Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,542 members, 7,823,374 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market (27321 Views)

Naira Appreciates To N756.61/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window / Dollar Sells For N445 As Forex Scarcity Persists / Dollar Sells For N420, Naira Crashes In Value (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by Validated: 5:45pm On Mar 20
Paraman:
Wicked Mallams grin

I'm in support of this their buying and selling method. A dollar will be sold for #3000 by the end of march gang in the mud.
Thinking with one's Anus.

1 Like

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by SkyFi: 5:47pm On Mar 20
Maximise your Holdings, Swap Your USDT to BTC and benefit from the ongoing bull run heading to 80k per BTC

1 Like

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by MrPOTUS: 5:48pm On Mar 20
predictor1:
#700 yes, but #260? Maybe you should go back to earning the same amount you earned before buhari came 9 years ago.

Slavery mentality undecided

Why can't it go lower than ₦260?

SA's rand is close to a dollar, those it mean that their individual earnings hasn't improved for 9years, according to your dumb narrative?

You Nigerians don't have brains to think, always cherish your chains and defend your oppressors. And fight those trying to free you from oppression.

Y'all deserve the useless leaders you get. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by Snowx: 5:54pm On Mar 20
...and the price of foodstuff remains high, how can we explain that
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by KayB: 5:55pm On Mar 20
Bye Bye to yẹyẹ people,pessimists are now offering conditions! Shame to bad people .
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:55pm On Mar 20
BigBashiru:

Well said. Naira can't strength against other currencies unless Nigeria starts production and export drive and reduce love for foreign products.

Not much changed fundamentally
It is doing 1000 press ups and gathering momentum and muscle to fly.

It has just done the 150th push up.
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by busomma: 5:57pm On Mar 20
Don't be carried away by the news. The fact is that Nigeria don't hv enough foreign reserves to defend the naira.

1 Like

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by ElSudani: 6:04pm On Mar 20
Naira is getting stronger and the same folks who cried when it was getting weaker are still crying.
They will still probably cry if it becomes one naira to one dollar.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by SenatePresdo(m): 6:11pm On Mar 20
Paraman:
Wicked Mallams grin

I'm in support of this their buying and selling method. A dollar will be sold for #3000 by the end of march gang in the mud.

Wait until the 12b$ that was injected to deplete.
Its just a temporal solution, before the second half of the year, dollar would sell for 2k, provided our currency stays afloat.
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by Raylight2(m): 6:11pm On Mar 20
Astra101:

How did they pegged something that is being floated? Do you understand what you are saying
you're not up-to-date. Go read past news. The abokis won't sell lesser than how CBN gives them. I'm not supposed to tell you this since you seem to know everything.

1 Like

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by Paraman: 6:12pm On Mar 20
SenatePresdo:

$12b from where? Where did you get this information from?
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by Paraman: 6:14pm On Mar 20
drimzsmoke:

But the money don spoil true true, I don dey lose money!!!!😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
A lot of you were warned. I warned my friend when he was about to buy 1 USDT for more than #1800.
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by Paraman: 6:18pm On Mar 20
Validated:

Thinking with one's Anus.
You're in pain, so I understand.
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by Honestey: 6:23pm On Mar 20
$1 = N1 Loading.........

1 Like

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by drimzsmoke(m): 6:24pm On Mar 20
Paraman:
A lot of you were warned. I warned my friend when he was about to buy 1 USDT for more than #1800.

🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚
Nobody warned me ooo!!!😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by Paraman: 6:26pm On Mar 20
drimzsmoke:

Lolz, don't mind me. I'm just kidding
I bought at 1,520 naira. Moreover, I invested the money in a 6 months investment plan, so I can't just go to the app and withdraw my money now. Ko possible!!!
But thanks for the help sha!!!😁😁😁😁😁😁
You don dey lose between #85-#95 on each dollar you bought now.

You're not losing much like this sha 😁😁😁
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by PARADIZEPRIEST: 6:28pm On Mar 20
THANK GOD,MORE STRENGTHENING IS COMING IFSHA
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by Paraman: 6:32pm On Mar 20
drimzsmoke:

🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚
Nobody warned me ooo!!!😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
That means you don't really follow the news
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by Ferdinandu(m): 6:34pm On Mar 20
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by RecentHistory: 6:34pm On Mar 20
drimzsmoke:

Lolz, don't mind me. I'm just kidding
I bought at 1,520 naira. Moreover, I invested the money in a 6 months investment plan, so I can't just go to the app and withdraw my money now. Ko possible!!!
But thanks for the help sha!!!😁😁😁😁😁😁

Ndi Risevest
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by RecentHistory: 6:37pm On Mar 20
MrNipplesLover:
In 2015, GEJ left it below N300...

