Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,746 members, 7,851,560 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:53 PM

If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? (2741 Views)

Does This Verse Mean Jesus Is God Himself? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) / Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? by Steep(m): 12:01pm On Mar 21
Emusan:

Not at all, your point here is political excuse people gave to exonerate the Jewish leaders from Christ crucifixion.

The Jewish leaders then knew exactly what they were doing using God's Word to counter Jesus Christ. Jesus only correct their misunderstanding of God's word where the they wrongly apply it.

The Temple and the City were still destroyed when Jesus was not there.
No, I am not excusing it, actually they really do not know what they were doing. That is why Jesus prayed saying his father should forgive them because they don't know what they were doing.
Paul also said the Jewish nation were blinded, and also had they knew hey won't have crucified the Lord.
Their blindness is from Moses law written for them, they were not truly keeping the law as they ought to, hence became blinded by false righteousness they thought they had.
Re: If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? by Michael547(m): 12:10pm On Mar 21
Emusan:

Jesus never claimed to be Almighty God on earth, scriptures only tells us Who He was before coming to earth.
Lol 😆.....e be like say you and Mr Steep go soon fight. Because the two of una wan confuse me.
So if Jesus was not the Almighty God on earth but was the Almighty God in heaven, How come he said in John 5:19 that he cannot do anything except the one that he sees his father doing?
Re: If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? by Michael547(m): 12:12pm On Mar 21
Steep:
when Jesus was on earth he limited himself to his humanity Jesus had submitted himself as servant, so some restrictions was on him as he was born in human form.

Philippians 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Since he limited himself to his humanity, why do you still claim that he was the Almighty God while on earth? Someone that told you that the father was greater than him and that he does not know the hour of Judgement.
Re: If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? by Emusan(m): 12:12pm On Mar 21
Steep:
No, I am not excusing it, actually they really do not know what they were doing. That is why Jesus prayed saying his father should forgive them because they don't know what they were doing.

That's not what my post meant

I meant, they know every accusations brought against Jesus even the scriptures they used.

Paul also said the Jewish nation were blinded, and also had they knew hey won't have crucified the Lord.
Their blindness is from Moses law written for them, they were not truly keeping the law as they ought to, hence became blinded by false righteousness they thought they had.

As clarified above, I guess you understand my point now.

Of course they don't know their actions is leading to the fulfillment of God's plan even when it is written in the scriptures they are using against Jesus.
Re: If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? by Michael547(m): 12:14pm On Mar 21
Emusan:

You couldn't even provide evidence where you got DISTINCT GODS(plural) from.

I said they are not DISTINCT God's(plural) as you put it.

Never dodge my question again because if not you'd have seen my point.
Na English dey confuse you.....do you agree that the father and son are separate persons? That is my question.
Re: If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? by Emusan(m): 12:19pm On Mar 21
Michael547:

Lol 😆.....e be like say you and Mr Steep go soon fight. Because the two of una wan confuse me.
So if Jesus was not the Almighty God on earth but was the Almighty God in heaven, How come he said in John 5:19 that he cannot do anything except the one that he sees his father doing?

You can only see the fight within your brain.

Phil 2:7 answered your question "Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form"
Re: If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? by Emusan(m): 12:21pm On Mar 21
Michael547:

Na English dey confuse you.....do you agree that the father and son are separate persons? That is my question.

That's not your question, stop lying.

Person is different from God

And you even used GODS(plural), it's evident you're the one who lack simple comprehension in English.

They are SEPARATE person.

So what is your point?
Re: If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? by Michael547(m): 12:21pm On Mar 21
Emusan:

You can only see the fight within your brain.

Phil 2:7 answered your question "Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form"
So did Jesus make that decision himself or he was told to do so by the Father in heaven?
Re: If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? by Emusan(m): 12:23pm On Mar 21
Michael547:

So did Jesus make that decision himself or he was told to do so by the Father in heaven?

Your lack of simple comprehension is second to none.

Read the verse I provided again.
Re: If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? by Michael547(m): 12:24pm On Mar 21
Emusan:

That's not your question, stop lying.

Person is different from God

And you even used GODS(plural), it's evident you're the one who lack simple comprehension in English.

They are SEPARATE person.

So what is your point?
Ok oo.....if the father is separate from the son son in heaven, How come we only have GOD the Father, and not God the son and God the holy spirit in heaven?
I thought the Trinity teaches that these three combine to even form the word 'GOD'.
Re: If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? by Emusan(m): 12:25pm On Mar 21
Michael547:

Ok oo.....if the father is separate from the son son in heaven

Where did you read this from?

