic and thread !!
And you just mentioned someone papa ??
Are you that dumb and senseless?
Re: Help! A Friend’s Life Is Threatened!!! by tianshie(m): 7:00pm On Mar 11
marsup:
Please I don't know the process, I wasn't interested so I didn't ask further questions. I do know that, the Japanese are very traditional and voodoo inclined.

Hmmm interesting.
Re: Help! A Friend’s Life Is Threatened!!! by tianshie(m): 7:07pm On Mar 11
Unseen:

That's why I said mention LGA not the town...

Leaving out the town will protect his privacy while mentioning the LGA will let the Igbos here know if this is another tribal attack or the truth

I believe Umuahia. If you know where Aguiyi Ironsi grew up.
Re: Help! A Friend’s Life Is Threatened!!! by Unseen(m): 7:32pm On Mar 11
tianshie:

I believe Umuahia. If you know where Aguiyi Ironsi grew up.

Those from Abia State should come and verify this story
Re: Help! A Friend’s Life Is Threatened!!! by chival(f): 7:47pm On Mar 11
shortgun:
In addition to what you've written, I have not heard of any so called ritual where a human life is bound with an animal's in Igboland. Neither have I heard of any part of Igboland that has that belief about crocodiles. If there is, it might be in Abia or Imo state. I haven't heard of it though. I am Igbo and well versed in Igbo culture. There's more going on here than what has been stated.

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Friend’s Life Is Threatened!!! by Chibuzoripob: 8:23pm On Mar 11
Malikdking:

Why are you people like this?
Promoting tribal wars in every topic and thread !!
And you just mentioned someone papa ??
Are you that dumb and senseless?
U dnd ur papa are dumb and deaf
Re: Help! A Friend’s Life Is Threatened!!! by tianshie(m): 8:39pm On Mar 11
chival:

In addition to what you've written, I have not heard of any so called ritual where a human life is bound with an animal's in Igboland. Neither have I heard of any part of Igboland that has that belief about crocodiles. If there is, it might be in Abia or Imo state. I haven't heard of it though. I am Igbo and well versed in Igbo culture. There's more going on here than what has been stated.

This is in Abia state. I hear Aguiyi Ironsi did the same ritual.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Red Alert: New 419 Trick / Kidnapping: Native Doctor, 6 Others Remanded In Aba / Nigeria Police Averts Car Bombing Of Kano Mosque(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.