Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,117 members, 7,811,138 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

The Believer's Lifestyle (3) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Believer's Lifestyle (3) (52 Views)

The Myths And Truths About The Believer & Foundational Problems / 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin / Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Believer's Lifestyle (3) by AdetoyeAyomikun: 11:49pm On Mar 14
The Believer's Lifestyle (3)

The way of sacrifice may be a recurring theme throughout this series. Just as we understand that discussing the Believer's Lifestyle while mentioning it is literally impossible for me to say.

But perhaps I can bring to remembrance for someone that if you've received this life, it's important to know it's a life of sacrifice.

To give up something valued for the sake of other considerations.

As I said, this could be the overarching theme of this series. We know that everything we do can't exclude sacrifice. It may not make sense to many others, but it's the life you live.

When they say don't do this, it's not as if someone is killing you or is ready to kill you, it's just a pattern we've seen in scripture and we have to live it.

The simple things we do truly matter. I mean, for some of you, just showing up is a lot. You sit down and listen to the leaders in any sphere, and you will be surprised by what some are going through, but they still have to show up.

In the outside world, outside of Christianity, sacrifice is of great importance. So is it for a believer. You can't remove the efficacy of sacrifice.

Sacrifice can't be removed from this journey. One amazing thing about sacrifice is that what it might be for you is not what it is for another. As long as our desires are different, what we will sacrifice will be different.

Sacrifice will make us understand that we can't do everything, we can't say everything, we can't act anyhow. For in the life we've received, we are meant to lay everything down at the feet of Jesus, the one we believe in.

In the next series, which might sound harsh, I hope someone will come to understand that it's not just from a point of perfection that I write this or a medium of attack, but from a point where I believe that in one way or another, Christ himself, the head of the church, will speak into our hearts.

As I talk about what does not look like the life of Christ that we tend to show in our environment.

See you there 😊

(1) (Reply)

The Believer's Lifestyle (4) / Bible Study / God Keeps His Promise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.