Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank (28747 Views)

My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt / Did You Do This In Your Secondary School Days? / How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by teebillz: 12:25pm On Mar 19
guobe:

He was a genius. Till this day he has not been found .

So he forfeited his liberty, friends and family because of 500m? The amount could even be less if he had partners. His intelligence failed him.

4 Likes

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by 3kay945(m): 12:25pm On Mar 19
Well, two guys that were geniuses during my secondary set had japa... their names just popped up in my head one day so I decided to lookup and I wasn't surprised seeing them in white men countries.
Wisdom and Uchenna... omo their head dey hot! cool

1 Like

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Kobicove(m): 12:26pm On Mar 19
guobe:
I went to a highly competitive secondary school back in the days.

This private school had alot of intelligent young boys and girls and there was this boy name withheld that was always coming out top in class.

There was this other girl giving him a chase for who comes out top in the class too as they were both extremely intelligent and to me I will say they were geniuses as they were so so good.

Me I wasn't doing too badly too but that guy was in another class of his own.
He was cool ,gentle and focused and I knew the future was going to be very bright for him academically.

I met him one day and asked him how he does his thing that makes him academically sound and he laughed and told me that during the holidays,he makes sure he reads ahead what will be thought in the next session and when session starts he just goes to class and assimilate what the teacher is teaching.

To cut the long story short,this guy finished his university in flying colours reading Biochemistry and got a job in the banking sector.

At just 22 years of age, he was already a manager in one of the branches of the bank and was doing very well.

The next thing I heard was that he has defrauded the bank of more than 500 million naira and has gone missing without a trace.
Till this day he has not been seen with no trace.

I still wonder what might have happened to this intelligent young man that made him to defraud a bank at such a young age and soil his name for life just because of money.

This is someone with such intelligence can create a money spinning software that can become a global brand.
It still baffles me till this day.

Some of our friends that attended that secondary school told me he was running deals with some yahoo guys that also attended the school and those guys might have influenced him.

Moral of the story is that people can change their character within a twinkle of an eye.

You added some salt and sugar to this your story...there is no bank anywhere that would make a 22 year old a manager

If you say Team Lead I can accept but certainly not a full fledged manager at 22 years even if he had first level first class from the university!

4 Likes

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Thanos5555: 12:26pm On Mar 19
Kobojunkie:
Finally! grin

They will never allow 22 years to be a manager, he can be assistant bank manager. No matter if he finished at 16 years, it too fast, but as assistant bank manager you can have privileges and access to what the manager has

You can be an assistant manager at 22 or 21 in a bank, once you were recruited through the right managerial channel
Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Goalnaldo(m): 12:28pm On Mar 19
Exceed15:
Intelligence took him to high places but lack of character brought him down.
brought him down as how? Nigga could be in Zanzibar or Santorini living his dream life
Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Thanos5555: 12:28pm On Mar 19
teebillz:

So he forfeited his liberty, friends and family because of 500m? The amount could even be less if he had partners. His intelligence failed him.

Nah am not sure , after hiding g for 7 years or 5, he can move to another African country and start a freash, as a wealthy man
Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by TheRealestGuy(m): 12:30pm On Mar 19
Kobojunkie:
Now you are dead on spinning more ridiculous tales. lipsrsealed

You have been noticed smiley

2 Likes

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Kobojunkie: 12:32pm On Mar 19
Thanos5555:
They will never allow 22 years to be a manager, he can be assistant bank manager. No matter if he finished at 16 years, it too fast, but as assistant bank manager you can have privileges and access to what the manager has
You can be an assistant manager at 22 or 21 in a bank, once you were recruited through the right managerial channel
A 22-year-old assistant bank manager makes no sense either. I think in order to explain how the boy was supposedly able to get access to 500,000,000, the story teller/spinner decided he had to be put in a bank manager role. But in a country like Nigeria, where even corruption and deceit is bribery is pretty much the order of the day, it makes no sense. We are talking of the same Nigeria many of us grew up in. undecided
Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by zebszebs: 12:34pm On Mar 19
Another tale of something that never happened.

