Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Was Haile Sellasie Divine? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Was Haile Sellasie Divine? (2143 Views)

Reliance On Divine Intervention: An Excuse For Laziness / Is Haille Sellasie Dead Or Alive? / Are You Looking For Divine Solutions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Haile Sellasie Divine? by bingbagbo(m): 9:21pm On Nov 13, 2011
rastas here must help me!
Re: Was Haile Sellasie Divine? by ifyalways(f): 5:51am On Nov 14, 2011
Ofcourse,to every 'farian out there,Sellasie is not just divine but a semi-god.Plus or minus a loooong drag of skunk. . .good one that is. cheesy
Re: Was Haile Sellasie Divine? by odumchi: 5:58am On Nov 14, 2011
Ify are you a rastafarian? grin
Re: Was Haile Sellasie Divine? by ifyalways(f): 6:15am On Nov 14, 2011
^Used to be,a special type.Neat locks,sip my skunk tea and saw visions.Never interested in 'em 'Farian idealogies though.

I wu tata?hahahaha.Signed out for real.
Re: Was Haile Sellasie Divine? by Jenifa1: 6:21am On Nov 14, 2011
his full title:
"His Majesty Haile Selassie I, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, King of Kings (Emperor) of Ethiopia, Elect of God"

Check out Idi Amin's full title:
"His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular"

a lot of african dictators had those kind of self delusions.
Re: Was Haile Sellasie Divine? by odumchi: 6:30am On Nov 14, 2011
ifyalways:

^Used to be,a special type.Neat locks,sip my skunk tea and saw visions.Never interested in 'em 'Farian idealogies though.

I wu tata?hahahaha.Signed out for real.

Wow, that's amazing lol. I never knew that rastafari had the same influence here in Africa as it did in the Carribean. You learn things every day.

Jenifa_:

his full title:
"His Majesty Haile Selassie I, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, King of Kings (Emperor) of Ethiopia, Elect of God"

Check out Idi Amin's full title:
"His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular"

a lot of african dictators had those kind of self delusions.

I wouldn't compare the two. Haile Selassie was a very intelligent and useful man to his country. He made Ethiopia the first "modern" African nation and fended off two colonization attempts by the Italians.

While Idi Amin on the other hand. . .
Re: Was Haile Sellasie Divine? by ngusha(m): 11:57am On Nov 14, 2011
Point of correction. His Emperial Majestyt Halle selassie I. D king of kings and lords of lords, d conquering lion of d tribe of juda. Thru d line of king solomon.
Re: Was Haile Sellasie Divine? by bingbagbo(m): 8:45am On Oct 13, 2012
ngusha: Point of correction. His Emperial Majestyt Halle selassie I. D king of kings and lords of lords, d conquering lion of d tribe of juda. Thru d line of king solomon.

supported by bible??
Re: Was Haile Sellasie Divine? by bingbagbo(m): 1:06pm On May 07, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Was Haile Sellasie Divine? by Tunami(m): 9:08pm On May 08, 2016
king of kings lord of lords, the conquering lion of the tribe of judah, emperor ras haile sallasie. Though he is a regent.
Re: Was Haile Sellasie Divine? by Tunami(m): 9:09pm On May 08, 2016
king of kings lord of lords, the conquering lion of the tribe of judah, emperor ras haile sallasie. Though he was a regent.
Re: Was Haile Sellasie Divine? by DengXioping(m): 7:41am On May 17, 2016
bingbagbo:

supported by bible??
Not by the Bible , but by the Kebra Nagast (The Glory of Kings). Its called the lost bible of Rastafarian wisdom and faith from Ethiopia and Jamaica.
The Kebra Nagast is considered by many Ethiopian Christians and Rastafari to be a historically reliable work. It contains an account of how the Queen of Sheba/ Queen Makeda of Ethiopia met King Solomon and about how the Ark of the Covenant came to Ethiopia with Menelik I (Menyelek). Menelik called Ibn Al-Hakim, "Son of the
Wise" was the product of the union between the biblical king Solomon and the Queen of Sheba, and he is acclaimed to be the first Solomonic Emperor of Ethiopia.
...The Kebra Nagast is a good read.
Re: Was Haile Sellasie Divine? by DengXioping(m): 7:44am On May 17, 2016
Tunami:
king of kings lord of lords, the conquering lion of the tribe of judah, emperor ras haile sallasie. Though he was a regent.
Yes he was co-regent, but he became a full emperor in 1930.

(1) (Reply)

Ifa/ Itefa. / History Of Abuja / Things That Bring You Luck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.