Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,055 members, 7,835,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank (28904 Views)

My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt / Did You Do This In Your Secondary School Days? / How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by VIKTO83(m): 1:19pm On Mar 19
There must be more to this story.
Yes people can change no doubt. But I'll be more critical as always in making any comments here.
I do not in anyway support fraud and I'm not saying d guy committed fraud or not as I'm not with d authority to say so.
Relate his story with this; I have a friend who was relieved of his employment with a commercial bank. He had a manager who instructed him to clear a cheque for a customer whose account balance does not correspond with d request. He eventually cleared d cheque on d managers instruction since d manager will be d one answerable to d authorities.
Unfortunately d same day d auditors flashed in and on auditing his transactions they asked what happened and he said d manager instructed him and they asked him if its his personal money would he have done same And he said no...the manager in return denied that he isn't aware.
Na so Bosun take leave work.
Now can u correlate it with ur story?
Possibly d guy is innocent and was used as scapegoat.
Ask urself why a fraud of such magnitude had not been unravelled all d while? Does he not have a guarantor?
There must be power at d top that may have implicated d gentle guy.

So analyse critically

2 Likes

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by MaziObinnaokija: 1:19pm On Mar 19
sad maybe the bank nah GTB .If nah FBN grin,by the time dey grab yo papa 🤣 😂 and family, he go appear back sharp sharp.
Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Beverlyjean(f): 1:25pm On Mar 19
Thanos5555:

They will never allow 22 years to be a manager, he can be assistant bank manager. No matter if he finished at 16 years, it too fast, but as assistant bank manager you can have privileges and access to what the manager has

You can be an assistant manager at 22 or 21 in a bank, once you were recruited through the right managerial channel

Impossible... no 22 Yr old can be any type of manager in any bank in the world ... u need at least 5 Yr banking experience with the best if the best achievements and stroooong connections from the executives to even have a slight chance... someone that brings 10billion into the system will fly higher in the bank than the most intelligent human being on earth... numbers is all that matters to them ...not necessarily intelligence ....

4 Likes

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Kingjbase: 1:27pm On Mar 19
guobe:

He was a genius. Till this day he has not been found .
Its very sad that most Nigerians nowadays have decided to choose the wrong path. We nowadays glorify people who are a menace to the society, criminality is just a norm. And they are more appreciated than those who possess the virtues of integrity. Let me remind you that this so called genius will never be at peace with himself, whether you like it or not , he is wanted criminal. And his reputation as a law abiding citizen has being totally ruined. Good name is far better than having silver and gold
Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Kingjbase: 1:29pm On Mar 19
blingxx:

The minority always control the majority normally, society is just a big pyramid scheme and only few Nigerians have awaken to accept this reality
So you approve of fraud ?
Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Kobojunkie: 1:30pm On Mar 19
VIKTO83:
â–  There must be more to this story.
Yes people can change no doubt. But I'll be more critical as always in making any comments here.
I do not in anyway support fraud and I'm not saying d guy committed fraud or not as I'm not with d authority to say so.
Relate his story with this; I have a friend who was relieved of his employment with a commercial bank. He had a manager who instructed him to clear a cheque for a customer whose account balance does not correspond with d request. He eventually cleared d cheque on d managers instruction since d manager will be d one answerable to d authorities.
Unfortunately d same day d auditors flashed in and on auditing his transactions they asked what happened and he said d manager instructed him and they asked him if its his personal money would he have done same And he said no...the manager in return denied that he isn't aware.
Na so Bosun take leave work.
Now can u correlate it with ur story?
Possibly d guy is innocent and was used as scapegoat.
Ask urself why a fraud of such magnitude had not been unravelled all d while? Does he not have a guarantor?

There must be power at d top that may have implicated d gentle guy.
So analyse critically
Your friend was framed by a manager. Op claims his old school mate was the manager in his story. lipsrsealed
Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by olumideinfo: 1:32pm On Mar 19
[quote author=guobe post=128997464]I went to a highly competitive secondary school back in the days.

This private school had alot of intelligent young boys and girls and there was this boy name withheld that was always coming out top in class.

There was this other girl giving him a chase for who comes out top in the class too as they were both extremely intelligent and to me I will say they were geniuses as they were so so good.

Me I wasn't doing too badly too but that guy was in another class of his own.
He was cool ,gentle and focused and I knew the future was going to be very bright for him academically.

I met him one day and asked him how he does his thing that makes him academically sound and he laughed and told me that during the holidays,he makes sure he reads ahead what will be thought in the next session and when session starts he just goes to class and assimilate what the teacher is teaching.

To cut the long story short,this guy finished his university in flying colours reading Biochemistry and got a job in the banking sector.

At just 22 years of age, he was already a manager in one of the branches of the bank and was doing very well.

The next thing I heard was that he has defrauded the bank of more than 500 million naira and has gone missing without a trace.
Till this day he has not been seen with no trace.

I still wonder what might have happened to this intelligent young man that made him to defraud a bank at such a young age and soil his name for life just because of money.

This is someone with such intelligence can create a money spinning software that can become a global brand.
It still baffles me till this day.

