Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,012 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

The Start And Rise Of DHL( Dalsey, Hillblom, Lynn): Then And Now - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Start And Rise Of DHL( Dalsey, Hillblom, Lynn): Then And Now (32497 Views)

Video Of DHL Cargo Plane Splits In Two After Skidding Off The Runway During .... / Cost Of Sending A Document Via DHL Express(urgent) / Experience At The (US Visa) Passport Collection Center, DHL VI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Start And Rise Of DHL( Dalsey, Hillblom, Lynn): Then And Now by Racoon(m): 2:34pm On Mar 16
The year is 1969, 3 young lads start a business delivering parcels door to door in an old Plymouth Duster with unmatched doors! Adrian Dalsey, Larry Hillblom, Robert Lynn,whose surnames made up an acronym DHL.

Fast forward 55 years, DHL has 250 proprietary planes, 32 000 vehicles, 550 000 employees and present in almost every country on earth! Revenue for 2019 was 65 Billion Euro!
https://www.facebook.com/share/p/VpPEeYrdMVHXg7vV/?mibextid=xfxF2i

77 Likes 12 Shares

Re: The Start And Rise Of DHL( Dalsey, Hillblom, Lynn): Then And Now by Racoon(m): 2:34pm On Mar 16
Start where you are, start with what you have and never ever give up!!!

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Start And Rise Of DHL( Dalsey, Hillblom, Lynn): Then And Now by Racoon(m): 2:37pm On Mar 16
What a feat! Vision is key. Great intuitive and innovative thinking. Never belittle the days of little beginning. Cheers guys.

120 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Start And Rise Of DHL( Dalsey, Hillblom, Lynn): Then And Now by superCleanworks(m): 3:24pm On Mar 16
Big brand

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Start And Rise Of DHL( Dalsey, Hillblom, Lynn): Then And Now by JealousCobra(m): 4:05pm On Mar 16
cool
Re: The Start And Rise Of DHL( Dalsey, Hillblom, Lynn): Then And Now by Ladiesdoctor(m): 12:57pm On Mar 18
The meaning of the DHL 😲😲
Give it a Nigerian name jare

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Start And Rise Of DHL( Dalsey, Hillblom, Lynn): Then And Now by SoNature(m): 12:57pm On Mar 18
I must give credit to these foreigners on how they grow companies to have branches almost in all countries around the world.

Imagine how hard it is covering your own country let alone having branches around the world.

137 Likes 11 Shares

Re: The Start And Rise Of DHL( Dalsey, Hillblom, Lynn): Then And Now by richard870(m): 12:57pm On Mar 18
Success!

7 Likes

Re: The Start And Rise Of DHL( Dalsey, Hillblom, Lynn): Then And Now by Benki003(m): 12:57pm On Mar 18
Next would be my success story of how I left Nigeria and then came back bought it and became the owner of Nigeria

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Start And Rise Of DHL( Dalsey, Hillblom, Lynn): Then And Now by MaziObinnaokija: 12:57pm On Mar 18
cool humble beginning

3 Likes

Re: The Start And Rise Of DHL( Dalsey, Hillblom, Lynn): Then And Now by callmevirus(m): 12:58pm On Mar 18
Nothing concern me but E dey mind

DHL is still very active, I like them

1 Like

Re: The Start And Rise Of DHL( Dalsey, Hillblom, Lynn): Then And Now by Macdeey: 12:58pm On Mar 18
grin

Starting something similar in this Man's Administration is extremely impossible !

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Start And Rise Of DHL( Dalsey, Hillblom, Lynn): Then And Now by Offpoint1: 12:59pm On Mar 18
Time to start my restaurant biz with just toothpick.

15 Likes

Re: The Start And Rise Of DHL( Dalsey, Hillblom, Lynn): Then And Now by heniford2: 12:59pm On Mar 18
The system worked for them not in Nigeria here

28 Likes

Re: The Start And Rise Of DHL( Dalsey, Hillblom, Lynn): Then And Now by Inspirer1: 12:59pm On Mar 18
Still waxing strong

4 Likes

Re: The Start And Rise Of DHL( Dalsey, Hillblom, Lynn): Then And Now by Talkisneeded: 12:59pm On Mar 18
Never discredit the days of your little beginning...

