Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,804 members, 7,827,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director (50947 Views)

Zenith Bank Names Adaora Umeoji As New GMD/CEO / Zenith Bank Re-Appoints Dame Adaora Umeoji As Deputy Managing Director / Adaora Umeoji Emerges Anambra Woman Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by tshtsh: 6:19pm On Mar 20
LyfeJennings:

Kilode
U wan kill me
2001 till now farrrr die
It was just about 3years ago
I came into the system as ABO in 2019
Spent three years on it
But I switched to investment banking
I didn't start my banking career till about 2014
I'm not saying you would have moved from BO to Manager in 23 years (2001 - 2024) lol. I meant in 18 months. You still made a good move. Banking in Nigeria today is not sound professionally for the staff and is not likely to change anytime soon because the banks are making money and planting there people in government. Zenith bank ex GM is now the VP. A zenith bank ex-GM is not the MD of either NIPC or NEPC. Ex Zenith DGM is now the MD of NPA. An ex zenith MD was CBN gov till 2023. An ex Zenith GM is also serving as minister of trade or so. At the state level they are also there. Mind you these are people that worked with Jim Ovia directly when he was GMD/CEO. Current breed of MDs are not match
Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by LyfeJennings(m): 6:41pm On Mar 20
tshtsh:

I'm not saying you would have moved from BO to Manager in 23 years (2001 - 2024) lol. I meant in 18 months. You still made a good move. Banking in Nigeria today is not sound professionally for the staff and is not likely to change anytime soon because the banks are making money and planting there people in government. Zenith bank ex GM is now the VP. A zenith bank ex-GM is not the MD of either NIPC or NEPC. Ex Zenith DGM is now the MD of NPA. An ex zenith MD was CBN gov till 2023. An ex Zenith GM is also serving as minister of trade or so. At the state level they are also there. Mind you these are people that worked with Jim Ovia directly when he was GMD/CEO. Current breed of MDs are not match

It's almost impossible to make such move in 18months o.
I am an AM/DM in investment banking space and I changed work thrice in the last one and half years. Potential employers were raising eyebrow that I moved around too quickly.
Seems U a banker also?
Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by YoshihideSuga: 7:08pm On Mar 20
LyfeJennings:

U don't get it
Zenith Bank is not a deposit bank
They do not have deposit target
It is more of a transactional bank
No HNI or Institution will ever deposit money with Zenith Bank based on rate
Yes, the government will do so only based on rs did she spend on each grade from ET to rise to GMD
She's smart, no doubt but she's a high level player in the system

Sorry for inserting myself into the discussion, but which bank would you recommend to a foreign company to open have a corporate account with? This foreign company is based in the developed world and would engage in lots of exports and imports from Nigeria to the various parts of the world.
Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by LyfeJennings(m): 8:41pm On Mar 20
YoshihideSuga:

Sorry for inserting myself into the discussion, but which bank would you recommend to a foreign company to open have a corporate account with? This foreign company is based in the developed world and would engage in lots of exports and imports from Nigeria to the various parts of the world.

U can do FCMB, First Bank or Zenith
For importation
Form M, Form A and all of that
FBN & Zenith is very good
They have good international credit line for importation
FCMB is also very good for export
Depending on ur preference
But the company should have their directors reside in Nigeria or Nigerian citizens for proper documentation
Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by YoshihideSuga: 8:50pm On Mar 20
LyfeJennings:

U can do FCMB, First Bank or Zenith
For importation
Form M, Form A and all of that
FBN & Zenith is very good
They have good international credit line for importation
FCMB is also very good for export
Depending on ur preference
But the company should have their directors reside in Nigeria or Nigerian citizens for proper documentation

Thank you for your response. I was leaning towards UBA or Zenith or Fidelity. Omitted Access for personal reasons. With this, I might choose First Bank even though I never had it in my mind. In business, logic before emotions.

You didn't mention StanbicIBTC or Standard Chartered.
Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by tshtsh: 9:41pm On Mar 20
LyfeJennings:

It's almost impossible to make such move in 18months o.
I am an AM/DM in investment banking space and I changed work thrice in the last one and half years. Potential employers were raising eyebrow that I moved around too quickly.
Seems U a banker also?
Lol. Not really. I was a software developer in the bank. The stress was just too much coming from human factors. Marketing constantly attacking and condemning members of the dev team, unprofessional practices and all. 80% - 90% of the dev team members I worked with quit the banking space. One even got a job in sierra leone that paid her $4,000 a month while the bank was still paying her 200k plus. Small experience (barely 1 year) I got in the E-payment system unit paved way for a dollar paying gig. Some moved to nairobi, kigali and were all earning 4 or 5 times their bank pay. After covid (2021 upwards) European and US companies began to hire developers from Africa in large numbers and most of us moved again ( I was in Johannesburg then). Got a software gig in Toronto and moved again.
Our bosses at the bank who were so used to the system to spending multiple years on one level and playing politics (praising the bosses) became bitter that people they trained are now earning much more than them. Those banks are actually destroying young people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by LyfeJennings(m): 10:23pm On Mar 20
YoshihideSuga:

Thank you for your response. I was leaning towards UBA or Zenith or Fidelity. Omitted Access for personal reasons. With this, I might choose First Bank even though I never had it in my mind. In business, logic before emotions.

You didn't mention StanbicIBTC or Standard Chartered.