Some of our friends that attended that secondary school told me he was running deals with some yahoo guys that also attended the school and those guys might have influenced him.

Moral of the story is that people can change their character within a twinkle of an eye.[If trulytheguy is yourfriend, youwouldwaited tohearfromhimbeforebringinghismattertothepublic, a lotofpeopleare inprisontodayforacrimethey knownothingabout. Theguy mightbeyourcompetitor butnotyourfriend.. Get busy]

1 Like

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Beverlyjean(f): 1:32pm On Mar 19
guobe:

I don't want to mention his name but he was managing the bank.
To have access to that kind of fund can't be done by a mere staff.
This scenario happened years ago and all our colleagues knew him.

U know nothing about banking...u just heard gist without verifying... I have worked in a bank b4... 22yrs is never possible.... and branch managers don't have any free access to money... unless they fake a customers signature and approve it ...

2 Likes

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by guobe: 1:32pm On Mar 19
Beverlyjean:

Impossible... no 22 Yr old can be any type of manager in any bank in the world ... u need at least 5 Yr banking experience with the best if the best achievements and stroooong connections from the executives to even have a slight chance... someone that brings 10billion into the system will fly higher in the bank than the most intelligent human being on earth... numbers is all that matters to them ...not necessarily intelligence ....
And why do you think he was not using his yahoo friends to pull in billions to the bank before he finally struck.
Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Kingbuhari(m): 1:33pm On Mar 19
If I put half of my brain into use . I will solve Nigeria problems in a second.. just that am reserving it for something higher..

Apocalypse zombie 🤯
Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by olumideinfo: 1:39pm On Mar 19
If truly the guy is your friend, you would have been patient to hear from him before bringing his matter here. A lot of people are in prison today for a crime they have nothing to do with. Tani norotemifun, ayafi babaloke. The guy might be your competitor but obviously not your friend.

3 Likes

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by BigYash: 1:39pm On Mar 19
guobe:

And why do you think he was not using his yahoo friends to pull in billions to the bank before he finally struck.
Leave that guy.. Before that guy could steal such money and escaped without trace sef. Nobody need tell you say his connections tirt. I am very sure, the connection got him that bank job and they should have large percentage in that money he stole.

2 Likes

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by VIKTO83(m): 1:41pm On Mar 19
Kobojunkie:
Your friend was framed by a manager. Op claims his old school mate was the manager in his story. lipsrsealed

The OP is not well informed because there's no way a 22yr old could be a branch manager. That's exaggeration
Again, even if he's a branch manager, he has zonal manager that he's answerable to.

1 Like

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Beverlyjean(f): 1:41pm On Mar 19
guobe:

Story... yahoo friends pulling billions... or u think these banks don't verify funds ... even if he brings in 10 billion unclean funds ...he still can't get there cos accounts of cooperations are their target not necessarily individuals that have no real means of earnings .... u eeally dont know how the system works ... anyone that depends on yahoo funds to grow in the banking sector is just wasting their time ....
Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by mozona(m): 1:41pm On Mar 19
You said he was intelligent...so he has no choice to put his intelligence in use.
Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by guobe: 1:47pm On Mar 19
BigYash:
Leave that guy.. Before that guy could steal such money and escaped without trace sef. Nobody need tell you say his connections tirt. I am very sure, the connection got him that bank job and they should have large percentage in that money he stole.
Sure.Any where you are with a good connection can make you to rise beyond your imagination in Naija.
A level 10 was once made a permanent secretary by the Governor himself and this was a position meant for level 15 and nobody cough.

1 Like

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by BigYash: 1:54pm On Mar 19
guobe:

Sure.Any where you are with a good connection can make you to rise beyond your imagination in Naija.
A level 10 was once made a permanent secretary by the Governor himself and this was a position meant for level 15 and nobody cough.
I know of a small girl who was made caretaker chairman in a LG ,abi na chair Lady I go call her sef. From NYSC where she dey serve,na em dem go pick her from.. Just have connection as a Nigerian, you won't stress in the country ..

1 Like

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by blingxx(m): 1:55pm On Mar 19
Kingjbase:

So you approve of fraud ?

Who mention fraud now undecided.. The biggest fraudsters I know are the British govt who stole your ancestral lands and treasures

1 Like

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by emmyN(m): 1:57pm On Mar 19
ednut1:
22 years old manager This guy too dey lie

Like I skimmed through the entire first page to see if anyone would call out that BS. People are so easily deceived.