I sell herbs tho

4 Likes

Re: The Start And Rise Of DHL( Dalsey, Hillblom, Lynn): Then And Now by mmadu4: 12:59pm On Mar 18
mumu

1 Like

Re: The Start And Rise Of DHL( Dalsey, Hillblom, Lynn): Then And Now by pacespot(m): 1:00pm On Mar 18
Impressive, this is how to build a company, unlike Nigerian business owners selling overinflated products to their customers thereby neglecting the most crucial part of the business which is providing service to the people.

When you provide value to people, money will automatically follow. But Nigerian businesses want to become billionaire overnight selling substandard and overpriced goods to people.

Thank goodness government is opening borders now, many businesses in Nigeria will soon pack off.

26 Likes

Re: The Start And Rise Of DHL( Dalsey, Hillblom, Lynn): Then And Now by Cmanforall: 1:00pm On Mar 18
Re: The Start And Rise Of DHL( Dalsey, Hillblom, Lynn): Then And Now by sirjoggy(m): 1:02pm On Mar 18
shocked
Re: The Start And Rise Of DHL( Dalsey, Hillblom, Lynn): Then And Now by timmilehin(m): 1:02pm On Mar 18
Wey the story nah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Start And Rise Of DHL( Dalsey, Hillblom, Lynn): Then And Now by tefishy(m): 1:02pm On Mar 18
This is a synopsis of what we call "Progress". A very good example

Dalsey, Hillblom, and Lynn vision: In 55 years ----> 250 proprietary planes, 32 000 vehicles, 550 000 employees

Nigerian leaders vision: in 55 years -----> budget padding aka steal billions

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Start And Rise Of DHL( Dalsey, Hillblom, Lynn): Then And Now by jeromestarks: 1:02pm On Mar 18
These guys increased their business planes and buses while some Nigerian girls are increasing their body count. Shame.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Start And Rise Of DHL( Dalsey, Hillblom, Lynn): Then And Now by Cmanforall: 1:02pm On Mar 18
SoNature:
I must give credit to these foreigners on how they grow companies to have branches almost in all countries around the world.

Imagine how hard it is covering your own country let alone having branches around the world.

Germans, not Americans

2 Likes

Re: The Start And Rise Of DHL( Dalsey, Hillblom, Lynn): Then And Now by viqSmallz(m): 1:02pm On Mar 18
Yup. Thats me organisation. Proud yellow machine

2 Likes

Re: The Start And Rise Of DHL( Dalsey, Hillblom, Lynn): Then And Now by ClearFlair: 1:03pm On Mar 18
Supporters of corrupt politicians cannot relate. They know nothing about being a productive human being.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Start And Rise Of DHL( Dalsey, Hillblom, Lynn): Then And Now by Goodlady(f): 1:03pm On Mar 18

1 Like

Re: The Start And Rise Of DHL( Dalsey, Hillblom, Lynn): Then And Now by blowjohn(m): 1:03pm On Mar 18
But a typical Nigerian business man will carry profits of the early months and years to go and build houses instead of concentrating on expanding the business.

He wants to build house to impress people and buy luxury cars.

When the economy is harsh, he brings up the excuse of price of diesel and increases prices of his goods and services....

12 Likes

Re: The Start And Rise Of DHL( Dalsey, Hillblom, Lynn): Then And Now by Adakintroy: 1:03pm On Mar 18
Nigerian be asking silly question. This business get money ?...this business get money

All business get money. Na your hardwork perseverance and patients. Na long distance race be Hussle.

Oya get to work

8 Likes

Re: The Start And Rise Of DHL( Dalsey, Hillblom, Lynn): Then And Now by Belleful: 1:04pm On Mar 18
We keep learning everyday. I have never come across this before. That DHL is abbreviation for the names of the owners of the company. Kudos guys

12 Likes

Re: The Start And Rise Of DHL( Dalsey, Hillblom, Lynn): Then And Now by Cmanforall: 1:04pm On Mar 18
SoNature:
I must give credit to these Americans on how they grow companies to have branches almost in all countries around the world.

German, not American

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Nigerians In Malaysia Deportation Camp Need Government's Help" - Lady Cries Out / Bus Crash: How Woman Dived Out Of Window To Save Her Baby / Fun-seekers Besiege Lagos Beaches Despite Recession (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.