Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) (49594 Views)

Subsea Cable: Services Successfully Restored – MTN / ‘2Africa’ Subsea Cable In Lagos By Bayobab & MTN / Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) by Judolisco(m): 11:53am On Mar 20
Angelfrost:
Small yansh wan dey shake...!

Beyond major cities in Lagos and Abuja, where is Glo doing massively well?!!

Glo that is shockingly slow... Such slow internet that it will literally take you 2 days to download Aquaman 2! undecided
which Abuja? Glo wey dey dissappear... Like dem go off their network... U won't be able to call sef.... Their data and bonus good Sha... Very good

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) by Angelfrost(m): 11:53am On Mar 20
Watianoengineer:
Glo remains the best Nigeria. Their berekete bonus is massive and their airtime bonus calls all networks. I have been using Glo for 20years and I have no regrets.

Where in Nigeria?!! What level of coverage?!!

Uromi
Biu
Zaria
Umunede
Igarra
Oghara
Okene
Aluu
Aba
Mbaise
Ihiala
Agenebode
Daura
Funtua
Etc

How is Glo doing in the above places compared to MTN?!!

Let's quit lying to ourselves, and promoting mediocrity in the name of made in Nigeria!

Over 2 decades, yet still lagging far behind MTN in terms of National coverage and connectivity/Internet services. That's a shame!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) by geezville86: 11:54am On Mar 20
Haha…I remember the time MTN used to sell sim cards for N30,000 and bill per minute, with a minimum recharge card value of N1,500… Glo came to disrupt all that nonsense

Liberté, Egalité, Fratanité
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) by qtx(m): 11:54am On Mar 20
wunmi590:
Good morning N'Landers,

While there was network issues with the subsea cables, this is how Glo subtly shaded MTN...

Let grow our own, and see how Nigeria will grow
My brother, it's not about billboards. Give us a good service, and we will file out for you. Don't let us use tribal sentiments and suffer poor service. Do a good job, irrespective of your country of origin, and you will see customers looking for you. That is business.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) by kaywhy09(m): 11:56am On Mar 20
Even in their🟡 down time, that green 🍏 network still fkup
Re: Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) by Jackson105: 11:57am On Mar 20
Beremx:
Glo is the worst network provider in Nigeria. Their shades will not make me dump my MTN line for them.

Ndi ara

Keep fooling yourself.

It depends on your area, where i am currently,Glo is at least 3 times faster and better than MTN

1 Like

Re: Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) by aylipple: 11:59am On Mar 20
Whoever approved this ad should be flogged.

"When the world needed them....?" the fact Glo admitted their competitors were "needed" & had the "world" in their palm is an admission of defeat.

No one craves/has a need for something if it isn't good. The fact their brief absence had a "worldwide" effect speaks volumes about how important these competitors are.

"They broke your trust, they shouldn't be trusted again.... Your trust is safe with us, it can never be broken". And such other copy ads would've sufficed but hey, Glo most likely has some of the best copywriters on the continent/in the world at their beck and call.

Abi, wetin una think?

Meanwhile, Glo is trash! When real network providers are talking, that network should be outside manning the doors from intruders.

3 Likes

Re: Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) by Angelfrost(m): 11:59am On Mar 20
Judolisco:
which Abuja? Glo wey dey dissappear... Like dem go off their network... U won't be able to call sef.... Their data and bonus good Sha... Very good

What's the point in being good (you mean cheap) if it's wasted and unreliable?!!

If Glo is the only network anyone uses, then he or she will never be able to function outside Lagos and major cities.

4 Likes

Re: Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) by EreluRoz: 12:01pm On Mar 20
Funny
Re: Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) by Angelfrost(m): 12:01pm On Mar 20
Jackson105:

Keep fooling yourself.

It depends on your area, where i am currently,Glo is at least 3 times faster and better than MTN

Where you are?!

Are you in all the 36 states of Nigeria?!!

I have visited, lived, and worked in over 10 Nigerian states, and can tell you unequivocally that Glo is a JOKE!!!

They don't have a quarter of the spread, strength and quality of Internet services MTN has.

5 Likes

Re: Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) by Treasure17(m): 12:01pm On Mar 20
habiham:
Childish advertisement.... it's normal to happen anywhere in the world...
Nothing childish. It's marketing.

1 Like

Re: Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) by wonyi: 12:02pm On Mar 20
Watianoengineer:
Glo remains the best Nigeria. Their berekete bonus is massive and their airtime bonus calls all networks. I have been using Glo for 20years and I have no regrets.

Glo network is not in my location

2 Likes

Re: Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) by faceland: 12:02pm On Mar 20
The problem is that Airtel was exceptional and they just fell below their own standards.

If this persist, I would consider getting a Glo for day time (already have Glo for night browsing).

1 Like

Re: Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) by Maximiliannnn: 12:02pm On Mar 20
I don't care
Re: Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) by michaellovaldo(m): 12:03pm On Mar 20
This is actually not a real billboard but a mockup

It's part of a daily marketing design challenge by a fellow graphic designer on twitter

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) by tuzle(m): 12:03pm On Mar 20
Beremx:
Glo is the worst network provider in Nigeria. Their shades will not make me dump my MTN line for them.

Ndi ara
I disagree, I would have agreed with u like 3years back but surprisingly their network has improved. If u think their network is the worst in Nigeria then u haven't used Etisalat. There are even places in Nigeria where glo is far better than every other network and there are places where their network is a no no but they are not the worst.

2 Likes

Re: Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) by jericco1(m): 12:04pm On Mar 20
Glo that should have used this opportunity to steal some markets but they could not because of poor network.

3 Likes

Re: Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) by faceland: 12:06pm On Mar 20
Angelfrost:

Where you are?!