2 Likes

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Kobojunkie: 1:58pm On Mar 19
guobe:
â–  Sure.Any where you are with a good connection can make you to rise beyond your imagination in Naija.
Abegi! That una church-testimony kain gists no be for here. If the process required that that level-10 never be given the position, e no go happen. lipsrsealed
Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Verbtips(m): 2:06pm On Mar 19
You need to be used to it is a normal
thing
no need to be supprise.

bank the bank no make move
abi e take the money shop online ni,
abi my guy don japa,
or change e identity
abi my guy don tear abulegringrin
,mare citizen them go tell am go do nin just in case,as a ceo of a bank at least
90% of your employee details should be with you
(why) trust nobody.
what i know is this scheme has be set long time ago
and he did a clean job.vanishing without a trace means he may come back for......
after he has used the money to trade and make some bunch of profit.
he will then return the capital to the bank,and ask for forgivenessgringrin

DARK WEB
BE WARE
Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by snipernigga(m): 2:07pm On Mar 19
Nigeria happened to him
Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by ednut1(m): 2:20pm On Mar 19
guobe:

Go and find out about geniuses.
You think they count school steps like every other person.
De play.
I worked in a Nigerian bank. There is no 22 years old manager in any of them. Abeg rest

2 Likes

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by thesicilian: 2:26pm On Mar 19
SoNature:

This is FALSE. The manager of a bank has access to all the financial information and money in the branch. He even knows where the vault keys are kept.

Intelligence only comes into play if you are outsider that hacked into a highly secure network.

As for disappearing without trace, that's not a big deal either. He just put his guarantors into a big mess.

In summary, making money the legit way is much harder than making it through a fraudulent means.
But even as a manager with all the keys, you can't just walk into the vault to collect money without being caught. Or transfer millions of naira to your account without being flagged. Getting money out of a bank without being caught is never an easy task.

However I quite agree it's easier to be fraudulent than legit

1 Like

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by guobe: 2:27pm On Mar 19
BigYash:
I know of a small girl who was made caretaker chairman in a LG ,abi na chair Lady I go call her sef. From NYSC where she dey serve,na em dem go pick her from.. Just have connection as a Nigerian, you won't stress in the country ..
Once you are favoured,nobody can stop it.

1 Like

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by SoNature(m): 2:30pm On Mar 19
thesicilian:

But even as a manager with all the keys, you can't just walk into the vault to collect money without being caught. Or transfer millions of naira to your account without being flagged. Getting money out of a bank without being caught is never an easy task.

However I quite agree it's easier to be fraudulent than legit

Who will catch him? Dey play! It seems you don't know what a bank manager means.

He has already been flagged that's why he ran away. Don't argue. It's very easy for bank managers to steal money.

2 Likes

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Munzy14(m): 2:32pm On Mar 19
guobe:
I went to a highly competitive secondary school back in the days.

This private school had alot of intelligent young boys and girls and there was this boy name withheld that was always coming out top in class.

There was this other girl giving him a chase for who comes out top in the class too as they were both extremely intelligent and to me I will say they were geniuses as they were so so good.

Me I wasn't doing too badly too but that guy was in another class of his own.
He was cool ,gentle and focused and I knew the future was going to be very bright for him academically.

I met him one day and asked him how he does his thing that makes him academically sound and he laughed and told me that during the holidays,he makes sure he reads ahead what will be thought in the next session and when session starts he just goes to class and assimilate what the teacher is teaching.

To cut the long story short,this guy finished his university in flying colours reading Biochemistry and got a job in the banking sector.

At just 22 years of age, he was already a manager in one of the branches of the bank and was doing very well.

The next thing I heard was that he has defrauded the bank of more than 500 million naira and has gone missing without a trace.
Till this day he has not been seen with no trace.

I still wonder what might have happened to this intelligent young man that made him to defraud a bank at such a young age and soil his name for life just because of money.

This is someone with such intelligence can create a money spinning software that can become a global brand.
It still baffles me till this day.

Some of our friends that attended that secondary school told me he was running deals with some yahoo guys that also attended the school and those guys might have influenced him.

Moral of the story is that people can change their character within a twinkle of an eye.
Likely he has been found and erased by higher powers and stolen funds relooted...This is Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Kobojunkie: 2:35pm On Mar 19
guobe:

That na churcian language for fraud. I recall the Minister of Aviation back during the Yar adu/Jonathan era, whose connection was through RCCG channel equally claimed it was God that favored him. Bette Edu also made the same claim. Favored frauds! lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by BigYash: 2:37pm On Mar 19
guobe:

Fact
Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Kobojunkie: 2:39pm On Mar 19
BigYash:
Fact
Indeed... favored like Bette Edu and other government agents who were catapulted via their church connections yet turned out to be no less vicious and corrupt, right? lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by guobe: 2:39pm On Mar 19
Kobojunkie:
That na churcian language for fraud. I recall the Minister of Aviation back during the Yar adu/Jonathan era, whose connection was through RCCG channel equally claimed it was God that favored him. Bette Edu also made the same claim. Favored frauds! lipsrsealed
Lol
Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by BigYash: 2:46pm On Mar 19
Kobojunkie:
Indeed... favored like Bette Edu and others government agents who were applied via church connections yet turned out to be no less vicious and corrupt, right? lipsrsealed
Anybody can be favored and given that opportunity.. So you choose what you're gonna do with the opportunity. Not everybody who works in government are like Bette ,there are some good personalities there too.. That opportunity would have earned her a better platform for bigger positions in future, but the caro white ambassador decided to be stupid..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities / JAMB Best Candidate, Kamsiyochukwu Umeh, Arise TV Interview (Video, Photos) / Gej's Alamajiri Model Schools - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.