Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,959 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

What Does It Mean To Pray In The Holy Ghost? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does It Mean To Pray In The Holy Ghost? (67 Views)

IPOB To Kumuyi: Don't Hold Crusade In Aba, South-East, Pray In Your Lagos Church / Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? / Pastor Adeboye Ambushed At RCCG Holy Ghost Congress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Does It Mean To Pray In The Holy Ghost? by topshore(f): 10:20am On Mar 12
Scripture Text: Jude 1:20

“But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life” (Jude 1:20).

Our Attitude to Prayer

The things we forget to do, the things we don't do, the things we mean to do, and the things we put off are prayer. Still, it's the most important thing we need to do. We are missing out on the beauty of it when we don't participate in it. Think about it: being able to spend time with the One who made everything! And He instrusts us to do it! Don't we need to run to Him?

Because of how prayer works, it's important to know a few things that should make us want to pray in a way that line with the Bible.

To begin, we should understand that prayer opens doors. It's a way to get to the supernatural.

Second, we should know that being able to pray is a gift. We can talk to the Creator of the world directly through prayer, which is something no one else can do. This is a great honor that we shouldn't joke around with.

Lastly, prayer is full of opportunities when done the right way, which is what we will talk about. This is possible if you have faith and pray in the Spirit.

Perhaps you've heard the saying "prayer changes things." It's a cliché now that this statement is so well known and often used. Don't get it wrong, though—the words are still true. But should we think of prayer as a kind of "magical cure all"? I don't think so. What's so strong about prayer? Prayer is very strong because it comes from trusting in God. We should look at the kind of prayer that changes things now that we know this simple truth.

As you pray and ask for things, always do it in the Spirit, and stay alert with all persistence and intercession for all the saints (Ephesians 6:18).

You can touch God, be in His presence, and get what you need from Him through prayer, which is a process that has many parts.

How important is it to pray?

What the above texts show us is not only why we should pray, but also how we should pray. There's no question that prayer is what keeps us connected to the Lord. Some people find it hard to do this, even though it is one of the most important parts of being a Christian.

How many times have we been in a tough spot and felt like we had no idea what or how to pray?

Our Scripture text today starts to explain what it means to pray in the Spirit. To really pray in the Spirit, you have to think like the Spirit yourself. We are praying in line with God's will when we pray this way. That God hears our prayers and will answer them in His own time and way is something we can be sure of when we pray according to His will. This is what we read:

"This is why we trust Him: if we ask for anything that is in line with His will, He hears us." No matter what we ask, if we know that He hears us, we know that we will receive what we ask for (1 John 5:14–15).

How to Pray in the Spirit: Let's cite two examples.

First, let's look into two people in the Bible who help us understand and even value the idea of being in the Spirit. They may have been praying at the time, even though it is not said for sure, but it is a very real chance. Now, let's look at the case of the Apostle John. What he writes:

"On the Lord's Day, I was in the Spirit and heard a loud voice behind me that sounded like a trumpet" (Revelation 1:10).

There is more to learn about being in the Spirit than just seeing this great vision. Being in the Spirit lets us hear from God. Because of that, he was "Revelation ready," which means that the Lord could speak to him through any means necessary.
Apostle Paul is the source of the second example we should also look into:

"It's probably not helpful for me to brag." I will talk about visions and messages from the Lord. I know a Christian man who was caught up to the third heaven fourteen years ago. I don't know if he was in the body or out of the body; only God knows. God knows if this man was in the body or not, but I know that he was taken to paradise and heard words that words can't describe. It is not legal for a man to speak these words". (2 Corinthians 12:1-4).

Paul was given the chance to see things that no one else had seen, just like the Apostle John. This gives us a better idea of how deep writing goes. Of course, we know that the Spirit walked with him while he wrote (2 Timothy 3:16), but what he saw helps us understand how big God is, which makes us praise and glorify Him.

Last but not least, it should be clear that we need to pray in the Spirit because Satan wants to stop our prayers. He cares more about our prayers than we think because he wants to stop and make it hard for us to have a close relationship with the Lord. He will do everything he can within the limits of his power to stop and hinder our prayers. These three things make it necessary for us to pray in a way that will help us beat the devil's tricks.

As we try to pray in the Spirit, let us remember that prayer is not a one-way conversation. When we pray, we should expect the Lord to answer us, making prayer a conversation. We should hear from Him soon because we prayed in the Spirit. He should answer with such urgency and power.

God bless you, in the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ.

But if you're reading this and you are yet to give your life to Christ, this is an opportunity for you to do so. Don't miss out in enjoying the grace of praying and growing your personal relationship with God through the Holy Spirit.

If you want to give your life to Christ just say this prayer now:
"Lord Jesus, I come to You now, come into my life, take control of my life and change my world. I say bye bye to the devil, I enter into the Kingdom of Light. Thank You Jesus, in Jesus Mighty Name I pray, amen".

Congratulations!!!

Peace!

Also read:https://www.biblestudytools.com/bible-study/topical-studies/what-does-it-mean-to-pray-in-the-holy-spirit.html.

(1) (Reply)

How Is Your Christian Life? / Staying Above Negative Circumstances / Download A Christian Movie Of Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.