Provide the source before we continue.

How come we only have GOD the Father, and not God the son and God the holy spirit in heaven?
I thought the Trinity teaches that these three combine to even form the word 'GOD'.
Re: If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? by capnies: 12:26pm On Mar 21
WritingDavid1:
Jesus is God… However we always need to understand that in scripture Jesus speaks as both God and as man (owing to the fact that he has two natures) That is why speaking as God, the same Jesus said “to have seen me is to have seen the father” “I and the father are one”

JESUS IS NOT GOD.
JESUS WAS CREATED PROVERBS 8:22-26
1 CORINTHIANS 11:3 SAYS THE HEAD OF CHRIST IS GOD.

1 TIMOTHY 2:5 SAYS FOR THERE'S ONLY ONE GOD AND ONE MEDIATOR BETWEEN GID AND MEN; THE MAN JESUS CHRIST

1 CORINTHIANS 15:27-28 GNB
27For the scripture says, “God put all things under his feet.” It is clear, of course, that the words “all things” do not include God himself, who puts all things under Christ. 28But when all things have been placed under Christ's rule, then he himself, the Son, will place himself under God, who placed all things under him; and God will rule completely over all.

1 CORINTHIANS 15:27-28 KJV
For “He has put all things under His feet.” But when He says “all things are put under Him,” it is evident that He who put all things under Him is excepted. Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.

ALSO NOTE THAT GOD CANNOT PRAY, YOU CAN ONLY PRAY TO YOUR SUPERIOR.

YOU CANNOT SEND YOURSELF ON AN ERRAND - the sender is always greater than the sendee
Re: If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? by capnies: 12:27pm On Mar 21
Steep:
In the Trinity, the father, Son and Holy Spirit do not have same office or position.

The Father has the office or position as the authority of God. Hence he is called God or " The God" he ordains all things, the father ordains the Son to be the saviour,ruler and judge of all things, The father presdestinates sons to come into fellowship with him.

"The word" reveals God, creates hence called the word of God all of the fathers plans, will and decisions can only be fulfilled by the office of the Son. For example it was the father's will for all things to be created but it could only be fulfilled through the Son, it was the father's plan and will for us to be saved but it can only be fulfilled through and in Christ hence Jesus is the only way to be saved.

The Holy Spirit is the power of God he acts base on the authority and will of the father and Son hence he is called the Spirit of the Father or the Spirit of the Son sometimes the Spirit of christ.

The unique offices of the Trinity was stated by Paul in ephesians.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

1 Corinthians 8:5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Paul is describing the offices of The father, Son and Holy Spirit.
The father is called called the One God
Jesus the Son is called the One Lord
The the Holy ghost as the one Spirit.

So when Jesus was called the father the only true God he was alluding to the father's position as God but however there are other entities who are being paraded or are parading themselves as God, for example Satan is called the God of this world because he is usurping the position or office of the father but he is not God but mere creature.

TRINITY IS DEVILS DOCTRINE. THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD.
Re: If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? by Michael547(m): 12:28pm On Mar 21
Emusan:

Your lack of simple comprehension is second to none.

Read the verse I provided again.
😆 So Jesus was lying in John 12:49 and John 3:16 that the Father sent him to the earth to die abi? So it was actually his decision? OK now I understand. Jesus was a liar according to you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:29pm On Mar 21
capnies:

TRINITY IS DEVILS DOCTRINE. THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD.
Abeg who you be?
You chop winch? cheesy
Re: If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:30pm On Mar 21
Michael547:

😆 So Jesus was lying in John 12:49 and John 3:16 that the Father sent him to the earth to die abi? So it was actually his decision? OK now I understand. Jesus was a liar according to you.
cheesy
Re: If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? by Emusan(m): 12:32pm On Mar 21
Michael547:

Is that what you read and understand from that verse?
Re: If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? by Michael547(m): 12:32pm On Mar 21
Emusan:

Where did you read this from?

Provide the source before we continue.

Re: If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? by Michael547(m): 12:33pm On Mar 21
Emusan:

Is that what you read and understand from that verse?
Oya explain
Re: If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? by capnies: 12:33pm On Mar 21
Michael547:

What are the two nature's of Jesus? If Jesus is distinct from the Father, How come they are equals?

They are NOT equal
Read 1 Corinthians 11;3 it says God is the head of Christ. Read your Bible, don't listen to false doctrines flying everywhere
Re: If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? by Emusan(m): 12:35pm On Mar 21
Michael547:

Very pathetic

See the person I've been dialogue with since.