"22-year-old, manager in a bank."

Which bank?

Kuda, GTB or LAPO microfinance bank?

Keeping spinning yarns and telling tall tales.

5 Likes

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Offpoint1: 12:36pm On Mar 19
Bank manager at 22? Lol you must think everyone is daft.

There are years of experience one needs to attain regardless of your intelligence to be made a bank manager.

Which bank is stupid enough to make a 22 years kid a manager? Na him papa get dey bank?

2 Likes

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Jman06(m): 12:37pm On Mar 19
Thanos5555:

Same thing am saying, am not calling for choas or encouraging fraud, the commenter here are busy accusing him of a bad reputation and so.

And yet they praise the wealthy, who got thier wealth by doing worse, killing, maiming , impersonating . And so on....

I think the blindness is clear
Don't mind them!

In Nigeria, people are too hypocritical. Nigeria has not been working since Independence because of corruption in high and low places! Politicians, civil servants, business men are all involved!

Go to Abuja and other parts of Nigeria and you'll see people whose only jobs all their lives had been working as civil servants, yet they own estates everywhere! Those are the people who have stolen funds meant for development of Nigeria through the years! Yet, when you sit down to talk to them, they'll be the first to talk about INTEGRITY! I have met many of them and they annoy me whenever I hear them talk about INTEGRITY.

I like people being open with their lives, if you're a bad guy, come to me as a bad guy( I'll still relate with you) and if you have integrity, then talk to me about integrity so I can place you rightly where you belong and know how to relate with you.

That way, we can be able to correctly choose people with integrity to entrust the future of our unborn generations into their hands.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Anatolia: 12:37pm On Mar 19
The intelligence of Nigerians is to defraud people. We hardly ever use our intelligence to help others who are weak.
Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by dododawa1: 12:37pm On Mar 19
Na their type dey

Join cult

And

Do

Bad bad bad bad things.

Fear d gentle and OVER brilliant ones(full yahoo yahoo now)

1 Like

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by OJojossy10: 12:39pm On Mar 19
At just 22 years of age, he was already a manager in one of the branches of the bank and was doing very well.

Are we safe to say that this friend of yours started his university Education at the age of 12, graduated at the age of 16, served at the age of 17, got employed by the bank at the age of 18, and became a manager at the age of 22?

Isn't this Solomon Grundy kind of life cycle?

2 Likes

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Dennisochampa: 12:40pm On Mar 19
He's a thief and I hope he's caught and brought to book because na people sweat e thief..... If e really intelligent, he should have created an invention that can ease the lives and sufferings of Nigerians not to steal from them!!
Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by olasunkanmi338: 12:41pm On Mar 19
guobe:

He was a genius. Till this day he has not been found .
Do you think our undercover agents didn't really know his weherebout,asides for compromising we have one of the best intelligent anti-fraud agency in Africa, when the issue of unravel fraudulent matter.
Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by SoNature(m): 12:41pm On Mar 19
thesicilian:
It takes a certain level of intelligence to defraud a bank. And even higher IQ to disappear without a trace.

This is FALSE. The manager of a bank has access to all the financial information and money in the branch. He even knows where the vault keys are kept.

Intelligence only comes into play if you are an outsider that hacked into a highly secure network.

As for disappearing without trace, that's not a big deal either. He just put his guarantors into a big mess.

In summary, making money the legit way is much harder than making it through a fraudulent means.

4 Likes

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Anunakeeh: 12:41pm On Mar 19
Jman06:
Tell me a wealthy man/woman in Nigeria who can place his/her hand on his money and swear with his life that he made his money legitimately!

Only those making money with natural talents like footballers, musicians and other artists are legit in this country! #Fact

I'm not encouraging anybody to make money fraudulently though, but the truth is that the majority of Nigerian wealthy people ain't legit and same are the ones who first talk about INTEGRITY when talking to poor people.

Legit Succesful People in Nigeria➡

Footballers
Musicians
Overseas Hustlers

Some of the three above are into shady business as well.