These stupid APChit bastards should return it to its original form that they met it...

Stupid people...

Why didn't GEJ leave it at 28 Naira per dollar that PDP met it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by predictor1: 6:40pm On Mar 20
MrPOTUS:

Slavery mentality undecided

Why can't it go lower than ₦260?

SA's rand is close to a dollar, those it mean that their individual earnings hasn't improved for 9years, according to your dumb narrative?

You Nigerians don't have brains to think, always cherish your chains and defend your oppressors. And fight those trying to free you from oppression.

Y'all deserve the useless leaders you get. undecided
You are not very intelligent. The Nigerian economy produces very little. That's why the naira is weak. It's been weak for decades but dumb leaders have been borrowing money against your life and those of your children born and unborn to prop up the naira. Now it fell to over #1000 because someone removed the props. Now if we start producing aggressively and you also join instead of sitting on your lazy fat arse, then naira will start appreciating, but not by wishful thinking.

Study South Africa's economy and see how it has always been more productive than Nigeria's.
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by RecentHistory: 6:41pm On Mar 20
VanuatuWycombe:
Is it possible and legal to be paying states’ monthly allocation in USD?

I just wan check something.

Is USD your legal tender?
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by lionshare: 6:46pm On Mar 20
Believeintruth:

There was a retail bid by the CBN to settle outstanding FX issues. that was the reason for the slide in FX rates, this has made a lot of USD in circulation which has pumped down the dollar value. This is still a short term measure.

Please can you explain what you mean by retail bid? when & where? any links?
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by VULCAN(m): 6:48pm On Mar 20
These headlines are so funny.

By this time last year $ was N700

Nowadays, we hear N1400 is Naira strengthening.

Lollz.

Jokers

1 Like

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by RecentHistory: 6:50pm On Mar 20
SenatePresdo:

Its just a temporal solution, before the second half of the year, dollar would sell for 2k, provided our currency stays afloat.

12B wey don finish since. You aren't even informed.
Oil prices have risen and more dollars are entering.
Check recent oil prices
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by SYSTEM222: 6:52pm On Mar 20
RecentHistory:

12B wey don finish since. You aren't even informed.
Oil prices have risen and more dollars are entering.
Check recent oil prices

Do you mean Naira will continually gain against dollar?
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by Ofunaofu: 6:57pm On Mar 20
papiwyte:
Enemies of Nigeria won't like this news

You are actually the real enemy

How much was it when Tinubu took over?

1 Like

Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:58pm On Mar 20
Winning123:

They will sell that dollar for N500 very soon. God go deal with them and their collaborators.
Amen oo!

We are all praying for it, seeing d way APC has increased d numbers of beggers on our streets!

undecided
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by BreconHills(m): 7:01pm On Mar 20
busomma:
Don't be carried away by the news. The fact is that Nigeria don't hv enough foreign reserves to defend the naira.

They don't? Really. 6.9 months import cover and accretion of $1bn in 60 days. $5bn Eurobond loading and positive FPI flows. Oil production up to 1.4 and 1.6 + condensate.

You are going to have to look harder for bad news buddy.

The forecasts are much stronger than this news. Market is pricing in the future. CBN signalled adequacy by allowing imports of milk and dairy. products today.
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by Davehasmadeit(m): 7:04pm On Mar 20
chaddy16:
We will all witness a better Nigeria together in our live lifetime. Insha Allah
Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market by Lifemanage: 7:04pm On Mar 20
PureFace1:

The economy can still be bad even if 100 naira equal to 1 dollar.

What's important Is the employment rate.

There's no point if 100 naira equal to 1 dollars but hardly any jobs to make money from.

There is so much work in Nigeria but few jobs simply because people love stealing and fast money in Nigeria . If people begin to diligently work for others, jobs plenty

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

CBN Insists It Won’t Reverse Restriction On Naira ATM Card Abroad / Top 7 ATM Card Safety Tips You Should Know / BREAKING: Lagos Govt Demolishes Shops Near Ikeja Computer Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.