So where did "...in heaven" appear in my post?
Re: If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? by Emusan(m): 12:36pm On Mar 21
Michael547:

Oya explain

Here is the verse again and tell me how you came up with your question.

"Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form"
Re: If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? by capnies: 12:36pm On Mar 21
Michael547:

If the Son is equal to the father in qualities, why is he called a 'son'? How can an immortal and eternal God become a creation and die? Does that mean that the Father can die also?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR WISDOM. GOD CREATED JESUS READ PROVERB 8:22-26

GOD IS HIGHER THAN JESUS
READ 1 CORINTHIANS 11:3
IT SAYS THE HEAD OF CHRIST IS GOD
Re: If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? by Michael547(m): 12:41pm On Mar 21
Emusan:

Here is the verse again and tell me how you came up with your question.

"Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form"
Oga you have claimed that the father and son is equal. And that the father is greater than the son in rank when the son came to the earth.
You have also claimed that the son on earth was not the Almighty God.
Now if the son is equal the father while he was in heaven, why does John 3:16 and John 12:49 say that the he was sent to do the things on earth which he did. On what authority did the father send him if they were equals in heaven?
Re: If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? by Michael547(m): 12:43pm On Mar 21
capnies:

THANK YOU FOR YOUR WISDOM. GOD CREATED JESUS READ PROVERB 8:22-26

GOD IS HIGHER THAN JESUS
READ 1 CORINTHIANS 11:3
IT SAYS THE HEAD OF CHRIST IS GOD
Don't mind these confused Trinitarians trying to confuse me. They are nit even in agreement on the subject both mr Emusan and Mr Steep. The two of them are just contradicting themselves.
Re: If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? by capnies: 12:43pm On Mar 21
Michael547:

Since we know the name of the son to be Jesus, What is the name of the father and holy spirit?

THE NAME OF THE FATHER IS JEHOVAH Read Psalms 83:18 KJV
IT SAYS
That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, Art the Most High over all the earth

THE HOLY SPIRIT IS NOT A PERSONALITY SO HAS NO NAME
The Holy Spirit is the power or energy of God that He uses to do all things.
The spirit has no shape so can appear as bird, fire, water wind etc
Re: If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? by Emusan(m): 12:43pm On Mar 21
Michael547:

Oga you have claimed that the father and son is equal. And that the father is greater than the son in rank when the son came to the earth.
You have also claimed that the son on earth was not the Almighty God.
Now if the son is equal the father while he was in heaven, why does John 3:16 and John 12:49 say that the he was sent to do the things on earth which he did. On what authority did the father send him if they were equals in heaven?
Meaning that the

Block head!

Did I say Jesus ONLY BECAME A SON on Earth?

What does this tell you?
Re: If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? by Michael547(m): 12:45pm On Mar 21
Emusan:

Block head!

Did I say Jesus ONLY BECAME A SON on Earth?

What does this tell you?
You must be very daft.....is the below screenshot not the reason you said that the father was greater in rank than the son?
So how did Jesus became a son in heaven?

Re: If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? by Emusan(m): 12:46pm On Mar 21
Michael547:

You must be very daft.....is the below screenshot not the reason you said that the father was greater in rank than the son?
So did Jesus became a son in heaven?

Block head that didn't answer my question.

Did I say Jesus became a Son on earth or not?

What does that tell you?
Re: If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? by capnies: 12:47pm On Mar 21
Steep:
His humanity and is divinity. Jesus is same God with the father.

NO NO NO
READ 1 TIMOTHY 2:5
There is only one God and one mediator between God and Men; the man JESUS CHRIST.

JESUS IS NOT GOD HE WAS CREATED
Re: If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? by Michael547(m): 12:50pm On Mar 21
Emusan:

Block head that didn't answer my question.

Did I say Jesus became a Son on earth or not?

What does that tell you?
You said Jesus became a son on earth. That is why you agree that the Father has a greater rank.
So before Jesus came to the earth, how did the father have a greater rank? If the father did not have a greater rank while Jesus was in heaven, why is Jesus given the title 'son' in heaven?
Re: If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God? by capnies: 12:50pm On Mar 21
Michael547:

Don't mind these confused Trinitarians trying to confuse me. They are nit even in agreement on the subject both mr Emusan and Mr Steep. The two of them are just contradicting themselves.

HOLD ON TO YOUR BIBLE KNOWLEDGE AND PLEASE HELP TO TEACH OTHERS. GOD WILL REWARD YOU WITH ETERNAL LIFE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sorry Pastor Kun, i am Just Asking / Here Is Why Buddhism Is One Of The Best religions / Pastor Ajanaku Is Dead (Christ-Revival Church Pastor)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.