Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,499 members, 7,812,543 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin (14955 Views)

Download 47 Free Ebooks & Mp3 Audios By Kenneth E. Hagin On Faith, Healing, / I Should Speak In Tongues, Right? / How To Increase Your Faith – By Rev. Kenneth E. Hagin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin by divinehand2003(m): 6:36am On May 06, 2018
The Apostle Paul wrote and spoke much about the subject of speaking in other tongues, and he apparently practiced what he preached, for he said, “I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all” (1 Cor. 14:18).

The purpose of this particular article is to briefly set forth seven reasons why every Christian should speak in tongues and to help believers see the blessings that can be theirs through daily appropriating the power of the Holy Spirit in their lives.

Reason Number One
The Word of God teaches that when we are filled with the Holy Ghost, we speak with other tongues as the Spirit of God gives utterance. Speaking in tongues is an initial evidence, or sign, of the baptism of the Holy Spirit: “And they were all FILLED WITH THE HOLY GHOST, and began to SPEAK WITH OTHER TONGUES, as the Spirit gave them utterance” (Acts 2:4).

Reason Number Two
Paul encouraged the Corinthian Christians to continue the practice of speaking with other tongues in their worship of God. He also encouraged them to speak in tongues in their individual prayer life as a means of spiritual edification, or building up. The Bible says, “He that speaks in an unknown tongue edifies himself . . .” (1 Cor. 14:4).

Paul also stated in First Corinthians 14:14, “For if I pray in an unknown tongue, MY SPIRIT PRAYETH, but my understanding is unfruitful.” Notice he said, “My spirit prays.”

The Amplified Bible reads, “My spirit [by the Holy Spirit within me] prays . . . .” God is a Spirit. When you pray in tongues, your spirit is in direct contact with God, who is a Spirit. When you speak in tongues, you are talking to Him by divine, supernatural means.

Reason Number Three
A third reason people should speak with other tongues is that speaking with tongues keeps us continually aware of the Holy Spirit’s indwelling Presence. Not only is speaking with tongues the initial sign or evidence of the Holy Spirit’s infilling, but continuing to pray and to worship God in tongues helps us to be ever-con­scious of His indwelling Presence. And if you are conscious of the indwelling Presence of the Holy Ghost every day, that is bound to affect the way you think and live.

Reason Number Four
Speaking in tongues eliminates the possibility of selfishness entering our prayer life. For instance, if I pray a prayer out of my own mind and out of my own thinking, it may be unscriptural. It may be selfish.

Paul wrote to the Church at Rome, “We know not what we should pray for as we ought. . .” (Rom. 8:26). He didn’t say we didn’t know how to pray, because we are instructed to pray to the Father in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ (John 16:23–24).

But just because I know how to pray doesn’t mean that I know what to pray for as I ought. So Paul said, “We know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself [Himself] makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered” (Rom. 8:26).

The Holy Ghost is not going to do our praying for us. He is sent to help us pray. Speak­ing with other tongues is praying as the Spirit gives utterance. It is Spirit-directed praying. And it eliminates the possibility of selfishness in our prayers.

Reason Number Five
A fifth reason believers should speak with tongues is that it helps them learn to trust God more fully. It builds one’s faith to speak in tongues. The Bible says, “Building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost” (Jude 20).

Speaking in tongues stimulates faith and helps us learn how to trust God more fully. For example, faith must be exercised to speak with tongues because the Holy Spirit supernaturally directs the words we speak. You see, we don’t know what the next word will be—we have to trust God for that. And trusting God in one area helps us learn to trust Him in another area.

Reason Number Six
A sixth reason every believer should speak in tongues is that it provides a way for you to pray about things that you wouldn’t think to pray about or aren’t even aware of. We already know that the Holy Spirit helps us pray for particular situations when we don’t know how to pray about those situations. In addition, the Holy Spirit, Who knows everything, can pray things through us for things about which our natural mind knows nothing.

Reason Number Seven
A seventh reason why every believer should speak with tongues is found in James 3:8. “But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison,” Yielding your tongue to the Holy Spirit to speak with other tongues is a big step toward being able to fully yield all of your members to God; for if you can yield your tongue, you can yield any member of your body to God.