Stanbic IBTC is a very good bank but their wahala plenty gannnnnnnn. They will use documentation to finish you. Don't do UBA, that's another problematic bank.
Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by LyfeJennings(m): 10:26pm On Mar 20
tshtsh:

Lol. Not really. I was a software developer in the bank. The stress was just too much coming from human factors. Marketing constantly attacking and condemning members of the dev team, unprofessional practices and all. 80% - 90% of the dev team members I worked with quit the banking space. One even got a job in sierra leone that paid her $4,000 a month while the bank was still paying her 200k plus. Small experience (barely 1 year) I got in the E-payment system unit paved way for a dollar paying gig. Some moved to nairobi, kigali and were all earning 4 or 5 times their bank pay. After covid (2021 upwards) European and US companies began to hire developers from Africa in large numbers and most of us moved again ( I was in Johannesburg then). Got a software gig in Toronto and moved again.
Our bosses at the bank who were so used to the system to spending multiple years on one level and playing politics (praising the bosses) became bitter that people they trained are now earning much more than them. Those banks are actually destroying young people.

I envy U o
That's the difference between us. I'm a pure finance person. My strong hold is deposit mobilization in all sphere, given the right tools and space to work with. I have a 12 year experience in that regard also with very strong records in my previous organizations, do U think the international space can recruit my likes. I'm also willing to move and travel as often if given the opportunity. Thank U
Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by YoshihideSuga: 10:55pm On Mar 20
tshtsh:

Lol. earning 4 or 5 times their bank pay. After covid (2021 upwards) European and US companies began to hire developers from Africa in large numbers and most of us moved again ( I was in Johannesburg then). Got a software gig in Toronto and moved again.

No wonder the CEOs started lamenting and even discouraging young talents from relocating. Like the CEO of GT Bank.

Nigerian elites no be am.
Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by tshtsh: 11:18pm On Mar 20
LyfeJennings:

I envy U o
That's the difference between us. I'm a pure finance person. My strong hold is deposit mobilization in all sphere, given the right tools and space to work with. I have a 12 year experience in that regard also with very strong records in my previous organizations, do U think the international space can recruit my likes. I'm also willing to move and travel as often if given the opportunity. Thank U
The opportunity will always be there if you can align your skills to what is obtainable where you want to go to. In US/Canada for instance cash is a liability hence bankers do everything possible to extend good credit. In Nigeria its the other way round (mobilize deposits/restrict credit). In addition, marketing in these developed countries are data driven. As of when I left the bank I was working at, there was not BI team or system on ground. Hence I don't even know how these deposits are mobilized with leads. Hence learning the systems is also a good way to start and begin to streamline.

In the bank then software applications were constantly modified to suit the needs of big companies in a very unprofessional manner. Even when you ask for time to figure out the implications of a change, the marketers will escalate up to the line director who will overrule the head of technology. As a result systems were always failing, work stretched into the night on an almost daily basis, saturday + sunday work was normal and everyone was tired. To be able to get this jobs we all had to do a lot of learning outside to complement our day to day work.They use to say once you became an AGM you were made. Before there very eyes a DGM in IT resigned.
To get a car loan one needed to have worked at least 10 years except if they joined the bank at a senior grade. Imagine a car loan of less than 2M after working 10 years lol .
Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by tshtsh: 11:23pm On Mar 20
YoshihideSuga:

No wonder the CEOs started lamenting and even discouraging young talents from relocating. Like the CEO of GT Bank.

Nigerian elites no be am.
The elite don't care about the people but the people also love their oppressors. They suck up to the elite for crumbs.
Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by tishbite43: 6:34am On Mar 21
Evercurious:
This is what you call a standard CV. Now compare this to the new Access bank own. I mean the lady ,then you LL know that she isn't even up to the standard
It is the same thing
Basic first degree
The others na shalaye
Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by samwillyco1(m): 6:49am On Mar 21
TheClassAct:

She is married with children.

Thanks for the information
Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by Evercurious(f): 10:57am On Mar 21
tishbite43:

It is the same thing
Basic first degree
The others na shalaye

Not at all
Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by FortPay: 11:04am On Mar 21
Trade with confidence. FortPay's escrow service ensures secure transactions for buyers and sellers alike. #FortPay

Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by folake4u(f): 12:24pm On Mar 21
RecentHistory:

She no get husband. She has given her all to that bank.

Her all.

She is married with children.
Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by bionixs: 7:35pm On Mar 21
DONFRANSKID:

Sociopath
dunderhead
Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by DONFRANSKID(m): 7:52pm On Mar 22
bionixs:
dunderhead
Faggôt
Re: Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director by Obierika(m): 4:11pm On Mar 27
lastkingsman:

You too should shut your trap and stop spewing rubbish on public platform.

You say you have been in corporate experience for 12 years but you talk like a motor park tout.

The most important criteria in holding a CEO position is the ability to prove from track record that you can hold and manage shareholders' trust. She has proven it from decades of experience and learning.

So stop talking trash by insinuating she got the position by "warming the bed of influential people" without evidence. If you can drop your full profile, I can initiate a defamation of character suit on behalf of Ada so you can prove full evidence to your assertions in court of competent jurisdiction.

You go just open mouth Waaaaah dey talk rubbish. Anu mpa ma!

Don't mind that guy that talks like a bus conductor, only 12 years experience and he's making noise as if he has seen it all

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Godwin Ezeemo: The Anambra Billionaire In A Hurry To Develop His Village & State / Man Laments About The Tiny Hotel He Got For ₦12,0000 (Photos And Video) / Naira Exchange Rates Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.