Are you in all the 36 states of Nigeria?!!

I have visited, lived, and worked in over 10 Nigerian states, and can tell you unequivocally that Glo is a JOKE!!!

They don't have a quarter of the spread, strength and quality of Internet services MTN has.

Glo is not reliable during the day.

I use it for night browsing (it is faster in the night)and some nights, they don't even show up (since it takes 5 days to expire, I wouldn't get upset).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) by Dpaulie(m): 12:06pm On Mar 20
Naira bet did more than this to Bet9ja when Bet9ja server was hacked; where's nairabet today... don't see joy in other people's predicaments

2 Likes

Re: Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) by ndukwejoe(m): 12:08pm On Mar 20
good one ,i am enjoying glo, especially their berekete bonus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) by Magnetic010: 12:09pm On Mar 20
Glo needs steroids to be even as good as MTN with damaged undersea cables

3 Likes

Re: Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) by Inobeyourmate: 12:09pm On Mar 20
Lol, yeye Dey smell, glo of all networks? E gbami, glo wey still dey enter voicemail for 21st century. Nah them worst pass among all the network providers for Naija, I would rather not use any network than to use glo. Those of you shouting let’s promote our own, you fit pray make God Dey run the affairs of your life the way glo Dey run their network 😏😏😏

3 Likes

Re: Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) by ottersberger(m): 12:09pm On Mar 20
habiham:
Childish advertisement.... it's normal to happen anywhere in the world...

Which world?.

Why do people sit their butt in their Nigeria slums and yell "the world" all the time. It's like defending nonsense has become a national past time.

The incident claimed can happen. But it's effect on Nigeria's telecommunication ecosystem is a classic case of "management", as is often the case in Nigeria. Have you heard the concept, redundancy, before?.

Under sea cable should not be the only strategy for a balanced network infrastructure management. Satellite should at the least, be a part of the infrastructural mix, as a backup.

Anyways, This is Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) by sylve11: 12:09pm On Mar 20
wunmi590:
Good morning N'Landers,

While there was network issues with the subsea cables, this is how Glo subtly shaded MTN...

Have you had a telephone conversation with Glo customer care before?

I won't tell you lies, the way we treat our own we determine how far you want us to grow our own.

There's a time I had issues with my Glo line. I called their CC service and I was told the system they would have used to check the problem was down; that I should call back later.

I had to assume I wasn't lucky on that day called in.

The next two days, I traveled to town so I could get it resolved in their office.

The cc there told me that my line needs to be swapped. I nor talk. She went further to say I will need to buy airtime of 2500 from them before they'll do the swapping.

I asked her why. She said it's compulsory. If you see how I take vex. I told her that I won't buy the airtime and they must fix my line for me. After much trouble, they swapped it for me.

I had similar issue with my MTN but I wasn't stressed a bit.

The cc i spoke with on phone was very friendly and willing to help and I was helped with just that single call.

I hope you see why people dey vex for some indigenous companies. It's not as if Glo has a better network service than MTN or Airtel, yet Glo will punish you like NNPC and NPDC. Meanwhile, SPDC does it better than NPDC and NNPC in terms of organizing things. grin cool

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) by NuhuAjang71(m): 12:10pm On Mar 20
Glo is not as smooth as MTN, Airtel when you talk of browsing in Jos.

4 Likes

Re: Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) by Angelfrost(m): 12:10pm On Mar 20
faceland:

Glo is not reliable during the day.

I use it for night browsing (it is faster in the night)and some nights, they don't even show up (since it takes 5 days to expire, I wouldn't get upset).

Boss, it probably is in your location (Abuja or Lagos)... But, I'm talking about national spread and coverage.

Millions of working Nigerians don't live in major cities like Lagos.

If not for MTN, can you begin to imagine what their lives would have been like?!!

Do you even know how much they suffered the last couple of days MTN went down?!

Glo has been sleeping for 2 decades... They can and should be better than this.

If they invested more money into improving their services across the country rather than endorsement deals with celebrities and dumb ads like the one above, they would have brought MTN to its knees.

If Dangote could sweep up the Cement and food market, what stopped or stops Glo from owning and bossing the Telecom market in Nigeria?!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) by bobbybrown007: 12:11pm On Mar 20
Glo is good but it's not all part of Nigeria that their Network is strong.

1 Like

Re: Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) by anonimi: 12:11pm On Mar 20
Watianoengineer:

Na so o.

We thank God for the capitalist privatisation and deregulation by PDP back then. Otherwise we would still be queuing to use NITEL jékurédi insufficient lines.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) by Worksunlimited: 12:12pm On Mar 20
wunmi590:
Good morning N'Landers,

You will always be there to give us snail like Internet speed
Re: Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) by bentenny(m): 12:12pm On Mar 20
wunmi590:
Good morning N'Landers,

There is no question about growing our own but that's not an excuse or reason for glo to become substandard!

Anyone who has used glo network will testify that they always have network issues and Internet browsing has been a horrifying experience!
I did a 4gb glo sub and I could not even use up to 500mb in a month before it expired because it was extremely slow!

You can take your bath while downloading a 20mb file using a glo 4g network and still come back to see 50% download!
Re: Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) by sylve11: 12:14pm On Mar 20
tuzle:
I disagree, I would have agreed with u like 3years back but surprisingly their network has improved. If u think their network is the worst in Nigeria then u haven't used Etisalat. There are even places in Nigeria where glo is far better than every other network and there are places where their network is a no no but they are not the worst.

If you travel a lot you won't disagree with anyone who's telling you that Glo is the worst amongst the rest network service providers. cool

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Switched From Android To Iphone For Two Months. Here's What I Learned / Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? / XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.