Speaking in tongues is the initial evidence of the infilling of the Holy Spirit. God has given us this wonderful spiritual gift to bless us, edify us, and refresh us throughout our lives on this earth. Let’s receive what God has provided and enjoy the bene­fits of speaking in tongues!

https://www.hopefaithprayer.com/prayernew/reasons-believer-tongues-hagin/

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin by mabea: 7:02am On May 06, 2018
Thank God for his Spirit. One thing i have discovered is that when you are Spirit filled you will easily be edified when somebody is speaking with tongues around you though you dont understand what he is saying. That makes it possible to know whether one is faking it or not

8 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin by Nobody: 7:11am On May 06, 2018
I get offended when I see you pastors wannabes mislead people without having idea of what message you are spreading. You pick one favorable verse out a whole chapter when the rest of the chapter doesnt correspond with everything else you are trying to put out. Christians these days have completely ignore apostle Paul's teaching, there are different doctrines which is not supposed to be and also different churches which is wrong but we can always talk about that later.

Now about speaking in tongue this is what Apostle Paul had to say;

1st Corinthians 14:1-40
1) Follow the way of love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts, especially the gift of prophecy.
2) For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God. Indeed, no one understands him; he utters mysteries with his spirit.
3) But everyone who prophesies speaks to men for their strengthening, encouragement and comfort.
4) He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church.
5) I would like every one of you to speak in tongues, but I would rather have you prophesy. He who prophesies is greater than one who speaks in tongues, unless he interprets, so that the church may be edified.
6) Now, brothers, if I come to you and speak in tongues, what good will I be to you, unless I bring you some revelation or knowledge or prophecy or word of instruction?
7) Even in the case of lifeless things that make sounds, such as the flute or harp, how will anyone know what tune is being played unless there is a distinction in the notes?
cool Again, if the trumpet does not sound a clear call, who will get ready for battle?
9) So it is with you. Unless you speak intelligible words with your tongue, how will anyone know what you are saying? You will just be speaking into the air.
10) Undoubtedly there are all sorts of languages in the world, yet none of them is without meaning.
11) If then I do not grasp the meaning of what someone is saying, I am a foreigner to the speaker, and he is a foreigner to me.
12) So it is with you. Since you are eager to have spiritual gifts, try to excel in gifts that build up the church.
13) For this reason anyone who speaks in a tongue should pray that he may interpret what he says.

14) For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful.
15) So what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my mind; I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my mind.
16) If you are praising God with your spirit, how can one who finds himself among those who do not understand say "Amen" to your thanksgiving, since he does not know what you are saying?
17) You may be giving thanks well enough, but the other man is not edified.
18) I thank God that I speak in tongues more than all of you.
19) But in the church I would rather speak five intelligible words to instruct others than ten thousand words in a tongue.
20)Brothers, stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be adults.
21) In the Law it is written: "Through men of strange tongues and through the lips of foreigners I will speak to this people, but even then they will not listen to me," says the Lord.
22) Tongues, then, are a sign, not for believers but for unbelievers; prophecy, however, is for believers, not for unbelievers.
23) So if the whole church comes together and everyone speaks in tongues, and some who do not understand or some unbelievers come in, will they not say that you are out of your mind?
24) But if an unbeliever or someone who does not understand comes in while everybody is prophesying, he will be convinced by all that he is a sinner and will be judged by all,
25) and the secrets of his heart will be laid bare. So he will fall down and worship God, exclaiming, "God is really among you!"
26) What then shall we say, brothers? When you come together, everyone has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. All of these must be done for the strengthening of the church.
27) If anyone speaks in a tongue, two--or at the most three--should speak, one at a time, and someone must interpret.
28) If there is no interpreter, the speaker should keep quiet in the church and speak to himself and God.
29) Two or three prophets should speak, and the others should weigh carefully what is said.
30) And if a revelation comes to someone who is sitting down, the first speaker should stop.
31) For you can all prophesy in turn so that everyone may be instructed and encouraged.
32) The spirits of prophets are subject to the control of prophets.
33) For God is not a God of disorder but of peace. As in all the congregations of the saints,
34) women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says.
35) If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.
36) Did the word of God originate with you? Or are you the only people it has reached?
37) If anybody thinks he is a prophet or spiritually gifted, let him acknowledge that what I am writing to you is the Lord's command.
38) If he ignores this, he himself will be ignored.
39) Therefore, my brothers, be eager to prophesy, and do not forbid speaking in tongues.
40) But everything should be done in a fitting and orderly way.

