Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,534 members, 7,812,657 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

A Different Take On The Little Mermaid - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Different Take On The Little Mermaid (237 Views)

Marina The Little Mermaid / The Original Tale Of The Little Mermaid Written By Hans Christian Anderson / Tears Of A Pearl ( My Human Mermaid) By NICKY DA QUEEN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Different Take On The Little Mermaid by Jennifer141(f): 2:17pm On Mar 15
There once was a beautiful princess mermaid, her name was Ariel the dauther of King Triton. She has 10 other sisters whom she thought were more beautiful than she would ever be.
Now Ariel never liked the sea for she thought it was boring. so she decided to watch the land people because she felt that they were more fascinating then anything.
One day while she watched the land people she saw something she had never seen in her 116 years of life.

A Handsome prince

She was so transfixed by his handsomeness that she decided that she wanted him. Ariel as we all know was the last of 11 girls there by making her the baby in her father's eye, He loved Ariel so much that he would give her whatever she asked for, This made Ariel to be spoilt and bratty thinking that everything revolves around her for if the king of the seven seas could be someone who is her father and dotes on her surely every one should also spoil her.
Her sisters were jealous of her, not only would she not be given up for marriage, she could have anything and everything she wants and she is still not satisfied. They always leave her aside when doing anything, They act like she isn't there and this upsets Ariel, They always talk bad about Ariel saying she would never be as beautiful as they are.
Ariel believed them because no one wanted to play with her so she thought " I must be very ugly for no one wants to play with me".
But this wasn't true. Ariel is the most beautiful mermaid in the kingdom with blood red hair, thin waist and the smoothest tail you would ever see. Her spoiled behaviour and self-centredness made people shy away from her, but she couldn't help it, her father just kept spoiling her to the deepest ends.
After Ariel saw the most handsome prince she has ever seen she decided to do the one thing she always do...

Tell her father she wanted him. And of course her father said

"Of course my beloved daughter"

So This is the start of a story that have never been seen before.

If you want me to start with this story please comment yes.

This is the blurp

After a ship crashed into the sea a man (Eric) was saved by a mermaid (Ariel). She turned him into a merman and now they are set to be wed soon.
Elena a servent to the princess could see that Eric was not in love with the princess so she is bent on saving Eric from the claws of the princess if it is the last thing she does.

Who is Elena?
Why is she bent on freeing Eric?
Will Ariel sisters accept a human turned merman?.
Will they plot to kill him and destroy Ariel's heart?
Will Ariel finally be satisfied?
Will she get over her insecurity?
Find out in the book
[bMy Lovely Merman[/b]
Re: A Different Take On The Little Mermaid by Spagi(m): 4:52pm On Mar 15
This dope ride on

1 Like

Re: A Different Take On The Little Mermaid by Jennifer141(f): 6:32pm On Mar 21
Chapter 1

A Kingdom under the sea

A majestic palace made of Diamonds and silver stones twinkling like stars in the deepest of nights.
Mermen guards the entrance of the majestic Door, a Door that could only be opened by the strongest of men, inside the castle where hallways, big hallways with decorations so expensive it could buy out a country.

Along the hallways were doors leading either to a guest room, a kitchen, a study room, a library and rooms that has never been discovered for they are simply to much to count.
For the palace was taller and bigger than even the tallest of building in any land or sea.
"Why such grandeur for a palace" one might ask "isn't it all just for a king" they might continue. Well this is not just any type of palace nor is it just for any king.
This is the home of the king of the seven seas Triton the strongest merman to have ever graced the sea stronger than a million merman put together in pure brute force, he is as mighty as they come.

Some merfolk say he is god, others say he is the younger brother of Poseidon the god of the seas, But no one truly knows the whole story.
Now Triton has so many wives and concubines, which meant he had so many children no one could count, both mermen and mermaids aplenty.
But there was one whom he truly loved the most, Ariana the siren, For she was beautiful, and had the voice of an angel hence the title Ariana the siren.
Ariana was a peasant girl whose parents died during the war against the human pirates, they died protecting the one they loved the most Ariana.

She became an orphan who had to fend for herself. King Triton fell in love with the beautiful and talented Ariana and she became one of his many wives.
She was his favourite for her voice could calm his anger, and could lift his mood when feeling down and out. Moreover her voice could make even the strongest of warrior be incapacitated with just one note.

Many of king Triton wives were jealous of Ariana, but they couldn't do anything for that would mean treason because King Triton does not tolerate any shedding of blood in his home.

Ariana was not able to give birth to children like his other wives who had multiple children, their children would decide either to leave or stay upon reaching 220 years, as that is the age of maturity in the merkingdom, most if not all of king Triton's children chooses to leave for they want to rule over their own territory which would be giving to them by their father, for they knew that King Triton's reign would not be ending anytime soon.

Their mothers would follow them to help with their establishment, Ariana was deeply sorrowed as she watches king Triton's wives leave with their children and she doesn't even have one to call her's. King Triton felt sorry for Ariana so he was always by her side never wanting her to be lonely.

He gifts her all she wants, the finest of pearls, the shiniest sea shell, the most beautiful flowers one could ever find, but still her childlessness could not be solved.
One day Ariana asked king Triton for something no one could ever believe. She asked him to use his powers to make her conceive, but of course he refuse.

