Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,885 members, 7,824,701 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

When God Brings Chaos - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When God Brings Chaos (74 Views)

Praising God Brings Favour / What To Do When God is Yet To Answer Your Prayer(s) / What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When God Brings Chaos by ToteJesus: 6:36pm On Mar 17
*When God Brings Chaos.*

Over the past few weeks I have seen Laughing doves visit our home to breed. Usually the breeding takes place on the bathroom's window and I always love to see it. This breed of birds hatch their young as a couple. On numerous occasions, the male switch hatching duty with the female.

Interestingly our area is also home to highly predatory birds such as the Peregrine falcon and the night Owl.

Some weeks ago I had seen a Laughing dove break the breeding norm at the house by setting up her nest at the window above the stair case. I cringed as I knew this was a bad decision.

That side of the house is easily visible to Owls which sleep on the water reservoir just a few meters away. The Owl's 'night cry' is capable of sending an adult man running for his life. In addition, the kids at home frequent that area. All these factors make it impossible for the laughing dove to peaceable hatch its eggs.

Therefore, with all the love in my heart I took the bird's nest and destroyed it before it could lay any eggs. The bird flew away and watched 'saddened' from afar as I tore down all it's hard work.

I stepped out and returned hours later. Only to find these stubborn bird had not only rebuilt the nest, but had laid an egg.

I felt terrible for this bird. It had made a mistake and rejected wisdom. Unfortunately, I could no longer scatter the nest, the bird was now fully committed.

During the following day, I no longer saw the egg. On enquiry, one of the kids at home was found to have picked the egg from the nest and taking it to school where it was presumably destroyed.

The Holy Spirit spoke to me from this event on how we often reject the Wisdom of God and land in the kind of situation the laughing dove got into.
We all agree we are not as wise as God is, but we struggle with surrender.

Like Lot who chose the luscious green field for his cattles without consulting God, only to have nearly been destroyed alongside Sodom and Gomorrah, innocent decisions made outside of God's counsel and wisdom can have far reaching consequences.

You are only serious about winning in all areas of life, when you listen to the Holy Spirit!

By Ifelola Olaleye
ToteJesus
Re: When God Brings Chaos by Kobojunkie: 6:58pm On Mar 17
See how OP turn a tale of the wickedness of man into that which he considers to be of the holy spirit. Can people not see how this wickedness that is religion has turned Africans into people who can't even record right from wrong? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 19/03/2024 / If Prayer Is The Commando Of The Spirit Realm / Prophetic Hall Of Fame: Prophet Godwin Ikuru Speak Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.