One day. I am going to open a thread and write everything I have read in the bible that every pastor especially Africans have turned upside down to favor them. From women anchoring programs in churches to women not covering their heads, to churches having different names and doctrine under one body "Christ" to offering and tithes and pastors extravagant lives to calling pastors daddies and their wives mommies its all there in the bible.

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin by Neurotika: 7:22am On May 06, 2018
I discovered it was all a ruse when I was a religious enthusiast back then. There is no such thing as speaking in tongues. When you pester your senses to deem something as essential, your brain will force the other senses to succumb to your wish regardless of how ridiculous it is.

I will be in prayer meetings wondering how possible the other prayer warriors are speaking in tongues easily and profusely. So I yearned for it. One day, during the preparation for an annual crusade, the prayer head mandated all of us to speak in tongues cos according to him, the spirits told him we needed to take the prayer to another level.

Then the noise erupted, tongues everywhere. Imagining myself talking nonsense was so hard to comprehend so I just kept quiet. Then he came to me and whispered 'bro you need to free your tongues'. So I did. And voila, the tongues surprised me.

I even started speaking better than everyone there. We all left there with the conviction our prayers have been answered cos of the physical exertions and strange approach we gave to it.

It took years of profound cogitations and objective research before realizing religion is a form of mental illness. It's a good thing no science can prove that cos the world don't even have the psychiatric facilities to accommodate that mammoth number of mad people.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin by Nobody: 7:39am On May 06, 2018
One reason I encourage religion is because life without these religions is chaos and turbulence, imagine life without "the fear of God" But people are so corrupt. The pastoral job has become a lucrative profession. You just serve under one pastor for a few months, do freedom, go ahead to own your church /business center and get as much gullible people as possible, telling them to dress anyhow and look anyhow because God is about their heart and purse/wallet and not about their righteousness. Forgetting righteousness is in the heart, they encourage people to get rich and give the money to God, that he will forgive however they came about the money so far they give God part of the money.

Christians are supposed to be Christ followers, how do you follow Christ without doing things he instructed.
Matthew 6:19-22
19)"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.
20) But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.
21) For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
22"No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money

Mark 20:25
It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.

Neurotika:
I discovered it was all a ruse when I was a religious enthusiast back then. There is no such thing as speaking in tongues. When you pester your senses to deem something as essential, your brain will force the other senses to succumb to your wish regardless of how ridiculous it is.

I will be in prayer meetings wondering how possible the other prayer warriors are speaking in tongues easily and profusely. So I yearned for it. One day, during the preparation for an annual crusade, the prayer head mandated all of us to speak in tongues cos according to him, the spirits told him we needed to take the prayer to another level.

Then the noise erupted, tongues everywhere. Imagining myself talking nonsense was so hard to comprehend so I just kept quiet. Then he came to me and whispered 'bro you need to free your tongues'. So I did. And voila, the tongues surprised me.

I even started speaking better than everyone there. We all left there with the conviction our prayers have been answered cos of the physical exertions and strange approach we gave to it.

It took years of profound cogitations and objective research before realizing religion is a form of mental illness. It's a good thing no science can prove that cos the world don't even have the psychiatric facilities to accommodate that mammoth number of mad people.

6 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin by inoki247: 8:09am On May 06, 2018
eh eh... i jus know dat ur life Making Noise doesn't mean u winning. go nd ask Tiger Generator nd Mikano Generator u will know what am saying....

3 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin by BossLaifay(f): 8:14am On May 06, 2018
Neurotika:
Its not like its a form of mental illness, Its just that its been used over the years to get people (especially the poor and vulnerable) to do the bidding of more powerful and influential people.

And I totally agree with you about the speaking in tongues thing. I used to desire it and envy people who did it and cry to God why I haven't been given the privilege. Then I tried winging tried it a couple of times and felt weird. I havr now concluded that its a scam.

9 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin by Nobody: 8:17am On May 06, 2018
The author of this piece must be from Christ Embassy.

They like speaking in tongues more than anything in the world.

Whether they are led by the spirit or not, they just want to speak.