Full Time Fraudsters In Nigeria➡

Government
The Security Agencies
Civil Servants
Religion Apologists
Business Men & Women

Lastly All of them including the legitimate are all diabolical in one way or the other.

5 Likes

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by adonuj(f): 12:42pm On Mar 19
22 year old bank manager?
Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Anunakeeh: 12:44pm On Mar 19
OJojossy10:

Are we safe to say that this friend of yours started his university Education at the age of 12, graduated at the age of 16, served at the age of 17, got employed by the bank at the age of 18, and became a manager at the age of 22?

Isn't this Solomon Grundy kind of life cycle?

grin grin grin
Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Chi111(m): 12:45pm On Mar 19
One thing is certain.... many of us have a big dreams but how to actualize it has been the case. Govt non siblings can’t help out and an average man that has a burning desire will be looking for opportunities and if any comes “OTILO” to be sincere most people want to be independent.
Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Honestey: 12:48pm On Mar 19
If a Nigerian is so intelligent then there is a cause for concern

1 Like

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by teebillz: 12:49pm On Mar 19
Thanos5555:

Nah am not sure , after hiding g for 7 years or 5, he can move to another African country and start a freash, as a wealthy man

What about his family? What family events and celebrations? What if I looses a love one, won't he pay final respect?
Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by guobe: 12:54pm On Mar 19
ednut1:
22 years old manager This guy too dey lie
Go and find out about geniuses.
You think they count school steps like every other person.
De play.
Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by ggood: 12:56pm On Mar 19
Poster a boy of 22 can never manage a bank , he has to start somewhere
Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Kobojunkie: 1:00pm On Mar 19
guobe:
■ Go and find out about geniuses. You think they count school steps like every other person. De play.
Abegi! Being book smart does not necessarily make one a genius. Also, geniuses aren't handed roles that easily, not even in the world that is Nigeria. Unless he built his very own bank before that age and made himself a bank manager, what you describe is next to unheard of. undecided

1 Like

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by juliuscaesar(m): 1:01pm On Mar 19
I don't know if you made a typo, but the is no bank in Nigeria that will make a 22 year old a branch manager. It takes years to build a customer base, customer relations, bank ops, etc.

Yes, he could be very intelligent et al, but the most they will give him, if he is extremely talented is to head a department.

At what age did you guys finish University? How long did he work in the banking sector to become a branch manager at 22?

2 Likes

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Sensiblerealist: 1:04pm On Mar 19
Nice write up. But he did cause harm to others sha. People's funds make a bank or their insurer. Somehow somehow, e don cause am

shortgun:

Laws are global practices that mirror themselves with little or no modification in each country/state.Most laws in the constitution of Nigeria are copied word for word with laws in the constitution of the British. There are alot of evils that are legal but are not moral just as there are moral deeds that are not legal.
True freedom is achieved only by fulfilling one's conviction through finding ways around the law without causing harm to others...just as your friend has done.
Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by guobe: 1:07pm On Mar 19
juliuscaesar:
I don't know if you made a typo, but the is no bank in Nigeria that will make a 22 year old a branch manager. It takes years to build a customer base, customer relations, bank ops, etc.

Yes, he could be very intelligent et al, but the most they will give him, if he is extremely talented is to head a department.

At what age did you guys finish University? How long did he work in the banking sector to become a branch manager at 22?
I don't want to mention his name but he was managing the bank.
To have access to that kind of fund can't be done by a mere staff.
This scenario happened years ago and all our colleagues knew him.
Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Devaro: 1:13pm On Mar 19
Nigeria
Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Pootle: 1:16pm On Mar 19
thesicilian:
It takes a certain level of intelligence to defraud a bank. And even higher IQ to disappear without a trace.

the guy will be in Puerto Rico hitting some hot neat kpekus

1 Like

Re: How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank by Beverlyjean(f): 1:17pm On Mar 19
22yrs as branch manager...that's an undiluted lie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History + Beliefs [MUST SEE] / How 137 Kidnapped Kuriga Students Were Rescued In Zamfara - Defence HQs / Video Of DSS Operatives Beating Teachers In Calabar Emerges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.