Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,728 members, 7,824,061 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Anthony Joshua Explains Why He Shun Nigerians In His Post Match Speech. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Anthony Joshua Explains Why He Shun Nigerians In His Post Match Speech. (255 Views)

Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) / Nigerian Embassy In Washington Sacks Workers, Explains Why / The Odocha Siblings: 3 Nigerians In The US Army (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anthony Joshua Explains Why He Shun Nigerians In His Post Match Speech. by udofia234(m): 7:06pm On Mar 13
Anthony Joshua finally Reveals Why He Didn’t Acknowledge Nigerians After His Win Against Francis Nganno

Following his triumph over Francis Ngannou, British boxer Anthony Joshua has now revealed why he refused to acknowledge Nigeria, his home nation.

Remember that on March 8, 2024, Anthony Joshua knocked out Francis Ngannou in the second round in a thrilling victory during Friday’s heavyweight match in Saudi Arabia.

Joshua’s decision not to address Nigeria during his post-victory speech in the boxing arena drew internet criticism.

Anthony Joshua delivers a huge salute to Francis Ngannou’s Cameroon, his London supporters, and the people of Saudi Arabia.

As a result, the boxer has come under fire for his behaviour, creating extensive conjecture and discussion.

However, in a recent exclusive interview, Joshua gave much-needed explanation, revealing the motives behind his contentious decision.

Joshua addressed the issue squarely throughout the interview, noting the curiosity and concerns made by both fans and the media. Contrary to expectations of apathy or detachment from his Nigerian background, Joshua confessed that his decision was motivated by a “deeply personal struggle.”

He admitted to dealing with internal diversions and problems in the buildup to the bout, which required him to concentrate only on his mental preparation and performance in the ring.

Joshua went on to discuss the challenges and expectations that sportsmen of his calibre face, emphasising the importance of resilience and self-care in the face of the industry’s constant scrutiny.

“When I lost my last match, Nigerians were the people who trolled me and made mockery of me. Learn to show love to those losing, not only those winning.

“Those at the bottom need love, care, and support more than those at the top. When someone is falling, hold them; don’t wait to make a mockery of them. They are my people, and I love them still.

Re: Anthony Joshua Explains Why He Shun Nigerians In His Post Match Speech. by otipoju(m): 7:27pm On Mar 13
Joshua needs to know that while a large number of Nigerians are wired like that...there are some hard-core fans that supported him through thick and thin. His struggles were like ours and his pain and sadness we felt as well.

It was shocking and as well not surprising to see Nigerians troll and mock him. But understand the wickedness of many Nigerians...dem no worth am at all.

Since I discovered Joshua in 2016, I've followed his career and I like his humble, down to earth attitude. I watched all the false allegations and smear he got from wilder and fury fans...but see life today...he's earning 50million dollars for his last fight while Wilder was beaten like a thief and Fury has rightly become the butt of jokes everywhere.

They did everything not to fight him and kept slandering him at every opportunity.

Wilder and Fury must still kiss canvass before AJ. God will preserve them until then.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Explains Why He Shun Nigerians In His Post Match Speech. by budaatum: 7:28pm On Mar 13
udofia234:

“When I lost my last match, Nigerians were the people who trolled me and made mockery of me. Learn to show love to those losing, not only those winning.

“Those at the bottom need love, care, and support more than those at the top. When someone is falling, hold them; don’t wait to make a mockery of them. They are my people, and I love them still.

This is a huge indictment from Joshua.

He's basically accusing of leaving him "without honor in his own town among his relatives and in his own home” because he lost.

We'd hopefully learn to love more.
Re: Anthony Joshua Explains Why He Shun Nigerians In His Post Match Speech. by 49cents(m): 7:38pm On Mar 13
That trolling brought out the best in him...atimes soft hands will not deliver this same level of energy

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Explains Why He Shun Nigerians In His Post Match Speech. by udofia234(m): 11:21pm On Mar 13
otipoju:
Joshua needs to know that while a large number of Nigerians are wired like that...there are some hard-core fans that supported him through thick and thin. His struggles were like ours and his pain and sadness we felt as well.

It was shocking and as well not surprising to see Nigerians troll and mock him. But understand the wickedness of many Nigerians...dem no worth am at all.

Since I discovered Joshua in 2016, I've followed his career and I like his humble, down to earth attitude. I watched all the false allegations and smear he got from wilder and fury fans...but see life today...he's earning 50million dollars for his last fight while Wilder was beaten like a thief and Fury has rightly become the butt of jokes everywhere.

They did everything not to fight him and kept slandering him at every opportunity.

Wilder and Fury must still kiss canvass before AJ. God will preserve them until then.

Well said bro

(1) (Reply)

Why You Must Never Give Your Business Website Design Project To Quacks / Networking Solutions / World Class And Practical Intensive Pest Control & Fumigation Training In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.