SMH for them.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin by Nobody: 8:19am On May 06, 2018
Pastors!!......i cant even remember d last time i stepped my foot into any church,i jst pray,have d fear of God...read my bible,and go on with my life......am tired of getting confused

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin by STARKACE(m): 8:19am On May 06, 2018
More like speaking nonsense, Imagine you saying gibberish and you expect God to understand what you are saying when even you know you are saying nonsense, I mean even a baby understands what he is saying, they said speak in different language why not speak in French, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, German or better still shut the Bleep up rather than give us something to make us think young thug, Lil uzi vert, rich homie quan, Lil yatchy and others is actually making sense

6 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin by stano2(m): 8:21am On May 06, 2018
Christ embassy member spotted "thou must speak in tongues"

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin by calddon(m): 8:22am On May 06, 2018
I read something interesting from here

Speaking in Tongues​—Is It From God?
In the Bible, we read of some men and women who were given power to speak languages that they had never learned. This first occurred on the day of Pentecost 33 C.E., a few weeks after the death of Jesus Christ. On that day in Jerusalem, some 120 disciples of Jesus “became filled with holy spirit and started to speak with different tongues.” Visitors from foreign lands “were bewildered, because each one heard them speaking in his own language.”​—Acts 1:15; 2:1-6.

The Bible mentions other early followers of Jesus who had this remarkable ability. For example, empowered by holy spirit, the apostle Paul could miraculously speak in numerous tongues. (Acts 19:6; 1 Corinthians 12:10, 28; 14:18) But any such gift of God’s holy spirit should logically have a good purpose. So, what purpose did speaking in tongues serve in Bible times?

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2010735

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin by daveP(m): 8:22am On May 06, 2018
Verse 5 is the most important verse Of all the verses, you didn't even bolden it.

However, tongues as seen from acts of apostles shows that they were actually speaking a language spoken on the earth but was totally foreign to the speaker.

Why would the Holy Spirit make that the most important part of the new church age if it's not a vital part of the Pentecost day?

People heard these 120 praising God in their own language and they marvelled. Now I dunno, but it's not a gibberish tongue that should be spoken like I'm seeing here and there. This is very important and should not be ignored.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin by PaddyX: 8:23am On May 06, 2018
Day2logic:
I get offended when I see you pastors wannabes mislead people without having idea of what message you are spreading. You pick one favorable verse out a whole chapter when the rest of the chapter doesnt correspond with everything else you are trying to put out. Christians these days have completely ignore apostle Paul's teaching, there are different doctrines which is not supposed to be and also different churches which is wrong but we can always talk about that later.

1) Follow the way of love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts, especially the gift of prophecy.
2) For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God. Indeed, no one understands him; he utters mysteries with his spirit.
3) But everyone who prophesies speaks to men for their strengthening, encouragement and comfort.
4) He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church.
5) I would like every one of you to speak in tongues, but I would rather have you prophesy. He who prophesies is greater than one who speaks in tongues, unless he interprets, so that the church may be edified.
6) Now, brothers, if I come to you and speak in tongues, what good will I be to you, unless I bring you some revelation or knowledge or prophecy or word of instruction?
7) Even in the case of lifeless things that make sounds, such as the flute or harp, how will anyone know what tune is being played unless there is a distinction in the notes?
cool Again, if the trumpet does not sound a clear call, who will get ready for battle?
9) So it is with you. Unless you speak intelligible words with your tongue, how will anyone know what you are saying? You will just be speaking into the air.
10) Undoubtedly there are all sorts of languages in the world, yet none of them is without meaning.
11) If then I do not grasp the meaning of what someone is saying, I am a foreigner to the speaker, and he is a foreigner to me.
12) So it is with you. Since you are eager to have spiritual gifts, try to excel in gifts that build up the church.
13) For this reason anyone who speaks in a tongue should pray that he may interpret what he says.