That was dark magic and it would not be without consequences but Ariana didn't want to listen she kept begging and begging until one day king Triton agreed as he didn't like her shedding tears.
He used his trident to make Ariana conceive. Ariana was happy, she was the most happiest she had ever been since her marriage. King Triton was also happy, he too was the happiest he had ever been, he was never this happy when his other wives was pregnant.

All of his joy could be seen as king Triton never raged a storm throughout queen Ariana's pregnancy. The whole kingdom was in the state of joy and merriment all through the pregnancy and of course the wives of King Triton could not share in the joy for during their pregnancies the king never even visited them.

But of course the joy could never last as the price for the pregnancy had to be paid. On the day of the delivery queen Ariana sadly passed away.
The king was devastated for his one true love had died. The pain could be felt throughout the land and sea for a storm bigger than any had ever seen was raging. The sky weeped, the ocean raged, no one was saved from the wraith of king Triton.

The king mourned his beloved, he couldn't look at the child born by his beloved, for were it not for it, his Ariana would still be alive. He sat on his throne and knew pain for his beloved was no more.
The king's councils couldn't talk sense to the king, they couldn't make him stop the madness he was creating. Until one day a loyal servent to the king brought him the very child that brought him so much pain.

He looked at the child and he saw something that shocked him to the core. His Ariana, the child looked like his Ariana and if he didn't know better he would have thought she had reincarnated.
Immediately the storms that had been raging for a long time stopped. And the sky became clear every merperson was happy "finally their king had stopped mourning" they said to themselves.
King Triton vowed to himself, he would never let history repeat itself, he would protect this child, his child and she would stay with him for eternity, he would give to her what ever she wants, he would spoil her senseless so she would never think of leaving.

On the day of her very first birthday he threw the biggest party that made all his children jealous, the whole of the sea creatures was invited even his estranged sister Ursula was invited for on that day he made an announcement to all who came.

"This is my daughter, she is the heir to my throne and her name is......... Ariel"

End of chapter 1.
Re: A Different Take On The Little Mermaid by Jennifer141(f): 11:32pm On Mar 31
Chapter 2
After Ariel's party

Inside the throne room.

The king's children could not believe what they had just heard. "This is preposterous" Davin one of king Triton strongest son said. " How can a mere lad, a baby, become the heir, you must be joking father" he said with an inkling of fear and frustration in his voice.

He had thought that there would be a tournament to decide who the heir to the throne would be, and now his father had just said a child, a female at that would become the King. How is that even possible.

Jayden one of the king's son didn't want to agree with his step brother but he too couldn't believe his ears. "What happened to the tournament" he said "father, this is to much, you can't just say this and expect everyone to go with it, it is unacceptable, how is this ev..."
"SILENCE" king Triton roared on his throne room.

"You dare to question me, your King, how dare you. Be it as it may that you are my sons, i will not tolerate any form of disrespect from any of you"

"If i may father" Eleden the king's first born son who was also the strongest in both strength and wisdom said.

"Our little sister has just been born wouldn't it be unwise for you to crown her heir to the throne at such a young age. There would be threats to her life and the young lad might not make it. It's for her own Good." Eleden said trying to make his father see reason as he may have lost it since the death of queen Ariana.

"My son, my most adored son, you speek wisely as always, but you forget" King Triton rises from his throne and golden light shines from his body making his wives and children bow at the power being shown

"I am Triton King of the Seven seas, the oceans bow to me, the skys mirrors my mood and the waves obeys me, I decree who so ever threatens the life of my beloved Daughter Ariel shall be thrown into the Oblivion, For even the smallest of thought on her assassination would incur the punishment of the Oblivion."

King Triton declares in power. His children who had thought on assassinating the princess with grand schemes of using some sea creatures became afraid.

"Father isn't that too much, you are going to far how could you do that for her" Amanda one of king Triton youngest daughter said, she used to be the most favoured daughter and now some other daughter came and took her place, this Areal or whatever her name is has stolen from her and she is going to pay dearly for it.

"Forgive Amanda your highness she is but a mere child that one" Amanda's mother said immediately for she didn't want her to receive punishment for talking back to the king after his decree. She immediately bowed to Triton and showed submission along with her daughter who still didn't understand the gravity of her actions.

"Take Amanda to her chambers and confine her for 20 years, let this be a lesson to anyone who thinks they can act prudently just because they are young and unwise. My word is final, Now all of you get out" King Triton had lost his patience with his family and sent them on their way.

Alone in the throne room King Triton thought of his daughter who was asleep and he thought of his beloved Ariana " O Ariana am sure you would have been brimming with joy for our little darlings first birthday, only a year gone by and it seems like eternity since you were here,I shouldn't have given in to your request but I couldn't be the cause of your tears, but now am glad I did that because now we have a token of our love, our Ariel, I named her after you, and i promise, i will protect our daughter with my life" King Triton promised solemnly.

End of chapter 2
Re: A Different Take On The Little Mermaid by Jennifer141(f): 8:30pm On Apr 06
Am so sorry guys. I would like to finish my other stories first.

The Genie Princess check it out.
Link
https://www.nairaland.com/8033618/genie-princess#128984042

(1) (Reply)

Poem: Time Not Age By Karlagod / Anambra Young Writers Set To Celebrate Achebe / The Survival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.