15) So what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my mind; I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my mind.
16) If you are praising God with your spirit, how can one who finds himself among those who do not understand say "Amen" to your thanksgiving, since he does not know what you are saying?
19) But in the church I would rather speak five intelligible words to instruct others than ten thousand words in a tongue.
20)Brothers, stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be adults.
21) In the Law it is written: "Through men of strange tongues and through the lips of foreigners I will speak to this people, but even then they will not listen to me," says the Lord.
22) Tongues, then, are a sign, not for believers but for unbelievers; prophecy, however, is for believers, not for unbelievers.
23) So if the whole church comes together and everyone speaks in tongues, and some who do not understand or some unbelievers come in, will they not say that you are out of your mind?
24) But if an unbeliever or someone who does not understand comes in while everybody is prophesying, he will be convinced by all that he is a sinner and will be judged by all,
25) and the secrets of his heart will be laid bare. So he will fall down and worship God, exclaiming, "God is really among you!"
26) What then shall we say, brothers? When you come together, everyone has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. All of these must be done for the strengthening of the church.
27) If anyone speaks in a tongue, two--or at the most three--should speak, one at a time, and someone must interpret.
28) If there is no interpreter, the speaker should keep quiet in the church and speak to himself and God.
29) Two or three prophets should speak, and the others should weigh carefully what is said.
30) And if a revelation comes to someone who is sitting down, the first speaker should stop.
31) For you can all prophesy in turn so that everyone may be instructed and encouraged.
33) For God is not a God of disorder but of peace. As in all the congregations of the saints,
34) women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says.
35) If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.
36) Did the word of God originate with you? Or are you the only people it has reached?
37) If anybody thinks he is a prophet or spiritually gifted, let him acknowledge that what I am writing to you is the Lord's command.
39) Therefore, my brothers, be eager to prophesy, and do not forbid speaking in tongues.

One day. I am going to open a thread and write everything I have read in the bible that every pastor especially Africans have turned upside down to favor them. From women anchoring programs in churches to women not covering their heads, to churches having different names and doctrine under one body "Christ" to offering and tithes and pastors extravagant lives to calling pastors daddies and their wives mommies its all there in the bible.

Help me tell them
Some Christians these days have left the core message of Christianity - love to focus on unnecessary things.

Speaking in tongues without understanding from who you speak to is NOISE

3 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin by Nobody: 8:25am On May 06, 2018
Let's not forget. "The apostles spoke in other tongues". People from other parts of the world understood them.
But unfortunately, most Christians shout and make noise. I pray to God in English, he understands and answers, it's enough for me.

6 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin by bareal(m): 8:29am On May 06, 2018
mrdashing10:
Let's not forget. "The apostles spoke in other tongues". People from other parts of the world understood them.
But unfortunately, most Christians shout and make noise. I pray to God in English, he understands and answers, it's enough for me.

Unfortunately, Some Christians still think tongue is an heavenly laguage. When the spirit falls on you, you begins to speak in 'other' languages that's alien to you but not to some people around for conviction of faith.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin by Quelme: 8:29am On May 06, 2018
Simplep:
Pastors!!......i cant even remember d last time i stepped my foot into any church,i jst pray,have d fear of God...read my bible,and go on with my life......am tired of getting confused
really?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin by poseidon7: 8:35am On May 06, 2018
is this not madness like this?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin by Nobody: 8:35am On May 06, 2018
bareal:

Unfortunately, Some Christians still think tongue is an heavenly laguage. When the spirit falls on you, you begins to speak in 'other' languages that's alien to you but not to some people around for conviction of faith.
Unfortunately...
Re: 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin by kwaso2: 8:46am On May 06, 2018
Neurotika:

I fear. I don't know where u lost it. But I wish u God's mercy. I don't want to know any biblical, logical or scientific background or backing to support speaking in Tongue. I am a living proof. I am that background. It has totally transformed my personality.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin by Viula(m): 9:14am On May 06, 2018
Day2logic:

the scriptures you cited is talking about speaking in tongues in church service. maybe you are leading a congregation you shouldn't speak in tongues without interpreting it or have an interpreter. so as to avoid confusion. but it doesn't take away the place of speaking in tongues as an individual in your own private time to edify yourself. but the goodnews is if you pray to God to give u the gift of interpretation of tongues he will give you. I asked for it and I received it. now I can pray in tongues and interpret it and also interpret if someone around me is speaking in tongues too.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin by ojdollars(m): 9:16am On May 06, 2018
Day2logic:

The topic says 7 reasons why every believer should speak (Pray in tongue in context), this statement is addressing personal spiritual interaction with God, avoiding to praying amiss and indulging in selfish prayer points. Because when you pray with presenting your thoughts to God, you pray amiss sometimes, you do not pray accordingly in line with God's word or vision for the time. Paul was addressing a different topic/subject in these scripture, not personal interaction through praying tongue. I'm a Security professional, if I go to UBTH or IBTH to address the Nurses as a speaker in a convention, and I start talking to them about Firewall, Intrusion Prevention and Detection Systems - IPS/IDS, Or How to whitelist application in a Bluecoat Proxy app and I do not bake this subject of conversation into healthcare relatively, then I have done no good showing up to speak. I was just blabbing and feeling fly the whole time. But if I speak to them in a manner that communicates the importance of IT/IS in 21st century health care provision, they would be attentive, draw up many benefits from my speech... Pray for one another, the Gospel is not given to us so we can develop a mentality of outshining others with theological prowess, but it was given to draw unbelievers to the light of God's goodness, mercy, undiluted love that can make a spirit man give up His only son, stood by and did nothing and watch the 33yr old Son flogged, beaten, humiliated, abused, tortured just to draw man (The Rebel) to Himself again 2000+ years ago. Is about Love and Spreading the goodness with meekness, humility, kindness and consistency.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin by Nobody: 9:32am On May 06, 2018
Simplep:
Convert to catholicism

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin by Nobody: 9:33am On May 06, 2018
Simplep:
Start going to the catholic church

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:41am On May 06, 2018
abject madness.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin by Harfisco(m): 9:42am On May 06, 2018
speaking in tongue is a scam,if not which country's language is it .one idiot will soon tell me I have to be in the spirit before I can understand it

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin by MrAnele(m): 9:42am On May 06, 2018
Madness
Re: 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin by Harfisco(m): 9:43am On May 06, 2018
mabea:
Thank God for his Spirit. One thing i have discovered is that when you are Spirit filled you will easily be edified when somebody is speaking with tongues around you though you dont understand what he is saying. That makes it possible to know whether one is faking it or not

when will u open ur brain
Re: 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin by emmy02(m): 9:45am On May 06, 2018
This is all nonsense.. What tongues are you referring to? Is it the gibberish u chatter about u r calling tongues? U better wake up and stop deceiving urself.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin by pryme(m): 10:09am On May 06, 2018
Every bone in my body tells me this speaking in tongues is scam

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin by FreshestManny(m): 10:09am On May 06, 2018
Bia OP. It's not a must one should speak in tongues. Do you think this gibberish people speak now is the real speaking in tongues? Hell no! Don't let anyone deceive you that speaking in tongues is a must; free yourself from this mental slavery and make REAL peace with your God. There are too many deceivers out there claiming to be 'men of God' but actually, they bank on your gullibility and make you do things that normally your brain would discern to be wrong. This same speaking in tongues topic reminds me of when I was in a bus sometime last year, a woman finished praying for the occupants and she suddenly said "if you know how to speak in tongues, begin to speak now..." then she began speaking her unintelligent gibberish. I was like WTF?!!! I just 'jejely' plugged in my ear buds to listen to my bada.ss jams let her keep deceiving herself with rubbish.
Now, let me show you a bible passage on this 'speaking in tongues' issue

[b]Acts 2 King James Version (KJV)

4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?

8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?

9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,

10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,

11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

12 And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?
[/b]

Now, from the bolded, we can see that the REAL speaking in tongues occurs when the HOLY SPIRIT ACTUALLY falls on a person enabling the person to speak in a language that is not his MOTHER TONGUE. A language that someone can actually understand. For example, you didn't know how to speak German before then suddenly, under the power of the Holy Spirit, you are able to speak German and a German national will actually understand the German you speak. Look carefully at Acts 2:7-11. After y'all will say that we Catholics don't read the bible, that we are too traditional, when actually, you guys in search of 'sharp sharp' 'fast life' 'digital' ways of serving God & killing your conscience from sins you have committed, you take a passage of the bible, remove the 'sense' it was actually meant to give you, add your 'non' and turn it to NONSENSE!.
#IDonTypeFinish
#AbegMakeUnaMum.uDo
#SpeakinginTonguesDoesNotMakeYouABeliever
#ReceiveSense

cc: divinehand2003

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dream Of Being Naked Inside The Church,pls Help / Our Daily Manna For 2022 / Please Recommend A Church For Me In Ado-Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 175
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.